Saturated Fats - AnabolicMinds.com

Saturated Fats

1. New Member

Saturated Fats

I've heard bodybuilders say that they can get away with certain things pre-contest such as sugar and fat, but that saturated fat is something they have to stay away from, no exceptions. It's no surprise to me that saturated fats aren't ideal for bodybuilders preparing for contest, but I'm very curious to know the technical/scientific reasoning behind this seemingly stark avoidance. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

the same bodybuilders who gave you that advice should tell you why too.
  3. New Member

Thanks for the enriching response, however, I might remind you that there are more ways of "hearing" something than through face to face contact. Perhaps I am to blame for not being specific, or by simply assuming that the crux of my inquiry would have taken center stage in whatever response I may have gotten. I appreciate the time you took out of your day to write something so riveting, however, I cannot say much of the same for the time I wasted out of mine to read it. Next time, I might include the preface that impertinent answers need not be voiced. Furthermore, for yourself, try not to assume the nature of situational intricacies, especially if vastly uncertain of their validity, such as with this one. Remember, it's always best to let people think intellectual inferiority of you, rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Now, does anyone have something useful to add?
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

His answer was appropriate

I have zero personal experience with contest prep but from a scientific aspect, there should be very little aesthetic difference between consuming sat vs unsat fats. So whoever os posting or saying or wherever you are getting this claim from, then you should inquiry as to what their reasoning is.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. New Member

Perhaps I need to use smaller words? Or did you two just happen to go to the same school of academic antithesis? The point I was trying to make (read carefully, now) was that I heard this on TV, thereby rendering dialogue somewhat of a challenge. So, allow me to retort by saying that his answer was anything but appropriate. Besides, perhaps you can shed some light on how you justify your claim that anything on this issue is appropriate when you lead with an admission of having no direct experience? Is that because you, too, don't think before you speak? No need to answer that one...I'm quite certain I know the answer.

Tip for the future: Don't respond to anything I post unless you are qualified to do so. You clearly state your own lack of qualification in this area, so if you just enjoy "hearing yourself speak", do us all a favor and go no further than your bathroom mirror. If you simply like wasting others' time, just send them to your old alma mater -- It seems unmatched in its production of waste.

Tip for the taking: Don't be in too much of a hurry to team up with your pal here to solve any of the world's issues. It's likely fair to say the world is better off burned at the fiery hand of hell, than confused by the mind-numbing logic of Cro-Magnon and the Missing Link.

By the way, the bodybuilder I heard this from, was a little known contender named, Ronnie Coleman, at the 2001 Olympia...heard of him?

Check your facts before you challenge ANYONE...Check your wit before you challenge ME...
  6. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by cgraham023 View Post

Tip for the future: Don't respond to anything I post unless you are qualified to do so.
    Im sorry you are right. I am no where nearly as qualified to speak on the physiological response to nutrients and the likely impact food has on humans. Better stick with Coleman as he is clearly well versed in nutrient metabolisim :/

You asked for scientific reasoning not anecdotal experience and I gave you your answer. Saturated fats should make no difference on body composition than unsaturated fats would. But thanks for the heads up anyway. I will avoid your post in the future. Take care
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.

Stop wasting ppls time with stupid shiet you heard that has no bearing on your life now or ever. Your cockiness shows how dumb you are under all that 8th grade education. You must have a very little pecker to be using such big words which in reality doesnt impress anybody but yourself.
    Now hit the books and find the answer for yourself...I promise it wont be hard and spare us the complete jack ass you making of yourself buddy!lol
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Stop wasting ppls time with stupid shiet you heard that has no bearing on your life now or ever. Your cockiness shows how dumb you are under all that 8th grade education. You must have a very little pecker to be using such big words which in reality doesnt impress anybody but yourself.
    Now hit the books and find the answer for yourself...I promise it wont be hard and spare us the complete jack ass you making of yourself buddy!lol

mod edit: nope
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 08:01 AM
  2. Health Benefits of Saturated Fats
    By Al Shades in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 03:07 AM
  3. Saturated fats and hormone production- question for the diet guys
    By Champ50 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8