KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

Page 22 of 57 First ... 2021222324 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    nice! so the time is getting close! can't wait to see how you place, dude, you're going to rock that stage
    Thanks Swanks! Oh I am a poet and didn't know it!

I am giving it hell, and focusing hard on crushing it. I keep looking at Snags and thinking DAMN am I gonna be in that shape at 4 weeks out. The weeks move so fast and as big as the changes are to others they seem small to me. It's okay I trust that my coach is taking me in the way I need to be. I know if I come in as hard as I was last time and as big as it looks like I should be this time that I will do myself proud which is the biggest thing for me. I would love to win, or even place well enough to earn a spot at the Nationals but the reality is that I want to make myself proud. The NPC is the biggest and baddest of the big and bad when it comes to amateur competition and nobody knows who will show up that day. So my plan to do exactly as you said and ROCK THAT STAGE! That is the only thing I can control so that is my job from here though to the show. In all honesty if I don't make it to Nationals I don't see me competing again any time real soon. That would be a great reason for me to buck up and kill it for a while next year trying to grow into a National show sometime next year. Otherwise I probably won't drag my wife through another prep for at least another year or two if at all.

I have a lot of work to do since I need to pick a song or music to use and then get a routine set up for it. That will be where I enlist the aid of the guy who said he would help me. I have a pretty good grasp of the mandatory poses. It is setting up and making the routine that is going to be the hard work. Once it is squared away and memorized to a T then I can really turn it into something fun I can express my personality through.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I have a lot of work to do since I need to pick a song or music to use and then get a routine set up for it. That will be where I enlist the aid of the guy who said he would help me. I have a pretty good grasp of the mandatory poses. It is setting up and making the routine that is going to be the hard work. Once it is squared away and memorized to a T then I can really turn it into something fun I can express my personality through.
    don't make this any harder than it has to be, my own .02 here (and yes of course something I have fallen victim to myself in past yrs lol)
    pick a song you are comfortable with, that fits you and the persona/stage presence you wish to embrace, and roll with it..if it's slower, then concentrate on smooth transitions/just rotating the body to show all angles - you really don't even need to move around the stage, again smooth and flowing transitions is key here
    if you have more of an intense song, maybe you want to bring more energy..more power poses, walking/moving around the stage, pace is slightly quicker etc

not rocket science my friend..watch enough vids of the greats, I am sure you will put something appropriate together
    •   

3. 5 minutes alone by Pantera, driving, quick transitions, fast paced, not too overpowering and a big eff-you to everyone else. If I see a guy posing to that song and he can match its intensity, he'd be a winner in my book.

4. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    5 minutes alone by Pantera, driving, quick transitions, fast paced, not too overpowering and a big eff-you to everyone else. If I see a guy posing to that song and he can match its intensity, he'd be a winner in my book.
    I've tried that approach - even tho it fits me, it is STILL too intense and I come across over the top..i also have a bad tendency to rush thru my poses; getting amped on a hardcore tune does not help my struggles

hence, for my own choice this year, I am thinking the Darkman theme, slower yet still inspring, all smooth transitions, and everything always controlled and tight..it will be an art form, that I will perfect this yr

5. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    don't make this any harder than it has to be, my own .02 here (and yes of course something I have fallen victim to myself in past yrs lol)
    pick a song you are comfortable with, that fits you and the persona/stage presence you wish to embrace, and roll with it..if it's slower, then concentrate on smooth transitions/just rotating the body to show all angles - you really don't even need to move around the stage, again smooth and flowing transitions is key here
    if you have more of an intense song, maybe you want to bring more energy..more power poses, walking/moving around the stage, pace is slightly quicker etc

not rocket science my friend..watch enough vids of the greats, I am sure you will put something appropriate together
    Right on, I sort of stumbled into this when I picked the 3 days grace song. I really felt it. It's all so clear now, it's all about projecting yourself into something that you have a kinship with.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

No doubt and you are right. I don't plan on a big choreographed orchestration here. Trying to decide if I want to go with intense music or something a bit more classical like you would see Frank Zane doing. Man that guy could pose! My big thing is to see where my arms are by then. If they have not come up to where I want them I will be doing more power poses, arms closer to the body. I already know extending them constantly away from the body without enough girth can really take a way from them. Which is why the first part of my posing practice will be concentrating on holding my 1/4 turns, and mandatory poses for 30-60 seconds each to gain control of the muscle so I am stable and not shaking when holding them. Then just playing around with some fluid transitions. Once I see myself a bit leaner knowing which extra poses will show my physique the best should be easy then adding the transitions will be no big deal. As a matter of fact I won't have to have a "set routine" at that point just be able to flow in and out of my best poses while being familiar with the music I chose.

I have the Rusty Jeffer's Posing DVD which preaches is exactly what you mentioned, nice transitions, knowing the best poses for you doing simple transitions between them.

So you don't think I need to do something like this?
    Current Training Log -

7. lol..confident fella, he is
    wouldn't be my choice - I mean this isn't dancing with the stars, or America's got talent..it is a bodybuilding show; honestly I think he detracts from his physique there quite tremendously, but I have to give him credit for....interesting selection

reminds me a bit of one of the big boys, cannot recall who it was but someone pretty well-known on the olympia stage, black fella, did a terminator-type robotic routine that broke into a dance-type thing (and pulled it off pretty good)

meh..beauty always in eye of beholder I guess

8. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol..confident fella, he is
    wouldn't be my choice - I mean this isn't dancing with the stars, or America's got talent..it is a bodybuilding show; honestly I think he detracts from his physique there quite tremendously, but I have to give him credit for....interesting selection

reminds me a bit of one of the big boys, cannot recall who it was but someone pretty well-known on the olympia stage, black fella, did a terminator-type robotic routine that broke into a dance-type thing (and pulled it off pretty good)

Kai Greene

Chris..... let's not go overboard here
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol..confident fella, he is

Yah that is pretty out there, not my taste either.

10. I think you are talking about Kai Greene... he does a lot of stuff like that. I will be looking more along the line of what you mention above for yourself.
    Current Training Log -

11. yeah guys, greene it was
    like I said he pulled it off well..just would not be something I would ever do

12. Kai has enough muscle to pull off just about whatever he wants... I can see you more of a classic type poser Snags.
    Current Training Log -

13. Well, I have to admit I suck at taking it easy... I went for my walk at lunch, was walking out past a spot where I go to do body weight circuits and decided I needed some intensity in my life! SO... I stopped and did a body weight circuit.

Started with Step ups onto a 24 inch platform each leg x20, push ups x20, 45 degree body weight rows x20 I did 3 nonstop circuits then switched to Sumo Squats x20, Push Ups x20 and 45 degree body weight rows x 20 for the last 2 rotations. No rest between any of these.

1.25-1.5 mile walk there,
    Circuit Totals:
    60 step ups per leg
    100 push ups
    100 45 degree body weight rows
    40 body weight sumo squats
    1.25-1.5 miles back
    I was sweating like crazy then I walked back I stepped on a small stick that actually stabbed all the way through the bottom of my shoe. Lucky for me there were some construction workers there so I got one of them to pull the stick back out with some pliers. Crazy!
    Current Training Log -

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Kai has enough muscle to pull off just about whatever he wants... I can see you more of a classic type poser Snags.
    I'm thinking Lee Priest style....he was a cool poser.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well, I have to admit I suck at taking it easy... I went for my walk at lunch, was walking out past a spot where I go to do body weight circuits and decided I needed some intensity in my life! SO... I stopped and did a body weight circuit.

Started with Step ups onto a 24 inch platform each leg x20, push ups x20, 45 degree body weight rows x20 I did 3 nonstop circuits then switched to Sumo Squats x20, Push Ups x20 and 45 degree body weight rows x 20 for the last 2 rotations. No rest between any of these.

1.25-1.5 mile walk there,
    Circuit Totals:
    60 step ups per leg
    100 push ups
    100 45 degree body weight rows
    40 body weight sumo squats
    1.25-1.5 miles back
    I was sweating like crazy then I walked back I stepped on a small stick that actually stabbed all the way through the bottom of my shoe. Lucky for me there were some construction workers there so I got one of them to pull the stick back out with some pliers. Crazy!
    I thought you were tired?.....taking it easy, yeah right

Bad ass stick...that sucks, be carefull of infections.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

16. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    I thought you were tired?.....taking it easy, yeah right

Bad ass stick...that sucks, be carefull of infections.
    I am tired now! LOL

Yeah luckily I heard the pop and felt the tip of the stick poke through and stopped mid step so it never made it though the insole just all of the rubber. We had to actually pull the insole out and then pull it out from the inside it was to tight and kept breaking the stick from the other side.
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

I am tired now! LOL

Yeah luckily I heard the pop and felt the tip of the stick poke through and stopped mid step so it never made it though the insole just all of the rubber. We had to actually pull the insole out and then pull it out from the inside it was to tight and kept breaking the stick from the other side.
    Good excuse for some new shoes lol
    OLYMPUS UK REP

18. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Good excuse for some new shoes lol
    Yeah those are about 4 years old, and the newest pair I have are over a year old now. I am always the last person to buy something for myself, my wife almost has to insist I get something new for myself before I do... These already had small holes in the top of them but I was just wearing them when I went to walk and or do hill sprints. I want to maybe get some soccer shows next.
    Current Training Log -

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah those are about 4 years old, and the newest pair I have are over a year old now. I am always the last person to buy something for myself, my wife almost has to insist I get something new for myself before I do... These already had small holes in the top of them but I was just wearing them when I went to walk and or do hill sprints. I want to maybe get some soccer shows next.
    Some shoes are pretty durable and you can rotate use if you train with more than one pair. That will make them last.

20. Hey Kleen, you listen to Volbeat? They have some great tunes. Upbeat rhythms but not too intense. And good vocals too! A Warrior's Call would be the first I recommend.
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html

21. No I will have to check into them. Had a great lift today will update when I am on a computer.
    Current Training Log -

22. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Funny you say that....my wife always gets mad that I never buy new clothes and/ or shoes

That's probably the reason why I always have money, and she doesn't....and the end I have nothing too, you probably guessed why
    OLYMPUS UK REP

23. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Funny you say that....my wife always gets mad that I never buy new clothes and/ or shoes

That's probably the reason why I always have money, and she doesn't....and the end I have nothing too, you probably guessed why
    you continue to bring up all these fond memories of marriage that I have
    not knocking it at all, but - let me tell you how happy I am these days

24. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you continue to bring up all these fond memories of marriage that I have
    not knocking it at all, but - let me tell you how happy I am these days
    Lol....my wife has a forum, babybites to bitch about me....I have you guys
    OLYMPUS UK REP

25. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Lol....my wife has a forum, babybites to bitch about me....I have you guys
    We're here for you brother. My wife makes a comedy routine about my short comings. We have accepted who we are and are quite happy. You have to some way learn to laugh at yourself. Me lol I am be such a fuggin tool
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. From 205 to 178, in 45 days.
    By PumpYouUp in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:20 AM
  4. cutting from 180 to 155 in 1 month