KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

Page 21 of 57 First ... 1920212223 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    exactly chris..very good understanding and intuitiveness
    there is also no such thing as "sprints on the bike"..that would simply be HIIT biking, no other magic
    you actually miss the point of why the sprints are there to begin with (leg separation from the motion), in this time period..HIIT action to burn extra cals is not the focus, and final week is the LAST time in the world you need to be thinking about HIIT activity..it is simply a fallback technique, and a visual improvement strategy, when you need the extra attention to your legs at the very end to get them up to snuff
    Actually I did get it but when my hip blew up I tried to find something that would assimilate the strain.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

2. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Actually I did get it but when my hip blew up I tried to find something that would assimilate the strain.
    I think you mean "simulate", not assimilate..just a guess
    anyway - you cannot "simulate" sprints on a bike either; why is it you think you cannot do them (reg sprints) due to your physical issues, but you can "copy" the intention with these bike "sprints"? if you think about that for a moment, you will realize it does not make any sense doug

sprints are there, for SEPERATION purposes - NOT to burn cals; HIIT biking will not "assimilate" this for you
    no, I don't think you get it, at all

3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I think you mean "simulate", not assimilate..just a guess
    anyway - you cannot "simulate" sprints on a bike either; why is it you think you cannot do them (reg sprints) due to your physical issues, but you can "copy" the intention with these bike "sprints"? if you think about that for a moment, you will realize it does not make any sense doug

sprints are there, for SEPERATION purposes - NOT to burn cals; HIIT biking will not "assimilate" this for you
    no, I don't think you get it, at all
    Yah I sort of know what you're saying now. I did what I thought was right but maybe shouldn't have. I will sprint if I can next time but some stuff has to heal. My hip seems better though, I will see how it feels later. The heel has been very annoying, sometimes it feels better than others. I have pretty bad ankles from football could be connected somehow. I had this last year and it healed eventually.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

Yah I sort of know what you're saying now. I did what I thought was right but maybe shouldn't have. I will sprint if I can next time but some stuff has to heal. My hip seems better though, I will see how it feels later. The heel has been very annoying, sometimes it feels better than others. I have pretty bad ankles from football could be connected somehow. I had this last year and it healed eventually.
    Do you do any prehab/rehab stuff like foam rolling, rolling in general or stretching? No sure on what's wrong with your heel, but lacrosse balls can work wonders on the foot and simple foam rolling can help a lot in other areas that the ball is simply too small for. If you have not implemented any of this, I would suggest trying it for a while to see of it helps.
    Eric Cressey has a great tutorial on his YouTube page on rolling techniques.
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Do you do any prehab/rehab stuff like foam rolling, rolling in general or stretching? No sure on what's wrong with your heel, but lacrosse balls can work wonders on the foot and simple foam rolling can help a lot in other areas that the ball is simply too small for. If you have not implemented any of this, I would suggest trying it for a while to see of it helps.
    Eric Cressey has a great tutorial on his YouTube page on rolling techniques.
    Nice suggestions!

Doug, good thing about sprinting is it is all done on your toes so the heel should not really be a factor so long as the hip holds up. If you do them start out with like 75-80% effort sprints and build up so you don't pull or strain anything. Even once you get better the first few should always be a little lower intensity "for a sprint anyway" then hit the hard ones. Also at your age, even my age a rolling start will benefit you. IE... 25 yards at 65-70% 50 yards at 90%, 25 at 65-70%
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

6. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you mean, you didn't have to need to do extra cardio because of the tight and reduced diet I already had you on, as you had to catch up in a hurry from being behind in prep..
    fixed

I think a lot of guys misunderstand the point of cardio - and like chris says, whether you "need" cardio or not to get lean in combination with your diet, is going to be determined by your approach/goals ie if you want to lean out is one thing; if you want to solidify and maybe gain some muscle/improve body mass and want more cals in play to do so but yet need to lean out and reduce bf% at same time..

cardio is simply another tool in the toolbox, versatile in that it can be used in many different ways
    lol....listen y'all....the master speaks
    OLYMPUS UK REP

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice suggestions!

Doug, good thing about sprinting is it is all done on your toes so the heel should not really be a factor so long as the hip holds up. If you do them start out with like 75-80% effort sprints and build up so you don't pull or strain anything. Even once you get better the first few should always be a little lower intensity "for a sprint anyway" then hit the hard ones. Also at your age, even my age a rolling start will benefit you. IE... 25 yards at 65-70% 50 yards at 90%, 25 at 65-70%
    Yah that's true the pain originates in the heel but is caused by the tendon streching along the arch but if I warm it up that is definitely less of a problem and surface may be a factor as well. I am going to try the ball rolling thing, I do plenty of stretching but never any foam rolling.

8. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    lol....listen y'all....the master speaks
    Yah I thought cardio was just about fat burn.

9. You live in Houston area right Kleen?

I know Monty is in Conroe as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You live in Houston area right Kleen?

I know Monty is in Conroe as well.
    Yes Sir! I live down on the South side of Houston where the South Belt meets 45.

Doug, got ya so it isn't like a bruised heel or something it is in the tendon or musculature surrounding the heel.
    Current Training Log -

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Yes Sir! I live down on the South side of Houston where the South Belt meets 45.

Doug, got ya so it isn't like a bruised heel or something it is in the tendon or musculature surrounding the heel.
    Well, ****.

I live on the north side, out in Spring.

I'm gonna be in Webster this Saturday though, is that decently close to where you live?

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Well, ****.

I'm gonna be in Webster this Saturday though, is that decently close to where you live?
    You love in spring and still haven't trained with me? Shame on you
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Lol I just got back last Wednesday!

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well, ****.

Yeah, Webster is about 5 miles south of me. What you gonna be doing out there. Maybe we can get together for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    He loves all over the place you just want him to love you in Conroe admit it.
    Current Training Log -

15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah, Webster is about 5 miles south of me. What you gonna be doing out there. Maybe we can get together for a bit.

He loves all over the place you just want him to love you in Conroe admit it.
    I've got a PLing meet at the Holiday Inn there in Webster.

Gonna be there probably all day, they sound like they are fairly lengthy events.

Although, one of these days I'd love to get a lift in with you two (although I'm sure your volume would tear me apart lol)

16. Well that sounds like a good time. You would manage on the volume, you may be sore as hell later but the motivation of lifting with someone can make you feel like you have never ending energy.
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well that sounds like a good time. You would manage on the volume, you may be sore as hell later but the motivation of lifting with someone can make you feel like you have never ending energy.
    We'll have to do that sometime.

Idk when though.

18. I am feeling a bit lethargic as of late, not sure if it is the fact I have not had a rest day in 2-3 weeks or the anabolics. Either way I almost slept through my alarm this morning. I ended up rolling into the gym about 15-20 minutes late so I was not able to do Biceps this morning. I can do those very easily when I get home tonight so I am not overly worried about it.

Upon rising I took my pre workout concoction, 1 scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop Creatrona, and 1 scoop Apple Fusion BCAA SAA. Got ready and left for the gym.

I was still dragging ass when I got there, did my warm ups and got into the workout. By the time I got started lifting I was waking up a bit and ready to kick in with some intensity. Accepting no less than improving on my last numbers which as you can see by looking above this weeks numbers I beat every single one of them!!!

Name:  _8-1-13 workout.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  318.3 KB

Tonight I will lift in the garage hitting biceps full force and maybe do some cardio if I have time or energy afterwards. Today is my higher carb day so I had a decent chunk post lift earlier and have will smaller portions throughout the day followed by a good 80-100 grams post workout.
    Current Training Log -

19. unless you are consistently lethargic, should be just blip on the ol' radar..i have had couple days here & there myself -- like 3 or something the whole time
    if it is consistent and day-in/day-out, Houston we have a problem (can be traced directly to your methylated anabolics, as dietary intake is not low relatively speaking right now)

20. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    unless you are consistently lethargic, should be just blip on the ol' radar..i have had couple days here & there myself -- like 3 or something the whole time
    if it is consistent and day-in/day-out, Houston we have a problem (can be traced directly to your methylated anabolics, as dietary intake is not low relatively speaking right now)
    Agreed, I think I am honestly just tired. Like I said 3 weeks and I haven't taken a day off to rest. If not lifting I have done HIIT. Also some of this can be attribiuted to adjusting to a keto style diet. Should start to get more and more used to that in the next week. I blame some of the post workout tiredness on the insulin surge from post workout carbs. I had some more complex carbs with some red meat for meal two and seemed to pick up a bit. On top of that my allergies are a bit out of control dragging me down. I am very allergic to high ozone or whatever it is called. When we have high ozone days my eyes dry up and get red, my nostrils swell damn near shut and all that wondrous mess that comes along with allergies. However I think a good day of rest is what I really need. If it does begin to be an every day thing with the lethargy then I have some 4-AD to add to this which will give me some testosterone in my system, plus maybe a little DHEA to help things a bit. Right now my biggest suspicion is adjusting to low carbs and needing to take a rest day.
    Current Training Log -

21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Agreed, I think I am honestly just tired. Like I said 3 weeks and I haven't taken a day off to rest. If not lifting I have done HIIT. Also some of this can be attribiuted to adjusting to a keto style diet. Should start to get more and more used to that in the next week. I blame some of the post workout tiredness on the insulin surge from post workout carbs. I had some more complex carbs with some red meat for meal two and seemed to pick up a bit. On top of that my allergies are a bit out of control dragging me down. I am very allergic to high ozone or whatever it is called. When we have high ozone days my eyes dry up and get red, my nostrils swell damn near shut and all that wondrous mess that comes along with allergies. However I think a good day of rest is what I really need. If it does begin to be an every day thing with the lethargy then I have some 4-AD to add to this which will give me some testosterone in my system, plus maybe a little DHEA to help things a bit. Right now my biggest suspicion is adjusting to low carbs and needing to take a rest day.
    My kids have been dieing from allergies the last couple days as well. Luckily I have become immune to pollen and high ozone. ... well maybe not ozone since I stay out of the sun add much add possible add my skin color suggests
    Use Code Montego15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

22. I've never had issues with allergies until this year. Something that was released in the air during remodeling at my office made me break out in hives every day for a month until they were done working. It was AWEFUL. full body hives all day every day.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

23. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    I've never had issues with allergies until this year. Something that was released in the air during remodeling at my office made me break out in hives every day for a month until they were done working. It was AWEFUL. full body hives all day every day.
    YIKES! Yeah that would really suck!

I chose to just sleep in instead of pushing myself with the HIIT this morning. I think today I am just going to do some regular LISS low intensity for cardio and allow myself a bit of relaxation. Just walk for about 3-4 miles on the lil rolling hills next to the bayou. We will see if I can stick to that. LOL I actually feel a bit better after sleeping in so we shall see. Probably a burning the candle at both ends situation causing me to feel run down.

Last night I got home and found that there were other things that needed to be done so I quickly went to the garage and got in a very fast biceps blast.

Rest periods were 15-30 seconds the entire workout was done in about 5-7 minutes
    DB Cross Body Hammer Curls 25x25 x 2 sets
    EZ Bar Drag Curls 75x20, 125x8
    EZ Bar Curls w/ 2 second negatives 125x8
    Alternating DB Curls 45x6, 45x3, 35x15, 35x12

My Biceps were actually pretty thrashed from the sudden onslaught of intensity thrown at them. HUGE pump in the biceps and vascularity was showing in spades! Beleive it or not I was dripping in sweat when this was done because of the very minimal rest, and of course it being close to 100 outside.

This weekend is going to be an active one. Tomorrow starts with a lift then I have to clean out my garage and get it set up for posing practice. I also need to rearrange my computer room for posing practice as well so I can video it in decent lighting to see how I look on video. This is a very important part of the process for me. Basically as I pose I will give myself audible notes regarding what I am doing each time and see which posing technique is best suited for my physique. I have a friend who said they will help me with posing but it will be on their schedule so I need to do what I can on my own. With the addition of posing I think we should be seeing more rapid fat loss as it is basically HIIT training in and of itself.

Sunday we are looking at going to the waterpark all day since it was raining last week. They have a picnic area and we can bring our own food so I plan to take enough grub to eat and stay on my diet. I am thinking chicken breast and avacado will be a big part of this day. Probably make several lettuce wraps and take hot sauce to put on them with some fresh pico.
    Current Training Log -

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    YIKES! Yeah that would really suck!

I chose to just sleep in instead of pushing myself with the HIIT this morning. I think today I am just going to do some regular LISS low intensity for cardio and allow myself a bit of relaxation. Just walk for about 3-4 miles on the lil rolling hills next to the bayou. We will see if I can stick to that. LOL I actually feel a bit better after sleeping in so we shall see. Probably a burning the candle at both ends situation causing me to feel run down.

Last night I got home and found that there were other things that needed to be done so I quickly went to the garage and got in a very fast biceps blast.

Rest periods were 15-30 seconds the entire workout was done in about 5-7 minutes
    DB Cross Body Hammer Curls 25x25 x 2 sets
    EZ Bar Drag Curls 75x20, 125x8
    EZ Bar Curls w/ 2 second negatives 125x8
    Alternating DB Curls 45x6, 45x3, 35x15, 35x12

My Biceps were actually pretty thrashed from the sudden onslaught of intensity thrown at them. HUGE pump in the biceps and vascularity was showing in spades! Beleive it or not I was dripping in sweat when this was done because of the very minimal rest, and of course it being close to 100 outside.

This weekend is going to be an active one. Tomorrow starts with a lift then I have to clean out my garage and get it set up for posing practice. I also need to rearrange my computer room for posing practice as well so I can video it in decent lighting to see how I look on video. This is a very important part of the process for me. Basically as I pose I will give myself audible notes regarding what I am doing each time and see which posing technique is best suited for my physique. I have a friend who said they will help me with posing but it will be on their schedule so I need to do what I can on my own. With the addition of posing I think we should be seeing more rapid fat loss as it is basically HIIT training in and of itself.

Sunday we are looking at going to the waterpark all day since it was raining last week. They have a picnic area and we can bring our own food so I plan to take enough grub to eat and stay on my diet. I am thinking chicken breast and avacado will be a big part of this day. Probably make several lettuce wraps and take hot sauce to put on them with some fresh pico.
    nice! so the time is getting close! can't wait to see how you place, dude, you're going to rock that stage
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. From 205 to 178, in 45 days.
    By PumpYouUp in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3