KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

Page 20 of 57 First ... 1819202122 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    This not being able to see pictures business is making me angry! Gonna hulk smash soon if it persists.
    Can't you see them if you open it in the browser? That is what I do when on my phone and I can't see something I just go to the website instead of using the app.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Awesome news man. Your killing this prep from where you started! Glad everythings falling in place for you
    Thanks, I am pushing extremely hard right now. Tomorrow will be a 2 a day, lift in the AM and cardio in the afternoon. Push Push Push!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    nice - already cross-striations going on in legs
    very impressive brosef beasticus!
    Thanks Snags, I am giving it hell. Shouldn't be much longer and I will get the abs and upper back shredded then things are going to look far more promising!
    Current Training Log -
    •   

3. Sick wheels my man

4. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    nice - already cross-striations going on in legs
    very impressive brosef beasticus!
    I know his legs are developing so fast.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

5. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Sick wheels my man
    Thanks! I am pushing them pretty hard. I am actually surprised at the definition with all of the heavy pounding I have been putting on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Thanks Doug, seems everything is coming together quickly.
    Current Training Log -
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Sick wheels my man
    Thanks! I am pushing them pretty hard. I am actually surprised at the definition with all of the heavy pounding I have been putting on them.
    Thanks Doug, seems everything is coming together quickly.
    Current Training Log -

7. I did not make it out of bed this morning, was just feeling extra tired so I decided to sleep in and then do my cardio at lunch and lift this evening. More than likely I will find a way to crush it in my garage instead of going into the gym and getting annoyed at the jumble of people. On tap for lunch, HIIT - Hill Sprints or maybe just some good old fashioned wind sprints.

The wife feels like she is coming down with something and one of the girls at her work had strep so I am hoping that is not going to be coming into my house. I have been getting in glutamine and Vit C anyway so I think I should be good. I just think heavy legs and then a big carb meal last night had me feeling groggy. Not feeling bad now. Just a lil tired.
    Current Training Log -

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I did not make it out of bed this morning, was just feeling extra tired so I decided to sleep in and then do my cardio at lunch and lift this evening. More than likely I will find a way to crush it in my garage instead of going into the gym and getting annoyed at the jumble of people. On tap for lunch, HIIT - Hill Sprints or maybe just some good old fashioned wind sprints.

The wife feels like she is coming down with something and one of the girls at her work had strep so I am hoping that is not going to be coming into my house. I have been getting in glutamine and Vit C anyway so I think I should be good. I just think heavy legs and then a big carb meal last night had me feeling groggy. Not feeling bad now. Just a lil tired.
    I'll hope she escapes it. Luckily I'm 100% immune to strep, but I've known plenty of people who've had it. Doesn't look enjoyable
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

9. Thanks Swanks! I hope she escapes it too. I am pretty good about not getting it but you never know and especially being on cycle their is always that one off chance... I am pretty sure that I will be fine regardless though.
    Current Training Log -

10. Yah a lot of factors here could make you more at risk, the increase in work load and stress from being on cycle amongst other kinds of stress of being in prep.

11. Still impressed. Nothing of significant intelligence to add

12. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Nothing of significant intelligence to add
    sooooo the usual post from you, you're saying?

13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    sooooo the usual post from you, you're saying?

14. Thanks David!

I am whooped I did my HIIT at lunch outside in the 97 degrees and didn't have anything left for the gym tonight. I am going to do it tomorrow then do HIIT for lunch again. Obviously doing HIIT in 97 degrees 2-3 hours before trying to go train was just a bad idea... Hell I even got a sunburn. LOL That and I had to go to the store to get some produce the guy forgot to put in my cart last night at check out. I had to work a little late and I needed to go early before the service desk closed so it was already almost 8:00 by the time I got back. Just too late to go lift when I need to get up at 3:50 tomorrow.

Rearranging things SUCKS but tomorrow I will make up for it. No real loss here just reorganization of the days.

Okay gents! I am heading to bed I am caput!
    Current Training Log -

15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    ... Hell I even got a sunburn!
    I hope you were wearing a hat

16. The sun and heat can really kill you and it's humid where you are that's another killer.

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I hope you were wearing a hat
    No but I did have sunscreen on the old noggin. I ALWAYS have sunscreen on my head and ears if I go in the sun, but my shoulders, upper back and chest got a bit red. It is all gone now.

This mornings workout was great I went up in most lifts and improved performance. I did Smith Wide Grip Upright Rows again which are becoming a favorite of mine. Not heavy weight really and not an extensive ROM. Basically I pull it up into my rip cage which brings my elbows just above my shoulders and really works medial and rear delts very nicely without causing any impingement issues I have got from free weight uprights. Again on the repeat lifts you can see the numbers from last time written above today's numbers for comparison.

Name:  _7-31-13 workout.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  342.1 KB

Upon looking at myself after the lift I was looking pretty good. Swole up like a mofo, made my pictures this week look like a small fella. Looks like not only did I look great with a pump but that MAX PUMP is beginning to saturate my system as well. My abs were also looking a bit tighter already.
    Current Training Log -

18. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    The sun and heat can really kill you and it's humid where you are that's another killer.
    Yeah it was pretty brutal, lesson learned though. If I miss training in the morning do not do cardio in the heat and expect to make up my session the same day. Would have been fine if I had just done the evening training. Oh well at this point in the game cardio is key!
    Current Training Log -

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah it was pretty brutal, lesson learned though. If I miss training in the morning do not do cardio in the heat and expect to make up my session the same day. Would have been fine if I had just done the evening training. Oh well at this point in the game cardio is key!
    The walking seems to have me covered in that department. I do the sprints on the bike though near the end and that really did seem to work for the legs. I am ready to do extra cardio if I need to, just there was no need with all the walking I do, which is also how ai get around.

20. Well, all the walking you do is basically cardio, just not on a treadmill and not jogging. With all the 5k and 10 k stuff I see in your logs day in and day out if your diet is on point shouldn't need much else at all liek you said. Me I have to go out and do cardio because my job is sedentary and I don't really have anyone to do outside activities like Steve does. Still though 3 hours a week should be plenty. Just depends on if he wants me to keep cals higher and stoke metabolism more while cutting. I do know at this point he wants my cals as high as possible while still burning fat at an accelerated pace.
    Current Training Log -

21. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am ready to do extra cardio if I need to, just there was no need with all the walking I do, which is also how ai get around.
    you mean, you didn't have to need to do extra cardio because of the tight and reduced diet I already had you on, as you had to catch up in a hurry from being behind in prep..
    fixed

I think a lot of guys misunderstand the point of cardio - and like chris says, whether you "need" cardio or not to get lean in combination with your diet, is going to be determined by your approach/goals ie if you want to lean out is one thing; if you want to solidify and maybe gain some muscle/improve body mass and want more cals in play to do so but yet need to lean out and reduce bf% at same time..

cardio is simply another tool in the toolbox, versatile in that it can be used in many different ways

22. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you mean, you didn't have to need to do extra cardio because of the tight and reduced diet I already had you on, as you had to catch up in a hurry from being behind in prep..
    fixed

I think a lot of guys misunderstand the point of cardio - and like chris says, whether you "need" cardio or not to get lean in combination with your diet, is going to be determined by your approach/goals ie if you want to lean out is one thing; if you want to solidify and maybe gain some muscle/improve body mass and want more cals in play to do so but yet need to lean out and reduce bf% at same time..

cardio is simply another tool in the toolbox, versatile in that it can be used in many different ways
    Precisely and this is why he has me doing HIIT first followed by a short bit of LISS. As you already know HIIT stokes the metabolism and facilitates the release of fat to be burned for energy. LISS is great for burning fat but long sessions cause cortisol release. THe combination makes a nice synergy of LISS burning the fat that was released by the HIIT and also giving a nice boost in metabolism from the HIIT allowing me to eat a few more calories while burning the fat stores. It is a Win / Win situation.

I also like to take 1000-1500mg of Vit C w/ a little bit of BCAA SAA prior to my HIIT/LISS combo to help curb the possible cortisol response. I am doing what I can to try to get ahead of the game at this point. I don't want to scramble at the end when body fat is lower and stress can cause catabolism of the muscle much easier. I would rather do a planned scramble up front and then pace myself more when i see that I am indeed on the schedule i want to be. I am woefully aware that although I have plenty of time, time is also very short if I don't get it all correct all the way in. I am not willing to race at the end if I can sprint a little in the beginning and then pace myself in the end when more delicate.
    Current Training Log -

23. exactly chris..very good understanding and intuitiveness
    I do the sprints on the bike though near the end and that really did seem to work for the legs..
    there is also no such thing as "sprints on the bike"..that would simply be HIIT biking, no other magic
    you actually miss the point of why the sprints are there to begin with (leg separation from the motion), in this time period..HIIT action to burn extra cals is not the focus, and final week is the LAST time in the world you need to be thinking about HIIT activity..it is simply a fallback technique, and a visual improvement strategy, when you need the extra attention to your legs at the very end to get them up to snuff

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well, all the walking you do is basically cardio, just not on a treadmill and not jogging. With all the 5k and 10 k stuff I see in your logs day in and day out if your diet is on point shouldn't need much else at all liek you said. Me I have to go out and do cardio because my job is sedentary and I don't really have anyone to do outside activities like Steve does. Still though 3 hours a week should be plenty. Just depends on if he wants me to keep cals higher and stoke metabolism more while cutting. I do know at this point he wants my cals as high as possible while still burning fat at an accelerated pace.
    Yah that was my point the walking seems to have me covered and I don't want to give it up cuz it's part of my daily lifestyle.

25. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    exactly chris..very good understanding and intuitiveness
    there is also no such thing as "sprints on the bike"..that would simply be HIIT biking, no other magic
    you actually miss the point of why the sprints are there to begin with (leg separation from the motion), in this time period..HIIT action to burn extra cals is not the focus, and final week is the LAST time in the world you need to be thinking about HIIT activity..it is simply a fallback technique, and a visual improvement strategy, when you need the extra attention to your legs at the very end
    I upped the tension and did the same cadence but sprinting is not something I could risk with my bad hip. Now I have a bad heel but that may heal lol. I have no problem with sprinting as long as my body will let me do it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. From 205 to 178, in 45 days.
    By PumpYouUp in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 09:01 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 01:20 AM
  4. cutting from 180 to 155 in 1 month