KLEEN's Competition Prep - From bleak to FREAK in 20 weeks!

Page 18 of 48 First ... 1617181920 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You live in Houston area right Kleen?

I know Monty is in Conroe as well.
    Yes Sir! I live down on the South side of Houston where the South Belt meets 45.

Doug, got ya so it isn't like a bruised heel or something it is in the tendon or musculature surrounding the heel.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Yes Sir! I live down on the South side of Houston where the South Belt meets 45.

Doug, got ya so it isn't like a bruised heel or something it is in the tendon or musculature surrounding the heel.
    Well, ****.

I live on the north side, out in Spring.

I'm gonna be in Webster this Saturday though, is that decently close to where you live?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Well, ****.

I'm gonna be in Webster this Saturday though, is that decently close to where you live?
    You love in spring and still haven't trained with me? Shame on you
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Lol I just got back last Wednesday!

5. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well, ****.

Yeah, Webster is about 5 miles south of me. What you gonna be doing out there. Maybe we can get together for a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    He loves all over the place you just want him to love you in Conroe admit it.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

6. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah, Webster is about 5 miles south of me. What you gonna be doing out there. Maybe we can get together for a bit.

He loves all over the place you just want him to love you in Conroe admit it.
    I've got a PLing meet at the Holiday Inn there in Webster.

Gonna be there probably all day, they sound like they are fairly lengthy events.

Although, one of these days I'd love to get a lift in with you two (although I'm sure your volume would tear me apart lol)

7. Well that sounds like a good time. You would manage on the volume, you may be sore as hell later but the motivation of lifting with someone can make you feel like you have never ending energy.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well that sounds like a good time. You would manage on the volume, you may be sore as hell later but the motivation of lifting with someone can make you feel like you have never ending energy.
    We'll have to do that sometime.

Idk when though.

9. I am feeling a bit lethargic as of late, not sure if it is the fact I have not had a rest day in 2-3 weeks or the anabolics. Either way I almost slept through my alarm this morning. I ended up rolling into the gym about 15-20 minutes late so I was not able to do Biceps this morning. I can do those very easily when I get home tonight so I am not overly worried about it.

Upon rising I took my pre workout concoction, 1 scoop IGNITE 2, 1 scoop Creatrona, and 1 scoop Apple Fusion BCAA SAA. Got ready and left for the gym.

I was still dragging ass when I got there, did my warm ups and got into the workout. By the time I got started lifting I was waking up a bit and ready to kick in with some intensity. Accepting no less than improving on my last numbers which as you can see by looking above this weeks numbers I beat every single one of them!!!

Name:  _8-1-13 workout.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  318.3 KB

Tonight I will lift in the garage hitting biceps full force and maybe do some cardio if I have time or energy afterwards. Today is my higher carb day so I had a decent chunk post lift earlier and have will smaller portions throughout the day followed by a good 80-100 grams post workout.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

10. unless you are consistently lethargic, should be just blip on the ol' radar..i have had couple days here & there myself -- like 3 or something the whole time
    if it is consistent and day-in/day-out, Houston we have a problem (can be traced directly to your methylated anabolics, as dietary intake is not low relatively speaking right now)
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    unless you are consistently lethargic, should be just blip on the ol' radar..i have had couple days here & there myself -- like 3 or something the whole time
    if it is consistent and day-in/day-out, Houston we have a problem (can be traced directly to your methylated anabolics, as dietary intake is not low relatively speaking right now)
    Agreed, I think I am honestly just tired. Like I said 3 weeks and I haven't taken a day off to rest. If not lifting I have done HIIT. Also some of this can be attribiuted to adjusting to a keto style diet. Should start to get more and more used to that in the next week. I blame some of the post workout tiredness on the insulin surge from post workout carbs. I had some more complex carbs with some red meat for meal two and seemed to pick up a bit. On top of that my allergies are a bit out of control dragging me down. I am very allergic to high ozone or whatever it is called. When we have high ozone days my eyes dry up and get red, my nostrils swell damn near shut and all that wondrous mess that comes along with allergies. However I think a good day of rest is what I really need. If it does begin to be an every day thing with the lethargy then I have some 4-AD to add to this which will give me some testosterone in my system, plus maybe a little DHEA to help things a bit. Right now my biggest suspicion is adjusting to low carbs and needing to take a rest day.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post

Agreed, I think I am honestly just tired. Like I said 3 weeks and I haven't taken a day off to rest. If not lifting I have done HIIT. Also some of this can be attribiuted to adjusting to a keto style diet. Should start to get more and more used to that in the next week. I blame some of the post workout tiredness on the insulin surge from post workout carbs. I had some more complex carbs with some red meat for meal two and seemed to pick up a bit. On top of that my allergies are a bit out of control dragging me down. I am very allergic to high ozone or whatever it is called. When we have high ozone days my eyes dry up and get red, my nostrils swell damn near shut and all that wondrous mess that comes along with allergies. However I think a good day of rest is what I really need. If it does begin to be an every day thing with the lethargy then I have some 4-AD to add to this which will give me some testosterone in my system, plus maybe a little DHEA to help things a bit. Right now my biggest suspicion is adjusting to low carbs and needing to take a rest day.
    My kids have been dieing from allergies the last couple days as well. Luckily I have become immune to pollen and high ozone. ... well maybe not ozone since I stay out of the sun add much add possible add my skin color suggests

13. I've never had issues with allergies until this year. Something that was released in the air during remodeling at my office made me break out in hives every day for a month until they were done working. It was AWEFUL. full body hives all day every day.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

14. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    I've never had issues with allergies until this year. Something that was released in the air during remodeling at my office made me break out in hives every day for a month until they were done working. It was AWEFUL. full body hives all day every day.
    YIKES! Yeah that would really suck!

I chose to just sleep in instead of pushing myself with the HIIT this morning. I think today I am just going to do some regular LISS low intensity for cardio and allow myself a bit of relaxation. Just walk for about 3-4 miles on the lil rolling hills next to the bayou. We will see if I can stick to that. LOL I actually feel a bit better after sleeping in so we shall see. Probably a burning the candle at both ends situation causing me to feel run down.

Last night I got home and found that there were other things that needed to be done so I quickly went to the garage and got in a very fast biceps blast.

Rest periods were 15-30 seconds the entire workout was done in about 5-7 minutes
    DB Cross Body Hammer Curls 25x25 x 2 sets
    EZ Bar Drag Curls 75x20, 125x8
    EZ Bar Curls w/ 2 second negatives 125x8
    Alternating DB Curls 45x6, 45x3, 35x15, 35x12

My Biceps were actually pretty thrashed from the sudden onslaught of intensity thrown at them. HUGE pump in the biceps and vascularity was showing in spades! Beleive it or not I was dripping in sweat when this was done because of the very minimal rest, and of course it being close to 100 outside.

This weekend is going to be an active one. Tomorrow starts with a lift then I have to clean out my garage and get it set up for posing practice. I also need to rearrange my computer room for posing practice as well so I can video it in decent lighting to see how I look on video. This is a very important part of the process for me. Basically as I pose I will give myself audible notes regarding what I am doing each time and see which posing technique is best suited for my physique. I have a friend who said they will help me with posing but it will be on their schedule so I need to do what I can on my own. With the addition of posing I think we should be seeing more rapid fat loss as it is basically HIIT training in and of itself.

Sunday we are looking at going to the waterpark all day since it was raining last week. They have a picnic area and we can bring our own food so I plan to take enough grub to eat and stay on my diet. I am thinking chicken breast and avacado will be a big part of this day. Probably make several lettuce wraps and take hot sauce to put on them with some fresh pico.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    YIKES! Yeah that would really suck!

I chose to just sleep in instead of pushing myself with the HIIT this morning. I think today I am just going to do some regular LISS low intensity for cardio and allow myself a bit of relaxation. Just walk for about 3-4 miles on the lil rolling hills next to the bayou. We will see if I can stick to that. LOL I actually feel a bit better after sleeping in so we shall see. Probably a burning the candle at both ends situation causing me to feel run down.

Last night I got home and found that there were other things that needed to be done so I quickly went to the garage and got in a very fast biceps blast.

Rest periods were 15-30 seconds the entire workout was done in about 5-7 minutes
    DB Cross Body Hammer Curls 25x25 x 2 sets
    EZ Bar Drag Curls 75x20, 125x8
    EZ Bar Curls w/ 2 second negatives 125x8
    Alternating DB Curls 45x6, 45x3, 35x15, 35x12

My Biceps were actually pretty thrashed from the sudden onslaught of intensity thrown at them. HUGE pump in the biceps and vascularity was showing in spades! Beleive it or not I was dripping in sweat when this was done because of the very minimal rest, and of course it being close to 100 outside.

This weekend is going to be an active one. Tomorrow starts with a lift then I have to clean out my garage and get it set up for posing practice. I also need to rearrange my computer room for posing practice as well so I can video it in decent lighting to see how I look on video. This is a very important part of the process for me. Basically as I pose I will give myself audible notes regarding what I am doing each time and see which posing technique is best suited for my physique. I have a friend who said they will help me with posing but it will be on their schedule so I need to do what I can on my own. With the addition of posing I think we should be seeing more rapid fat loss as it is basically HIIT training in and of itself.

Sunday we are looking at going to the waterpark all day since it was raining last week. They have a picnic area and we can bring our own food so I plan to take enough grub to eat and stay on my diet. I am thinking chicken breast and avacado will be a big part of this day. Probably make several lettuce wraps and take hot sauce to put on them with some fresh pico.
    nice! so the time is getting close! can't wait to see how you place, dude, you're going to rock that stage
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

16. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    nice! so the time is getting close! can't wait to see how you place, dude, you're going to rock that stage
    Thanks Swanks! Oh I am a poet and didn't know it!

I am giving it hell, and focusing hard on crushing it. I keep looking at Snags and thinking DAMN am I gonna be in that shape at 4 weeks out. The weeks move so fast and as big as the changes are to others they seem small to me. It's okay I trust that my coach is taking me in the way I need to be. I know if I come in as hard as I was last time and as big as it looks like I should be this time that I will do myself proud which is the biggest thing for me. I would love to win, or even place well enough to earn a spot at the Nationals but the reality is that I want to make myself proud. The NPC is the biggest and baddest of the big and bad when it comes to amateur competition and nobody knows who will show up that day. So my plan to do exactly as you said and ROCK THAT STAGE! That is the only thing I can control so that is my job from here though to the show. In all honesty if I don't make it to Nationals I don't see me competing again any time real soon. That would be a great reason for me to buck up and kill it for a while next year trying to grow into a National show sometime next year. Otherwise I probably won't drag my wife through another prep for at least another year or two if at all.

I have a lot of work to do since I need to pick a song or music to use and then get a routine set up for it. That will be where I enlist the aid of the guy who said he would help me. I have a pretty good grasp of the mandatory poses. It is setting up and making the routine that is going to be the hard work. Once it is squared away and memorized to a T then I can really turn it into something fun I can express my personality through.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I have a lot of work to do since I need to pick a song or music to use and then get a routine set up for it. That will be where I enlist the aid of the guy who said he would help me. I have a pretty good grasp of the mandatory poses. It is setting up and making the routine that is going to be the hard work. Once it is squared away and memorized to a T then I can really turn it into something fun I can express my personality through.
    don't make this any harder than it has to be, my own .02 here (and yes of course something I have fallen victim to myself in past yrs lol)
    pick a song you are comfortable with, that fits you and the persona/stage presence you wish to embrace, and roll with it..if it's slower, then concentrate on smooth transitions/just rotating the body to show all angles - you really don't even need to move around the stage, again smooth and flowing transitions is key here
    if you have more of an intense song, maybe you want to bring more energy..more power poses, walking/moving around the stage, pace is slightly quicker etc

not rocket science my friend..watch enough vids of the greats, I am sure you will put something appropriate together

18. 5 minutes alone by Pantera, driving, quick transitions, fast paced, not too overpowering and a big eff-you to everyone else. If I see a guy posing to that song and he can match its intensity, he'd be a winner in my book.

19. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    5 minutes alone by Pantera, driving, quick transitions, fast paced, not too overpowering and a big eff-you to everyone else. If I see a guy posing to that song and he can match its intensity, he'd be a winner in my book.
    I've tried that approach - even tho it fits me, it is STILL too intense and I come across over the top..i also have a bad tendency to rush thru my poses; getting amped on a hardcore tune does not help my struggles

hence, for my own choice this year, I am thinking the Darkman theme, slower yet still inspring, all smooth transitions, and everything always controlled and tight..it will be an art form, that I will perfect this yr

20. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    don't make this any harder than it has to be, my own .02 here (and yes of course something I have fallen victim to myself in past yrs lol)
    pick a song you are comfortable with, that fits you and the persona/stage presence you wish to embrace, and roll with it..if it's slower, then concentrate on smooth transitions/just rotating the body to show all angles - you really don't even need to move around the stage, again smooth and flowing transitions is key here
    if you have more of an intense song, maybe you want to bring more energy..more power poses, walking/moving around the stage, pace is slightly quicker etc

not rocket science my friend..watch enough vids of the greats, I am sure you will put something appropriate together
    Right on, I sort of stumbled into this when I picked the 3 days grace song. I really felt it. It's all so clear now, it's all about projecting yourself into something that you have a kinship with.

21. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

No doubt and you are right. I don't plan on a big choreographed orchestration here. Trying to decide if I want to go with intense music or something a bit more classical like you would see Frank Zane doing. Man that guy could pose! My big thing is to see where my arms are by then. If they have not come up to where I want them I will be doing more power poses, arms closer to the body. I already know extending them constantly away from the body without enough girth can really take a way from them. Which is why the first part of my posing practice will be concentrating on holding my 1/4 turns, and mandatory poses for 30-60 seconds each to gain control of the muscle so I am stable and not shaking when holding them. Then just playing around with some fluid transitions. Once I see myself a bit leaner knowing which extra poses will show my physique the best should be easy then adding the transitions will be no big deal. As a matter of fact I won't have to have a "set routine" at that point just be able to flow in and out of my best poses while being familiar with the music I chose.

I have the Rusty Jeffer's Posing DVD which preaches is exactly what you mentioned, nice transitions, knowing the best poses for you doing simple transitions between them.

So you don't think I need to do something like this?
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

22. lol..confident fella, he is
    wouldn't be my choice - I mean this isn't dancing with the stars, or America's got talent..it is a bodybuilding show; honestly I think he detracts from his physique there quite tremendously, but I have to give him credit for....interesting selection

reminds me a bit of one of the big boys, cannot recall who it was but someone pretty well-known on the olympia stage, black fella, did a terminator-type robotic routine that broke into a dance-type thing (and pulled it off pretty good)

meh..beauty always in eye of beholder I guess

23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol..confident fella, he is
    wouldn't be my choice - I mean this isn't dancing with the stars, or America's got talent..it is a bodybuilding show; honestly I think he detracts from his physique there quite tremendously, but I have to give him credit for....interesting selection

reminds me a bit of one of the big boys, cannot recall who it was but someone pretty well-known on the olympia stage, black fella, did a terminator-type robotic routine that broke into a dance-type thing (and pulled it off pretty good)

Kai Greene

Chris..... let's not go overboard here

24. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol..confident fella, he is

Yah that is pretty out there, not my taste either.

25. I think you are talking about Kai Greene... he does a lot of stuff like that. I will be looking more along the line of what you mention above for yourself.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

26. yeah guys, greene it was
    like I said he pulled it off well..just would not be something I would ever do

27. Kai has enough muscle to pull off just about whatever he wants... I can see you more of a classic type poser Snags.
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

28. Well, I have to admit I suck at taking it easy... I went for my walk at lunch, was walking out past a spot where I go to do body weight circuits and decided I needed some intensity in my life! SO... I stopped and did a body weight circuit.

Started with Step ups onto a 24 inch platform each leg x20, push ups x20, 45 degree body weight rows x20 I did 3 nonstop circuits then switched to Sumo Squats x20, Push Ups x20 and 45 degree body weight rows x 20 for the last 2 rotations. No rest between any of these.

1.25-1.5 mile walk there,
    Circuit Totals:
    60 step ups per leg
    100 push ups
    100 45 degree body weight rows
    40 body weight sumo squats
    1.25-1.5 miles back
    I was sweating like crazy then I walked back I stepped on a small stick that actually stabbed all the way through the bottom of my shoe. Lucky for me there were some construction workers there so I got one of them to pull the stick back out with some pliers. Crazy!
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

29. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Kai has enough muscle to pull off just about whatever he wants... I can see you more of a classic type poser Snags.
    I'm thinking Lee Priest style....he was a cool poser.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

30. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well, I have to admit I suck at taking it easy... I went for my walk at lunch, was walking out past a spot where I go to do body weight circuits and decided I needed some intensity in my life! SO... I stopped and did a body weight circuit.

Started with Step ups onto a 24 inch platform each leg x20, push ups x20, 45 degree body weight rows x20 I did 3 nonstop circuits then switched to Sumo Squats x20, Push Ups x20 and 45 degree body weight rows x 20 for the last 2 rotations. No rest between any of these.

1.25-1.5 mile walk there,
    Circuit Totals:
    60 step ups per leg
    100 push ups
    100 45 degree body weight rows
    40 body weight sumo squats
    1.25-1.5 miles back
    I was sweating like crazy then I walked back I stepped on a small stick that actually stabbed all the way through the bottom of my shoe. Lucky for me there were some construction workers there so I got one of them to pull the stick back out with some pliers. Crazy!
    I thought you were tired?.....taking it easy, yeah right

Bad ass stick...that sucks, be carefull of infections.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. From 205 to 178, in 45 days.
    By PumpYouUp in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 02:20 AM
  4. cutting from 180 to 155 in 1 month
    By dayday87 in forum Supplements