Madds87, Contest Prep for Coastal USA Bodybuilding August 17th!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
HERE IT IS!

Madds87 is at it again! I took a nice little break from my last and first show back in October and I feel as though I have taken enough time to "Bulk-up". I have been training hard and heavy, and I think im ready!

MY competition is a while from now. 25 weeks away to be exact. This will allow me plenty of time to get as much muscle as I can and to mature that muscle before I start to really cut up for my comp. Of coarse I can still slowly lean out since I have plenty of time.

MY Stats:
5'8
Fat % I would say im up there. I wont be tracking my fat, I will be judging through pictures.

MEASUREMENTS (Not Flexed)
Arms:15.5"
Quads:25"
Calves:15.5"
Forearms:13.5
Chest:42.5"
Midsection (across belly button):38" (YIKES!)

DIET:
(this will change of coarse)
Meat: Ground Turkey, Chicken, Fish (Swai, Tilapia, Salmon), Beef (Slow roasts only)
Veggies: All!
Fruits: All
Carbs: Pasta, Rice (Brown, White, Jasmine, All grains), Potatoes (all), Occasional biscuits and bread.
My goal right now is 4500 cals but will also try to get 5000. I will cheat sometimes since life is hard sometimes and a perfect diet 100% of the time is almost impossible. These cals will also decrease once I get closer and closer. My diet is getting cleaner and cleaner daily.

Staple Supps:
Fish Oil 10grams daily
ADAM Multi 2pills
Neem 2pills
Cycle Support 4pills
(Everything else will change throughout time)

I was able to get sponsors through my off time. Special Thanks to ANDRO FACTORY and 24/7 Family Fitness in Rincon, GA. They are my daily inspiration to become PRO one day.

My training will vary and change also. I will be posting my training up throughout the week. I will also be doing videos. We will see how that goes im not a director. ;)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ill be updating measurements, pics, and vids, later. Just setting up everything.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed!
You're pretty heavy bro!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I'm in madds. Always like a good contest prep log.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Before pics. Diet has been messed up today. Stomach has been nauseous.

ForumRunner_20130228_211044.png

ForumRunner_20130228_211106.png

ForumRunner_20130228_211121.png

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Not entirely.... ive been having this weird wanting to throw up feeling for two days now. I think it was from me splurging and eating buffalo wings lol.... people with crohnes just arent meant to have any fun lol

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Not entirely.... ive been having this weird wanting to throw up feeling for two days now. I think it was from me splurging and eating buffalo wings lol.... people with crohnes just arent meant to have any fun lol

Haha truth man. I feel like that every time I eat fast food. By the way I just started a log hope you'll follow along.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Damn madds, is that a shadow going down your lower back?
Or is it just your big ass lower back muscles?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Damn madds, is that a shadow going down your lower back?
Or is it just your big ass lower back muscles?
Haha.... yeah i have been focusing on my lower back a ton its weird cause they are splitting apart... seems to be working huh? ;) preciate it bud.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
What weight are you looking to be around when you compete?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
What weight are you looking to be around when you compete?
Welll im not sure man.... it all depends on how some of these cycles that i have up my sleeve work... my ultimate goal would be a sweet solid 180.... but well see im really hoping that the igf lr3 will solidify my gains for my pct... we will see though... last contest was around 165... so anything above that i would be happy.... honestly if i was 165 that would be a sick 165....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Leg Workout:
One Leg Leg Extensions: 1 set - 15 reps, 2 set - 15 reps, 3 set 15 reps, 4 set Drop set 15,15,15
One Leg Leg Curls: 1 set - 15 reps, 2 set - 15 reps, 3 set - 15 reps, 4 set Drop set 15,15,15
Leg Adduction: 1 set - 15 reps, 2 set - 15 reps, 3 set - 15 reps, 4 set \
-Super Set with- 4th set is all one set and a drop set, 15 reps each machine, 3 times, no break.
Leg Abduction: 1 set - 15 reps, 2 set - 15 reps, 3 set - 15 reps, 4 set /
One Leg Leg Press: 1 set - 50 reps, 2 set - 40 reps, 3 set - 30 set
One Leg Leg Press (This leg press is angled differently. Its more for your glutes. This machine kind of pushes straight out, on a hinge. Ill take a pic of it next time I am in.) 3 sets of 8 - Goal was failure.
Calf Press on Leg press: 3 sets of 15

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Yeah! Dude one hell of a lower back! I'm aiming for that as well! What ya do for it?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah! Dude one hell of a lower back! I'm aiming for that as well! What ya do for it?
I did anything and everything lol.... mostly deadlifts and partial deadlifts (partials you use a sumo stance deadlift and only lift the bar to just a little below your knee. I would use light weight and go for like 30 reps.)
Back extensions, good mornings, cable back extensions. Deadlifts worked really well for me just had to do lighter weight and higher reps...

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I tried to go back to diet, but was only able to get 4000 cals yesterday and also ran out of groceries. So I had to get creative. I only ate three meals but they were big ones. This weekend I will be going out and meeting up with family. Time to eat and recover from all of my workouts this week. For bfast this morning im going to go get me a philly I think.... Or a philly omelet.... yum yum.... I started this thread near the end of my workouts this week. Ill be starting workouts again this coming Monday, which will be legs again. Im also excited about tonight, going to see the new movie "Jack the giant slayer". Should be good.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the tease, I'm starving right now lol.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
I dead twice a weak. Normal deals on back! And sumo on legs but always low reps! Got to try the high reps! I got baby ass legs! Starting to think that it is due to low reps heavy weight! But I hate doing high reps!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I dead twice a weak. Normal deals on back! And sumo on legs but always low reps! Got to try the high reps! I got baby ass legs! Starting to think that it is due to low reps heavy weight! But I hate doing high reps!
Hmmmm.... The High reps do suck... Hitting 20 to 30 just blows! lol.... But how do you finish your deadlift? Do you hyper extend at the top of each deadlift?

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tease, I'm starving right now lol.
Haha! Ill tell you how it is. ;) Naw you don't even wanna mess with my awesome Phillies I make when I have leftover steak. The key ingredient is smoked gouda cheese instead of provolone or swiss. It makes the most amazing difference.....

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Haha! Ill tell you how it is. ;) Naw you don't even wanna mess with my awesome Phillies I make when I have leftover steak. The key ingredient is smoked gouda cheese instead of provolone or swiss. It makes the most amazing difference.....

I slap about a pound of cheese whizz and banana peppers on mine.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
I slap about a pound of cheese whizz and banana peppers on mine.
Banana peppers sound amazing!!! Hardwork i think we might have to open up a restaurant lol.
Im adding banana peppers with my Gouda.... makes my mouth water....

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Well fellas i came to a harsh reality this morning.... i blew out my favorite pair of pants. It used to be that they couldnt fit my legs.... but now i cant even pull them up all the way... soooo stubborn me tries to hard and rips em...

Its tough being diesel... lol

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is about time I joined. Good luck man.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Banana peppers sound amazing!!! Hardwork i think we might have to open up a restaurant lol.
Im adding banana peppers with my Gouda.... makes my mouth water....

I'm down bro lets do it!! Haha

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
It is about time I joined. Good luck man.
Theres tom tom!!!!

Ok everyone introducing big dog himself, tomahawk!!!!

My goal will be to move weight like tom does.... jk... i dont wanna die... ;)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theres tom tom!!!!

Ok everyone introducing big dog himself, tomahawk!!!!

My goal will be to move weight like tom does.... jk... i dont wanna die... ;)
Haha it took me a while to find my here.

You are a funny guy. You would definitely have to do a dirty bulk and trade your abs for an ab haha.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys. I hate to say this at the beginning of my log, but i was all nauseous again today.... i was going to work out but could not seem to get over the feeling. Hopefully ill be good tomorrow. I took all day drinking ginger ale, eating crackers and drinking water. I prob ate 2000 cal in peanut butter crackers... lol... hopefully im good tomorrow.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Hmmmm.... The High reps do suck... Hitting 20 to 30 just blows! lol.... But how do you finish your deadlift? Do you hyper extend at the top of each deadlift?
Yes I do.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Hey guys. I hate to say this at the beginning of my log, but i was all nauseous again today.... i was going to work out but could not seem to get over the feeling. Hopefully ill be good tomorrow. I took all day drinking ginger ale, eating crackers and drinking water. I prob ate 2000 cal in peanut butter crackers... lol... hopefully im good tomorrow.

Dude I'm sorry, if anyone knows what you're going through I do, and I wish you a speedy recovery. God crohns sucks.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yes I do.
Well then your good. All you need is time sir.

Dude I'm sorry, if anyone knows what you're going through I do, and I wish you a speedy recovery. God crohns sucks.
It does dude. My inflammations in my large intestine isnt inflamed. The crohnes part is actually under remission. Just my stumach... its really acting weird lately... but im just upping my fiber and ill be good to go.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Okay!
Felt better today and did some chest and bis.

Incline smith bench 10x10
Cable flys incline 3x15
Machine flys 3x10
Incline smith bench 4x2 heavy heavy 1 set of 20 then another of 50.

Preacher curls 3x10 slow and contracting

I discovered that if you tilt your elbows inward that you can focus more of your outer peak of your bis.... never done that before and def made my bis hurt...

Also have some Bulk Up coming in and i will start taking it once it comes in for a six week bulk. Maybe ill hit 200! Crossing my fingers!

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Okay!
Felt better today and did some chest and bis.

Incline smith bench 10x10
Cable flys incline 3x15
Machine flys 3x10
Incline smith bench 4x2 heavy heavy 1 set of 20 then another of 50.

Preacher curls 3x10 slow and contracting

I discovered that if you tilt your elbows inward that you can focus more of your outer peak of your bis.... never done that before and def made my bis hurt...

Also have some Bulk Up coming in and i will start taking it once it comes in for a six week bulk. Maybe ill hit 200! Crossing my fingers!

Bulk up ??

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Bulk Up seems real interesting. Im really interested to see how i feel since the pills have a type of cycle support in them.

Androfactory

Androfactory

Board Sponsor
Awards
Congratulations on your sponsorship!

Congratulations on your sponsorship! We love supporting hard working competing athletes like yourself!! We shipped out some product for you, remember to keep your calories high while BULKING. Visit the website for good BULKING info while on Cycle.

BULKING Nutrition "found on the BULK-UP product page
https://www.androfactory.com/BULK-UP-p/bulk-up.htm

Cycle Guide

CP+R Once-A-Day Technology

AND VISIT THIS COMPETITION PREPARATION ON THE ANDRO FACTORY BLOG
http://www.androfactoryblog.com/madds87s-bulk-up-review-cycle/

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Congratulations on your sponsorship! We love supporting hard working competing athletes like yourself!! We shipped out some product for you, remember to keep your calories high while BULKING. Visit the website for good BULKING info while on Cycle.

BULKING Nutrition "found on the BULK-UP product page

Cycle Guide

CP+R Once-A-Day Technology

AND VISIT THIS COMPETITION PREPARATION ON THE ANDRO FACTORY BLOG
http://www.androfactoryblog.com/madds87s-bulk-up-review-cycle/
Thank you Andro Factory!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok this week at work has been a pain. I have not been able to work out maybe one day. Which is the workout that i posted up. If anything i will be able to catch up this weekend. I still have my major lifts to go.... back and legs.... i have some sweet video ideas.... if anything yall will see how i play catch up. Its crazy! ;)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
ForumRunner_20130312_105809.png

Found 93% lean beef! for 7-8 bucks! its a good day!

ForumRunner_20130312_105825.png

Yesterday I worked out.
Chest:
Machine Bench one arm- 50 reps warm up 20 lbs, 10r/40lbs, 10r/50lbs, 10r/60lbs
Machine Incline one arm- 10r/30lbs, 10r/40lbs, 10r/40lbs
High Incline DBP- 10r/50lbs, 10r/60lbs, 10r/70lbs
Lower Incline DBP- 8r/70lbs, 8r/70lbs, 15r/40lbs
Decline Hammer Press- 20r/90lbs, 15r/115lbs, 8r/145lbs
Super Set
Close Grip Hammer Press- 15r/90lbs, 15r/115lbs, 12r/145lbs

Today.
Back:
Lat. Pulldown- 30r/40lbs warm up
Wide Hammer Pull Down- 8r/90lbs, 10r/90lbs, 10r/90lbs
Super set.
Close Hammer PD reverse grip- 20r/90lbs, 25r/90lbs, 15r/90 lbs (Crazy Pump!!)
Bentover Row- 8r/135lbs, 10r/185, 8r/205lbs, 3r/230lbs
One arm Close Grip lat pull down- 10r/50lbs, 10r/50lbs, 10r/60lbs
One arm Row DB- 10r/100lbs, 10r/100lbs
Super Set.
Rack Pulls- 8r/225lbs, 2r/315lbs (couldn't do anymore. Felt exhausted after this.)

Started my Bulk Up. My cycle will run like this.
6pills for six weeks. Then 6 weeks of PCT, which will be Clomid 25mg every day. The goal with the everyday CLomid will be to double my natural production my of free Test. I read an article about it. So gains should stay, with this new concept.

Also I lost a little weight from a week of messed up diet. Work was unusually busy.... For those of you that don't know. I work on tugboats. I stay on these boats for a week. We have down time for me to be able to work out but sometimes Its a fight to go workout. I get it in when I can.

ForumRunner_20130312_105843.png

I had a great pump this morning working out back. Even in my arms.

ForumRunner_20130312_105856.png
One of the Machines that I use for back. Its what I call "Hammer" Machines. Theres ones for chest, arms, and back. They work great for focal points.

Androfactory

Androfactory

Board Sponsor
Awards
Super excited to have you on board Kurt! We're with you every step of the way to the top. Would love to see some of the pictures from your blog on AF up here.

List your show again for us.

~cheers

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Super excited to have you on board Kurt! We're with you every step of the way to the top. Would love to see some of the pictures from your blog on AF up here.

List your show again for us.

~cheers
Yeap! Thank you! I have those same pics up on the first page.

Yeah Androfactory.com was able to post me up on there web page and start my blog.

Its real cool to see yourself on an actual website. ;)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
7lbs of ground turkey and ground beef taco meat. Already half gone.

ForumRunner_20130313_231413.png

Made chicken alfredo with sun dried tomatoes for my gf for dinner today. It turned out really good. One thing is she its like a bird and then i eat two plates full lol... what a couple lol...

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Ok Ladies and Gents,

This week has been a great week of working out. Finally get me some new headphones. So my head is right for lifting :).

I am really ashamed to say that my diet has not been straight. My stomach has not been the same for a couple of days now. I keep getting nauseous. Not sure why. Sooo Im trying to figure it out. I bought some Prilosec, incase my heartburn was acting up. Also a stack of ginger ale. Im getting my protein in, but my carbs are not right. Im going to increase fiber intake and see if im just full.... I know there has been a bug going on around here, so maybe that's it. If this doesn't get better ill go to the dr. Or jump on some peptides ghrp6 for my hunger.

Couple of things I have been noticing with Bulk Up.
1. I am extremely thirsty. Gallon and a half kinda thirsty.
2. Muscles seem very full. Even on low carbs, considering my diet right now...
3. Focus is increasing and strength seems to be on point. Definitely have a "hunger" for lifting with this stuff and that only kicks in when I start lifting.
4. Have not been feeling any sides so far.
5. Noticing moodiness, more so than usual. I would say emotional.

But heres a catch up on my workouts.
Machine Mil Press 90lbs 10 reps, 80lbs 16 reps, 120lbs 10 reps
super set
Hammer Mil Press 90lbs 10reps, 140lbs 8reps, 160lbs 8reps
Lateral raises Cable 20lbs 10reps, 20 20, 20 20, 30 6
Super Set
Lateral raises DB 10lbs 20reps, 10 15, 10 20
One arm standing press 50lbs 10 reps, 60lbs 6 reps, 40lbs 20reps
Arnold Press 20lbs 15 reps, 20 15, 20 15
Super Set
Sit Down Lat Raises 20lbs 10reps, 20 10, 20 10

Yesterday Worked out Hamstrings and Glutes
Leg Ext Warm up 100 reps 35 lbs
Adductor 50 reps 30 lbs
Partial Deads Floor to Knees 135lbs 10 reps, 135 10, 135 10
Glute Kicks 30lbs 10 reps, 40 10, 60 10, 80 8
Super Set
Machine Leg Curl 60lbs 10reps, 70 10, 90 10, 110 8
Smith Straight Leg Deads (weight is measured by 25 plates) 50lbs 10 reps, 100 10, 150 8, 200 3, 75 10, 50 10, 25 10
Abductor 80lbs 55reps​