First contest April 6,2013 advice for a newb

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. How old are you tank, just curious

2. 19 years old been training on bodybuilding for less than a year honestly.

3. Quote Originally Posted by LilTank View Post
    19 years old been training on bodybuilding for less than a year honestly.
    great progress then man. I'm 19 as well, kinda wanted to start doing shows but need to put on a little more mass. 10 more pounds would be nice

4. Yeah this past offseason I got to 212 under 10% down around 191 now under 5ish now this next off season which will be around 18 months I'm trying to get to 235-245. Gotta get big brother lol

5. Quote Originally Posted by LilTank View Post
    Yeah this past offseason I got to 212 under 10% down around 191 now under 5ish now this next off season which will be around 18 months I'm trying to get to 235-245. Gotta get big brother lol
    Jesus Christ , you're around 5 foot 11? You got like 4 inches on me lol. Getting bigs hard without FOOOD

6. Thanks man . I this I was made for this sport honestly .

7. When are you posting pictures tank? log below

8. This upcoming week.

9. Okay everyone slight change to my diet . Will stop carb cycling for this next week keeping carbs at 100 a day and bumping my fats from basically 0 to 100 while increasing cardio and bumping down proteins from 350 to 300. My fats have been to low for too low and I'm starting to have mental and emotional break downs . Also increased of good fats helps burn fat will keep everyone posted on how this goes over the next week .

10. Another update I have gone back to my originally plan of sticking to carb cycling. But surprise after 3 months of perfect dieting four weeks out I am having a cheat day after my refeed day. I have a good feeling this will help me mentally , and increase fat loss due to tricking my body. For all you worried about " gaining fat " or messing up my diet , please remember I'm already in contest shape so now I'm just trying to really work on fine details and stay mentally sharp. Plus I have 390 mins of cardio this week and carb cycling this is my overall calories being lowered each week with more cardio added. I know my body needs this and after the mental break downs I've been having its what I need. Will have pictures up this week to show everyone

11. My last cheat meal for the day will be at 9:30-10pm as it would the night before contest. Overall I will be taking in 5,400 calories , 226g of fat, 391g of protein, and 401g of carbs. Usually my overall count is around 2,200-2,500 depending on my carbs for the day. I have eaten 4 clean meals with 2 cheat meals, and two shakes. I didn't go super crazy or anything but I did have two Slices of pizza with a Wetzel pretzel , and last meal will be a double stacker from BK no fries. Maybe an apple pie. Taking picture tonight then again tomorrow.

12. Results the next day from cheat day. Vascular as hell!! Holding a little extra water from the high sodium and drinking a ton of water during the night but overall I feel great! And look great! So not regret it at all! But now I got two hours of cardio today with only 25 carbs back tithe grins ya'll!!

13. Sorry about the constant updates AM family but I want to make sure I'm staying truthful and accurate with what I'm doing. After days and days of research I have come to a clear cut conclusion being under 10 grams of fat FOR THE DAY everyday for 2-3months has driven me insane. My body was in ketosis for so long with no fats my brain /hormones eventually gave out. So I am four weeks out, going to stop carb cycling for these next two weeks. Keep my carbs around 25-40 daily but increase my fats 90g daily. My overall calories will still be lower than normal but proteins are a little on the higher side but I don't care. Cardio will keep increasing. I'm holding a ton of extra water from yesterday and going to the restroom a lot. My body soaked up a lot of that food and really filled me out, the night before the contest I will for sure be using pizza and pretzels to carb up. No burgers or sugars though.

14. I'm against showing my full progress before the show. But here my feathered quads and triceps after a carb-up and increased carb breakfast. Found drinking black tea and decreasing water really helps me,also my body is loving the higher fats. Makes me vascular and fill out nicely.
    This week I'm upcoming my carbs,lowering protein (was to high), and slightly lowering fats.
    Macros are 55g (F),carbs 175g(net carbs), 290g(protein). I'm just honestly trying to maintain at this point as my glutes are already coming in along with my Christmas is in. And this is without depleting or lack of water.

Name:  image-3227311837.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  343.7 KB

Name:  image-2126337418.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  231.3 KB

15. Looking good Tank!

16. Thanks man were getting so close ,all I want is junkie food right now...I don't even like junk food lol.

17. I hear that!!! Few more weeks and its eating time!

18. How you making out Tank? Getting close.

19. Actually had some serious health concerns the past week. Had to forgo the diet for a whole day to try to get my body regular. Now after a forced cheat day ( yes I know I am pissed about this), I am trying to drop all this crappy water I put on, while still trying to get healthy....12 days out this could not of happened at a worse time.

20. For serious medical reasons I have to stop my contest prep. Never been so pissed,depressed ",annoyed and scared at the same time. It appears I literally pushed my body to hard to fast and was peaked out for too long and my organs began to become dehydrated and not work. So now I have to take 1-2 off of training at least and waiting on the test results on how much damage I did to my organs .

21. There is always another competition. Your health is more important. I know it sucks after all that training and hard work but I'm sure you've learned a lot and can apply it to your next contest. Hope your results come back good.

22. Thank you for the support and wise words. I'm just talking time to enjoy food ,( as much as I can with these problems ) and once I've been cleared to start training again I'm going into my off season bulk and coming back next year.

23. Man that's really unfortunate but you live and you learn so I'm sure you will come back next year and tackle things a bit differently.

24. This thread is awesome! I want to do a show just to say I did! A year ago I was 264 at 46% bf decided I was tired of watching life go by and made some plans! Ran a half marathon last month in Chattanooga in 2:12 and weigh 186 at 19% bf prolly need to weight 165 to compete

25. The experience you gain from prepping for a showed is life changing man. Hardest thing I've ever done , just wish I could be on stage Saturday. Keep up the hard work and push forward and that goal of competing and being on stage is yours brother!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice for a Newb
    By Xfitkunky in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
  2. Advice for a newb?
    By sfdeadhead in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM
  3. Advice for First Contest!!
    By anabolicandre in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 9