So who is doing shows in 2013

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have had a few yr hiatus and am looking at a few up here in Mass.

Anyone compete in OCB or any other feds besides NPC?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im trying my hardest to compete in xcalibur here in south carolina next august

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So if your stats are correct you looking at maybe a middleweight? 155-176lbs?

Why the uncertainty? just put your head down and train. I would love to find a sponsor to help out but getting to do logs for different companies always helps.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im currently 171 at 11%

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I plan on this being my busiest year. Planning backwards right now. gonna do a few back to back at the begining of the year.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I plan on competing in a small early summer show if NPC TX ever puts out a schedule and then depending on how I do maybe a few , 200Lb and a little bit leaner than the my avatar photo, probably come in about 185.

Naturalhulk

Naturalhulk

Awards
Hoping 2013 to be a big year for comps!
First will be next April. (INBA Melbourne Titles)
Down under boy!!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Npc florida will release schedule on the 3rd of December.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depending on how busy I get and if I decide on really cutting I may do physique. But I got mad tatts. Duno if that'll be good

May just cut to comp level for fun and not compete

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
If you do the cut you might as well compete. 5- 5.5% is no joke. Physique is lean now, very lean. I can post some side by sides of me at my last event with a few bodybuilders and I was leaner then some and equally lean as others. The kicker was there were a few competitors leaner in physique. You need to have the fine line of muscle shape and athletic look.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I have 6. A good sprayer will cover them nicely. There's a few with a shoulder cap or partial sleeve that has gone pro.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
What state do you plan on showing in?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is great guys. Thx for contributing. Again been a few yrs for me, but I am still 7-8months away from comp day but would love to hear what people are doing.

The physique interests me as there is no need for speedos but I sometimes feel it is a pretty boy thing. No offense

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have 6. A good sprayer will cover them nicely. There's a few with a shoulder cap or partial sleeve that has gone pro.
I got full sleeves both ribs and lower stomach to my belly button lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
This is great guys. Thx for contributing. Again been a few yrs for me, but I am still 7-8months away from comp day but would love to hear what people are doing.

The physique interests me as there is no need for speedos but I sometimes feel it is a pretty boy thing. No offense
None taken here. I get it all the time from my team mates, but they dont rag me when I kill the stage. Also I here it's for people who dont want to work legs, but they all know mine match most body builders. I just prefer Physique, its more my style, I am not bulky, not overly big for 6'2" to 6'3". Stage I am 5.5% and weigh inaround the 200lbs mark, not pre comp or stage ready I weigh 215lbs. about 50% of my cut is water weight.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I got full sleeves both ribs and lower stomach to my belly button lol
I have a few, both arms back and ribcage. The tan covers it up nicely.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
None taken here. I get it all the time from my team mates, but they dont rag me when I kill the stage. Also I here it's for people who dont want to work legs, but they all know mine match most body builders. I just prefer Physique, its more my style, I am not bulky, not overly big for 6'2" to 6'3". Stage I am 5.5% and weigh inaround the 200lbs mark, not pre comp or stage ready I weigh 215lbs. about 50% of my cut is water weight.
Were you a bb before the implementation of physique? A decent number I've met are, the ones that weren't, seem to be kind of "douchey" but not all. Just uninformed about fitness work in general.

In two shows I've been back stage, there are a handful of guys look like they're sporting some "prosthetics" for legs, lol.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
lol. I ve always said I am a body builder at heart. Truly, I am an athlete, I work every part of my body. I do Plyo, play basketball, football. I am active. But more the anything I love to workout. It's all about me, when I workout. What I put into it, I get back. I dont have to rely on anyone. All my freinds are body builders, but I chose physique last year due to my body style. I ve had a few physique guys complain that I am too big, but the judge like my size. I am not massive, for me to be competitive in body building I would have to gain 22lbs of lean mass. I would need to compete at 222lbs at 6-2. The likeliness of me gaining 22lbs of mass is very unlikely. I ll shoot a photo of my legs with my phone give me a minute, but I assure you I have them I am not a slouch there like others.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
quad.JPG

calf photo.JPG

just so you know i a, noy f'in around. I take pride in haveing good legs and work them the hardest.

mazzaiii

Awards
I'm looking to do one. I'm pretty heavy right now though. I'll cut to 225 by Christmas and evaluate from there. The show I'm liking to do is in mod march or April

mazzaiii

Awards
I plan on this being my busiest year. Planning backwards right now. gonna do a few back to back at the begining of the year.
Do you do physique and bb? Look good man. What weight?

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
I plan on it. Still debating whether I should stick to lighweight or go back to physique though. I kimd of prefer Physique, but the odds pf turning pro as a lightweight fbb are just better right now due to the popularity of the new physique category.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Do you do physique and bb? Look good man. What weight?
I just do Physique, weigh in pre show about 200lbs, plan on being at 205 lbs this season. If I had more mass, I would do BodyBuilding, but I think minimum I need to be 212-217lbs at my height.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I plan on it. Still debating whether I should stick to lighweight or go back to physique though. I kimd of prefer Physique, but the odds pf turning pro as a lightweight fbb are just better right now due to the popularity of the new physique category.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Physique is challenging with all the competitors, but fun too. More fun for females then males.

vassille

Awards
Got a time table for may next year to do a local north east NPC show. Currently around 250 clean bulking looking to start cuting after new year to 225 and evaluate. At least that's the plan so far anyway till I see the schedule.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
^yeah last comp was a beast. First time I took stage, for pre judging, there was 38 others with me. The judges did 3 cuts just to look at the competition together. Out of the 38, 30 were worthy and looked good. Leaness is becoming awesome. Competitors are dropping more and more fat, and becoming g very rippied

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I do cardio consitently all year. I maintain 10-12%BF when not competing. When in pre comp mode, about 6 weeks out I perfect my diet, and add 15 min extra cardio. How I judge it, is I make my diet a 3,500 cal deficit a week, so 500 cals per day. Thats a lb of fat. As I get 4 weeks out I readjust depending how I look. The mirror doesnt lie, and neither does my wife. If I need ledd cals and more cardio I bump it up, if I am looking good I stay the same. About 2 weeks out, I do it again a re evaluate depending on my mirror. If I need more fat loss I add cardio in the morning, fasted with BCAA. If not I keep it the same.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do cardio consitently all year. I maintain 10-12%BF when not competing. When in pre comp mode, about 6 weeks out I perfect my diet, and add 15 min extra cardio. How I judge it, is I make my diet a 3,500 cal deficit a week, so 500 cals per day. Thats a lb of fat. As I get 4 weeks out I readjust depending how I look. The mirror doesnt lie, and neither does my wife. If I need ledd cals and more cardio I bump it up, if I am looking good I stay the same. About 2 weeks out, I do it again a re evaluate depending on my mirror. If I need more fat loss I add cardio in the morning, fasted with BCAA. If not I keep it the same.
This is similar to my plan this off-season. Fasted cardio 5 days a week for 45min with 2 scoops modernBCAA on my belly. It's working awesome right now.

vassille

Awards
As of late I'ved been concentrating to stay lean year round too, much easier to cut. Funny about your wife..mine is the same she is tough on me too lol!
Im debating if I should do 45min cardio or 15-20HIIT....So far been doing 10min HIIT with alow carb diet to maintain, but im on the fence what to do contest prep between HIIT or reg 45-1h cardio
Do you take any fat burners like t3?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I prefer cardio training. But thats because I like to split it up with my workouts. Days off of work I do Morning cardio and evening workouts. If need be I would follow up with more cardio.

As far as T3, I have never used it. I have a bottle of liquid T3, but didn't want to mess with the Thyroid. I do like Albuterol and Clenbuterol. Some people dont like them, I think they are effective. Just start out slow.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
This is similar to my plan this off-season. Fasted cardio 5 days a week for 45min with 2 scoops modernBCAA on my belly. It's working awesome right now.
I like modern BCAA, USP did a good job with them. I had about 10 sample packets and they were pretty good.They are nice and fine, not gainy. I was mixxing Blox with Dymatize 5050 unflavored BCAA which I like too. I have a lot of Dymatize 5050 (1000g) so I am thinking of MIO with the unflavored BCAA, I will let you know if it mixes well. And how it taste.

vassille

Awards
I prefer cardio training. But thats because I like to split it up with my workouts. Days off of work I do Morning cardio and evening workouts. If need be I would follow up with more cardio.

As far as T3, I have never used it. I have a bottle of liquid T3, but didn't want to mess with the Thyroid. I do like Albuterol and Clenbuterol. Some people dont like them, I think they are effective. Just start out slow.
I would rather preffer not to take t3 for same concerns as you stated. I got a box just in case, but I might give clen a shot first and alternate HIIT and regular cardio.
Do you keep weight training sessions short and intense?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Right now I am bulking. Trying to add a little to my biceps and back this year. So I hit weights, do slow reps and still keep my rest about a minute. I warm up with about 20 reps of light weight and do 4 to 5 heavy sets. I shoot for 8 to 10 reps. Sometimes less.

Once I am done with about 45-1hr of weight training I jump on cardio.

That's my schedule on days I work. When I am off, I may do cardio in am and weight training in evening.

mazzaiii

Awards
I like modern BCAA, USP did a good job with them. I had about 10 sample packets and they were pretty good.They are nice and fine, not gainy. I was mixxing Blox with Dymatize 5050 unflavored BCAA which I like too. I have a lot of Dymatize 5050 (1000g) so I am thinking of MIO with the unflavored BCAA, I will let you know if it mixes well. And how it taste.
Yeah I really like USP bcaa. I logged iSatori bcaa a bit ago. Not bad either. I like to do them before before and mix two servings. When I get up in the middle of the night I take the second serving. Works out pretty good for me anyway

vassille

Awards
Right now I am bulking. Trying to add a little to my biceps and back this year. So I hit weights, do slow reps and still keep my rest about a minute. I warm up with about 20 reps of light weight and do 4 to 5 heavy sets. I shoot for 8 to 10 reps. Sometimes less.

Once I am done with about 45-1hr of weight training I jump on cardio.

That's my schedule on days I work. When I am off, I may do cardio in am and weight training in evening.
My sessions are very similar to yours, try to keep it under 1 hour. I've been doing something similar where I do high reps to warm up then drop reps and increase weights. About 1 min rest seems to be my sweet spot too, sometimes I superset and it gets even more intense with great pumps.
For the next few weeks Im going to hammer compound exercises and only train 3 days a week and every time to failure. I need to shock the body into growing a bit. Have you tried something like that or used a different method?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Last year, I did a push pull routine, with a 2 day split. Mon (chest/back) tues (shoulders/Abbs/cardio) wed off thurs (legs) fri(bis/tris/cardio) sat off sun (cardio abs). My workouts were long, about 2 hours some days. I grew nicely though. After 8 weeks, plus upping cals to about 500 over maintnance, I put on about 10lbs. About 4 was muscle when I cut back down. I was strict on my calories and when I ate.

After those 8 weeks, I changed my routine to one body part per day and 6 days a week working out. I completed my workout with cardio and a short abb routine. This leaned me while keeping my muscle.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NPC Pittsburgh Championships and Jr. Nationals if i requalify.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Purpose of bcaa with cardio?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purpose of bcaa with cardio?
Since its fasted and on keto, BCAA insure that muscle is being spared and if there's glucogenisis(sp?) going on, they'll take care or it. Also helps suppress cortisol, which is highest in the morning. Leucine helps kick start protein synthesis so my meal could be considered more anabolic when I do eat & leucine has also been shown to create insulin sensitivity to some degree.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Simply put BCAA=Muscle Sparing

especially when fasted. it's muscle fuel.

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
i got plans for the jay cutler desert classic march 3rd........man i'll tell what.. theres very little info on the 2013 show,i found a NV n.p.c schedule.

so if anyone hears or finds a site on this show PLEASE let me know,a think ats at the pearl again....