Omega-3 Mayo as fat source

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to find ways to keep my fats in besides nuts and nut butters. Oils can get messy and dont go well when carrying meals to work. Thinking about making a tuna/salmon/tilapia "salad" with Omega-3 mayo from Smart Balance and adding in cruciferous vegetables like celery, broccoli, cauliflower.

Anyone ever try using mayo during contest prep?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No one has any thoughts?

U

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Make your own mayo. Easy to do, and you can customize the fat type. I personally use macadamia nut oil.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I respond well to sesame. I'll look into it.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
I'm trying to find ways to keep my fats in besides nuts and nut butters. Oils can get messy and dont go well when carrying meals to work. Thinking about making a tuna/salmon/tilapia "salad" with Omega-3 mayo from Smart Balance and adding in cruciferous vegetables like celery, broccoli, cauliflower.

Anyone ever try using mayo during contest prep?
What about avocado? I prefer to stay away from any condiments except maybe natural mustard, but during prep mayo is never used. However looking at the nutrition facts on Veganaise, it seems to be slightly better than the regular stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
My thought was mayo is too processed and has too many variables in there that could negatively effect prep. Everything must be simple, I thought to use haas avocado (not florida). Making my own mayo is a good idea too but it's such a tedious process.

-OS-Team AppNut

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont see any problem with using the mayo that is either made with olive oil or omega 3's. While prep isnt time to really "experiment" per say, my feelings are as long as you keep things the same there should be no issues.

To me its like using white rice or brown rice. If you have used white rice your entire off season and your body does well with it there is no reason to change it out during prep.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^That's an idea. So perhaps for this off season I'll add it into my regimen. I'll keep it around when cutting weight and play around to see what happens.

-OS-Team AppNut

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^That's an idea. So perhaps for this off season I'll add it into my regimen. I'll keep it around when cutting weight and play around to see what happens.

-OS-Team AppNut
Like for me instant grits went well with my body and until i went no carb they were in my cutting diet and caused no issues.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
The trial and error of bodybuilding. As frustrating as it is exciting.

R

retrofitted

Awards
Making mayonnaise with sesame oil is not a good option, in my opinion. The flavor would be overwhelming, and the viscosity of the oil would prove difficult in achieving the correct consistency.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Making mayonnaise with sesame oil is not a good option, in my opinion. The flavor would be overwhelming, and the viscosity of the oil would prove difficult in achieving the correct consistency.
Did it with wasabi and sesame once. Came out fantastic with a ginger curry tuna steak. Like I said its tedious and easy to over do on emulsifying.

-OS-Team AppNut