Good ways to make food taste better in cutting phase?

bruiser74

bruiser74

Awards
Hey guys and gals. What are some good condiments that are low in sugar, sodium, and will taste great? I am doing my first contest November in Sacramento. I'm about 13-14 weeks out and have started my cutting phase of the diet, but my taste buds are pissed. Lol. Diet is solid just boring. I actually had to increase a little carbs and sugar because I was leaning out too fast. Good genetics, but my trainer said I would peak too early and then get screwed come contest time. So he allowed a few cheat days for me. God bless him for that. Anyway I digress. Any ideas for condiments to add to tilapia, chicken, veggies would be great. Thanks!

bruiser74

bruiser74

Awards
Thanks bro. I will check it out. First time
Dieting down and I am already dreaming about food I can't have. But the way I look each day is tripping me out. The body is so weird how quickly it changes. For instance last week I had barely begun to see the separation between upper to lower pecs in side chest pose. Now you see the separation plus the striations coming out. Crazy!

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain. I've never done a cut and I dread just eating clean for any extended time!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This has been a life saver. It eat so very bland and this really kicks up my meat/fish/chicken/eggs and vegetables and olive oil meals. Click on the image...

product-large.png

bruiser74

bruiser74

Awards
Sweet. Thanks for the suggestion. I've used dash in the past and it def helps.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I use hot sauce, mustard, and dry rub. I have not cut in a while (I've always had more trouble gaining than losing) but this was greatwhen all I ate was rice, vegetable, and chicken.

cross34

Awards
o cal spray butter. Splenda and anything Waldon Farms. They make 0 cal imitation products and have several things from syrup to salad dressing. not all of it tastes that good but when your 8 weeks out it will.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Ms. Dash is awesome for chicken along with some of the walden farms products. I like their BBQ sauce and syrup but the rest of their products taste like chemicals to me. Some hot sauces that ate lower in sodium are Tabasco, cholula, and Valentino. All good choices. Stevia is my go to for a sweetener. Good luck with the cut.

bruiser74

bruiser74

Awards
Thank you guys for all the suggestions. It's really made a difference already. I'm not dreading the chicken anymore! I'm down to 7.5% right now and hope to get to 4% for show in November. This will def help me stay on track. Thanks again.

pricey_001

Awards
For me cinnamon adds a decent amount of flavour.. Onion or garlic powder, paprika if u don't mind a bit of 'bite', even stevia helps.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Hot sauce, garlic (diced or powder), oil, lemon juice and BBQ sauce (winter time) is a staple in the flavoring of my foods

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WALDEN FARMS!! Chocolate syrup is SO ****ING GOOD. Also the chocolate and caramel dips are pretty good.

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
Any pics bro? I'm 9 days out from a national qualifier myself :) Lemon, basil, hot sauce, walden farms products, stevia, cinnamon, any spices really, onoin powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt(depending on your sodium allowance), balsamic vinegar and evoo for dressings, lemon and lime juice, for veggies I LOVE to put a bit of grass fed butter in a pan and cook it into them tastes DELICIOUS and the small amount of butter is miniscule fat and cals, just gotta be careful.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Any pics bro? I'm 9 days out from a national qualifier myself :) Lemon, basil, hot sauce, walden farms products, stevia, cinnamon, any spices really, onoin powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt(depending on your sodium allowance), balsamic vinegar and evoo for dressings, lemon and lime juice, for veggies I LOVE to put a bit of grass fed butter in a pan and cook it into them tastes DELICIOUS and the small amount of butter is miniscule fat and cals, just gotta be careful.
Damn 9 days out good luck.. Tell me what is the 1st thing you are feening to eat after the show? LoL

bruiser74

bruiser74

Awards
I had some pics but stupid iPhone crashed. I will try to get some and post up. Thanks for the advice and good luck on your show. If that's you in your avatar, damn bro! You look amazing. Great striations. Great abs. Good separation upper to lower pectorals.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I had some pics but stupid iPhone crashed. I will try to get some and post up. Thanks for the advice and good luck on your show. If that's you in your avatar, damn bro! You look amazing. Great striations. Great abs. Good separation upper to lower pectorals.
I think you need higher post count to post the pics

pricey_001

Awards
Another couple of things I forgot to post.. Salsa is a great way to add heaps of flavour.. queens sugar free maple syrup is unreal drizzled over just about anything.. Good luck mate

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
salsa with my eggs has given me a second chance with eggs.. I was getting so sick of eggs... you can get all the different types of salsa too... hot mild spicy etc. etc

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
Haha, thanks bro. That was 2yrs ago though, and I spilled over, so I wasn't dry enough. I sucks IMO, but not this time :) I tried to attach a mor recent pic 5 weeks out, but for some reason, the attachments aren't working on this forum. They work everywhere else just fine. I will update my avi then I guess...

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
Damn 9 days out good luck.. Tell me what is the 1st thing you are feening to eat after the show? LoL

Thanks man, I fixed my avi, but the pic is too small, damn. Oh well, as for food, I really dunno, I would say boston cream pie, buffalo wings, MOUNTAIN EFFIN DEW, etc lol.

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
salsa with my eggs has given me a second chance with eggs.. I was getting so sick of eggs... you can get all the different types of salsa too... hot mild spicy etc. etc
Do you make your own? I do, and let me say, it's MUCH better with them than tostito's, etc. Jalapenos(the smaller they are, and the older and more roughed up they look, the hotter they are), cilantro, garlic cloves, white onion, tomato paste just plain mashed up tomatoes, garlic and onion powder, chopped up tomatoes, and my secret ingredient....cumin ;) AMAZING SALSA!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Do you make your own? I do, and let me say, it's MUCH better with them than tostito's, etc. Jalapenos(the smaller they are, and the older and more roughed up they look, the hotter they are), cilantro, garlic cloves, white onion, tomato paste just plain mashed up tomatoes, garlic and onion powder, chopped up tomatoes, and my secret ingredient....cumin ;) AMAZING SALSA!
ill have to try that!:)

NoLimitz

Awards
Ill have to agree, All the Mrs. Dash are Great! Also, Siracha is a nice hot sauce with limited sodium.

Im also in the sacramento area lookin to compete next year. Where are you training? and are you being coached?