2012 Midwestern States Competition: my first show, physique class

SteroidLawyer

Awards
I am competing in my first show on July 14th, men's physique class.

Im sick of dieting, thats for sure.

I just wanted to see everyone's experience with a few things:

1) facial hair: I normally have a very short beard. My trainer suggested shaving but isnt setting a hard rule on this.

2) tanning: I am getting professionally spray-tanned. Should I do a few tanning bed sessions to get a decent base coat tan? Also what about my face? How do you guys get your face sprayed (because I dont think the spray tanning company will do the face).

3) flip flops or barefoot?

4) I know to bring some cheap sheets to the hotel (because of the spray on tan). Is there any other suggestions that anyone has for the week of the show?

Thanks,

Clark

SteroidLawyer

Awards
Yup. Louisville.

SteroidLawyer

Awards
Good for you. Where do you train?

SteroidLawyer

Awards
bump for tips on shaving, tanning, etc.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I had a goatie at my competition and nothing was said. Also I would do the tanning bed for a few weeks to get a base tan, and then spray. Try to spray the night before. I've seen a lot of guys who spray the day of and it never fails they oil up and/or sweat on stage and the bronzer will run. Looks horrible.

jdg76
Team APPNUT

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Doing my first show in Sept I can't wait

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
it was cool to meet you at the show, SteroidLawyer. :)

SteroidLawyer

Awards
Whats up snagency! How did you do in your class?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
finished 2nd to the overall winner, qualified for Nationals.
was a great time!

SteroidLawyer

Awards
Freaking awesome bro!! You def looked shredded to ribbons! I talked to Eric about PP sponsoring me. I start my diet today for the Tricky Jackson show this fall. What city are you in?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Freaking awesome bro!! You def looked shredded to ribbons! I talked to Eric about PP sponsoring me. I start my diet today for the Tricky Jackson show this fall. What city are you in?
the city you met me in.

:)

best to you during prep, knock it out.

burnstacp

burnstacp

Awards
Having a bit of a base tan helps with tanning the face better so you don't look washed out. I'd recommend it. I'd also recommend no lotions or skin conditioners about two days out, and make sure you are using a luffa the last week to really exfoliate well. You want all the dead skin off, and you want your skin to be as dry as possible. This will allow the tanning fluid to take better.

edit: oops just saw your contest is over. Hope you did well.