Life long natural bodybuilder, first show - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Life long natural bodybuilder, first show

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rockme

500 is too much for sure. Cardio is 4xwk at 25 min HIIT. That will increase to 5xwk at 35 min soon. Did you have a refeed day at 7 weeks out, or at the very least a higher calorie day to prevent metabolic stagnation?
    Yes, I had Saturday as my refeed day from 12 weeks out (out of a 16 week prep), which was also my leg day so I could use up some of that glycogen to prevent spilling and fat storage. I started at 300g and as my carbs dropped during the week it gradually increased to 500g.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

Yes, I had Saturday as my refeed day from 12 weeks out (out of a 16 week prep), which was also my leg day so I could use up some of that glycogen to prevent spilling and fat storage. I started at 300g and as my carbs dropped during the week it gradually increased to 500g.
    Did you allow for sweeter, faster carbs on your refeed day? Or was it all slow digesting carbs?
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rockme

Did you allow for sweeter, faster carbs on your refeed day? Or was it all slow digesting carbs?
    Almost all slow digesting...50 from green veggies (asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc), 350g sweet potatoes, 100g white potatoes post workout
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

If I may add in my thoughts in regards to the picture you posted, bring your legs closer together. When flexing, you want the adductors to just about be touching to create the illusion of larger legs.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JRob23
    If I may add in my thoughts in regards to the picture you posted, bring your legs closer together. When flexing, you want the adductors to just about be touching to create the illusion of larger legs.
    This is good advice
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Poster above is right in that it is very normal to feel like you look flat during prep. Especially the further away from your refeed days you get. You should do your best to get used to it, this is what will make the carb up days work, and you'll go back to being full again after carbing up.

For reference, my refeed days were at 500g once per week, but I was at 80-90g carbs/day during the week which allowed the large carb up to work. And I am 6'2...so just keep that in mind as you cut.

Are you doing HIIT for your cardio?

I would take issue with the above poster saying that you were at too high bf when you started, IMO
    Read my post bud. I never said he was TOO high of BF. I simply said by starting at a (kind of) high BF%, You're going to have to feel flat during your prep... It's prepping for a show.. Judging by his original picture i'd say between (12-14%).. I'm not saying that is TOO fat, I'm simply saying the man has some weight to lose. That's All.

@OP
    You're coming along well brother, Keep it up..
    Visibly leaner everywhere.

Even after my refeed (1lb sweet potatoes last meal of the day) i woke up the next day flat. Sure, more full than the previous day, but nowhere near SHOW day full. or off season full.
    Not trying to be negative / attack anyone at all, just throwing in my 2 cents is all. peace brother

Similar Forum Threads

1. Training cycles for the natural bodybuilder
    By risktaker in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
  2. PEGMGF AND THE NATURAL BODYBUILDER
    By bbkhan87 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. New bodybuilder 5 11 235, All Natural
    By housemaster in forum Pics
    Replies: 55