Contest prep Dilemma - AnabolicMinds.com

Contest prep Dilemma

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Contest prep Dilemma

Hey guys I'm starting prep in a few weeks and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

I work 4, 10hr shifts a week, Mon-thur. My problem is I only have 12hrs from the time I get home from work until I have to return to work. This leaves me roughly a 4 hour window to train/cardio/food prep and get ready for work (with 8hrs of sleep)

Training fasted is working well right now, but I'm putting on mass so eating carbs before bed & during the day isn't an issue. I was thinking of 30gr of BCAA's around my workout to help, maybe even some more leucine.

10gr 30min before with pre-workout supp's
    10gr sipp'd during my workout
    10gr post workout before i start cardio

I can then go home and have a shake & solid meal before leaving for work. What do you guys think?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. New Member

Yo dude!! You can't over do bcaa's and or Aminos in general for that matter!! Bcaa's are used by the body to manufacture glycogen without the presence of carbs. So they stop you from beings catabolic and keeps you in a anabolic state without insulin. That's why they are called the recovery Aminos. I'd just add glutamine to this too.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by seany71
    Yo dude!! You can't over do bcaa's and or Aminos in general for that matter!! Bcaa's are used by the body to manufacture glycogen without the presence of carbs. So they stop you from beings catabolic and keeps you in a anabolic state without insulin. That's why they are called the recovery Aminos. I'd just add glutamine to this too.
    Those were my thoughts! Thanks man, however I lucked out and it looks like I'm moving shifts at work here soon. 06:30-15:00 & 4%BF here I come! HAHAHA
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Contest prep help
    By bangitschris in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:12 AM
  2. Contest prep guys - non-contest guy need some tips!
    By StangBanger in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 08:28 AM
  3. Contest Prep cycle and contest prep help
    By Swoleosis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
  4. Contest Prep
    By Future in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 04:42 AM
  5. g/f contest prep