When to stop protein shake intake

supermanarms

Awards
I am almost four weeks out from my first show with a 9.5 body fat percentage. I was wondering from anyone's prior experience when the correct time would be to cut out protein shakes completely?

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
The week of the contest. U probably will do some kind of carbs manipulation, so food intake only. Also shakes have sodium in it, u also have to control sodium during this time. Chicken, fish and beef at this time. Jus my own experience :)

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Don't cut the shakes, but if your around 10% bodyfat with 4 weeks to go then you better start shedding the fat my man. A beach body looks good on the beach but "fat" on stage. All the best

supermanarms

Awards
Thanks for the input!! I will keep the sodium in the protein in mind for when I load and unload

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input!! I will keep the sodium in the protein in mind for when I load and unload

Umm load and unload sodium? Unless you been doing contests for years and have a great deal of experience with your own body then this could be an "okay" at best idea. However, this is not the case don't do drastic measures because you won't like your bodies reaction. Just a little suggestion bro, keep it simple. Plus if you go on stage at 6% bodyfat you won't even be able to tell much difference from a carb up (meaning being dry and shredded.) The main goal for a competitionm should always be #1 get lean enough (shredded), #2 get dry enough, #3 get carbed up enough. Your welcome to take that advice or throw it out the window, either way I felt like sharing on past mistakes me and others have made. Good luck

seany71

seany71

Awards
Love the last guys advice. Just brilliant. I'm steeling the whole thing mate. Hehe!! The reason you cut shakes is they are full of artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners!! On top of sodium. They will cause you to hold water. Badly! But if your between 10% & 6% BF it will make little difference. Unless your 4% or under, then everything you do has an affect. Good luck mate. Aim for as low as you can go.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Love the last guys advice. Just brilliant. I'm steeling the whole thing mate. Hehe!! The reason you cut shakes is they are full of artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners!! On top of sodium. They will cause you to hold water. Badly! But if your between 10% & 6% BF it will make little difference. Unless your 4% or under, then everything you do has an affect. Good luck mate. Aim for as low as you can go.
Haha i wouldn't suggest this unless you want to look worse then you have the last week through your prep. If you look great 7 days out after your workout then why would you do all the drastic changes to your body??? Think about it before all the BRO science floats around. :rocketwhore: