Johnny Reid - my road to return on the stage!!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.98%

Johnny Reid - my road to return on the stage!!

JOHNNY REID - ANABOLIC DESIGNS AND CARDIFF SPORTS NUTRTION SPONSORED BODYBUILDER.

‘PERFORM AND TRANSFORM’

Hey everyone I have introduced myself but I thought I would start my blog today and give you some more insight into who I am and what I do etc.

Today is Saturday 26th of March and I am exactly 7 weeks away from the NABBA Wales which I am entering the Novice or even Class 1 as I’m undecided. Then 2 weeks later is the NAC Great Britain show which I am entering the Junior class as they do an U23 class and I’m still only 22 years old.

Today is my mock carb up day so I’m sat stuffing my face with carbs today (800g roughly) to see how I react to mimic for my show prep. On a regular day I am consuming around 350g carbs and 35mins fasted cardio with 15mins post workout!!

Thus far my diet and training has been spot on and I have progressed weekly if not daily. This time around I feel like I am actually growing into the show. Yeasteday morning I weighed in at 240lbs and feeling leaner than I have for a while. Looking at maybe a 10 - 14lb loss to go ready for stage maybe but that’s all in the hands of my faithfull sponsors cardiff sports nutrition and anabolic designs.

I got into bodybuilding end of 2008 at the age of 19 – purely fell into it as a rugby player who got injured but loved to go to the gym. Got the gym bug and quickly decided to do my very first show in 2009 at 20 years old winning the junior NABBA Wales and qualifying fir the NABBA Brits and Universe.

Unfortuantely I suffered a serious injury shortly afterwards, that being a torn pec tendon. I did it on the flat bench whilst throwing about ridiculous weights (220kg). I have had the injury repaired (attempted even) although it doesn’t look great. I sat out the gym for 6 months then decided to get back into it quickly. Muscle memory and the extra BF% from being on my ass for 6 months soon ballooned me up to near 21stone and still gaining until I decided it was a little too much!! After much deliberation and hesitance (hardest part of the injury being mental more than physical) I have decided to pull out the posing trunks again and hopefully you will all join me for the ride!

My current training split is as follows (each day starts with fasted cardio too don’t forget)
    Sun – Legs (Quads, Hams & Calves)(heavy medium reps)
    Mon – Chest & Biceps
    Tues – Shoulders (fron side and rear delts along with traps)
    Wed – Back & Triceps
    Thurs – Legs (light high reps)
    Fri – Chest (targetting torn pec)

Here is a list of supplements I use whilst dieting:
    Anabolic Designs – Stampede (pre workout formula) – I use stampede as I feel a good pre workout shake is important whilst dieting to improve your concentration, pump and intensity. I find most pre workout shakes hard on the gut but stampede is so easy to drink and I love the effects. The new Formulated stampede is going to be awesome so keep and eye out!!

Anabolic Designs – Ravenous (appetite increasant/digestive aid) – This helps me digest all of my many meal and allows my body to digest all of the foods I consume which is essential. I know my friends in the offseason have added 4 meals to their day from using this product alone!

Anabolic Designs – Shredabull (Fat incinerator) – I always use a fat burner when dieting but due to my job I cannot use anything with eph in it, so as many would agree the top of the market fat burner with no eph in it has to be shredabull!!

Anaboli Designs – Liver milk (detoxification) – I like to take these along with my regualr vitamins and mineral too keep my body 100% and allow my liver to function at its best whilst dieting and even in the offseason!!

Gaspari – Myofusion protein – I love the taste and quality of the gaspari protein and feel it is by far the superior protein on the market (my opinion only!!)

Gaspari – Size on pre-contest (during workout shake) – I use this during workouts to stop me going catabolic and the pre contest one has no carbs which allows me to keep to my strict diet!

Vitargo – Carb shake (post workout) – I use this as my simple carb source post workout and feel it is essesntial to consume your post workout carbs all throughout the year!

ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE CARDIFFSPORTSNUTRITION WEBSITE (I am a newbie and can'b post the URL sorry) AND IF YOU ENTER DISCOUNT CODE ‘johnny5’ AT THE CHECKOUT YOU WILL RECEIVE 5% OFF ALL ORDERS!!
    YOU CAN BUY ANABOLIC DESIGNS PRODUCT AT THE ABOVE WEBSITE OR AT THEIR HOME WEBSITE AND YOU CAN ALSO FIND OUT MORE INFO ON THE PRODUCTS THERE TOO!!

I will be keeping a weekly blog update here on my progress so please do follow and give you input please!!

Thank You, Johnny!!
    Regards, Johnny Reid
    www.anabolic-designs.com
    www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co. uk

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.11%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Subbed!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.98%

cheers pal.... today i'm feeling insanely full and fairly smooth after my mock carb up.... My metabolism is a burning furnace right now so should bode well for this next week of dieting. Worked nights last night so was up a later than normal at 10am doing my fasted cardio and now i'm going to have my shakes and get ready for a really heavy and intense leg session!

Thinking of using Dorian Yates's principles of 2 warm up sets and 1 working set till failure.... tried it once and enjoyed it!!

will keep you updated and get some progress pics up asap!!

cheers for reading!
    Johnny Reid
    'Perform and transform'
    Regards, Johnny Reid
    www.anabolic-designs.com
    www.cardiffsportsnutrition.co. uk
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

subbed
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

800 grams is where I have become comfortable for carbup ... subbed and good luck, better still work you but off luck has little to do with it lol
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative

Similar Forum Threads

1. Johnny Reid's road to the UKBFF Britain Finals 2011 - Sponsored by AD & CSN
    By JohnnyReid in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
  2. Camp23451's Road to the Stage!!
    By camp23451 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
  3. Tara Reid - Hot Again ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 07:46 AM
  4. two stage SD PCT?