Want to compete for first time.. which organization??

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
As the title states im ready to compete soon. Ive used DS and have heard a lot of these organizations implement polygraph tests. I dont care about competing with seasoned, unnatural competitors. Can I compete in the NPC for my first contest?

Also, if there are loopholes, how stringent is the OCB's drug policy? Do they really perform urinalysis and polygraph on every competitor every time?

Any advice or guidence is welcome! I really wanna know the BEST path to take to get started with this.

cobfab12

cobfab12

Awards
Polys are total crap, easy to fool if you redirect your train of thought or modify breathing patterns/heartrate. They are extremely unreliable.

I was poly'ed for a Natural comp a few months back. I ran a DS (hdrol) early last year, albeit for a very short run (less than 3wks, sides), and honestly it was a mistake. I thought I had effed myself for the poly run, but got in there, guy was cool as all hell, and just relaxed. He asked if I had ever used any illegal anabolic substances, said nope, passed. Kind of a loophole question, but a lot of people I have talked with said the "illegal" part got said and they were in the money.

Go to an NPC show if you have the chance, the ones in San Diego were insane. As a mostly natty guy myself, I felt outclassed by the 198s, and ive done well in smaller orgs (NGA)

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I have done 2 NPC shows, and it depends on how conditioned you are, and not how big you are. You can compete in Novice, and not have to worry about testing. Your first show is not about winning anyway, its about getting your feet wet, and learning about how your body responds to extreme diet, and learning how to manipulate things the last week and getting on stage for PRE JUDGING at your absolute best. Its tough. Try to get some help if you can afford it, or if you have some friends who have competed before they can help you because you are weak, and its not easy to focus your last week. Good luck to you. Where are you located?

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Im in NC
Theres a OCB show coming up but i looked at the list of substances banned and its everything lol.. ive probably used 6 or 7 of them

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Its pretty ridiculous. I know how you feel. Some of them arent as bad, but most of the natural federations mean natural. Its stupid if you ask me. Is there anything else coming up? Dont be in such a hurry. You can only get better.

JayDee6

JayDee6

Awards
Compete in the NPC, it's the best. If the name of the show doesn't have the word "natural" in it, then 99% chance it isn't a tested show.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As the title states im ready to compete soon. Ive used DS and have heard a lot of these organizations implement polygraph tests. I dont care about competing with seasoned, unnatural competitors. Can I compete in the NPC for my first contest?

Also, if there are loopholes, how stringent is the OCB's drug policy? Do they really perform urinalysis and polygraph on every competitor every time?

Any advice or guidence is welcome! I really wanna know the BEST path to take to get started with this.
If you want to compete, then the best thing to do is look for the organization that best fits your physique (i.e. you should compete where your physique is what the judges are looking for).

You could compete with the NPC for your first contest, if you feel that they are the best organization for you to do well in.

Re drug testing, most natural organizations do a polygraph on EVERY competitor prior to the competition, with the urine drug tests on place-winners.

You need to decide what you want out of competing - whether you are just doing it for fun, to see what you can do, or if you are going to get more serious about it. Do your research on the different federations/organizations, meet with some of those federations' Judges if you can to get an honest assessment on your physique and which one it would fit best with, and go from there.

~Rosie~

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rosie, that would be the prudent thing to do. Im sure I dont wanna compete in natural competitions, (no offense to natural competitors with good physiques) as what I have seen doesnt impress me at all and I think a bodybuilder should have wide shoulders and be a bit more stalky than most of these guys.

Ive actually youtubed some events and promos that display many of the physiques at certain levels and I'd say im in the ranks of lower NPC competitors like the junior nationals smaller guys

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I'd blow this guy away

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie, that would be the prudent thing to do. Im sure I dont wanna compete in natural competitions, (no offense to natural competitors with good physiques) as what I have seen doesnt impress me at all and I think a bodybuilder should have wide shoulders and be a bit more stalky than most of these guys.

Ive actually youtubed some events and promos that display many of the physiques at certain levels and I'd say im in the ranks of lower NPC competitors like the junior nationals smaller guys
No worries :)

Actually, IMO, the natural athletes look a lot better than the non-natural athletes, and they definitely can come in leaner/appear more striated - the huge muscle mass, although impressive and kudos for gaining it, just does not appeal to me. There is also no reason why one cannot get the V-taper that you are referring to being natural. Then again, that's just my opinion and everyone is different, and I accept that.

As I said, the best person to ask is a Judge or someone familiar with the different organizations, as to what federation they think your physique is best in.

~Rosie~

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
No worries :)

Actually, IMO, the natural athletes look a lot better than the non-natural athletes, and they definitely can come in leaner/appear more striated - the huge muscle mass, although impressive and kudos for gaining it, just does not appeal to me. There is also no reason why one cannot get the V-taper that you are referring to being natural. Then again, that's just my opinion and everyone is different, and I accept that.

As I said, the best person to ask is a Judge or someone familiar with the different organizations, as to what federation they think your physique is best in.

~Rosie~
Oh yea, natrual individuals can definetely achieve the V. My back is actually one of my most prominent bodyparts and I had the V before I ran a cycle.

I guess im just partial to the asthetics of definition and mass.

Thanks again for the advice mam! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yea, natrual individuals can definetely achieve the V. My back is actually one of my most prominent bodyparts and I had the V before I ran a cycle.

I guess im just partial to the asthetics of definition and mass.

Thanks again for the advice mam! :)
Definition AND mass can definitely be achieved through natural means, but everyone to their own opinion and each to their own.

You're welcome, and all the best with whatever organization you eventually compete with :)

~Rosie~

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I agree Rosie. You can achieve a lot naturally. Its just hard to hold onto it while dieting. Just be careful lately west coast Cali NPC shows hardly give each competitor a fair look. I know some guys I know are switching to natural shows to be judged fairly. Every competitor works very hard to be his best, and deserves a fair look. People sometimes come a long way and pay good money to see them too and it would be nice to be on stage for more than a second. GOOD LUCK to you!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree Rosie. You can achieve a lot naturally. Its just hard to hold onto it while dieting. Just be careful lately west coast Cali NPC shows hardly give each competitor a fair look. I know some guys I know are switching to natural shows to be judged fairly. Every competitor works very hard to be his best, and deserves a fair look. People sometimes come a long way and pay good money to see them too and it would be nice to be on stage for more than a second. GOOD LUCK to you!!!
Then you should stop "dieting" and start dieting. There is no reason for gains to be lost or your current muscle mass not to be maintained if you give yourself enough time to prepare for a competition and set your nutrition up sensibly for fat loss.

~Rosie~

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
well... its a little harder for us males who get 50 or so pounds away from our homeostatic state to cut all the fat off thereafter and keep all the lean mass. Cortisol is released when calories or carbs are cut and test levels drop creating a decrease in protein synthesis... "naturally".

Now ill agree some natural guys look ok, but thats due to good genetics and most people dont have optimal functioning genes that code for all features desired by bodybuilders.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well... its a little harder for us males who get 50 or so pounds away from our homeostatic state to cut all the fat off thereafter and keep all the lean mass. Cortisol is released when calories or carbs are cut and test levels drop creating a decrease in protein synthesis... "naturally".

Now ill agree some natural guys look ok, but thats due to good genetics and most people dont have optimal functioning genes that code for all features desired by bodybuilders.
I'm going to disagree, because there is NO reason for one to gain 50 pounds (seriously, why would someone WANT to get fat?!), even in the off-season, especially if the bulk of it is fat and they are just going to have to lose it all - the top guys might go ~20-25 pounds above competition weight in the off-season, which is far more manageable when it comes to competition preparation. That's just my thoughts though, and everyone will have their own.

~Rosie~

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to disagree, because there is NO reason for one to gain 50 pounds (seriously, why would someone WANT to get fat?!), even in the off-season, especially if the bulk of it is fat and they are just going to have to lose it all - the top guys might go ~20-25 pounds above competition weight in the off-season, which is far more manageable when it comes to competition preparation. That's just my thoughts though, and everyone will have their own.

~Rosie~
I wasnt saying they necessarily gained that much in one bout, but the farther you get from a neutral weight, the harder it is to try and recomp and not sacrifice some of the excess muscle with it. Then genetics play a huge role in the "managability" of contest prep, even with exogenous hormones thrown in.

Yes your opinion is right. Nobody should want to get that fat (which is what i did starting out). I should have clarified what i meant by 50 pounds. Nevertheless, I always respect people's opinions (when they are intelligent ones lol) and you always have solid, educated posts. Thanks again for the input :usa2:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasnt saying they necessarily gained that much in one bout, but the farther you get from a neutral weight, the harder it is to try and recomp and not sacrifice some of the excess muscle with it. Then genetics play a huge role in the "managability" of contest prep, even with exogenous hormones thrown in.

Yes your opinion is right. Nobody should want to get that fat (which is what i did starting out). I should have clarified what i meant by 50 pounds. Nevertheless, I always respect people's opinions (when they are intelligent ones lol) and you always have solid, educated posts. Thanks again for the input :usa2:
All good :)

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Rosie, I forgot to say I am in the navy on a ship rightnow. I am living on the ship with nowhere to cook food. sometimes I can cook at a friends on the weekend. Its tough. I deploy in april, but will transfer to fort worth tx this year. I am competing next april. Take care and stay cool.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Oh I am only 30 pounds over my last contest weight.

Firmanator

Firmanator

Awards
Agreed Rosie
Getting huge offseason just makes it that much harder to diet down. Many times people will diet too quickly due to being that fat and will lose more muscle than they might have if they were leaner to start.
It's also easier to see your progress and weak points when you're semi lean :)