Planning to compete next spring, starting to train now.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    JayDee6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chillin with Jigsaw
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    274

    Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    I found a contest prep writeup for diet/nutrition up to contest, I think it was from the Scivation site and it was a free download.

    I def think the final 2-3 weeks are the most challenging, just stay focused it's a great and fulfilling journey!
    true. 2 weeks out and 1 week out are where it gets tricky. that is when the sodium and water intake get altered and things get a bit more "tricky."
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete

  2. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2874

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee6 View Post
    true. 2 weeks out and 1 week out are where it gets tricky. that is when the sodium and water intake get altered and things get a bit more "tricky."
    OH man.... (shakes and lowers head)

    Never, ever, manipulate sodium and water. It does... not... work. You can't time and predict the endless myriad of physiological mechanisms as play in vivo. You'll only end up, like MILLIONS of other amateur (AND professional) bodybuilders before you, explaining to your friends and family who came to see you compete how "Great you looked the week before!"

    I'm not trying to convince you of this, or stating my opinion. It is fact. Period. Only trying to help you avoid these plaguing and laughably common downfalls of even the most educated bodybuilders.
  3. Registered User
    ray357's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SW Florida
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    64

    Well guys, I found my show. It is the Gold Coast and Mari Redondo Classic in Miami, on May 7th. This is perfect because I leave for DC on May 12th. I am 15 weeks out. I am using a nutritionist, Jason Croce. He has a website, which is his name .com. He has assessed my LBM and broke down my macros to exact numbers. He also broke down how much of each macro is needed per meal. Having him on board has made life alot easier. All I do now is cook a boat load of food, pre weigh it, then break it all down into the right portions. I got the vacuum sealed ziplock bags, and I eat at 6, 9, 12, 3, 6, 9.

    I have BCAAs before 5am cardio, and I alternate meals, solid, liquid, repeat.
    I currently use Mitotropin for a fat burner. Many people don't like it, but I do. I have issues with anxiety so I don't use the "concentrated" fat burners with geranium stem.
    I am currently using Superpump MAX for preworkout. I also use Transananyl (sp) Glutamine (TAG). I have vanadyl and chromium before every solid meal. I think that is it so far.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas, United States
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    817

    Very nice. Good stuff. I agree with a previous post. All I used was sea salt on my food, and didnt cut it out. I drank a lot of water Mon-Wed the last week. 1/2 gallon thursday, and enough to get food down friday while taking taraxatone, or dandelion and uva ursi, with potassium to prevent cramping. Good luck bro!!!!!
  5. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2874

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Very nice. Good stuff. I agree with a previous post. All I used was sea salt on my food, and didnt cut it out. I drank a lot of water Mon-Wed the last week.
    Exactly, and thanks by the way. If you're in shape, you're in shape... and if not, well, no magical wizardry is going to change that fact come Saturday morning.
  6. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas, United States
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    817

    TRUE. I cant wait to do another show, even though the diet is Hell. I want it bad.
  7. Registered User
    JayDee6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chillin with Jigsaw
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    274

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    OH man.... (shakes and lowers head)

    Never, ever, manipulate sodium and water. It does... not... work. You can't time and predict the endless myriad of physiological mechanisms as play in vivo. You'll only end up, like MILLIONS of other amateur (AND professional) bodybuilders before you, explaining to your friends and family who came to see you compete how "Great you looked the week before!"

    I'm not trying to convince you of this, or stating my opinion. It is fact. Period. Only trying to help you avoid these plaguing and laughably common downfalls of even the most educated bodybuilders.
    Well.....I SUCCEEDED with this and watched myself get more and more vascular and striated up to the day of my show, so I will stick with what works(for me).
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
  8. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas, United States
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    817

    Thats good. if it aint broke dont fix it.
  9. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2874

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee6 View Post
    Well.....I SUCCEEDED with this and watched myself get more and more vascular and striated up to the day of my show, so I will stick with what works(for me).
    I've never once seen this work without drug and diuretic intervention - ever. I won't belabor the topic by going on and on about the fact I've observed countless athletes as well as been behind the scenes regarding professionals practices at the Mr. Olympia for example, but suffice it to say if you truly were able to 'trick' your bodies mineral levels and pump action/reaction perfectly with the minuscule window of opportunity as you step on stage in front of the judges without sacrificing muscle fullness and pump, then I'm impressed!
  10. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2874

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    TRUE. I cant wait to do another show, even though the diet is Hell. I want it bad.
    Ha, isn't this weird? Every year I compete, I tell myself "No WAY will I ever do this again for some applause and a plastic trophy!" But then, the bug bites me again!
  11. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas, United States
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    817

    My abs popped pretty good with no drug intervention. I did a pre contest cycle, but no injectables, and nothing purchased illegally. I am us navy. I only used natural diuretics, like dandelion and uva ursi, etc.

    I have not won a trophy yet in body building. Only powerlifting and strongman. Nothing really big though. I still love it, and wont quit.
  12. Registered User
    JayDee6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chillin with Jigsaw
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    274

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I've never once seen this work without drug and diuretic intervention - ever. I won't belabor the topic by going on and on about the fact I've observed countless athletes as well as been behind the scenes regarding professionals practices at the Mr. Olympia for example, but suffice it to say if you truly were able to 'trick' your bodies mineral levels and pump action/reaction perfectly with the minuscule window of opportunity as you step on stage in front of the judges without sacrificing muscle fullness and pump, then I'm impressed!
    Well I didn't win it, I got 2nd out of 11 at a national qualifier but still very good none the less. I was for sure pumped and full, but I DID find out how VERY fast my body gets flat if i'm not consuming sugars every few minutes haha. Keeping that pump was quite difficult due to schedule changes. I was afraid of spilling over, and also afraid of flattening out at the same time. I also did use aldactone(which i had a script for from a while back.) I know that helped a lot.
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
  13. Registered User
    JayDee6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chillin with Jigsaw
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    274

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Ha, isn't this weird? Every year I compete, I tell myself "No WAY will I ever do this again for some applause and a plastic trophy!" But then, the bug bites me again!
    Man, I feel amazing on stage having people applauding and cheering for you and they don't even know you. I'm trying my hardest to qualify for nationals this time around, and THAT would for sure make it all worth while. My trophy was metal, so maybe that helps? lol i dunno. Even without qualifying, it's still such a fun experience and the total body transformation is amazing. I dunno how anyone could not like it. Yes, dieting so strictly does suck, but still...
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
  14. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas, United States
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    817

    Still, its amazing to see yourself transform, and see what your hard work has created. I may have Branch warren help me next time, if I can afford it. Well see.
  15. Registered User
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2874

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDee6 View Post
    Yes, dieting so strictly does suck, but still...
    Therein you have pointed out the innate problem with bodybuilding. We don't mind the hard work, the sweat drenched toils, the multiple meals a day, the constant cooking, even the incessant cardio....... but the FOOD, the taste bud embargo we endure is what pushes our brains into the outer limits of sanity.
  16. Registered User
    JayDee6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chillin with Jigsaw
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    274

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Therein you have pointed out the innate problem with bodybuilding. We don't mind the hard work, the sweat drenched toils, the multiple meals a day, the constant cooking, even the incessant cardio....... but the FOOD, the taste bud embargo we endure is what pushes our brains into the outer limits of sanity.
    LOL, exactly. One can only eat plain canned tuna or plain chicken breast for only so long before losing one's mind
    Advanced Muscle Science/Forerunner Labs Sponsored Athlete
  17. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas, United States
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Rep Power
    817

    Nasser El Sonbaty and I were discussing this. He said Dieting is hell on earth.

    Nuff said, but I still love it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 07:52 PM
  2. Help planning a spring anavar cycle
    By BigB29 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:03 PM
  3. Planning Cutter for next spring
    By mywetnightmares in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 12:13 AM
  4. starting spring ball...
    By choochoo60 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.