Hair Hair and more Hair

fisher300

Awards
Hey guys i am a fairly young bb (19) with no competition experience. I want to start competeing next year cause i do not feel truely ready yet. But I have one thing holding me back, i am a ver hair guy with it covering 99% or my legs, chest and forearms. If any one can give me some advice about a good method to remove hair ( iv tried shaveing and grew back so fast i had to do it the next day again). Any input would be great, thanks

Blackfish

Blackfish

Awards
I don't know what most guys do but...
Waxing is kind of pricey and painful but works well. Make sure they use the soft wax and not the paper strips! You'd need to go like once a month and it gets less painful and the hair grows back in lesser amounts after consistant waxing.
I wouldn't recommend trying to do a "home waxing" job... too painful.
Also, I'm a chic, so the only place I get waxed is ... um, sensitive.

Good luck.

Blackfish

Blackfish

Awards
sweet, ill look into that, thanks!!
no prob, again don't go anywhere that does the cloth strips! And also if you need to be anywhere within the next couple days where your body is going to be exposed just know your skin will be red and irritated after the first time for sure.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't recommend waxing . All the guys I know with a ton of hair that wax it get little cyst type bumps all over. It really looks worse than the hair.

You could try it to see how it works with your skin type and then go from there.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would avoid the wax. It is just way too painful. Also the veet type stuff is terrible too. It gave me a rash. How far out are you planning on doing it? Typically I just use a hair cut razor and then go back over it all with a shaving razor. Gets the job done for me. But it does grow back fast! I enjoy having my man hair though unless it needs to be gone

fisher300

Awards
it wont be until next summer until it need to be done, i was just looking into a way to remove this hair, im going to try waxing a small part and see how i respond to that, but i appreciate all the feedback =]]]]

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ha be ready for some pain bro! I did that one time and will never do it again. but eh you have plenty of time to experiment which way you like best. what competition will you be competing in? and what class?

Sergiu

Awards
I was about to say that if you want to wax, buy a bottle of whiskey and drink as you do it, but you're just 19. I just shave. I don't have much to shave in the first place.

cpiend4765

Awards
If you have some extra money to spend try laser

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any one ever use a product like this

it is a Norelco Body Groomer looks interesting but dont kno if it will actually work for below the belt.. personally this is what I use now

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
the norelco body groomer sucks if ur a rather hairy personally i do this trim with a hair cutting type machine.. then shave with bump stopper razor that leaves very little stubble and then go over it with a regular gillete razor.. smooth like a babys ass and use bump patrol after to prevent ingrowns =)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really wish there was an easy way of getting rid of hair :( Why did Epil Stop & Spray have to be a piece of crap product?

meyer

Awards
Definately best results with the shaver then razor method!

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I was about to say that if you want to wax, buy a bottle of whiskey and drink as you do it, but you're just 19. I just shave. I don't have much to shave in the first place.
Alcohol thins the blood. See 40 year old virgin and imagine a lot more blood.

Nobody has mentioned Nair. Is that stuff too toxic?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alcohol thins the blood. See 40 year old virgin and imagine a lot more blood.

Nobody has mentioned Nair. Is that stuff too toxic?
I've gotten tattoos with 10 shots and 8 beers in me, and didn't bleed that much.... not that I got hammered on purpose, was more just waiting on the tattoo artist shooting pool in a bar next door :)

nair sucks horribly. painful, kills the top layer of skin, and hard to get precisely right. so you still have to shave after.

jim623

My wife bought some hair removal stuff, similar to neet, nair, I used it on my stomach. It worked great, with no rash, burning, or stinging. I can't recall the name at the moment but I'll def. look tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
psh I nair my nuts all the time. good for birth control. :D

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
off season i just go with the trusty razor.. before a show, i shave with a brand new razor, and you use some kind of shave gel made for sensitive skin, and get my back waxed. ya, it's painful, or, i should say it hurts, painful sounds a bit extreme, and not terribly cheap, but the smoothness and time it takes to grow back is worth it..

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are indeed a better man than I, Kim!! I waxed once. NEVER again!!! I had no reason, other than that I shaved my back once and kinda have to keep on doing it now or else people try to shoot me during bear season here in PA. :lol: My wife convinced me to wax, and of course, she pulled the strips with the DIY kit. NEVER AGAIN!!! Get out the Wahl dog grooming shears, hun. It's that time of the month again! :trout:

jim623

Sally Hanson creme hair remover for face.

This stuff works good! It's for the face but as I said yesterday, I did use it on my stomach.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok, what type of razors are used?... i use my face razor for my legs and i get the bumps on my quads... hate it...

should i get a woman's razor?

and i like the idea about bump stoppage products... ill have to look into that

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wish I found the right answer... Been miserable so many times that i've pretty much given up. It isn't the pain of the removal, it's the pain once done. Naired my head once and thought I went through, Chernobyl.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
any one ever use a product like this

it is a Norelco Body Groomer looks interesting but dont kno if it will actually work for below the belt.. personally this is what I use now
I prefer the norelco body shaver. When I shave with a gillette, I get red bumps and ingrown hairs in places that get and stay sweaty, like chest, and the bend of my elbows. The norelco doesn't give me the red ingrown hairs since it doesn't cut as close as a straight razor. It gets it smooth enough, but for me, once a week is about all I need. It grows back quick yes, but I figured out it was entirely too much work to keep it baby butt smooth all the time, nearly impossible. Mow down the sweater with a typical hair clipper, get it short, then hit it with the norelco. Unless you are rubbing yourself down every day, the amount of stubble after 3 days won't take away the "look" of being shaved, meaning you can still see plenty of muscle definition. For a show, yes, you could shave up the night before and be fine.

keeper

Speaking from experience, lasering is won-der-ful. It's pricey, but if you can afford it, it's so worth it. I've seen the red bumps from waxing, usually on thighs and tummies. They are caused by ingrown hairs and can actually cause scarring. When you are done with your laser therapy, an occasional touch up may be necessary, but for the most part, no more hair to fight. And the skin is as soft and smooth as a baby's butt.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ive looked into lazering. It averages $3000-8000 pending amount of hair and bodypart size.
Its multiple sessions. One about every 4-6 months i think it was.
If i EVER have the extra cash i will be doing it. Maybe my legs at least.
I only shave my stomach and face. I use a womens bic disposable. I used to have issues but once you start doing it more and every 2-3 days then youre fine. Except my bellow belt area, it is just to sensitive and i get the bumps still.
Also consider how you are doing it. With the hair, against, side ways and speed. I use Body wash by Aveeno, not shave cream. Its all natural and leaves my skin in awesome condition.

I hate my hair.:twak:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Veet and a exfoliating glove, it's very very effective and simple and I am a pretty hairy guy. They even have a milder one for sensitive skin and it works just as good as the regular one. It doesn't burn but is very very cold when applied. It does not smell anywhere near as bad as these products used to.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
Look into the Tria. It's a DIY hair removal laser that is FDA approved. My wife and I love it. About 5 treatments on the highest setting, and the hair is gone for good.