John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Boom! the animal broke loose and ran free in to the jungle. Welcome to the jungle and my log getting ready for our very own Anabolicminds competition coming on Feb the first.

Right now I'm only able to train legs and right side of my body. Edit:Changed my diet from this see later in thread. this log improves as I can on. Remember this will not work for everyone , possibly similar bodytype as mine, this is just how my body works. There are some basic concepts you can learn though this log.

Currently I'm 235lbs and a high amount of body fat, to me anyways, remember Im looking my best on pics and video's.. Most of my jeans wont even fit my fat ass as there tighter than a fat man in a wife beater.(there tight) I have gone all natural for two years and five months,meaning non-hormonal, and gotten stronger than ever. All though food , heavy slag and weights. These newbies that want to try ph or ps are just cheating themselves because you can get big with food , heavy weights and sleeping.

If I have time I'll update in till than I'll update closer to competition time and hopefully train upper body.

Diet is like this
Day before training day 300 protein, 400 carbs , 80 fat..thats around three k's
Day of training 350 protein , 400 carbs, 80 fat

all other days 300 protein, 200 carbs, 60-70 fat(im just throwing out numbers here, This isn't said in stone) My goal for the next month is to lose five-six lbs of fat.

I train real intense (Dc training) and do cardio on my off days.

protein sources, boneless chicken, lean turkey, occasionally lean ground beef(beef and eggs have AA in them which can aggravate inflammation), fish, salmon , canned mackerel etc

carbohydrates- sweet potatoes, red potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, lots of veggies, I do carb cutoffs, fruit, oatmeal(sometimes for easy cals Ill eat fig bars or protein bars)

fats, Olive oil, fish oil, about 6-10 per day, natty peanut butter(also from the lean beef, eggs)

That's about it and will modify closer to contest time, like cut out fruits.

Supplements
Multi
whey protein
Green tea
Vitamin D
Calcium`
Vit C on days I did at least moderate physical work.
that's about it no creatine beta alanine,nac. I'll wait to be able to train upper body to include these.

I look about the same and haven't lost any size on upper body. I contribute this to keeping protein high.

Video of March 19th 2008 Start purple wrath - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got on scale today 234 lbs. and I haven't been eating cheat meals. All clean.

Today was

I count only one side where I put the weight so if I say 2 plates that means its 2 plates on each side making it 4 plates or 225 if it were on a barbell.

Nautilus Incline calve press 4 plates + 10=8x
(Dante's Pre-contest Calve training and after a year calve training)

Nautilus Incline Sumo Press 45+35=15x

Nautilus Incline Zane press(feet low and close together) 3 plates =13 x's. 3 plates +25= 8-12(I forget its in my log book)

than Stretches

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
in bud. keep it up glad to see you put up a log as well!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterdays calories were 3,400 ,325 P_just an example of diet. Today and tomorrows are lower calories, Protein is always at least 1-2 grams per lb of body weight,right now Im taking a lower approach since I am only doing lower body..emphases today is on lower carbs.

Today Abs, right pec concentrating on form and stretching, Thirty minutes low-moderate intensity cardio

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday calories were 2500. 300 p.Ill do the same amount today and go up to 3500 tomorrow to replenish glycogen stores for Saturday's intense training.

30 minutes low intensity cardio

10 minutes higher intensity.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today moderate then lower intensity cardio 15 minutes.

Calories just calculated them for today 290 P, 365 C, 85 F =Total 3,385

all clean (has been all week) I might do a eat whatever I want meal on Sunday and I might wait. Mm chocolate cake, tgi fridays wings, cheesecake...mmmm

Since I have this competition coming up I'm going to keep calories lower. Yes this is lower for me. Tomorrow is Legs (that's all I can work currently basically, except for my right side)

Better get to bed I'm already late to bed.

Last edited:
SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
yeah, Smeton, I wish you luck - don't forget to post photos when you have participated.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet 325 P, 250 C 75 f 3,375 k's

Donkey Calve (on Smythe) 230 - 8 x's

Lying Lweg curls 140-10-4-3

Barbell full Squats 195-10 x, 235 -6 x's
Half-squat I got parallel on a couple reps)305 -8' x's

ham stertch

quad stretch

Tomorrow is a rest day. Just relaxing.

I have eaten all clean (except at nights when I get cheese out of the fridge) I might eat a n eat whatever I want meal tomorrow . the Plan is to just relax, maybe watch a movie and take it easy.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today I didn't count I just relaxed::cool:

I ate a super sonic cheese burger with a root beer shake(vanilla ice cream and root beer) The rest basically all clean. I allowed some slack.

Protein high.

My legs are fried. Time for bed. Night

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
SUBd!

I guess you are gonna be somebody I gotta worry about on Feb. 1st, competition makes me work harder!!! Hope the elbow heals up soon man, I would go :fool2:CRAZY:aargh: if I couldn't do upper body.

P.S. What do you do for your leg routine??? I checked out your video and they are def. one of your strong points, your back too.

My legs suck:sad:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SUBd!

I guess you are gonna be somebody I gotta worry about on Feb. 1st, competition makes me work harder!!! Hope the elbow heals up soon man, I would go :fool2:CRAZY:aargh: if I couldn't do upper body.

P.S. What do you do for your leg routine??? I checked out your video and they are def. one of your strong points, your back too.

My legs suck:sad:
Your Damn right you'd better work hard! Thank you! Yeah I can feel my manliness has gone down some(the alpha feeling) since I stopped doing upper body, I'll get it back when this elbow heals' although I haven't lost any size. This is due to the fact of high protein. We'll see how much strength is lost when I get back into it, I do expect muscle memory to kick in.

You'll see it in this log. I'm still doing Dc training, even though upper body is not part of the equation.

Start doing barbell squats, hack squats, smythe squats , leg presses and train like someone has a gun to your head. Serious.

Today did right shrugs, right incline press, and right rear delt(all weak points) and cardio calories are 2.5k-3k and low activity today.

Calories day were 2.5 k 250 p, 250 C and 75 F. this is low for me and am only doing this like this this out to get my body fat low. Again the day before training days and the day of training days calories are 3.5-4k.(again I'm not doing much physcial work, other than the cardio done and workouts) If I start a job working eight hours physical work per day i 'll up to however much I have too. these calories feel odd because I've been used 4 k a day or more. Then, again experienced bodybuilders say when you do your first competition it forces you to do your best!

Last edited:
TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ill trade you my torso for your legs :D I have excellent strength, just not the mass to equal my strength

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Abs and twenty minutes cardio.

2,600 k 290 P , 200 C, 70 f

tomorrow the plan is 400 carbs, high protein...getting ready for Thursday training. The reason I'm only hitting legs once this week is because I've been hitting them twice every day and feel like I needed a break so it's one time this week. I bet I lost a couple lbs this week..we'll see I only weigh once every two weeks or a month. Normally i weigh at the beginning of my training routine and at the end, when I take a break , because I'm doing this show it's more often to gauge progress.

I know I have lost some lbs because
1. My calories are lower . With low calories like this the body has no choice to lose. Just like it has no choice to not grow when you lift heavy weights, it's forced.

Last edited:
SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Smeton, keep the good work up. Have you already lost a pound or two?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, Smeton, keep the good work up. Have you already lost a pound or two?
Spargel I only weigh every 2-4 weeks when doing a competition because I don't like to get into the compulsive-obsessive mindset of Oh I lost a lb this week so I better eat more, or I gained 3 lbs so i better do more volume. and during non contest time I weigh the first day of my blast and the last day of my blast.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fifteen minutes cardio.

got in carbs(all clean) 450 C, 230 p, 75 f=3,400k

Tomorrow I plan to work my muscles intense.

Leg press calves(I think)
Good mornings(which kills my hams)
Smythe squats

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Spargel I only weigh every 2-4 weeks when doing a competition because I don't like to get into the compulsive-obsessive mindset of Oh I lost a lb this week so I better eat more, or I gained 3 lbs so i better do more volume. and during non contest time I weigh the first day of my blast and the last day of my blast.
Thanks, bud.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today I tore some muscle.

Leg press calves 170-9 x's

Good mornings (wide stance)25 lbs- 15x's, 45 x's 8 or so(in log book)

p.s. here are my stance options I go by
Super close
close
normal(shoulder width)
wide
super wide(the widest you can do, this takes a lot of getting used to, if you can pull it off more power to you)

Smythe squats (wide stance)(full squats , meaning ass to grass no stopping parrell type ****, which is okay if your a powerlifter or focusing on quad size, I just prefer ass to the floor because it works your hammies and is safer on the knee's than stopping.) 45+25+25=13 x's

Than I wasn't looking bumped my hard on a metal squat bar and went down. I have a small knot on my forehead.

Than 45+45+25+5=2 or 3 (I was so exhausted and lost count or maybe it was bumping my head pretty hard, one of the guys asked if it was bleeding, I had a bandanna on so i dotn sweat all over the gym, it was loud and I went down without thinking about it, no biggie just a minor bump, iced it all night, on and off

Calories 335 p, 260 C 63 F- Im guessing 3K im not counting time for bed.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
30 minutes cardio. right rear delt, right db shrug, and flexing my chest hard(no weights) and right pec dec

Calories Im not counting everything is healthy. I ate subway today and man was it good. Wheat bread,toasted, roasted chicken, , cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, green peppers, mustad, and onion's.

just for the hell of it because all i've done is legs .....my upper quads measured 29.5 (and if anything it's tighted on the tape measure) these are the biggest they've been. Four years ago I got them up to 28.5, never this big though.I'm not that strong though...I seem to get bigger than most my companions without being stronger, except for my old training partner that is black weighs the same as me currently, the same height or an inch taller, and he must have those west african genetics. We have talked about him following my Dc program coming up. We used to train six years ago to about two years ago together all the time trying to better one another it was always a push and pull,...He beats me on biceps and he has genetic peak , he tells me he devloped it by doing cable curls... I'm open minded and willing to try his rotuine and it might bring the peak up some, ultimately I think it's genetic more than anything,, and my triceps beat his, always have. anyways im not going to get into comparing he has his strong points and I have mine. I'm going to brag..I'm pretty good for a white-boy if I do say so myself=)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
15 minutes cardio. Calories 3k. 300 protein.

I have no real contest prep experience. I do know how to get down to lower body-fat levels but have never gotten ripped. I'm experimenting with my diet and seeing how my body reacts. As far as I know my body I can get away with a higher carbs than some(Layne Norton goes down to like 150 or less , While Jim Cordova goes into a contest eating 300). I start a diet I'm going to try out Monday. (and remember you change diet if you work outside in 95 degree weather all day long verses sitting inside all day) I have to find how my body works best for me to give a top performance. Since I'm a some what big guy I'm going to try out
300 P per day(and I'll ramp it up to 400-500, when I can train upper body)
200 carbs
150 Fats
I could be off , this is just me analyzing my body and how it responds. I'm basically going off of no experience here, except when I would do "cutters", and waste precious muscle back when I could have just kept body fat in check and I would I have been a lot bigger, after all these years, I learned a very valuable lesson=). Chad Nichols is great at contest prep I hear. It's going to be a fun journey figuring this out!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I either got food poison or a virus from touching the treadmill(always wipe off before and after or someone whom I talk too.

I haven't eaten all day and don't want too. Hopefully this doesn't go around bad like back in Feb..I hope everyone in the world has perfect health.I'm not training this week and I'll post when I'm training again. out

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It has to be food poisoning (Wendy's 99 chicken sandwich wasn't done right, analyzing back.)and I'm not throwing up.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
If you're not throwing up it's not food poisoning!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTzKcQ-zGlM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTzKcQ-zGlM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm over it and gave myself two days of rest. light eating. and Ive been enjoying not eating as much as I normally do. and eating what i want for a couple days.I let a person working at Wendy's know. I cant pinpoint but i think it was Wendy's because I didn't throw up. Food posion you don't know up. i got a case of type 1 salmonella. Today was my first day working my right side...(I haven't done upper body in six months)
45 degree incline DB press 60 lbs-10--5-2
chest stretch 20 lbs 1:00
Life fitness shoulder press machine 10 lbs 12-6-6
shoulder stretch 1:00
one arm underhand cable push down 15 lbs 12-6-7
20 lbs triceps stretch 1:00
life fitness chin assist widest handle 175 lbs-8-6-6
stretch 175 lbs (assisted) 1:00

also here's a Video I recorded a lil while ago. Breakdown on diet and supplements Ill be using contest prep.I forgot to mention creatine and beta alanine. No creatine in till arm heals. If My arm isnt fully healing well I'm just keeping things open im not saying I'm going to to withdraw and not saying I'm going to compete. Might as well learn how to upload to youtube so here it is.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardio is on non-lifting days 3 days per week of low -moderate intensity cardio, 15 minutes.Cutting Diet started today and right on 355 P, 200 C, and 140 F.. I'm light headed from the higher reps today and took a nap afterward I was so tired. Weighed today at 233.

Seated alternate dumbbell curl 20 lbs- 13x's(Im only do one ss on upper body untill i can use both hands)

Reverse wrist curl 10 lbs-20x's

Incline Nautilus calve press (Dc pre-contest calves) 3 plates and 25-5 x's (did these and all leg exercises in my chucks and this made them more difficult than NB, next time will have to lower weight)

Incline Nautilus Sumo Press 1 plate and 25- 20 x's

Incline Nautilus Zane press 2 plates and 25=15
2 plates - 20 x's
quad stretch 1:00
ham stretch 1:00

Man did I lighten up but damn does it feel awesome and tiring to be doing these high reps

Man just out of curiously measured my arms, left ,the one that was injured, was 16 and right 16.5. Three months ago my friend Sticks measured them and they were both over 17. The only exercise I was doing for upper body were Deadlifts for three months , and I cut them out three months ago,man my arms have shrunk in two-three months. and upper legs are 29.5. ive got a lot of creative work to do when i can train my upper body again.

(I just started the right side a couple weeks ago so this has to be the reason of the 0.5 difference because my arms have always been even. At there biggest when I was 23 18.5 and quads were 28.5 at the time[proud to say at that time I have not used any hormonal product and was 230 than, I used biotest tribex that summer]) anyways Im not gonna to worry. It'll take as much time as needed to heal up fully and I'm confident I'll add size when I get back at full upper body.

Last edited:
jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
I'm over it and gave myself two days of rest. light eating. and Ive been enjoying not eating as much as I normally do. and eating what i want for a couple days.I let a person working at Wendy's know. I cant pinpoint but i think it was Wendy's because I didn't throw up. Food posion you don't know up. i got a case of type 1 salmonella. Today was my first day working my right side...(I haven't done upper body in six months)
45 degree incline DB press 60 lbs-10--5-2
chest stretch 20 lbs 1:00
Life fitness shoulder press machine 10 lbs 12-6-6
shoulder stretch 1:00
one arm underhand cable push down 15 lbs 12-6-7
20 lbs triceps stretch 1:00
life fitness chin assist widest handle 175 lbs-8-6-6
stretch 175 lbs (assisted) 1:00

also here's a Video I recorded a lil while ago. Breakdown on diet and supplements Ill be using contest prep.I forgot to mention creatine and beta alanine. No creatine in till arm heals. If My arm isnt fully healing well I'm just keeping things open im not saying I'm going to to withdraw and not saying I'm going to compete. Might as well learn how to upload to youtube so here it is.

YouTube - Before contest preperation
Nice man! I got the intra-aid and uni-liver too!

Looks like you got your shyt together.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20 minutes cardio all cardio is incline treadmill also very light walking my dog I don't count that though.

2,905 290 P, 200 C, 105 F

today was a non training day fats could have been higher to bump calorie intake up. Trail and error. Tomorrow I make sure I get in my cals because its a weight training day.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My recovery abilities have been dragging and I'm taking the next couple weeks and downsizing volume, Ill up it back again when I can train normally. For those who don't know I can only training my right side and legs.

So I'm basically doing Dc training with strait sets (ss) and no stretching , except chest and back,right arm only,and a shrug ,in till left arm is fully healed, than it's on Dc two way split.

Wednesday
Low incline press 60 lbs- 12x's
chest stretch 20 lb db 1:00

Important note *I don't care anymore how much weight I did 105 lbs 6 x's in March and feel it more in the muscle, screw how much i can lift I'm a bodybuilder not a joint destroyer and I'll keep getting stronger, I'm just re-learning after six years to do it right and work the muscle*

head against 90 degree bench, facing the bench db press 25 lbs-15x's

incline db tri extension 20lbs-20 x's

one arm db row 60 lbs 10 x's

db shrug 60-12

pullup (assisted) 175 lbs 15

Nutrition has been great havent cheated once.

Today

op cable bicep curls 15 lbs-20 x's

hammer curl 15 lbs- 20 x's

leg press calves 70 lbs-10

leg curl 95 lbs -20

Smith super close grip footing (45 and 45)=7 x's

today I increased carbs by like 50 grams because I did some increase physcial activity(work not sex dang gonnit)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I added in some Apple Cider vinegar yesterday. just goggle it it has a whole host of benefits and I recommend for anyone. It is also good for arthritis. I'm about to hit some cardio for twenty minutes. Diet has been all clean.

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I added in some Apple Cider vinegar yesterday. just goggle it it has a whole host of benefits and I recommend for anyone. It is also good for arthritis. I'm about to hit some cardio for twenty minutes. Diet has been all clean.
Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive feedback we've received over the past 8 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous. They include cures for allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. One reader reported that a shot of ACV saved him from going to the emergency room for heart pain. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has high blood pressure under control in two weeks!

Indeed:thumbsup:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive feedback we've received over the past 8 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous. They include cures for allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. One reader reported that a shot of ACV saved him from going to the emergency room for heart pain. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has high blood pressure under control in two weeks!

Indeed:thumbsup:
O yeah i know it'll help because I used it back in 06 and felt great healthiness. Diet is on the button. Something that has improved recovery is Universal's Intra-aid, great tasting , great recovery product.

If I change my diet I'll update other-wise its the same.

Pec Fly machine 55 lbs- to failure
Chest stretch 20 lbs- 1:00

Behind back cable raises 5lbs-15x's

Cable over the head triceps 10 lbs 25 x's

incline db row 60 lbs-12 x's

shrugs 65 lbs 15 x's

Neck work left and right right hanging off bench 10 lbs- 20 x's each side

closegip pullup 175 lbs 17 x's
Back hang 175lbs 1:00

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
calories 3,000 right now. Im not taking in as much as I would be if I could do full body. Im hitting legs and right side of my body.

Got a cortisol shot today. I asked my Doc if I could lift with this arm, he said come back in a month.

I might try some exercises if I'm confident my arm wont hurt. its pretty sore after this ****. My tricep tendons could be tore, Hopefully not. The golfers elbow has pretty much cleared my tricep tendon right below the elbow pops real loud when I flex it back.

If may have been torn a while.(two-three years Ive been having trouble) Many bodybuilders careers are over when injuries like these occur. Torn tricep makes the muscle way smaller. Sergio Olivia tore his and still he had humongous triceps. Most people don't have the genetics to pull off something like this. once something is torn. Bad news. At least i found out though and I can work on rehabbing the tricep tendons. icing the, creams.

I asked the doctor if he would give me a cortisone shot in my elbow. He wouldn't give me one in the triceps because its very possible it would damage my tendons. I think its a tricep tendon right under the elbow. it pops real loud. Ill have to do a video coming up soon.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
coming soon.... camera memory is full.I have to save these, then film.

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJZUS8IfCQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

forgot to mention weight 240 right now. also forgot to mention I gained 10 lbs on creatine in two weeks before I was even eating remotely for gains. I went from 175-185 in two weeks.Haven't took creatine for months now.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yep. I did the creatine load. like 25 grams a day for a week or so. i forget its been so long. Again a good creatine mono source and you can't go wrong, just do the research which brands are best.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As of yesterday 237 lbs. this is surprising, since I started doing one arm training (my good arm) my weight jumped 5 lbs in a month.

Thoughts
I over did it in the past and this is the effect. High reps for me from now on. Whenever deads are done again I can get away with lower reps on these and on squats. Some people may thinking I'm crazy for stopping to train legs , I have my reasons.
1. There a genetic bodypart that has always been good sized and I basically don't have to do any special techniques or shock stuff, they respond by getting huge just by normal training.
2. too big in proportion to my other body parts
3. outgrown all my pants
4. outgrown all my boxer's
5. when I walk it's almost getting funny

edit changed mind may just go lighter on legs who knows I change my mind a lot when i get new information

Last edited:
John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay/ Tomorrow I start doing my pre-contest cardio. 45 minutes first thing in the morning on non-weight training days. im going to add in caffeine in the morning to get me going along with green tea, and tyrosine. I don't like to do caffeine too much for too long so cycle it very sparingly. Last time I used was six months ago.

off days tyrosine and gt.

training is still on a cruise. Still rehabbing . I so want to bust out intensity I feel my aggression building up at time and have to control it. after you've been weightlifting intensely for years and you go light or stop something happens to the body causing you to feel like a monster. I feel like Im on something . having outbursts, and feel like superman.My sex drive is insane. when i train real intense its no-where this high. I figure I might as well put some much needed cardio in there. get the cardio high if I'm not going to get the intensity.

other than that things are good Im still eating fruit, nutella, and some things some people may disagree with pre-contest, Im a noob to pre-conest though. Were about ten weeks out.

I don't know if I'll be able to use the 11-oxo I bought because of the injury. its no use to use unless I'm completely healed. alright time for bed I stayed up long enough now

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
did 45 minutes cardio. and did way more aftewards, grocery shopping, cleaning house. i had so much energy today. it was almost effortless whereas most days when i dont take a stim it takes more effort.Eating all whole good meals today. It feels good. MMm Garlic Salmon here I come...red potatoes and spectrum extra virgin coconut oil with a whole head of fresh broccoli.(and maybe some olive oil-extra virgin the dark bottle-that's the best!)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was relax day and higher carb. Being honest with myself ten weeks out Ive been dieting for six weeks now and have just upped cardio. I think I should have given myself at least 20 weeks out , if not 25 weeks out, due to the fact
1.I have no experience doing contest competition.
2. the longer you have the less drastic changes you can make and hold on to more muscle.

so its best to diet longer. said by a scivation pro "When you diet for a longer amount of time, you do need to resist making changes too soon; Doing too much, too soon, can be just as bad as not dieting long enough."

I still have ten weeks and really all that needs to be lost is my lower abs. I have gotten them real lean before. It takes momentum for my body though once my body starts gaining it doesn't like to adapt and it takes effort on my part. same with the reverse once my fat starts losing fat it does this well and I have to work hard at gaining momentum so i do have some experience as far as getting lean, in about the condition Im aiming for Ive been there, so this provides some releif that Ive been there before and I feel relief and no pressure from it. I'll have to go beyond that though to come in hard and dry. (water manipulation) and Ive never done this before soo first thing for everything. im not doing any diuretics I got lucky and learned from a contest prep trainer some basic stuff by manipulating carbs, sodium and water intake to come in a balance of dry and hard.

also I'm coming into this contest not being able to train heavy on upper body, unless it heals up, which i expect it to get better and hopefully fully heal. i expected it to be better already and its not. I'm not using by 11-oxo if my rehab isn't completed. no use to. I do have the size, due to past heavy lifting, and legs and that's working my favor.