Cardio/protein during depletion
- 05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
- 05-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I would say increased so you really target the glycogen stores , HIIT depletes them real nice , but its easier to go with just High intensity cardio. Yes theres nothing wrong with getting higher protein and fats to make up for the calories from carbs.>SNS-Glycophase<Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
05-13-2012, 02:31 AM
I'd keep your cardio constant and just change the dietary variable. As mentioned above, HIIT does a great job of glycogen depletion. So does high volume resistance training. On the dietary side...personally, I'd bump the protein up a little while depleting carbs, but still keep calories at or below the level you were prior to the depletion.
Pain is just weakness leaving the body...
05-13-2012, 05:20 PM
I completely agree with Burlyman. I run a carb cycle with every competition I do, when you deplete glycogen by removing carbs, add protein and fats to replace the missing calories. You want to spare as much muscle loss as possible. (Plus, no carbs = no energy) add some fats to get that energy back
Similar Forum Threads
- By cfail in forum Bodybuilding Contest PreperationReplies: 8Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
- By Jonbero in forum SupplementsReplies: 81Last Post: 04-05-2012, 12:29 PM
- By jdhil90 in forum Weight LossReplies: 10Last Post: 06-27-2010, 08:22 AM
- By saafanco in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
- By julius kelp in forum Weight LossReplies: 10Last Post: 10-06-2005, 07:09 PM