prep pics at 39 days - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

prep pics at 39 days

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

This is what i aspire to look like, you're ripped to the max.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Well didn't place top three. Physique isnt my thing and I'll be sticking to bodybuilding the next time I compete. It's definitely gonna be a while though as I'd like to I bring my leg mass back to where it was since its been a bit drained during this dieting.

Post contest diet has been pretty lax. I've filled back out. I'm back up to 158 and 5% bodyfat. New diet "goals" (should I be able to stave off the inner fat kid) are C 320, P 240, F 107. This is all based on current RMR and TEE calculated with the Katch McArtle formula. I was actually able to crush legs hard yesterday finally with my new found energy. 6 heavy working sets of squats, 5 heavy sets of front squats, 5x12 Romanians and 5 heavy sets standing calves. I literally fell into my drivers seat haha.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.

Good work none the less, enjoy the summer bro
    Truth
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Contest pics are in! I fell in behind the two guys that tied for 2nd.

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.

You should be proud bro!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    LORD'S GYM - THE SIN OF THE WORLD - BENCH PRESS THIS! Rom 5:8
  6. New Member

Superior conditioning bro, without question. Your back looks SICK!!! Obviously in an awesome way. Its a shame that physique doesn't let YOU showcase those quads (saw em a few posts back)!

Best of luck with your next show!
  7. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Congrats on the placing man! Might not have been what you wanted, but subjectivity is a tough thing. Keep up the hard work and keep us updated as you move towards bodybuilding.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

Stick to bb bro. You'll got a good frame on you. You should do fine in some local shows. You look like you know how to get in good condition
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Hey thanks guys! Yeah I'm definitely going to compete again in October in lightweight BB. I'm already back up 23 (173) pounds now that I'm eating carbs and I'm still as of a few days ago only 5%. I had an idea that things would turn out this way, and I always said I wouldnt mind losing for looking too good. Turns out I was not totally correct. Losing is still losing lol. No big deal though. Learned a lot from this show too and it'll make me unstoppable for the real deal. Definitely not looking forward to cutting all the way back down to 154 though! Ole girl may not be patient enough to stick around for a third round Hahahhaa!
  10. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Ye bro i agree with sum of the other guys your prob gonna have point deductions for being to muscular. Now I could be wrong and sum of your size comes off before show then ull be fine. Im doing my first show in Sept and I'm tryn hard to feel in those lower abs .But anyway man You look great, I'd jus pack on 20lbs and enter BB'n show Good luck!!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  203 lbs.

THANK YOU!

I read your inerview and I want to THANK YOU for your service, Soldier!

(If I could salute you I would)
    Last edited by funcouser; 07-10-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: He already did the contest (I replied to an earlier post)
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by funcouser
    I read your inerview and I want to THANK YOU for your service, Soldier!

(If I could salute you I would)
    Thanks for your support. I have a lot of respect for those that appreciate what the military does.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

How did you place in the competition? What did the judges say they were looking for?
    I'm 5 1/2 weeks out for the Europa and I'm doing physique as well?
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Came in behind the two guys that tied for second. Was too dry, lean, and muscular. It's not a good idea to do a bodybuilding prep when competing in physique lol.
  15. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by burnstacp
    Came in behind the two guys that tied for second. Was too dry, lean, and muscular. It's not a good idea to do a bodybuilding prep when competing in physique lol.
    Dude being told your too dry, lean and muscular is a complement. Now get ready to smash up some BB shows
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Oh I agree completely. I just would have rather it been "you're too awesome but you win anyway" lol. A little advice for upcoming competitors, don't prep for a physique contest like it's a bodybuilding contest.
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Oh I agree completely. I just would have rather it been "you're too awesome but you win anyway" lol. A little advice for upcoming competitors, don't prep for a physique contest like it's a bodybuilding contest.
    With that being said, what would have done different?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Water restriction and dehydration is not necessary unless trying to make a weight class, which you don't in physique. Yes, you want minimal subQ water, but no need to dry out like you might for a BB contest. You honestly shouldn't really restrict water at all except the day of so your stomach is empty. As long as your diet is in check you shouldn't need top mess with water and sodium manipulation. With as lean as I was and as carb depleted as I was, I should have had a much stronger carb load starting that Wednesday and drank as much water as possible up through Friday night. By this time anyone competing should have experimented enough to know what foods cause them to bloat or hold water in areas they'd rather they didn't. For me sour patch kids worked awesome during my experiments and caused me to blow up and filled my muscle bellies out like no other. Unfortunately I kind of chickened out and didn't use this for the contest. I went a little bit different route for some reason, but I definitely should have stuck with what I knew works. Once you start to see striations appear on a few body parts you're pretty much ready as far as leanness goes. From there you should eat the absolute most clean calories you can to maintain where you're at, but no more. This will make sure you have more energy and if you're diet was too extreme and has caused you to string out then this should hopefully help refill somewhat.

There are quite a few other things I'm sure, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I'm more than happy to answer anyone's questions and give advice based on my experiences. The main thing is to realize different things work for different people.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I understand what you mean. I have a friend who is thinking about physique and he asked me for help and I was like ummmm uhhhh, lol not too sure on how it works.

I my self may give 1 show a try. There's one in LA 9 weeks post bodybuilding show im doing 3 weeks. I paid for an NPC card, may as well use it lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Yeah man you might as well. Your conditioning should be spot on still, and depending on how you look for your BB show, all you really need to do is soften up a little and make sure you're well hydrated. It also depends on your state and what the judges prefer, but that lean, dense, "bubbly" look seems to be what they look for. If you look like an anatomy drawing where they peel the skin off the body, you'll probably place, but not win.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

10 days out from my physique show!
    What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

From what I can see you are right where you need to be man! Maintain what you have and you should do very well. Leanness is good but not too much. You don't seem flat and your abs are popping. Good job!
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

From what I can see you are right where you need to be man! Maintain what you have and you should do very well. Leanness is good but not too much. You don't seem flat and your abs are popping. Good job!
    Ok here is a better picture from this morning! Right when I woke up!
    I'm competing in the largest show in Texas! Us with it being a national qualifier the competition is gonna be tough!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  24. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex08

Ok here is a better picture from this morning! Right when I woke up!
    I'm competing in the largest show in Texas! Us with it being a national qualifier the competition is gonna be tough!
    Christ..... give this Guy a reason to post a pic with no shirt he's all over it!... its indecent! Put some cloathing on u animal

Looking good !!
    Do we have the Texas champ right here on AM!
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Yeah dude you look good. Work on your posing and smiling. Smiling was probably the hardest thing for me so my girlfriend was in the crowd and she'd scream stuff out to make me laugh. Definitely helped. Make sure you know how to stand to bring out your best assets for each turn.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by murk01

Christ..... give this Guy a reason to post a pic with no shirt he's all over it!... its indecent! Put some cloathing on u animal

Looking good !!
    Do we have the Texas champ right here on AM!
    Damn right! I've never had abs in my life until now, I'm gonna show crap off! Lol

And it's gonna be pretty cool when I can put IFBB PRO next to BigTex lol

Yeah dude you look good. Work on your posing and smiling. Smiling was probably the hardest thing for me so my girlfriend was in the crowd and she'd scream stuff out to make me laugh. Definitely helped. Make sure you know how to stand to bring out your best assets for each turn.
    Yeah that was 430am I don't smile that early in the morning! Lol
    But thanks for the advice bud! I'll definitely work on the smiling
  27. New Member

I was wondering if I would have a better chance in physique or bodybuilding? Everybody here seems pretty knowledgable. I've never trained pure aesthetics, just for football and powerlifting

Name:  image-3659859156.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  572.2 KB
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Stats and more pics would be better. Height/weight usually tells quite a bit. Regardless, bodybuilding has weight classes. It's really up to you, how much time you can devote, and how intense your prep is going to be.
  29. New Member

Alright I'll post more pics. But I'm about 5'8" 185
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

You look pretty lean as it is. You could do middle weight and try to come in around the upper portion of your weight class. I think the cutoff is around 176.5. Just diet slow and smart in order to preserve as much mass as possible and come in as close as you can to the top.
  31. New Member

Alright cool. Thanks for the advice. Definitely helpful. I have a PL meet October 20 at 181 so 176 won't be a far stretch!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:44 PM
  4. 15 Days in Oxyguno- Before and After Pics
    By bigbeasta4 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 04:22 PM
  5. Quick video of posing/pics 11 days out