Evan's 17 Weeks out, from NPC Pittsburgh. Teen.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    From judging in his picture is why I say the red meat is ok, I fully understand where you are coming from.

    Yeah pro cards, it's his first time. That's why I suggest keeping sodium in check especially at the 4 week mark or 'crunch time', sodium means water retention, if you're not used to dieting keeping the water off helps you get a better gauge of your body. I also know of guys who used a sodium load a few days before a show and come in diced, however they are under supervision of guys who know exactly what they're doing & meeting with the contests on a daily basis.

    I also know what you mean, but we don't have to over complicate things. He shouldnt be eating massive amounts of salt now, and judging by his picture like you said; he doesnt look bloated. Therefore, if he keeps doing what hes doing he will be fine. No use changing sodium levels at 4 weeks

    I respect what you're saying but, IMO, keeping it as simple as possible for your first show when you don't have a coach.
    I also know what you mean, but we don't have to over complicate things. He shouldnt be eating massive amounts of salt now, and judging by his picture like you said; he doesnt look bloated. Therefore, if he keeps doing what hes doing he will be fine. No use changing sodium levels at 4 weeks

    I also agree with the asparagus, that stuff is the bomb on the grill. It's a good way to mix up your bland diet!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    Still at 8 weeks, I'd try and keep the red meat in there. Should help with your strength and overall well being. You can cut it in about 3 weeks (plus it's harder to digest so some may give you a little bloated belly look)

    On top of that when you move to chicken it's a cut in calories. I'd also watch the tuna intake bc of the sodium, not a big issue right now but as you move closer, like the 4 week mark. I'd def watch sodium.

    Asparagus is a good green veggie, has a slight diuretic effect and when steamed with some spray butter is pretty tasty IMO.
    I keep red meat up to the show. The last week.. all I eat is red meat.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

    I keep red meat up to the show. The last week.. all I eat is red meat.
    Yeah I have a friend who thats all he eats during his contest prep, but you two are both seasoned vets ;-)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  4. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I keep red meat up to the show. The last week.. all I eat is red meat.
    What's cuts of meat do you eat during prep?


  5. If the calories are right you can get away with red meat easily. I prefer to get more cals from carbs for energy. I am currently 5 weeks out now and man oh man I can't wait to crush some steak! (stomach growling) haha literally
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20
    If the calories are right you can get away with red meat easily. I prefer to get more cals from carbs for energy. I am currently 5 weeks out now and man oh man I can't wait to crush some steak! (stomach growling) haha literally
    The joys of being hungry for literally 12 weeks straight! Lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    The joys of being hungry for literally 12 weeks straight! Lol
    Distilled, I wish it was 12! I had 25 pounds to lose so I wanted to lose it slow to preserve LBM. It's been 10 weeks exactly today and I got 5 more left! haha, no cheats, re-feeds, carb ups.. Nothin. I did however have 8 Pepsi maxes yesterday

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20

    Distilled, I wish it was 12! I had 25 pounds to lose so I wanted to lose it slow to preserve LBM. It's been 10 weeks exactly today and I got 5 more left! haha, no cheats, re-feeds, carb ups.. Nothin. I did however have 8 Pepsi maxes yesterday
    Slow and steady, I like your style & the Pepsi Max ;-) that & diet dew is how I roll!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  9. Bro, no doubt. Have to throw in some coke zero to spruce things up lol. At sam's club they have 12 packs of pepsi max for 1.35$ (once they were gone deal was over). I shoulda bought the whole pallet!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20
    Bro, no doubt. Have to throw in some coke zero to spruce things up lol. At sam's club they have 12 packs of pepsi max for 1.35$ (once they were gone deal was over). I shoulda bought the whole pallet!
    What?!?! Heck yeah you should have, would have probably only set you back like $40 too lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  11. Sirlion or flank steak is the leanest. Sirlion is cheaper though.

  12. Evandem: Get your A$$ back in here man. You're 5 weeks out. Lets see how everything is progressing. Hell, maybe you can convince me to do a show in the near future.
    Need2 Transformation Progress http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/167648-legacyfighters-needtobuildmuscle-contest.html

  13. How's it goin, man? Any updates?

  14. gl w/ ur goal
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Evan's sleeping with 3Z!!
    By evandem27 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-31-2009, 12:37 AM
  3. Looking for Johnny Forearms (Pittsburgh)
    By BB12 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 02:39 PM
  4. Looking for TRT Dr. Pittsburgh/Cleveland area
    By crankyballs in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
  5. Evan Tanner!
    By UNCfan1 in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Log in
Log in