Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Epic fat burner, pushing to get this into NP for black Friday. Hurricane set us back a bit though....still trying.
yup..sandy did some damage!!!

any hints on why it's epic?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why it's epic? BPS made it, fool!

Jk:stooges: BulkPerf will be releasing a full writeup very very soon. Keep your eyes pealed for the next week or two. There are some BIG BIG things coming from BPS that are going to make a lot of people very happy. Vanillean is just the tip of the iceberg.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From the other thread, since it went by pretty quick:

A partial ingredients list

Raspberry Ketones
Zingerone
Vanillin
Capsaicin
Carvacrol
Allyl Isothiocyanate
Black Pepper Extract

So you can expect lots of heat, vasodilation and fatty acid mobilization, not to mention increased insulin sensitivity as a secondary effect. And still more yet to be seen!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Raspberry Ketones
Zingerone
Vanillin
Capsaicin
Carvacrol
Allyl Isothiocyanate
Black Pepper Extract

So you can expect lots of heat, vasodilation and fatty acid mobilization, not to mention increased insulin sensitivity as a secondary effect. And still more yet to be seen!
zingerone, i think i tried that in an e-pharm product-good stuff!!!

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards

Raspberry Ketones
Zingerone
Vanillin
Capsaicin
Carvacrol
Allyl Isothiocyanate
Black Pepper Extract

I can't wait! I'm gunna run it with a peptide stack and log it! Or maybe run an epic BPS only stack.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Yep. The plan, from what I understand, is that the release for this will hopefully coincide with NP's black friday sale. I know Sandy set us back a bit, but I'm still hoping!
me too man. I have some cash set aside to buy a sweet stack and I have my eye on some goodies at nutraplanet.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
holy sh*t I am like a little kid!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Vanillean will be ready next week!!!
of course you will want thebigt stamp of approval....

bigt don't know much, but he sure nows his stims, lol.

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Is this a transdermal?

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I'm in, this stuff looks awesome and is a good replacement for HEAT stack. Any loggers or testers in because I'm down :)

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I'm in, this stuff looks awesome and is a good replacement for HEAT stack. Any loggers or testers in because I'm down :)
No word yet but you know BPS loves to give out stuff to be logged.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow!!! what an amazing coincidence...i love to recieve stuff to be logged!!!!:smileeek:

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
indeed :clap2:

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Oh I know bubba, your "spread the love" policy is a honored tradition :notworthy:...I wouldn't have asked if that wasn't the case.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=20577883

GEB-H, mainly as a result of the action of 4-hydroxybenzaldehyde and vanillin, reduces insulin resistance by decreasing fat accumulation in adipocytes by activating fat oxidation and potentiating leptin signaling in diet-induced obese rats

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010 Apr;18(4):780-7. doi: 10.1038/oby.2009.301. Epub 2009 Oct 1.
[h=1]Dietary capsaicin reduces obesity-induced insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis in obese mice fed a high-fat diet.[/h]Kang JH, Goto T, Han IS, Kawada T, Kim YM, Yu R.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Obesity-induced inflammation contributes to the development of obesity-related metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, and cardiovascular disease. In this study, we investigated whether dietary capsaicin can reduce obesity-induced inflammation and metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis. Male C57BL/6 obese mice fed a high-fat diet for 10 weeks received a supplement of 0.015% capsaicin for a further 10 weeks and were compared with unsupplemented controls. Glucose intolerance was estimated by glucose tolerance tests. Transcripts of adipocytokine genes and the corresponding proteins were measured by reverse transcription-PCR and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, and macrophage numbers were determined by flow cytometric analysis. Transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1 (TRPV-1), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha, and PPARgamma coactivator-1alpha (PGC-1alpha) mRNAs were also measured by RT-PCR, and PPARalpha luciferase assays were performed. Dietary capsaicin lowered fasting glucose, insulin, leptin levels, and markedly reduced the impairment of glucose tolerance in obese mice. Levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha), monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), and interleukin (IL)-6 mRNAs and proteins in adipose tissue and liver decreased markedly, as did macrophage infiltration, hepatic triglycerides, and TRPV-1 expression in adipose tissue. At the same time, the mRNA/protein of adiponectin in the adipose tissue and PPARalpha/PGC-1alpha mRNA in the liver increased. Moreover, luciferase assays revealed that capsaicin is capable of binding PPARalpha. Our data suggest that dietary capsaicin may reduce obesity-induced glucose intolerance by not only suppressing inflammatory responses but also enhancing fatty acid oxidation in adipose tissue and/or liver, both of which are important peripheral tissues affecting insulin resistance. The effects of capsaicin in adipose tissue and liver are related to its dual action on PPARalpha and TRPV-1 expression/activation.

PMID:19798065 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text

kbp

kbp

Awards
OK...so I was about to order this today until I read some info concerning Allyl Isothiocyanate. I realize that 1 mg or less per capsule may not be much, but it concerns me that it is included at all. Why does something that is so toxic need to be included. Ever heard of mustard gas? That is some bad stuff. If I understand the info I came across, then I guess that 151 mg/kg is considered the median lethal dose. But what gets me is that it IS LETHAL. Not knowing the ongoing effects of taking the small dose, I think I would rather wait and see how others do on this. I suspect it clears the body rather quickly, but I have no idea if any of it is stored. The info I read can be found on Wiki for anyone interested. Just don't understand why this needs to be in the formula...seems like it would be fine without it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK...so I was about to order this today until I read some info concerning Allyl Isothiocyanate. I realize that 1 mg or less per capsule may not be much, but it concerns me that it is included at all. Why does something that is so toxic need to be included. Ever heard of mustard gas? That is some bad stuff. If I understand the info I came across, then I guess that 151 mg/kg is considered the median lethal dose. But what gets me is that it IS LETHAL. Not knowing the ongoing effects of taking the small dose, I think I would rather wait and see how others do on this. I suspect it clears the body rather quickly, but I have no idea if any of it is stored. The info I read can be found on Wiki for anyone interested. Just don't understand why this needs to be in the formula...seems like it would be fine without it.
Water has a lethal dose.

Allyl isothiocyanate is the active pungent ingredient in mustard, horse radish, and wasabi. I assure you it is quite safe at the dosage used.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More information: LD50 of caffeine (from wikipedia) The LD[SUB]50[/SUB] of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram.

Allyl Isothiocyanate -
[h=2][/h] Allyl isothiocyanate is fairly toxic with LD[SUB]50[/SUB] of 151 mg/kg and is a dangerous lachrymator.

Personally, I weigh a bit over 100kg, which means I would have to take, at one time, around 300 capsules of Vanillean to have a 50% chance of dying.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
More information (to be included in the full writeup)....AI is a potent agonist for the TRPA1 receptor, which induces thermogenesis and lipolysis (through indirect stimulation of catecholamines).

Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008 Oct;72(10):2608-14. Epub 2008 Oct 7.
[h=1]TRPA1 agonists--allyl isothiocyanate and cinnamaldehyde--induce adrenaline secretion.[/h]Iwasaki Y, Tanabe M, Kobata K, Watanabe T.
[h=3]Source[/h]Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences and Global COE Program, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Thermosensitive transient receptor potential (TRP) channels, especially TRPV1 and TRPA1, are activated by the pungent compounds present in spices. TRPV1 activation by the intake of capsaicin, the irritant in hot pepper, induces adrenaline secretion and increases energy consumption. TRPV1 is mainly expressed in the sensory neurons and coexpressed with TRPA1 at a high frequency. However, the mechanism underlying adrenaline secretion by TRPA1 agonists such as allyl isothiocyanate (AITC) and cinnamaldehyde (CNA), the pungent ingredients in mustard and cinnamon, is not known. We examined whether AITC and CNA could induce adrenaline secretion in anesthetized rats. An intravenous injection of AITC or CNA (10 mg/kg) increased adrenaline secretion. These responses disappeared completely in capsaicin-treated rats with an impaired sensory nerve function. Moreover, pretreatment with cholinergic blockers (hexamethonium and atropine) attenuated the AITC- or CNA-induced adrenaline secretion. These results suggest that TRPA1 agonists activate the sensory nerves and induce adrenaline secretion via the central nervous system.

PMID:
18838811 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Free full text

kbp

kbp

Awards
Thanks dsade. Yea, I figured it to be a very small amt. and probably no problem. I may go ahead and try some. Just had concerns about how the body would flush it or store it. Sure, there are many things we consume safely that have a potential lethal dose...I understand that. But comparing this to water? Water by itself is not used as an insecticide, bactericide, and nematocide. It's things like that, that concern me. Of course, pepper spray is potent as well, and used for bear spray...very unpleasant, but not sure that would be deadly toxic.

Anyway, if I understand "toxic with LD50 of 151 mg/kg", that would mean it would take approximately 12 grams as a lethal dose for 50% of people weighing 175 Lbs. So yea, 3 mg a day is very minimal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks dsade. Yea, I figured it to be a very small amt. and probably no problem. I may go ahead and try some. Just had concerns about how the body would flush it or store it. Sure, there are many things we consume safely that have a potential lethal dose...I understand that. But comparing this to water? Water by itself is not used as an insecticide, bactericide, and nematocide. It's things like that, that concern me. Of course, pepper spray is potent as well, and used for bear spray...very unpleasant, but not sure that would be deadly toxic.

Anyway, if I understand "toxic with LD50 of 151 mg/kg", that would mean it would take approximately 12 grams as a lethal dose for 50% of people weighing 175 Lbs. So yea, 3 mg a day is very minimal.
That's actually for the Carvacrol/AI complex, which is roughly 50:50, so full dose is only 1.5mg per day. Again, this compound is consumed all over the world, every day....you are safe. :)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent discussion. I'm loving it!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Advice: do NOT stick your nose into a bottle of Vanillean and inhale deeply. The Allyl Isothiocyanate will clear sinuses pretty quickly.

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
Advice: do NOT stick your nose into a bottle of Vanillean and inhale deeply. The Allyl Isothiocyanate will clear sinuses pretty quickly.
Nice, I can't wait to get my bottles now.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I bought some for stocking stuffers lol. My family is a bunch of exercise nuts and my cousin owns a gym in Washington State... they will be stoked!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great info here. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to log for ya bps ! This may be just the non stim product I've been looking for !

As an aside; I use rk500 essentially year round.. 2-3 caps a day... (not for the potential log) but would you see any reason not to add perhaps ONE cap of rk500 pre largest meal while using vanillean, u know to keep a higher dosing of rk like I am accustomed to?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great info here. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to log for ya bps ! This may be just the non stim product I've been looking for !

As an aside; I use rk500 essentially year round.. 2-3 caps a day... (not for the potential log) but would you see any reason not to add perhaps ONE cap of rk500 pre largest meal while using vanillean, u know to keep a higher dosing of rk like I am accustomed to?
You can try the Vanillean product by itself first, then add the RK BACK in after a week or two. That will be a good comparison.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can try the Vanillean product by itself first, then add the RK BACK in after a week or two. That will be a good comparison.
Yea. Especially if im selected to log, I wouldn't wanna skew the results. Just kinda brainstorming.. Te difference between 3 rk500 and 2 daily is minimal so I'm sure with vanilleans proposed lipolytic effects and ability to shrink fat cells, the extra rk would only be redundant or minimal in differences..

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I can just throw out that bottle of nasal spray then? Just another perk to Vanillean :D.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Random observations after the weekend:

Appetite...destroyed. Tough to even drink a shake, but I managed an Ultra Peptide Lemon Cream Pie
Core body heat rise is pronounced. Empty stomach directions are essential
in 40 degree weather...wear socks. Nothing like having your entire core heated up except for your FROZEN feet.