BLR gear and apparel-

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There has been a long term plan to include some apparel and gear to our product line.
Gym gear and clothing.
Now that we have the new branding ready its time to get some of this stuff rolling.
Going to be offering some stuff for free for promos and will be giving some stuff away with sales on our new site.
Let me know what type of stuff your interested in.

1. What kind of gear would you guys want to see.
2. What would you personally wear.
3. What is in your gym bag? Like wrist wraps and straps etc.

Personally Im into the sweats and tanks but I do plan on making some functional training shorts etc.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I don't think enough brands get on the gym towels (mini towels for sitting on benches, wiping face in between sets, etc.). Wrist wraps are always nice on the exercises that call for them.

I enjoy tanks, stringers to a lesser degree. Either way they have to be long. I hate buying a gym tank and then when my 6'6 ass grabs the lat pulldown bar, my stomach says hi to the other gym goers! Gym shorts and sweat pants are nice too.

Reactions: Nac
brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats not a bad idea!
Thank you. Lots of people use a towel and it would be great to have a cool BLR towel. Maybe I could give them away free for guys who buy stacks etc and sell them for cheap (as its just a towel).
Wrist wraps and straps are for sure on the list.

I fully understand your issue but most a too long of a tank is just as bad. Its hard to strike the right balance. This is where fitting comes in and Im working directly with a high end clothing manufacturer to make sure fit is good. Like yourself, many of us are not exactly the normal when it comes to clothing fits.
I have some of my larger friends fitting shirts for us.
Also testing some functional training shorts as we speak.

In your opinion do you like the longer baggier shorts or do you like the shorter kind?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm think towels, tanks, and wraps are a great idea!

And for the record I prefer a little tighter, 4-5 inch above the knee type shorts for the gym.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a shorter shorts guy myself. Anything at my knee is too long imo.

All of the above suggestions are spot on. Would love to see a BLR towel. It makes a lot of sense from a manufacturing / inventory point of view. Only one size to keep, production costs would be low, win win.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SFreed
Thanks for your input my friend.
I like the shorter shorts as well. And the towels are happening. I should have those in a few weeks.
Putting up a new site. Gonna give all kinds of goodies away with orders. Stickers, shirts, towels, wraps, straps etc.
And i want to have a really solid pair of training shorts.

What design features do you wish your training shorts had?
My primary is a zippered pocket thats out of the way. Front pocket or back always gets in the way while training.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SFreed
Thanks for your input my friend.
I like the shorter shorts as well. And the towels are happening. I should have those in a few weeks.
Putting up a new site. Gonna give all kinds of goodies away with orders. Stickers, shirts, towels, wraps, straps etc.
And i want to have a really solid pair of training shorts.

What design features do you wish your training shorts had?
My primary is a zippered pocket thats out of the way. Front pocket or back always gets in the way while training.
You're welcome. Anything to help.

My favorite of all time gym / running shorts are a 6" inseam and have a small zippered pocket in the back, centered in the waist band of the shorts. Just big enough for a couple of keys and a DL. Haven't been able to find any more for the last couple of years. For some reason, it seems most companies are pushing shorts that are about the same length as capris. Manpris, I guess.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I like shorts above the knees as well. I fully understand on the length of the tanks. You don't want to get in the dress market! Zipper pockets are a cool feature, but certainly not a necessity.

Im excited to see what comes of this. It sounds like you have a good game plan here.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a shorter shorts guy myself. Anything at my knee is too long imo.

All of the above suggestions are spot on. Would love to see a BLR towel. It makes a lot of sense from a manufacturing / inventory point of view. Only one size to keep, production costs would be low, win win.
Yah I dont get it.
Either they are like 90s ankle length baggies or daisy dukes for men.
We need functional length, Probably a slight break on the side. I like the zippered pocket to prevent my phone falling out when benching etc.
It sucks when you have 100+ dumbells in your hands and lay down to press and your phone/ipod falls out and disconnects your tunes.
The worst.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the basics. Shorts and sweats/joggers would be tight. Definitely the towel. Fitted tees (use the usplabs shirts-fit and feel is amazing) and thin zip up. I also really like crew neck sweatshirts but no one ever releases them.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
The sleeveless hoodies are coming back in style big time. Those are pretty cool.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
The sleeveless hoodies are coming back in style big time. Those are pretty cool.
Looking super jacked in a sleeveless hoodie is a goal of mine (one that I am far from). They look really cool on people who should be wearing them.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd rock a fitted t-shirt for sure.
Im working on getting some of this stuff done within 2 to 3 weeks.
Ill post up some design options for you guys to look at.

CJNator

Awards
I'd like to see what they look like also what material would you make them out of?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to see what they look like also what material would you make them out of?
Chain mail??? I'd totally rock a Scott Steiner chain mail hat.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im sure there are lots of options. There were some cool quick dry ones with embroidered logos i was looking at. Towels I mean.
The clothing will be top notch.
Thinking about doing bags as well.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There has been a long term plan to include some apparel and gear to our product line.
Gym gear and clothing.
Now that we have the new branding ready its time to get some of this stuff rolling.
Going to be offering some stuff for free for promos and will be giving some stuff away with sales on our new site.
Let me know what type of stuff your interested in.

Personally Im into the sweats and tanks but I do plan on making some functional training shorts etc.

Sweatshirts are always a winner for the gym. I personally love a good stringer but always end up cutting my own. Most tank tops look stupid on my because of my back spread. 3/4 sleeves are great as well!

Above answer works here too!

Knee Sleeves, Fat Gripz, and extra socks. Wouldn't mind seeing some wrist and knee wraps!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother. Working on this stuff now ;)

CJNator

Awards
Random idea, why not design a workout backpack rather then a bag? Bags are annoying(at least for me) to carry around especially since I like to walk to my gym, after a gym session carry a bag is a real female dog to do.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
I like the basics. Shorts and sweats/joggers would be tight. Definitely the towel. Fitted tees (use the usplabs shirts-fit and feel is amazing) and thin zip up. I also really like crew neck sweatshirts but no one ever releases them.
Echo the BarbellClub Shirts. That material is great for gym and casual wear.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Echo the BarbellClub Shirts. That material is great for gym and casual wear.
Trying to get some of this stuff to print soon.
Working on sourcing now. I want to make sure the quality is up to par.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trying to get some of this stuff to print soon.
Working on sourcing now. I want to make sure the quality is up to par.
How's it coming?

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
maybe one thing for the girls out here :)

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How's it coming?
I got some samples printed and they were HORRIBLE.
Looking for a good domestic source currently.

I got some towels and they looked like someone hand painted just over the top of the towel. Like if you bent the towel the print would separate.
Really bad. I think the towels might need to be embroidered to meet my standards.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Just seeing this, sucks to hear about the quality issues but count me in to rep BLR when they come out

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got some samples printed and they were HORRIBLE.
Looking for a good domestic source currently.

I got some towels and they looked like someone hand painted just over the top of the towel. Like if you bent the towel the print would separate.
Really bad. I think the towels might need to be embroidered to meet my standards.
That seriously sucks!!! We just had a huge T-Shirt order for our new shirts and luckily I couldn't be happier lol. I'm trying to get that BLR shirt on my back ASAP!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yoga pants all the way!
Would be expensive tho...
Im gonna do some sweats for sure and Ive been working on a functional line of training shorts and sweats for a while.
Wait till you see this stuff.
Its going to be an offshoot. not BLR.

The BLR stuff will come first though and you guys will have access to shirts, tanks, towels, and some other goodies. Ill start posting artwork soon.

By the way we are currently giving away 100$ cash and 100 in supps. Check it out-
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/294742-win-100-cash.html#post5795149

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im gonna do some sweats for sure and Ive been working on a functional line of training shorts and sweats for a while.
Wait till you see this stuff.
Its going to be an offshoot. not BLR.

The BLR stuff will come first though and you guys will have access to shirts, tanks, towels, and some other goodies. Ill start posting artwork soon.

By the way we are currently giving away 100$ cash and 100 in supps. Check it out-
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/294742-win-100-cash.html#post5795149
All over it!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bumping an awesome thread!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have shirts.
L and XL.

PM me if you want one right away.
Or Ill try to get em up on the site by Monday.

They are a no text logo on the front and vertical text on the back. They look sick.