New (-)epicatechin research

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As time goes on we learn more and more about this amazing compound.
New studies keep coming out and every one solidifies what we have been saying all along. This stuff kicks ass.
Its not only anabolic but safe and even healthy.

"(−)-Epicatechin ((−)-EPI), a naturally occurring flavanol, has emerged as a likely candidate for cocoa based
product reported reductions in cardiometabolic risk. The present study aimed to determine the
safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of purified (−)-EPI administered to healthy
volunteers. In this phase I, open-label, two-part single- and multiple-dose study, subjects received either
a single dose (n = 9) of 50, 100 or 200 mg or multiple doses (n = 8) of 50 mg daily (q.d.) or twice daily.

blood samples were analyzed for NO
surrogates and follistatin levels as well as, platelet mitochondrial complexes I, V and citrate synthase
activity levels. (−)-EPI was well tolerated and readily absorbed with further phase 2 metabolism. On day 5,
in the q.d. and b.i.d. groups, there were significant increases in plasma nitrite of 30% and 17%, respectively

Average day 5 follistatin AUC levels
were ∼2.5 fold higher =250% higher!

Plasma follistatin levels were measured in subjects receiving
(−)-EPI q.d. for 5 days. At day 1, plasma levels averaged
∼254 pg ml−1 and peaked following (−)-EPI to ∼404 pg ml−1.

Following 5 days of (−)-EPI b.i.d., baseline values averaged
∼881 pg ml−1 and peaked at ∼1239 pg ml−1.
Follistatin AUC
levels at day 5 were ∼2.5 fold higher vs. day 1, indicating that
repeated (−)-EPI dosing has a vigorous and sustained effect on
follistatin production. The biological roles of follistatin are not
completely understood, but beneficial effects on muscle
growth have been documented.
19–21 The only known physiological
inducer of increased plasma follistatin levels is physical
exercise.22 To our knowledge, this is the first demonstration
that a small molecule can increase follistatin plasma levels.

Myostatin is the most effective inhibitor of muscle growth
known to date.23,24 Follistatin by binding to myostatin can
promote muscle growth resulting from interfering with myostatin
attaching to its receptor.

REF: Pharmacokinetic, partial pharmacodynamic and
initial safety analysis of (−)-epicatechin in healthy
volunteers†
Christopher F. Barnett,a Aldo Moreno-Ulloa,b,c Sruti Shiva,d
Israel Ramirez-Sanchez,b,c Pam R. Taub,b Yongxuan Su,e Guillermo Ceballos,c
Sundeep Dugar,f George Schreinerf and Francisco Villarreal

digitalducki

digitalducki

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait for gen 2 of these products to start hitting

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Goes to prove we don't talk crap.

Feels good to read things like this.

Follidrone is amazing.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How was the -(-)EPI administered to the participants?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
we gotta figure out a way where we can take this anabolic year round

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Getting moist over here. although a small size study, feels good when these things come to light when there are some people slamming it as complete placebo based on oral absorption limitations.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Getting moist over here. although a small size study, feels good when these things come to light when there are some people slamming it as complete placebo based on oral absorption limitations.
Exactly.

Wait until u see what's coming.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
we gotta figure out a way where we can take this anabolic year round
Open the bottle and put 2 capsules in your mouth every day of the year. Problem solved my main man.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Open the bottle and put 2 capsules in your mouth every day of the year. Problem solved my main man.
LOL. but isn't there a break period after taking it for an allotted time frame?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
LOL. but isn't there a break period after taking it for an allotted time frame?
Afaik there is no proven reason to cycle (-)-epi...it's non hormonal, so there's no worries there and it doesn't promote inflammation, so no issues there either. Double check with a BLR rep or Brundel, but if anything I think current knowledge leans towards not cycling it and taking it continuously. Good luck, the stuff rocks.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Afaik there is no proven reason to cycle (-)-epi...it's non hormonal, so there's no worries there and it doesn't promote inflammation, so no issues there either. Double check with a BLR rep or Brundel, but if anything I think current knowledge leans towards not cycling it and taking it continuously. Good luck, the stuff rocks.
You're absolutely right. There's no need to cycle off. But a two week break or so won't hurt neither for the sake of missing it. I personally like to take little breaks from it so I can miss what it does. Besides all the health benefits it accompanies with it's an amazing ingredient that continues to shine every time.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You're absolutely right. There's no need to cycle off. But a two week break or so won't hurt neither for the sake of missing it. I personally like to take little breaks from it so I can miss what it does. Besides all the health benefits it accompanies with it's an amazing ingredient that continues to shine every time.
I'm buying some Follidrone as we speak!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree, and to be honest if this stuff is impacting myo/folli ratios it would be prudent to go back to base line every now and then.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so I will be taking two capsules of FOLLIDRONE everyday?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so I will be taking two capsules of FOLLIDRONE everyday?
Yes sir. I like 20min pre workout. Some do 30. You'll find your sweet spot.

On days off split the dosage

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes sir. I like 20min pre workout. Some do 30. You'll find your sweet spot. On days off split the dosage
you got it. will it interfere with taking x gels or other stims preworkout?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you got it. will it interfere with taking x gels or other stims preworkout?
Not at all. Goes with everything. If it's your first go I suggest taking it solo. It's great by itself and you will also see how it treats you

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not at all. Goes with everything. If it's your first go I suggest taking it solo. It's great by itself and you will also see how it treats you
for sure! and I assume it would not be advised to take follidrone during a PH cycle?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
for sure! and I assume it would not be advised to take follidrone during a PH cycle?
When taking a new supplement that "does something", it's usually better to run solo so you get a feel for what it actually does for you. I don't think there's any interactions between the two, but if I were you I would run them separately.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The study indicates that not only does it work well orally but that it appears to increase follistatin even more than I had ever imagined. This study has full labs listed 250% of normal after 5 days.

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
So is it better to take one big dose, two doses or multiple doses a day based on the study?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get blood work every 3 months and after my first 3 months, my lipid levels improved quite a bit and have remained steady since then. I had good numbers to begin with, so the improvement is more important since I didn't have any abnormal labs that would be a variable. The point being that (-)-epi is not only helping us in the gym, but making us healthier.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So is it better to take one big dose, two doses or multiple doses a day based on the study?
One 200mg dose provided the highest increase in follistatin ~ 250% above baseline. This study is awesome because it has so much bloodwork and lab results.
It also says that there were 0 negative effects. No sides. NOthing.
The previous studies were sort of vague regarding the increase in follistatin....seeing 250% is HUGE.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One 200mg dose provided the highest increase in follistatin ~ 250% above baseline. This study is awesome because it has so much bloodwork and lab results. It also says that there were 0 negative effects. No sides. NOthing. The previous studies were sort of vague regarding the increase in follistatin....seeing 250% is HUGE.
thanks for making such a quality product that HELPS EVERYONE!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for making such a quality product that HELPS EVERYONE!
I do my best brother.
There are ALOT of new products coming the first half of 2015. Huge things.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I havnt shipped. I lost your addy. Itll ship today and youll get it mon I would think.
Shipping
an alpha version of the PWO. This only has a couple components but as you know I want every single component to work by itself. We are not making a fluff product. EVERY ingredient will work solo. So your getting a 150g of PWO mix.
PLus a transdermal.
And probably a bottle of the new anabolic with all 3 ingredients now that I have the third and have calculated the proper dose.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahahaha testing the pre ;-) lol

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They both are testing a part of the new pre. We will use it so long as testing goes well.
I expect good things though. The present stuff should be interesting. Im not telling em whats in it or what to expect so......

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They both are testing a part of the new pre. We will use it so long as testing goes well. I expect good things though. The present stuff should be interesting. Im not telling em whats in it or what to expect so......
:) hehe

liftandletdie

Awards
Hopped on the TGB sale and got 2 Viron/Follidrone stacks. Too good of a deal to pass up. I did a 2 bottle run of Follidrone when it came out and had great results so it should be interesting for round 2.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Another recent study abstract:

Modulation of (-)-epicatechin metabolism by coadministration with other polyphenols in Caco-2 cell model.

Sanchez-Bridge B1, Lévèques A1, Li H1, Bertschy E1, Patin A1, Actis-Goretta L2.

Author information

Abstract

Widely consumed beverages such as red wine, tea, and cocoa-derived products are a great source of flavanols. Epidemiologic and interventional studies suggest that cocoa flavanols such as (-)-epicatechin may reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The interaction of (-)-epicatechin with food components including other polyphenols could modify its absorption, metabolism, and finally its bioactivity. In the present study we investigate (-)-epicatechin absorption and metabolism when coexposed with other polyphenols in the intestinal absorptive Caco-2 cell model. Depending on the type of polyphenols coadministered, the total amount of 3'-O-methyl-epicatechin and 3'-O-sulfate-epicatechin conjugates found both in apical and basal compartments ranged from 19 to 801 nM and from 6 to 432 nM, respectively. The coincubation of (-)-epicatechin with flavanols, chlorogenic acid, and umbelliferone resulted in similar amounts of 3'-O-methyl-epicatechin effluxed into the apical compartment relative to control. Coincubation with isorhamnetin, kaempferol, diosmetin, nevadensin, chrysin, equol, genistein, and hesperitin promoted the transport of 3'-O-methyl-epicatechin toward the basolateral side and decreased the apical efflux. Quercetin and luteolin considerably inhibited the appearance of this (-)-epicatechin conjugate both in the apical and basolateral compartments. In conclusion, we could demonstrate that the efflux of (-)-epicatechin conjugates to the apical or basal compartments of Caco-2 cells is modulated by certain classes of polyphenols and their amount. Ingesting (-)-epicatechin with specific polyphenols could be a strategy to increase the bioavailability of (-)-epicatechin and to modulate its metabolic profile.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Another recent study abstract: Modulation of (-)-epicatechin metabolism by coadministration with other polyphenols in Caco-2 cell model. Sanchez-Bridge B1, Lévèques A1, Li H1, Bertschy E1, Patin A1, Actis-Goretta L2. Author information Abstract Widely consumed beverages such as red wine, tea, and cocoa-derived products are a great source of flavanols. Epidemiologic and interventional studies suggest that cocoa flavanols such as (-)-epicatechin may reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The interaction of (-)-epicatechin with food components including other polyphenols could modify its absorption, metabolism, and finally its bioactivity. In the present study we investigate (-)-epicatechin absorption and metabolism when coexposed with other polyphenols in the intestinal absorptive Caco-2 cell model. Depending on the type of polyphenols coadministered, the total amount of 3'-O-methyl-epicatechin and 3'-O-sulfate-epicatechin conjugates found both in apical and basal compartments ranged from 19 to 801 nM and from 6 to 432 nM, respectively. The coincubation of (-)-epicatechin with flavanols, chlorogenic acid, and umbelliferone resulted in similar amounts of 3'-O-methyl-epicatechin effluxed into the apical compartment relative to control. Coincubation with isorhamnetin, kaempferol, diosmetin, nevadensin, chrysin, equol, genistein, and hesperitin promoted the transport of 3'-O-methyl-epicatechin toward the basolateral side and decreased the apical efflux. Quercetin and luteolin considerably inhibited the appearance of this (-)-epicatechin conjugate both in the apical and basolateral compartments. In conclusion, we could demonstrate that the efflux of (-)-epicatechin conjugates to the apical or basal compartments of Caco-2 cells is modulated by certain classes of polyphenols and their amount. Ingesting (-)-epicatechin with specific polyphenols could be a strategy to increase the bioavailability of (-)-epicatechin and to modulate its metabolic profile.
Do you have the original link? The abstract is kind of useless here...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When it comes down to it, all studies are positive and only are proving to enforce the benefits of it for health and performance purposes. Now we are starting to see more studies come out to support what we have all been experiencing from an anecdotal standpoint.

I can tell you that Brundel is building on this and creating something really special with the new releases. I know I am a rep, but I also know that everyone is going to be incredibly happy and excited with what is coming out. Innovation like this makes us all better and sets the bar.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's the time frame in the new AI and new anabolic?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The study indicates that not only does it work well orally but that it appears to increase follistatin even more than I had ever imagined. This study has full labs listed 250% of normal after 5 days.
Anything to increase absorption? I thought I had seen EGCG potentially increased absorption.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the time frame in the new AI and new anabolic?
One of the new anabolics, a mixed product that includes (-)-epicatechin and 2 other anabolic ingredients will be ready I think in about a month.