TST and TRN Metabolites

undecipherable

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't think anyone (who's talking) even knows (definitively) what TST and TRN are, let alone their metabolites.

dmilhouse

Awards
But what is actually in these products? Are we sure they are legal? What is the "trade name"?

dmilhouse

Awards
I would be interested in running these but want to make sure they are not on the Steriod Act of 2004

undecipherable

Board Supporter
Awards
The silence on this thread is disturbing, isn't it?

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
All I know is that I handle any AAS well. Do not ever have gyno problems, hair loss problems, prostatic hypertrophy problems, and no acne problems. I do get agression.

After 7 days on TST, my body broke out like I have never in all my life seen. It literally looked like I had the chicken pox. Small bumps EVERYWHERE on my back, sides, arms, etc. Yes, it was acne. It still has not completely gone away after a little over a week.

I am VERY curious to know what exactly TST is..... and why it had such a profound effect on me..

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
One has to wonder why, since most if not all of these products will be discontinued, no one who knows is willing to give up the active. It's not like it's going to be a money maker, I think there was one run only of TST with no others planned. So what's the big deal and why will no one (manufacturers) give the active? I think I've seen copycats of TRN already, so the active is apparently out. I know people want to protect their profit potential for as long as possible, but I think these two are at the point where someone should let us know just what the hell is in them. At this point more information probably wouldn't hurt sales. Hell, might help sales if people knew what the hell it was.

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
TST/TRN from my understanding is a derivative of Tren, but not methylated that's as far as I know.

dmilhouse

Awards
Sh1t I just want confirmation it is not a scheduled drug. Is that so hard to ask?

MH

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
where is yeahright at? he's got the know how on this stuff... also, could someone, say, sue one of these companies for selling "steroids". just wondering?

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
Sh1t I just want confirmation it is not a scheduled drug. Is that so hard to ask?

MH
It is.
The Anabolic Steroid Control Act now states, in part...
"(A) The term 'anabolic steroid' means any drug or hormonal substance, chemically and pharmacologically related to testosterone (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone), and includes... “

If I read this TRN/TST is toeing the line of the gray area and of course since supp companies aren't as big as Big Tobacco they don't have the Lobbist dollars to through around and thus I think they (supp companies) they're folding under pressure of the FDA.

So I don't think it is, but yes it could be if they don't stop selling it per the FDA. They could sue yes, but you would be safe as long as they are not found Illegal.

dmilhouse

Awards
but at least it is not called out specifically like M1T of 1-AD, etc???

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well you could run it and get tested and see :saw:

But more than likely, no one will say anything so their ass is covered, and rightfully so. If your in doubt, then don't use it.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
M-trn is a progestin so therefore it is excluded from the ban substances list as of right now,as for tst most people are up in the air as to what is in it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
where is yeahright at? he's got the know how on this stuff... also, could someone, say, sue one of these companies for selling "steroids". just wondering?
LOL, my ears were burning. What's the question I'm supposed to be able to answer?

As to someone filing suit against a company for selling "steroids", that depends.

One wouldn't likely have a private cause of action to enforce a controlled substance law (however, there might be some obscure state statute somewhere I'm unaware of). There are some weird circumstance where private citizens can enforce laws but I don't think any are applicable here.

Nonetheless, filing a private tort suit would be easy. If one suffered measurable harm due to the ingestion of one of these substances, then a suit against the manufacturer, distributer and retail agent for distribution of an inherantly dangerous product would be pretty easy to make.....especially if one could show the jury that the manufacturer was deliberately flouting the law by distributing a product that was (1) a molecule or two away from an already illegal substance; (2) untested for safety or efficacy; and (3) sold without reasonable safety warnings to the end user. My hunch is that it would be easy for a grieving parent to convince a jury that the evil company killed little Johnny by selling him a dietary supplement that was really just a disguised evil steroid.

dmilhouse

Awards
All I want to know is if M-TRN (TST) are all ready on the bill from 2004?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
All I want to know is if M-TRN (TST) are all ready on the bill from 2004?
We don't know. I would imagine that TRN isn't but it's got to be awfully close because ALRI pulled it from the market almost as soon as it was released. As to TST, there's a reason ALRI abandoned it before full-scale production. :blink:

People tend to think of the law as absolute black and white, yes and no answers.....but there is a reason that every lawyer answers a question by saying "it depends." The law is all shades of gray....which is why there is a class of experts called lawyers whose job it is to navigate and interpret those shades of gray.

My guess (and it is only a guess) is that it is a reasonable judgment call as to whether these compounds break the law or just barely circumvent it. When the enforcement environment was lax, ALRI (their lawyers) were willing to take a liberal interpretation of that judgment call. When the enforcement environment turned harsh, they erred on the side of a conservative judgement call and decided to abandon these two products rather than face years of possible litigation. :run:

Other companies appear to be willing to take a more liberal interpretation and thus are releasing limited runs of these products banking on the fact that they will be sold and out of distribution before any agency looks into what they are. If you cannot take the chance of consuming something which MAY be just over the line, then don't. 99% of the progress you're going to make building your body is exercise and nutrition anyway. Focus on those things rather than the extra little help that these supplements can provide. Those who can take the chance, should be thankful for these companies who are willing to put the compounds out. JUST MY OPINION.

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It IS NOT explicitly mentioned as banned.

There is no trenbolone molecule on the list save for methyl-tren and tren itself.

There you go Milhouse.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It IS NOT explicitly mentioned as banned.

There is no trenbolone molecule on the list save for methyl-tren and tren itself.

There you go Milhouse.
Well, since we don't actually know exactly what M-TRN and M-TST are, I'd be hesitant to actually make this statement.

If the compounds are close enough, a reasonable law enforcement argument could be made that they are functional equivalents of banned substances (the chemical differences merely being cosmetic changes).

For example, you couldn't simply attach an inert molecule to cocaine and suddenly sell it like it's legal (if cocaine wasn't specifically scheduled, it would probably fit the description of a "supplement" given the traditional food and medicinal uses of the coca plant).

Like I said, if this guy can't take the chance that one of these substances might trip him up with an employer/athletic governing body, he should just skip them IMO.

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Assuming TRN is what it says on my bottle - it's not specifically mentioned.

Unless the gov. misspelled the name - which they've done before.

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
If the compounds are close enough, a reasonable law enforcement argument could be made that they are functional equivalents of banned substances (the chemical differences merely being cosmetic changes).
As a lawyer, I would love for any prosecutor to use this argument.... I'm not necessarily sure there are any possible "cosmetic chemical changes" as the placement of one additional carbon or hydrogen, or adding a double bond rather than a single, or adding a methyl groupd, methoxy, acetyl, or whatever group, will cause not a cosmetic change, but a functional change in the product's chemical makeup.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm with you Pax.

A simple planar adjustment - without changing molecular formula - can change molecular properties.

You can't even go so far to say that a chemical with the same molecular formula is similar. Structure and arrangement play a huge role in the molecule's properties as a whole.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
As a lawyer, I would love for any prosecutor to use this argument.... I'm not necessarily sure there are any possible "cosmetic chemical changes" as the placement of one additional carbon or hydrogen, or adding a double bond rather than a single, or adding a methyl groupd, methoxy, acetyl, or whatever group, will cause not a cosmetic change, but a functional change in the product's chemical makeup.
You might welcome this argument. I would not. :duel: I think that it's a winner if the compounds are close enough (illegal Substance A is altered to create Substance B which has a superficially different chemical structure while maintaining the same biochemical function in the body). Substance B is merely Substance A with an inert chemical change.....said inert chemical change being made for the explicit purpose of trying to make an illegal substance legal. The analogy I'd make to the trier of fact is that Substance B is merely Substance A in disguise....and try and put the burden on the defendant to explain the reason for the chemical changes to Substance A. If the defendant says anything about making it more effective in being anabolic, you've got them for distribution of an unapproved drug since by definition it is no longer a supplement. If they cannot explain why the change was made, it supports the inference that the change was made to disguise the true nature of Substance B.

In point of fact, the FDA is already using a version of this argument (whether it would hold up in the courts is a different matter). In the recent enforcement letters, the FDA has reversed the burden of proof by emphasizing the definition of a nutritional supplement, comparing these compounds to those definitions (superdrol, and M-1-P), declaring that they are not "nutritional supplements" as defined in the law, and thus are <i>de facto</i> drugs, and illegal to manufacture and sell (without prior FDA approval) REGARDLESS of whether they are on the banned list.

This new application of the existing legal scheme seems quite elegant to me. Assuming the courts would uphold it, this will allow the FDA to be much more nimble in moving against such compounds without having to wait for an act of congress to change the ban list.

Of course, the specific crimes that someone would be charged with would be different (instead of distribution of a scheduled substance they would be distribution of unapproved drugs).....but the penalties are still quite severe.

It's a version of this legal logic that Patrick Arnold just plead out on (conspiracy to distribute illegal steroids) even though the substances weren't on the ban list at the time he engaged in this conspiracy. Now PA is looking at additional charges for distribution of the amphetamine-like substance contained in AMP. :aargh:

The feds are taking a new approach which I personally believe is going to resonate with judges and juries (even if it's not the exact chemcial on a banned list, if it is the functional equivalent, then something illegal is going on even if it is just distribution of unapproved or misbranded drugs). One's prison term might be predicated upon a different statute, but that's not going to matter if your cellmate still wants you to toss his salad.

BTW, you've got to change that avatar before I file a class-action tort suit for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Last edited:
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
M-TRN is a progestin. Progestins are not covered in the bill from '04.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
M-TRN is a progestin. Progestins are not covered in the bill from '04.
Wrong. The preamble asserts an exclusion of progestins but then lists the following progestins:

Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004

Section 2(A)

(xxxii) mibolerone (7a,17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one)

(xxxiv) nandrolone (17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one)

(xlix) trenbolone (17b-hydroxyestr-4,9,11-trien-3-one)

And, following up on my point above about the FDA using a new enforcement scheme of the existing laws, they've gone after M-1-P which purported to be one of these new "legal" progestins.

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
YR - I thought the Wash. Post had merely tested Amp??

Are they now going after him for selling Amp?

I need to know - so that I can stock up on Amp like there is no tomorrow!
(And probably Venom and StimX too.)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

I'd stock up if this product works for you:

"Patrick Arnold, who in a recent plea deal admitted providing steroids to the drug ring that ensnared Barry Bonds and a number of other famous athletes, runs a company that has been selling the amphetamine-like compound over the Internet in a dietary supplement that describes the substance with the invented trademark name Geranamine.

It is illegal to sell dietary supplements without listing the ingredients by their common or usual names, according to Robert Moore, the Food and Drug Administration's Team Leader in the Division of Dietary Supplement Programs.

Companies that wish to market ingredients that have never before been sold in dietary supplements are required to notify the FDA before doing so and to provide information about the product's safety. The FDA has received no notification about methylhexaneamine from Ergopharm, an FDA spokesperson said."

Hamilton Spectator article even has a pic of PA.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1147125013414&call_pageid=1112274690688&col=1112274690734
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/07/AR2006050700913.html

krenalor

Awards
Guess we will all be flying and living abroad on our vacations for our steroid needs and taking our tax revenue with us. Time to declare war on the US government and hit em where it hurts, the pocket book.

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards

So yes, it does look like PA is going to be hit with a charge for AMP. What's going on now is more of an issue of improper labeling, and to bypass drug-tests, at that. So, I don't know if stocking up is necessary, yet.

It would probably take some time, and media sensationalization, for it to be controlled. Then buy it up. Right now I only see minor discounts being offered on the web, no real blowouts as seen recently w/ superdrol and it's generics.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ahh - the gamblin' game.

As a cheap ass, I love it!
"When will the price drop to the lowest point before supply/demand/black market effects take over?"

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards

MH
MY EDUCATED GUESS ABOUT THIS COMPOUND IS THAT IT'S METHOXY-TRENBOLONE WITH A METHYL GROUP(CH3) AT THE 19 POSITION. NANDROLONE AND TREN ARE 19-NOR COMPOUNDS MEANING THEY LACK THE CH3 METHYL GROUP IN THAT POSITION. I FIGURE IT IS MEGA TRN WITH THIS METHYL ADDED TO IT. THAT IS WHY THEY'RE CALLING IT TRIENOSTERONE BECAUSE IT IS SIMILAR TO TEST IN THIS REGARD BUT STILL HAVING THE 3 DOUBLE BONDS(TRIENE) LIKE TREN.
IF I AM CORRECT, THIS DOSE IT WAY LOW. I CANT REALLY FEEL MUCH AT ALL AT THE RECOMENDED DOSE TAKEN BY ITSELF. COMPARE DECA TO TEST IN DOSAGE.THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN THE COMPOUNDS IS THE MISSING METHYL GROUP WITH SIMILAR DOSES BEING NECESSESARY, UP TO 1 GRAM A WEEK. I'VE USED TREN AT 150MG PER DAY. THE TST'S ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE ADDED METHYL AND OF COURSE THE METOXY ESTER AT TH 17 POSITION WHICH I BELIEVE HAS MORE TO DO WITH BIOAVAILABILITY THAN POTENCY OF THE MOLECULE. SO ONE COULD POSSIBLY NEED 50 - 150MG PER DAY?
JUST MY 2 CENTS

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude I dont know whats in them But Im so f****** jacked from them 6mg AD /M-TST 6mg AD / Tren. 2weeks in. No problems so far. Hey if you find something bad in them Holla !!!!!:dl:

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
MY EDUCATED GUESS ABOUT THIS COMPOUND IS THAT IT'S METHOXY-TRENBOLONE WITH A METHYL GROUP(CH3) AT THE 19 POSITION. NANDROLONE AND TREN ARE 19-NOR COMPOUNDS MEANING THEY LACK THE CH3 METHYL GROUP IN THAT POSITION. I FIGURE IT IS MEGA TRN WITH THIS METHYL ADDED TO IT. THAT IS WHY THEY'RE CALLING IT TRIENOSTERONE BECAUSE IT IS SIMILAR TO TEST IN THIS REGARD BUT STILL HAVING THE 3 DOUBLE BONDS(TRIENE) LIKE TREN.
Yes, this is the correct structure for TRN. As for TST, it is probably methoxytestosterone. We have not been told this for sure, however. The bottle gives a chemically meaningless (well, at least very ambiguous) 'trienosterone' designation.

As for legal reasons preventing the release of TST's formula, I cannot see why. This is because TRN is widely known, and admitted to be, methoxytrenbolone. So why should the methoxy derivative of testosterone be any scarrier (leagally, this is)? Testosterone and trenbolone are both equally illegal, am I right?

And I can 110% guarantee that the gov't. knows whats in TST (hell, Catlin probably has the f***** structure on the wall of his lab in poster form:rofl: ) so again where are the legal fears coming from?

People at least have the right to know that this stuff is NOT a triene (tren isomer), as the bottle's nomenclature implies. Such a coumpound would be much riskier, as to unknown long-term effects, than methoxytestosterone.

:hammer: And who needs another progestin when the whole point of you working out is this:chick:

Author L. Rea

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, this is the correct structure for TRN. As for TST, it is probably methoxytestosterone. We have not been told this for sure, however. The bottle gives a chemically meaningless (well, at least very ambiguous) 'trienosterone' designation.

As for legal reasons preventing the release of TST's formula, I cannot see why. This is because TRN is widely known, and admitted to be, methoxytrenbolone. So why should the methoxy derivative of testosterone be any scarrier (leagally, this is)? Testosterone and trenbolone are both equally illegal, am I right?

And I can 110% guarantee that the gov't. knows whats in TST (hell, Catlin probably has the f***** structure on the wall of his lab in poster form:rofl: ) so again where are the legal fears coming from?

People at least have the right to know that this stuff is NOT a triene (tren isomer), as the bottle's nomenclature implies. Such a coumpound would be much riskier, as to unknown long-term effects, than methoxytestosterone.

:hammer: And who needs another progestin when the whole point of you working out is this:chick:
bigSMokey:

Good points Lad. I hope that you will be patient with me while I discuss some points of view for everyone to consider here and I will try to give you the answers you need at the end. (Yes, I am going to babble...sorry)

Interesting points of view I can agree with in part, and I am certain that most will not like the answers any more than when we opted to not market these items back in 2005...and still don't.

MTRN and MTST were designed by ALRI and are not listed in any prior research that I am aware of, or for that matter Vida. We worked with them for several years feeling rather proud to be able to present to OTC supplement users, what we felt at the time, were far superior products with safety profiles not matched by any other like-compounds of the time.

Problem was that anything of the PH nature became a serious media mania and political issue that has seriously harmed the entire supplement industry in the US and Europe. Just because no one here would agree with it does not make it go away.

Odd, seems that if the issue were that such items will harm our children that age limits that allow cigarettes and alcohol to assumed used responsibly would somehow not do so for a supplement.

Worse is that the media up-roar was based upon pro-athletes (whom are banned from using the products) were the basis for political intervention. Hmmm, assuming this ideal is correct, all males should be concerned about mandated castration due to the desire to prevent teen premarital sex.

Point is that the issue has nothing to do with those who are simply seeking better potential for results and are NOT among the few pro-athletes.

We never released MTST but did have a some units of MTRN make their way to the US market which we recalled for the above reasons. Sucks, but true.

The terms used to define structure are no less ambiguous than the generic terms androstenedione or Cissus.

There are two sides to the issue giving the type of structural info being discussed and it was the final reason ALRI removed itself from that part of the industry last year.

1) Giving the type of nomenclature that is being discussed would allow the knock offs to begin. I am sure most do not work for free or buy a house and let someone else sell it and keep the money after paying all the bills and do all the work to get it. But if so, please LMK as I would like to get all of the free houses others willingness to work for free allows.

As an example, there is a newer attempt at knocking off the old MTRN product by KS that is no where near correct. Hard to knock off what you do not know how to create yourself. Qualified people like Patrick Arnold and Dr. D "could" easily do so, but would not due to the mutual passion for innovation such minds share. As to Catlin, no doubt he does have the structures, there was no effort to protect anything from detection. Nothing illegal to consider.

2) if you create it, you get to name it. But not sure it really matters any more, at least to ALRI, as we are out of that area of the market totally to avoid all of the negative such issues brings. We are busy developing products that work and do not include the need to deal with Balco type issues. Innovation has not died, but the knock offs will need to go elsewhere.

Of course there will be one idiot who will jump into this forum sooner or later and either post "something shady" or argue something they know nothing about as usual, but for the really great people here at AM I hope this was of some help:

There is a valid point that should be answered here, no, TST had no progestin structural relationships. It also has no testosterone metabolites and is totally detectable.

TRN was not methoxy trenbolone. Real TRN made most horny, methoxy trenbolone would be a liver killer and libido death.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bigSMokey:

There is a valid point that should be answered here, no, TST had no progestin structural relationships. It also has no testosterone metabolites and is totally detectable.

TRN was not methoxy trenbolone. Real TRN made most horny, methoxy trenbolone would be a liver killer and libido death.
Let the guessing begin! Wait,.. Wait.! All at once: On your mark,.... Get set,........... :woohoo:

Actually- I found that last part interesting for 2 reasons.
-TST is not a progestin. (?)
-so My knockoff TRN, of the Mega variety, isn't what the original formula of M-TRN was!!! Well, dont I feel stupid letting that one go on Ebay! :nutkick:

Author L. Rea

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Let the guessing begin! Wait,.. Wait.! All at once: On your mark,.... Get set,........... :woohoo:

Actually- I found that last part interesting for 2 reasons.
-TST is not a progestin. (?)
-so My knockoff TRN, of the Mega variety, isn't what the original formula of M-TRN was!!! Well, dont I feel stupid letting that one go on Ebay! :nutkick:

If you are refering to the GL product that was around at one time, it was correct.

Author L. Rea

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtraflossy:

If the pic is you lad..looking good!

Keep it up.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Xtraflossy:

If the pic is you lad..looking good!

Keep it up.
It is. Thanks!

So, the GL TRN is the Exact same as the original? I always thought it was, unless I missinterpreted what you said.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
bigSMokey:

death.
Could someone clue me in on what TST could possibly be then?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, its not a profestin,.. guess you have to guess on steroids that have no testosterone metabolites,....

IF you must know, I have seen the compound for sale by chemical comp[anies. An email to one of them asking a few sinple questions should yeild results

If I had to guess, I'd guess it's methyltestosterone / methoxytestosterone?. This would fill the requirements of not being a progestin, and not a metabolite of testosterone
It's apparently hella androgenic, as Im breaking out left and right (observation really)- not that Id know -
Word "on the street" supports this every once in a while, but is soon "proven" incorrect using more words that confuse me.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
It is. Thanks!

So, the GL TRN is the Exact same as the original? I always thought it was, unless I missinterpreted what you said.
That confused me too. I'm guessing that Author meant that it was authentic TRN (because I believe that GL got some of their raws from ALRI (but I'm just going on heresay)). Then again, I could be completely miscontruing what Author had said. Just my take on it though, hopefully Author will come back with a bit of clarification.