Resolve drops Napalm on poor, innocent abdominal adipocytes(Sponsored Log)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On Saturday afternoon I received a bottle Avant Research's incredibly hot new topical "Napalm" with the understanding that if I record my endeavors, it was mine to do with as I pleased. :woohoo:
So here, Ladies and Gents, you can follow along as I Napalm my abs into a higher existence!

Now two months into a cutting cycle, Napalm enters my regimen with, IMO, perfect timing. My BF is now about as low as I've ever gotten it (~6%) and what's left is pretty darn stubborn.

For better context, here are my vital stats:
23yo, Male ~6%bf, 225lbs, 6'4"
Diet: Approx 10-15%carbs, 1.5g Prot/lb, one healthy "carb refeed" day/week; 2300-2900kcal/day, dependant on whether I'm training or recovering.
Supps:
40g BCAAs
3g ALCAR
10-15g Fish Oil
4 Tea-GCG caps
Multivitamin
2-3g Vitamin C
Usp Labs Recreate
ZMA
AMS Hypertrop-X

For training, I am just starting a 3-day split - with varying numbered sets of 12reps. I also engage in cardio twice a day, 5 days/week, and do HIIT following training sessions.

However, as Napalm does not really affect my performance in the gym, I will not be posting my workouts in this log. If you are interested in seeing my progress with the weights, please check out my other log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/94391-resolved-lift-heavier.html I have the privelege to also be testing AMS' Hypertrop-X, and I encourage to take a look at mine and the other great logs for it out there.

Now, that is the only time I will be mentioning my other log, just so that you all can understand why I do not post my workouts here. I do not really find it fair to plug another company when Avant Research has been so generous to me, so their Napalm will remain the focus from here on out.

I took some "before" Pictures of myself last night, but will not have the chance to post them until later tonight after the gym and getting home. So, keep an eye out!

As for actual protocol, this morning I applied one squirt of Napalm to stomach, rubbing it liberally and spreading it thoroughly. I will apply another later today (what would be best timing, Avant Reps?), then up the dose to 3squirts tomorrow, which I will maintain until the 28th - the end of my cut and my WEDDING DAY! That's right, I'm cutting in preparation for my honeymoon! BOOYAH!

Stay tuned for those pics...I mean, I like lookin' at em so why wouldn't you...? ;)

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
WooT!

I'd apply the next dose about 10 or so hours after your first app.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Sweet man.. I must say... I LOVE NAPALM! The only thing Napalm could improve upon would be making a larger size Napalm bottle w/ more servings...Other than that this stuff proved to be top notch!:thumbsup:

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
I'm in Resolve, subed. I have never used this stuff, come to think of it I have never gotten lean enough to need to use it. Think it will take about 3" off? LOL

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Napalm is some good stuff, good luck incinerating the rest off.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey - welcome everybody - thanks for checking this out!

I want to express my great gratitude to the awesome people at Avant Research and in particular Tony Savage. All my experience with their products and service have been top notch and Tony really went out of his way to give me the oppurtunity to test and log this. And if you all haven't tried Synthesize yet - get some - the beta's priced at friggin' cost at NP for crying out loud and it's good ****!

Anyways, back to napalm - here are the pics I promised:

I will be updating with thoughts on the product and more pics periodically

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in Resolve, subed. I have never used this stuff, come to think of it I have never gotten lean enough to need to use it. Think it will take about 3" off? LOL
When I tested it last summer, it took about 1.75 inches off of my waist in about 3 weeks. And that wasn't even applying it all over my waist.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Heheh.

Well keep in mind that everyone responds differently. I happened to respond very well and so have a lot of others, fortunately.

tomato head

tomato head

Awards
When I tested it last summer, it took about 1.75 inches off of my waist in about 3 weeks. And that wasn't even applying it all over my waist.

Ok so now I have to give this a try too. That's a big goal for me this year is to show my abs! I'm in where do I sign?

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck Resolve... I love the feeling of this stuff when you put it on!!!!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Good luck, Resolve! Napalm has treated me very well! I'm sure you'll love it!

P.S. Clean your mirror! :D

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ha, yeah, I guess I should. I'm in the middle of moving, so cleaning house has become somewhat secondary.

Another question for anyone who can help - I have been applying my second round of Napalm at about 4:30pm. This is about ten hours after the initial app (at ~6:40am), but it is also 1hour before workout, at 5:30. I have assumed that the 1hour between application and working out is sufficient for Napalm to soak in and dry, but wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be sweating it all off while lifting. Is this a valid assumption?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would wait and apply it after the workout just to be sure.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I'm with rpen. An hour after application if I touch my abs it still feels a little greasy/moist (or whatever you'd call it), and I figure if it's still there, it still might absorb a bit more.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the advice - I'll wait until I'm done at the gym then. :)

As a side note - I've been told on several occasions recently that a topical fat loss agent "can't work," because "spot reduction isn't real." Not here on AM, mind you, but by acquaintances and fellow lifters.
I get the biggest kick out of the workout and supp advice that I get from people who don't know what they're talking about.
I mean, the difference between locallly induced lipolysis (i.e. Napalm) and doing crunches in the hopes of deflating that spare tire makes the two incomparable. And the concept of locallizing specific biochemical processes, topically or otherwise, is incredibly well established. Cortisone creams, products like IcyHot, and topical or injectible anaesthetics are all perfect examples of how application of certain chemicals to specific loci can render effects only in the area applied. It just makes sense that if histamine action can be suppressed, or feeling negated, then other processes, such as lipolysis, should be up-regulatable.
A bit of a rant, but I think it's poignant

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is no such thing as an innocent adipocyte (subbed).

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nick, probably the best way to convince someone is simply pure science.

1: Steroids. 2005 Jul;70(8):538-42. Epub 2005 Apr 12. Links
Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application.Armanini D, Nacamulli D, Francini-Pesenti F, Battagin G, Ragazzi E, Fiore C.
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy. [email protected]

Cortisol is involved in the distribution and deposition of fat, and its action is regulated by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice root, blocks 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus reducing the availability of cortisol at the level of adipocytes. We evaluated the effect of topical application of a cream containing glycyrrhetinic acid in the thickness of fat at the level of the thigh. Eighteen healthy women (age range 20-33 years) with normal BMI were randomly allocated to treatment, at the level of the dominant thigh, with a cream containing 2.5% glycyrrhetinic acid (n=9) or with a placebo cream containing the excipients alone (n=9). Before and after 1 month of treatment both the circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer of the thighs (by ultrasound analysis) were measured. The circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer were significantly reduced in comparison to the controlateral untreated thigh and to control subjects treated with the placebo cream. No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol. The effect of glycyrrhetinic acid on the thickness of subcutaneous fat was likely related to a block of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 at the level of fat cells; therefore, glycyrrhetinic acid could be effectively used in the reduction of unwanted local fat accumulation.

PMID: 15894038 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A very concise abstract - and certainly a good starting point for a supplement like Napalm. With 30 other studies supporting the theory behind it (I went to your website), it has a definitive grounding in solid research. Which I had checked out somewhat before ever even contacting you, but that abstract above summarizes things well.

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
I started my napalm yesterday so I'll be following your progress. Subbed.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow - 4days without an update. Good grief! My apologies.
Now one week in with Napalm and, honestly, a difference has occured! My abs are more firmly squared-off, and separation is increasing as well.
I know I promised caliper readings, I will take them tomorrow morning, as I find morning readings to be the most convenient for consistency. Pictures I will try to take also (hopefully in my new house!) but that will probably be tomorrow night.

I have noticed that with applications following a workout and/or shower, that Napalm has a stronger, more lasting sensation on my skin. I've assumed this is due to dilated capillaries and skin, but was wondering if it would, in fact, increase absorption or efficacy?

aquanutz

aquanutz

Awards
  • Established
In addition to you not having sweat and dirt on your skin, I would imagine that it is absorbed much better. I always apply after a shower. :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, Napalm is doing it's job enough that other people are noticing. I was asked by a couple of guys in the locker room what I was doing for my abs, "cuz they, like, have gotten way shredder." :rolleyes: So they weren't the most eloquent of gents, the point is my stomach fat has visibly dropped from a week ago!

I will post pics to share this progress just as soon as I can find my camera - after moving, the darn thing seems to have disappeared. :( I will actually be visiting my parents this weekend, if I cannot find my camera tonight, I will just use theirs tomorrow.

FreakyStyley

FreakyStyley

Awards
Looking forward to the end results. I'm nearing the end of my cut but retaining the stubborn fat, and I think Napalm might be the answer.

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
I like the name of this thread, kinda funny :) Lets see the progress man!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, what a weekend.
Alright, after coaxing my brother into photographing me, he takes two shots and runs off (he's 13). I'm visiting my family today, and spent all morning and afternoon doing yard work to help them out.

So here is the better of the 2 pics, though lighting could certainly have been better, you can still see the deeper separation of the individual "abs" and more definition.

Man, my forearms always look tiny in these shots...I need more reverse curls, I think

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
looking way shredder dude! Gnarly!
All I need is a pic of Shredder from T.M.N.T. for this to be complete :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha - thanks! Yeah the TMNT villain came to mind for me too. I fine with being likened to him - I always thought he was way cooler than the turtles!

I dig your sig - the bit about the sodium intake. Should be tattooed across my forehead.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work sir!

I'm liking the Napalm also. Theres a huge luau pool party event coming up next Sunday. I'm gonna put it to the test to see how much of a 6-pack it can give me in a weeks time.

Thanks for the sig notice. I tend to be a smart arse much of the time. Without the context, and tonality in reality, it doesnt come off right onlinie sometimes. I put that there as a catch-all:)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UPDATE TIME! Caliper readings continue to hover between 5-6mm at the suprailliac skinfold, changing from day to day. The lowest was right at 5 and was on Sunday, the day following a carb "refeed"; the lower reading probably due to fuller muscles.
Just for the record, the measurements I report are actually the average of three readings taken back-to-back, in an attempt to minimalize error.
With approximately one week left of Napalm to go, and 10 days until my wedding, I'm getting pretty stoked!

P.S. - My fiance has not yet ceased to comment on how sexy I have gotten in the past few weeks - oh yeah.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Very solid indeed, the feedback is always nice to hear.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5 Days & Counting!

That's right - 5 days until my wedding, making this my first day of glycogen-depletion. For the next 4 days, I'll be eating ~50g carbs, drinking 3gallons of water and executing 6-8sets per body part of antagonistic supersets. On friday I will begin supercompensating - eating nothing but carbs and drinking next to no water. I won't be messing with my electrolyte balance: it's too dang hot in SoCal right now and I don't want to drop too much salt and end up in hyponatraemia.
I'll probably be feeling crappy and cranky by thursday (that's what carb depletion does to me), and posting final pics on Saturday - the day of the big event!

Napalm is running short, but I'm gonna use it till that bottle's so empty it implodes. It has really made a huge difference in defining my abs - as I come into the "home stretch" I'm really looking forward to the end results!

BTW, Stay Puft, If you don't mind me asking - what kind of degree do you have? R&D, particularly in nutritional chemistry and/or the supplemental industry has been something I've been considering looking into, careerwise. I have BS in molecular biology and have been researching mainly in endocrinology, but let's face it, investigating substances for practical improvement in the gym and body are my passions and what I study in my free time.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday - 3 Days Left

I'm just starting day 3 of Glycogen depletion, with 3 days until my wedding. Abs are looking good. Suprailliac Skinfold measuring at about 5.5mm consistently.

I did total body workouts on Monday and Tuesday, today will be upper body only, Tomorrow HIIT only and Friday will be a refining workout - to hit those parts I'd like to emphasize one last time.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The end of the Napalming

After cutting water at 4pm last night, loading up on fruit, starches and sugar, I dropped almost 4lbs of water weight! I took a couple tablespoons of vegetable glycerine and some taraxicum tabs and partied the night away (my bachelor party).

This morning I chugged a regular Dr. Pepper for the sugar, took some more glycerine, did a quick pump workout and I was ready for my photos. Also, I drained my bottle of the very last little bit of Napalm - talk about perfect timing - ran out on the morning of my wedding day; awesome!

Final stats: 221lbs, ~5%BF (little bit over I think)

I kinda twisted weird on this one a bit, but it's still a good shot

This one show off some of the vascularity in my shoulders and chest, as well as better shading across my abs

These last two are attempts to display the vascularity that has developed in my arms - they're really quite defined - but that bathroom lighting...oh, it's bad.

Compared with my "before" pics, I've made a ton of progress - dropping several percent BF and retaining plenty of muscle. Hard training, hard diet, good supps paid off!

A HUMONGOUS THANK YOU TO AVANT RESEARCH AND THEIR PROUD LEADER SIR SAVAGE! SIMPLY AWESOME PRODUCT, IT'S NOW A PERMANENT MEMBER OF MY CUTTING TOOL KIT!

P.S. - Keep your eyes open for a pic of me and my new "Mrs. Resolve"!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very nice job, my man. Well done.

And again, huge congrats on getting hitched.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lookn good bro!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good progress. All the best! :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job brother! Congrats on the marriage!