Sesathin question

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
I've read on other boards and here, how people take their Sesathin and have rarely seen anyone post mixing it in with their protein drink. I looked around to see if that was a "no-no" but couldn't find anything. Just wondering if I missed anything because that's how I take Sesathin by mixing it into my protein drinks.

Also recommendations "for" or "against" taking it right before and after a workout would be appreciated.

Thanks
RMT

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
I would not take it post workout. Taking it with a meal prior to workout will accelerate glycogen depletion. Depending on your goals, that could be good or bad. Mixing it with your protein drinks is ok, but optimally it should be taken with a meal with at least 10g of fat or so. But it would be ok with a protein shake, just not optimal.

toty

Awards
I usually only drink a protein drink in the morning with oats for breakfast. If I wanted to take sesathin in the morning should I put flax seed oil in my protein shake?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How about using it with my pre bedtime meal? Otherwise I'll probably just use it with my dinner.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks for the info Prol.

I drink most of my protein in 2% milk at around 16 ounces.

I also don't drink it Pre or Post workout. I just wanted to make sure with you guys.

But, when you say, "optimally" are you saying that because I may be using skim milk and hardly getting any fats or are you saying that because of some other reason?

Thanks again,
RMT

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Toty, you can add flax oil, or in RMT's case, have a few fish oil caps to make up the extra 5 grams of fat. Stick with the 10g to be on the safe side. Sesathin isn't exactly cheap, but it is worth the cost, so you might as well make the most of it.

I wouldn't reccommend mixing it w/protein shakes b/c it tastes pretty nasty. Just squirt the syringe in your mouth and wash it down. The taste does not linger, so the flavor is no big deal, but why drag it out?

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
It will work best (optimally) with a higher fat meal. But it will still work well in a relatively low fat meal. I like Natty PB mixed with splenda on whole wheat toast. I liek the different flavor it adds to the PB.

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Really can't taste it at all in my protien drinks that why I go that route. I just wanted to see if what I was doing was going to make it not work in some way or fashion.

I kept reading people shooting it into their mouth and chasing it with water or juice and commenting on the taste. Since I've been using Sesathin I've put it in my protien and not tasting it at all.

Thanks
RMT

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, maybe I should try the shake route after all. I just assumed if it is gross, why draw out the nasty flavor. I tried using caffeine anhydrous in a shake once. I had to dump it. :sick:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Some say Sesathin should be combined with a hi-fat meal, others say use it with a hi-carb meal. Directions just say use it with a meal, I think. Maybe Twin or Par could clear it up, or whether either makes a major difference. Thanks.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
From a post i read by an Avant man on another board... it doesn't matter if you eat it with a high fat, or fat, or low fat or carb/low carb.. or anything at all.. it will absorb ( if that is the correct term) faster if taken with said meals... but the "magic" happens in the liver.. and it will eventually " work itself out"

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
Defnitely take it with a high carb meal, if fat gain is a concern. It will work fine w/o a high fat meal, it is just slightly better absorbed with high fat. By high fat, were just talking 10g or more. Most meals probaly have at least this. Considering 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal has 6g alone.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Some say Sesathin should be combined with a hi-fat meal, others say use it with a hi-carb meal. Directions just say use it with a meal, I think. Maybe Twin or Par could clear it up, or whether either makes a major difference. Thanks.
With a fatty meal, you will get greater lymphatic absorption (as you do with oral esters/ethers of androgens), so bioavailability will be better.

But, unlike with androgens, SesaThin does much of its magic in the liver, so it is not bad to have it go right there.

As far as carbs, it counteracts many of the negative effects of carb overfeeding (increased glucose and TG output from the liver, lipogenesis, etc.)

d2Lw

Awards
optimally it should be taken with a meal with at least 10g of fat or so.
Is it bad/good to take it with FishOil/Lecithin? I mean, is it optimal to be taken with high fat meal because it minimize the fat absorption or just that SesaThin needs fat as medium?

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
Is it bad/good to take it with FishOil/Lecithin? I mean, is it optimal to be taken with high fat meal because it minimize the fat absorption or just that SesaThin needs fat as medium?
Par summed it up in his post above
With a fatty meal, you will get greater lymphatic absorption (as you do with oral esters/ethers of androgens), so bioavailability will be better.

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
Is the type of fat important?

Would it be better to take it with a meal having something like lecithin or something like egg yolks?

grape ape

Awards
someone at the beginning of this post to take it with at least 10 grams of fat. I s this much really needed? The bottle says to take it up to six times a day if you gain fat easily (If I read and understood this correctly) This would like consuming quite a bit of extra fat if one is trying to cut body fat. What do you think?

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
In all reality, 60g of fat per day is not that much. But that being said, dont add fat to your meals just to get 10g. Try dosing it with your highest fat meals during the day.