Sesathin and Bulking

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Sesathin has many positive properties including:

1. Huge increase in fat burning.
2. Burn more fat when dieting and when FED.
3. Protects the liver from necrosis.
4. Protects the kidneys from renal failure.
5. Improves cholesterol profile dramatically.
6. Has anti-cancer properties.
7. Protects or elevates vitamin E in the blood stream.
8. Potent anti-oxident and anti-inflammatory
9. Stimulant free

For these reasons and feedback from other members I decided to purchase some along with fish oil (another reccommendation made by more than a few members here). I'm sitting at about 222~ pounds and would like to hit 230 within the next month or two. Like a lot of people here I'd like to gain weight with as little fat gain as possible. That's why those first two properties sound so appealing at this point. Now my question is how much will the Sesathin help me in my bulking efforts? I already have a hard enough time gaining weight, do you think this will hinder my weight gains in any way? How long will it take for me to see/feel results? I've read a few things on this and bulking, but the majority of the info I found was for those dieting down. So any additional info on this and bulking would be great. User feedback is even better. Thanks.

BTW, once I get this I'll perhaps keep a log to help those who may have the same questions I do.

Carb

Awards
In my own personal experience, the full 3 servings a day appreciably hinder weight gain when bulking, with a concomitant decrease in body fat.

After experimenting with various dosages I have found one serving a day to be optimal in striking a balance between LBM gains and reduction/maintenance in body fat levels.

DarkAngel

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 1.5mL in the AM, and 1.5mL in the PM every day for well over a month at this point, and I started bulking on the 3/1/05, doing a cycle of 1AD/4AD and gained at least 10 lbs, and I'm a hardgainer, which means even if it's some fat, it's hard for me to even do that much...so I would say that at least on cycle, it doesn't seem to hinder much.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
In my own personal experience, the full 3 servings a day appreciably hinder weight gain when bulking, with a concomitant decrease in body fat.

After experimenting with various dosages I have found one serving a day to be optimal in striking a balance between LBM gains and reduction/maintenance in body fat levels.
These were my findings as well. I use 1 serving at night with protein shake + Olive Oil while bulking.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
An online associate of mind struggled to add weight while on his first steroid cycle using the full x3 dosing a day.

He stopped the SesaThin and the weight gain flew up, but i think he coulda good good benefits of one serving per day.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me personally, I have been taking the 3 servings a day w/ Fish Oil (Super EPA), and still gained 11 lbs lean mass on a 6 week Ergomax LMG cycle @20mg/ED, frontloaded with 1 week of M1T @10 mg/ED. I believe, in my own experience, if you lift hard and take AAS/PH for a cycle with Sesathin, Sesathin should have little to no impact on real muscle gains. Even if you didn't take AAS, I no reason why Sesathin would halt lean mass gains if you eat right and work hard in the gym.

Twin Peak

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When bulking, endos can use "moderate" dosing and still add muscle. Ectos and mesos should limit it to one serving daily.

As the other members have already said, directly or indirectly, you need to strike a balance and that balance will vary from person to person.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TP, I understand what your saying with the body types, it makes sense.
I gain muscle very easily, so Sesathin hasn't affected muscular gains. Im a hybrid meso/endomorph. Perfect body type for bulking (and unfortunately gaining fat).

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
When I used 3 servings a day of Sesathin when trying to bulk, weight gain was hard to come by. I had to add extra carbs at the 3 servings a day. IF your bulking, I would up the carbs 50-100g a day over what you normally bulk with.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
This was the type of feedback I was looking for. Thanks guys and keep it coming.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pro...this being due to its glycogen depleting properties...no?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Just got my Sesathin and plan on using one serving once a day with a protein shake along with about 3 grams of fish oil a day to start out. And just a shamless plug, but I happened to order from bulk nutrition this time. Not only did my order arrive within 2 days, but in the comments section I had asked for them to hook me up with a fruit flavored protein sample (I was curious on how they tasted). They actually sent three samples (Substance WPI, GFPro and Nuerostim+C). They may not be the cheapest, but their customer service is top of the line.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Sesathin has glycogen depleting properties? I was unaware of this, anyone else have any comments on this.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
SesaThin (PPAR-alpha agonist) increases fatty acid and glycogen oxidation, hence the statement above about finding a balance when trying to gain mass. When trying to loss fat, glycogen depletion leads to increased fatty acid oxidation (this is the basis for the UD2 setup), so taking more SesaThin while cutting is beneficial.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
yep. If I take it preworkout, I tend to get greta pumps intially, and than flatten out towards the end. But when I take in a bunch of simple carbs PWO, I fill out very nicely, with not much bloat at all.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Haha, well I guess I will take it during my depeletion day (the 22nd) before my 21st bday (the 23rd) when I have a massive (MASSIVE) carb up :drunk:

I like to take sesathin 2-3 servings on non workout days, and 1 serving about 8 hours before my workout.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
When bulking, endos can use "moderate" dosing and still add muscle. Ectos and mesos should limit it to one serving daily.

As the other members have already said, directly or indirectly, you need to strike a balance and that balance will vary from person to person.
When should this be taken to be most effective then? And is one serving a day really even worth it or should we just leave it to the endo's?

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
One serving a day will have benefits. I believe spook recomended taking it with the breakfast. Id be lying if I said I know why, Ill search around for a bit.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
From Spook

Its unrelated to this topic but for those interested DGAT2 is the one that releases TAG from your liver. this is why PPAR-alpha ligands are such good lipid disposal agents. They prevent DGAT2 from releaseing TAG in to the blood stream while the ramp up DGAT 1 to store TAG in your liver and muscle tissue.

I would think these would be desirable effects but if you do not like it I would sugest once daily dosing instead. probobly in the mourning would be best. That way all those TAG stored in your liver or muscle tissue will be oxidized while you slumber.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am an endo and bulked quite easily on 3 servings a day. It blunted fat gain almost entirely. If only I hadnt have run out :(

I am now using it on a PSMF cut @ 6 servings a day for the 1st few days(with 4.5g EPA/DHA) and for the remainder I will use 3-4servings a dya with 3g EPA/DHA. I wll post results here when I'm finished. UIf you are interested check out my log on avant.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using it at 2 servings per day on lifting days, and 3 servings daily on non-lifting days. I really don't think it's hindered my gains any, as I'm up about 15 pounds or so in 5 weeks time. I've made some good strength gains as well (dbol/test cycle btw), so for me it's had no negative impacts on cycle as of yet.

It does seem to blunt the pumps I experience from workouts to a certain degree, but size and strength gains are still coming along nicely. The one day I didn't take any before working out, I experienced pumps in my shoulders so intense I could barely finish my workout, so in that regard the reduced pump is a bit of an added bonus.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
I just try to not use it a couple hours before I workout. When bulking, Ill take it in the first couple of meals.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the next few weeks I'm going to try taking just one serving of sesathin on lifting days, and 2 servings on non-lifting days, just to see if it serves to speed up the gains I experience. From most of the postings in this thread, it seems that the level I'm at may be overkill for on-cycle bulking purposes.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The reduced pumps is likely due to its inhibition of PG/inflammatory cascades.

Flatness when not working out is likely decreased intramuscular triglycerides.