Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    @JonnybonesJon Bones Jones

Someone tell Chael he knows where I'll be waiting

17 hours agovia TweetList Pro
    I would really like to see this fight.

Did you see the interview with Chael talking about fight GSP, Jones or Dos Santos? lol
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I would really like to see this fight.

Did you see the interview with Chael talking about fight GSP, Jones or Dos Santos? lol
    I didn't see the interview, but I read something about him wanting those fights. I don't know see Chael fairing well against anyone on that list. GSP might be his best bet out of those options, but even then, if GSP fought Chael the way he fought Shields and nullifies the ground game, then Chael is screwed. Granted, Chael's TD's are at least twice as effective as Shield's, but still. I think Chael would do well if he got JDS to the ground, but that's a big guy with great stand up and probably reach advantage and I just don't see Chael overcoming JBJ's reach, ontop of JBJ's TDD.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Picture of Aldo and Maynard sparring

Aldo looks pretty big next to Maynard, who's supposedly one of the biggest 155'ers in the division.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Faber loses his hair in support of his sister

NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Big Nog shows off gnarly scar after surgery

NSCA - CSCS
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Dan Hardy wants to fight Matt Hughes

Britain's one and only UFC title challenger Dan Hardy is finally looking at making at a return to the Octagon, and he wants to smash Matt Hughes in the face.

Hardy has taken time away from the Octagon after suffering a fourth straight loss, the latest of which came against Chris Lytle, and he spent the time completely transforming his training camp. The welterweight has worked with the likes of Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort and Georges St-Pierre, and he is finally talking about a UFC return.

The Brit currently does not have an opponent nor date, but he is targeting late Spring for his next fight. Top of his list of opponents would be the legendary Matt Hughes, and Hardy revealed he has already alerted the UFC to the potential fight.

"I've mentioned Matt Hughes to Lorenzo [Fertitta]," Hardy told ESPN. "He's been on a rough streak as well recently, he'll look at me and see I've lost four fights and think he can outwrestle me.

"I also genuinely don't like him. I need a fight to get up for and I'd take great pleasure in smashing him in the face. I won't talk about why I don't like him, it's some knowledge I have about him away from the sport. Even students around where he lives bet against him."

Like Hardy, Hughes is also believed to be potentially one loss from a UFC exit after suffering a knockout at the hands of Josh Koscheck last time out. Asked if the UFC is receptive to the idea, Hardy insisted that nothing is in the works, but he did admit that Fertitta loved the idea.

"Lorenzo would love to see it; more than anything he just likes a good fight! That's why I've not been cut yet because I come to fight. I think Matt Hughes would be an entertaining fight," Hardy said.

"Mind you at the same time, I don't want somebody who's on their way out of the sport. I don't want to go calling out Royce Gracie! I would
    want Hughes to come to win."
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Countdown to UFC 141 Lesnar vs Overeem

NSCA - CSCS
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

"UFC 141: Lesnar vs Overeem" Conference Call Audio

NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Diego Nunes: My Game Plan for UFC® 141

NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Jon Fitch aiming for winner of Carlos Condit-Nick Diaz

There’s no question Jon Fitch’s recent accomplishments in MMA are on par with the two individuals fighting for the UFC’s interim welterweight belt at UFC 143, Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz. Fitch is 21-1-1 since 2003 with his only loss coming via decision to Georges St. Pierre and the other blemish involving a draw against B.J. Penn many felt should have gone his way. However, Fitch has been forced to watch both men pass him by due to both a shoulder injury and his sugar-free style of grinding opponents down rather than finishing them.Fortunately, Fitch has a chance to put his name back near the top of the 170-pound pile this Friday night when he faces 11-1 wrestler Johny Hendricks at UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem. And, while he knows the interim champion will have first crack at St. Pierre when he returns in 2012, the former Purdue Boilermaker also thinks there could be a chance the man holding that title is him.

“The way I look at it, the winner of the interim belt, that’s like the golden ticket for me. You get to fight for that, and nobody can jump over the guy with the golden ticket. So if you hold that thing, you’re guaranteed that shot with GSP. That’s the way I’m looking at it, that’s the way I approach it, and that’s where the hunger comes from. You get that golden ticket and you get that ride to the chocolate factory,” Fitch joked in an interview with the UFC’s website.

St. Pierre is expected to be out until late summer if not fall meaning the necessity for Diaz/Condit to put the interim strap on the line could certainly be a plausible scenario given their bout’s date being in early February.

Before Fitch concerns himself with the possibility of sneaking into the mix he has Hendricks in front of him, an accomplished grappler with knockout power.

“He’s got a strong left hand, good clinchwork, he’s a good wrestler, good cardio, and he’s a good all-around fighter,” said Fitch of the 28-year old Oklahoman. “I think I excel in a lot of those elements and I think that my experience and ability to blend everything together is what’s gonna overwhelm him and win me the fight.”

And even if he has to wait a little longer than desired for a second crack at a UFC championship that’s okay with Fitch even though he feels he deserves the opportunity, knowing contendership is out of his control to a certain extent, adding, “All I can do is keep winning and keep racking up those Ws and start putting some people away again.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Nate Diaz Denies Altercation with Cowboy Cerrone Ever Happened

In the build up to UFC 141, there was a story out there about an incident between Nate Diaz and Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone that led to a little animosity between the two fighters.

According to Cerrone, he had approached Diaz and attempted to shake his hand and the Stockton, Calif. fighter slapped his hand away and a grudge was immediately formed.

Well, now Diaz is denying that the altercation ever happened in the first place. He says that he just avoided Cerrone all together, and he’s not the bully that his opponent is making him out to be.

“Nothing, he made it up, trying to make me a bully,” Diaz said on Tuesday. “I walk the other way when I see him, he’s in the same division as me. I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do, so that’s how it went down.”

For all that and more, check out Nate Diaz from the UFC 141 open workout
    interview:

NSCA - CSCS
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Donald Cerrone Happy to Play a Few Head Games with Nate Diaz

The open workouts at the UFC event are generally at time for fighters to hit a few pads, do some interviews, and maybe put on a show for the fans if they are in attendance.

For Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, Tuesday’s workouts were a chance to mess with his opponent Nate Diaz’s head a little bit.
    Cerrone showed up to the workouts a little bit early and started working on his technique while Diaz was still doing interviews, and it obviously perturbed the former ‘Ultimate Fighter’ winner.

With a smile on his face, Cerrone fully admits that his intention was to let Diaz see the lion he’s about to face on Friday night in Las Vegas.
    Check out what else Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone had to say about his UFC 141 fight against Nate Diaz:

NSCA - CSCS
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Frank Mir says Alistair Overeem has little chance of staying on his feet against Broc

When fellow fighters can't decide how a big tilt is going to shake out, you've got something big on the horizon. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal says Alistair Overeem has a solid shot of stopping Brock Lesnar's powerful takedowns. Frank Mir, a former opponent of Lesnar, says Overeem will be like a fish out of water at UFC 141 this Friday in Las Vegas.
    Watch UFC 141 right here on Yahoo! Sports

If Overeem sprawls or tries to knee, it'll do him no good.

"Brock doesn't shoot that low. He'll put his forehead in your chest, and he's going to run you through. If he's not able to take you down with that initial blast, he's going to run you against the cage," Mir told "The MMA Insiders" on ESPN1100/98.9 FM in Las Vegas. "Then he's going to rip your legs out from under you. Now, you should have gotten taken down in the middle of the area, but instead, you've been taken down against the cage [where it is more dangerous]. Speaking from experience, that sucks."

Mir, was a state champion high school wrestler in Nevada. He was helpless on the ground, crunched against the cage. Overeem is about the same size as Mir. Is he stronger, with better technique? We may find out Friday night.

"Now, you have a guy who is not a black belt in jiu-jitsu and who is not a wrestling All-American who is going to be able to get back to his feet, so what does he do?" Mir said.

Mir said Overeem's background indicates little to say that he'll get back to his feet. He also worries about all the extra mass Overeem has added over the years.

"Are you going to try to tell me he's going to wrestle with a national champion wrestler for five minutes? His cardio is going to suck [after wrestling with Lesnar for a while]. I've seen guys with muscles like that, and that's why he slows down," said Mir.

Overeem has to catch Lesnar in the first 90 seconds or he's got little shot.

Not only did Mir question Overeem's chances to survive grappling, but he's not overly impressed with the guy that some say is the best striker in the heavyweight division. Lesnar may even do some damage standing. Mir pointed out that Overeem was hit a lot in his fight against Fabricio Werdum and tired badly half way through the fight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

The open workouts at the UFC event are generally at time for fighters to hit a few pads, do some interviews, and maybe put on a show for the fans if they are in attendance.

For Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, Tuesday’s workouts were a chance to mess with his opponent Nate Diaz’s head a little bit.
    Cerrone showed up to the workouts a little bit early and started working on his technique while Diaz was still doing interviews, and it obviously perturbed the former ‘Ultimate Fighter’ winner.

With a smile on his face, Cerrone fully admits that his intention was to let Diaz see the lion he’s about to face on Friday night in Las Vegas.
    Check out what else Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone had to say about his UFC 141 fight against Nate Diaz:

O snap!

I can't wait for this fight........on FRIDAY!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting by Mir giving his insight. I don't care for him never will lol. However if it's one thing I've learned, it's that no one no matter how big or bad they believe themselves to be, don't underestimate your opp. That fight's going to be good. Now Volc I've been out of the loop for a while when's my boy GSP fighting again?

When fellow fighters can't decide how a big tilt is going to shake out, you've got something big on the horizon. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal says Alistair Overeem has a solid shot of stopping Brock Lesnar's powerful takedowns. Frank Mir, a former opponent of Lesnar, says Overeem will be like a fish out of water at UFC 141 this Friday in Las Vegas.
    Watch UFC 141 right here on Yahoo! Sports

If Overeem sprawls or tries to knee, it'll do him no good.

"Brock doesn't shoot that low. He'll put his forehead in your chest, and he's going to run you through. If he's not able to take you down with that initial blast, he's going to run you against the cage," Mir told "The MMA Insiders" on ESPN1100/98.9 FM in Las Vegas. "Then he's going to rip your legs out from under you. Now, you should have gotten taken down in the middle of the area, but instead, you've been taken down against the cage [where it is more dangerous]. Speaking from experience, that sucks."

Mir, was a state champion high school wrestler in Nevada. He was helpless on the ground, crunched against the cage. Overeem is about the same size as Mir. Is he stronger, with better technique? We may find out Friday night.

"Now, you have a guy who is not a black belt in jiu-jitsu and who is not a wrestling All-American who is going to be able to get back to his feet, so what does he do?" Mir said.

Mir said Overeem's background indicates little to say that he'll get back to his feet. He also worries about all the extra mass Overeem has added over the years.

"Are you going to try to tell me he's going to wrestle with a national champion wrestler for five minutes? His cardio is going to suck [after wrestling with Lesnar for a while]. I've seen guys with muscles like that, and that's why he slows down," said Mir.

Overeem has to catch Lesnar in the first 90 seconds or he's got little shot.

Not only did Mir question Overeem's chances to survive grappling, but he's not overly impressed with the guy that some say is the best striker in the heavyweight division. Lesnar may even do some damage standing. Mir pointed out that Overeem was hit a lot in his fight against Fabricio Werdum and tired badly half way through the fight.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

GSP is out for at least 10 months!

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Interesting by Mir giving his insight. I don't care for him never will lol. However if it's one thing I've learned, it's that no one no matter how big or bad they believe themselves to be, don't underestimate your opp. That fight's going to be good. Now Volc I've been out of the loop for a while when's my boy GSP fighting again?
    Like Judgement said, 10 months, which is one of the reasons why Condit and Diaz are going to fight for the interim WW belt.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Oh crap I have been real busy with work and kids, but didn't know that. What the hell happend to my boy?

GSP is out for at least 10 months!

19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Torn ACL. He had surgery this week.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone watch the weigh ins?

I am so pumped to watch this, it's gonna be wicked!

21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I saw the video. I wonder what Overeem really weighs and if he pulled a Frank Shamrock and filled his pockets.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I saw the video. I wonder what Overeem really weighs and if he pulled a Frank Shamrock and filled his pockets.
    Yeah like why the hell was he so much lighter, doesn't he normally weigh in right at 265 most of the time?

23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah like why the hell was he so much lighter, doesn't he normally weigh in right at 265 most of the time?
    He weighed 256 when he fought Werdum and 253 when he fought Rogers.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

It's time to see if the REEM will live up to the hype.

25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

UFC 141: Brock Lesnar Vs. Alistair Overeem Weigh Ins Gallery And Results

UFC 141 is less than 24 hours away headlined by Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem. The two monstrous heavyweights will square off in what could be the most anticipated heavyweight clash of 2011. The co-main event of Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz is likely a lightweight title eliminator and a surefire Fight of the Night candidate. The talented Esther Lin of MMA Fighting has provided all the photos.
    Official Weigh Ins Results
    Main Card:
    Brock Lesnar (266) vs. Alistair Overeem (263)
    Donald Cerrone (156) vs. Nate Diaz (157*)
    Jon Fitch (171) vs. Johny Hendricks (170)
    Alexander Gustafsson (203) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205)
    Jim Hettes (145) vs. Nam Phan (146)
    Preliminary Card:
    Junior Assuncao (145) vs. Ross Pearson (145)
    Danny Castillo (156) vs. Anthony Njokuani (154)
    Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Sean Pierson (171)
    Efrain Escudero (155) vs. Jacob Volkmann (155)
    Luis Ramos (171) vs. Matt Riddle (170)
    Manny Gamburyan (146) vs. Diego Nunes (145)
    *Diaz was one pound over, has one hour to drop the weight. Cerrone said he's fine with fighting at 157. Diaz dropped the pound and made 156.
    Gallery after the jump...
    SBN coverage of UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem

NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

UFC 141 Weigh-In Video and Results

NSCA - CSCS
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

UFC re-signs Miguel Torres after former WEC champion reaches out to rape victims

Less than a month ago Dana White declared popular bantamweight Miguel Torres had been cut by the UFC, even going so far as to imply his career with the organization was officially over, after Torres Tweeted a joke about a “rape van” he lifted from a sitcom. Today the 40-4 Torres is officially back on the roster.

White introduced Torres earlier today after the pre-fight press conference for UFC 141 where he explained the 30-year old had attoned for his sins by donating time, and money, to rape centers in the Chicago area where the mulleted Mixed Martial Artist resides. He was also said to have undergone sensitivity classes, giving him a new perspective on why rape is not a subject for punchlines.

Torres had also gone online after the original incident to apologize while vowing to become a better person as a result of his mistake.
    No word was given on when Torres would return to the Octagon. He was last seen in November at UFC 139 where he outpointed Nick Pace on the preliminary portion of the card. Torres has won three of his last four fights with the lone exception involving a hard-fought decision loss to Demetrious Johnson.
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Nate Diaz: “When I fight, I’m mad.”

If you think Nate Diaz‘s standard expression while fighting looks like a face of frustration, it’s because it actually is. The 26-year old who meets Donald Cerrone in the co-main event of UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem on Friday night seems to always have a sadistic smile on his mug, possibly a little surprising from a fighter that has earned seven post-bout awards in his fourteen UFC fights, but according to the 155er there’s a good reason for it.

“When I fight, I’m mad. I’m starving, I had to make weight, I trained my ass off, and I’m there to entertain,” said Diaz, in a recent interview with UFC’s website. “I’m just trying to do what I gotta do. Some people are out there trying to be the nicest guy, but I feel like a lot of that is frontin’. When you see me on camera, I’ve got to fight another person, and I’m not gonna put on a front.”

Diaz, coming off a submission victory over Takanori Gomi earlier this year, will try to halt the runaway train that is Cerrone when the two square off tomorrow evening. The two have had some heated exchanges but, to Diaz, that’s all part of the process even if he actually respects his adversary.

For example, at yesterday’s pre-fight press conference, Diaz removed Cerrone’s trademark cowboy hat during a staredown between the two, yet in reference to his opponent Diaz explained, “He’s actually one of the guys who likes to fight in the UFC, compared to people who like to wrestle and jump around, point scoring and doing all that funny stuff.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Overeem looks like a damn bodybuilder lol

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Overeem looks like a damn bodybuilder lol
    The amount of LBM he gained from LHW to HW is ridiculous. He went from a relatively small guy to a sheer beast right before our eyes.

NSCA - CSCS
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Brock has long ass arms relative to his torso length. He really does look like some kind of gorilla standing there on the scale with his arms hanging so long relative to his torso.
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

My money is on Donald Cerrone over Nate Diaz, but I think I'm rooting for Nate at this point. I'm also pulling for Brock, with the hope that he doesn't disappoint by some odd reaction to getting hit in the face. I'm also expecting Fitch to win. I don't see anybody beating Fitch outside of GSP and if Fitch can climb his way into contendership before GSP's return, I see Fitch getting the interim belt over Nick or Carlos.
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

My money is on Donald Cerrone over Nate Diaz, but I think I'm rooting for Nate at this point. I'm also pulling for Brock, with the hope that he doesn't disappoint by some odd reaction to getting hit in the face. I'm also expecting Fitch to win. I don't see anybody beating Fitch outside of GSP and if Fitch can climb his way into contendership before GSP's return, I see Fitch getting the interim belt over Nick or Carlos.
    My money is on Cerrone, Fitch and Overeem.

34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Mike Tyson Breaks down Lesnar vs Overeem

NSCA - CSCS
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

BROCK!!!

36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Ronda Rowsy Trains with the Diaz Bros.

NSCA - CSCS
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Damn that was cold blooded. Gonna need more surgery after that...
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Well I lost money on Jon Fitch, Vladimir and Cerrone But won money on the REEM

39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

You could see Nate trying for a Judo throw all night, but he never got deep enough with his control. Wow, the Nate vs Cerrone fight surprised me, I didn't see Nate controlling the striking in the dominant fashion that he did and he gave Cerrone his props post fight, which is usually what the Diaz bros do. They need to hate you before the fight, but usually let that vaneer go after the fights done (unless it's a loss).

Brock, Alistair, I can't say I'm shocked. I bet that the was the hardest Brock's ever been kicked. Didn't Alistair break Peter Aerts arm when Aerts blocked one of Alistari's kicks? And Brock got kicked flush. I haven't seen a body kick land so flush since Mirco Cro Cop.
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

Jimy "the kid" Hettes bringing back a big win to our hometown
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM