5'10"  205 lbs.

I liked the Gina Carano pic.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Same here she is a hottie!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Same here she is a hottie!
    Have you ever rolled with a hot girl? Wouldn't full mount feel like a felony? and what the hell do you do with north/south? My old roommate is a math teacher at a jr. high and he had a big thing for one of the other teachers, she was well above average good looking. Anyway, somehow he ended up giving her a private BJJ lesson at her house and he said it was really hard not to get aroused. He's a particulalry conservative Christian at that, so it was like double jeopardy.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Hey Rodja, what's the local MMA scene like out in Texas? Are people level headed or is there a bad case of wannabe bad'assery? I find out here, the people with the most fight experience are the most humble & down to earth, while the guys with the least (to no) amount of [cage] fights have the worst case of bad'assery. Also, I may even say that the local BJJ tournie scene has the same amount of anabilic steroid use as the amateur MMA scene. How is it out in Texas?
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Have you ever rolled with a hot girl? Wouldn't full mount feel like a felony? and what the hell do you do with north/south? My old roommate is a math teacher at a jr. high and he had a big thing for one of the other teachers, she was well above average good looking. Anyway, somehow he ended up giving her a private BJJ lesson at her house and he said it was really hard not to get aroused. He's a particulalry conservative Christian at that, so it was like double jeopardy.
    That would suck lol. I've rolled with a heavy set girl before(thank God she was wearing a GI lol) so thankfully I havn't been stuck in a situation like your friend, that would suck, like a 1 on 1 private lesson rolling with a hot girl....are you sure nothing happend? lol

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Miguel Torres Reacts to UFC Release After Twitter Rape Joke

In case you somehow haven't heard by now, Miguel Torres was released from the UFC following making a joke involving rape on Twitter. Torres became the first person to be released from the UFC for such actions despite other somewhat similar incidents. Torres took to his website to issue an apology and message to his fans:

"I have a lot to be thankful for in my life, I have my beautiful wife and daughter, my family, my health, my gym, and in terms of my career, I succeeded to the biggest stage in the sport of mixed martial arts, the Ultimate Fighting Championship. I am very sorry for upsetting my bosses at the UFC, and also to my fans and everyone else who was upset by the language in my tweets. I understand it was wrong, and I meant no harm or disrespect. Given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to make things right. I am going to learn from this. I think life throws you opportunities that can make you a better person, and so that's what I'm going to do here. That is how I am going to react. I am going to use this to improve myself, and I hope that my fans will continue to support me."
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140: Is Lyoto Machida Sick Heading Into Fight With Jon Jones?

Lyoto Machida made weight just minutes ago for his UFC 140 bout with Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight championship. He looked to be in his usual level of shape while Jones looked very fit but also was booed loudly by the Toronto crowd.
    Still, there are rumors that, despite what may be a very pro-Machida crowd, all is not well for the challenger. This came from Sherdog's Jordan Breen on his pre-event chat:

Of course, these are just rumors at this point and it's not the first time we've heard such information heading into a fight. But it is worth noting that the word is out there and Machida may face more than Jones' dynamic attacking style when the two men step into the cage.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida - Full Weigh-in Video

NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Jones happy he’s fighting ‘respectful’ Machida, but still says he’s solved his oppone

Name:  jones_happy_hes_fighting_respectful_machida_but_still_says_hes_solved_his_opponents_riddle.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  56.8 KB

Jon Jones is getting be himself again. He doesn't need to engage in a match of verbal warfare at UFC 140, but he was still able to get off a few shots at Lyoto Machida, his opponent this Saturday.
    Jones talked about getting "clowned" by Quinton Jackson well before UFC 135. He has no such issue with Machida, a man of few words.
    "I respect him a lot, probably more than half the people in the UFC. Just because of the person he is," Jones told the media during yesterday's UFC 140 workout day.

Jones isn't having to amp himself up for a prefight. "It is nice to have this fight. No one's talking junk. Everyone's being respectful to each other. Everybody's focused on why we should really be here," Jones said. "Well, as a fan it's great to here some smash talk, but as a fighter I'm here only to show my tactics. That's why he's here and that's what's going to make this such an awesome fight."
    That said, Jones is an extremely confident kid and couldn't help himself from sounding borderline ****y when speaking about his versatility versus Machida's.

"It's interesting because everyone keeps asking me, 'how are you going to solve Lyoto Machida's puzzle?' But it's been solved already. I have blueprints," Jones said. "I really think I have more technique than he does, more skills, more tools. I can fight southpaw and do the same exact techniques and combos that I can do in an orthodox stance. That's something that he can't do."
    Machida, once labeled as unbeatable when he destroyed Rashad Evans at UFC 98. The Brazilian was nearly impossible to hit at the start of his career. In recent fights, he's chosen to stay in the pocket more.
    "When he started, he was way more elusive," Jones said. "Now, he engages a lot more. He likes to fight a little bit more. Maybe he gave into criticism a little bit. A lot of people said, 'Oh, he's boring.' Or maybe he just believed he needed to change his style, who knows?"
    That may lead to Machida's demise on Saturday night or it may be his only path to victory against the very long and elusive Jones. Is there really any point to Machida trying to control the distance? If he tries, he may never hit Jones.
    Machida is a huge underdog in this spot. His karate-style of striking is unique and it certainly gives him a chance to be the first to solve the Jones' riddle. Machida comes in as a plus-380 dog.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 Breakdown: The Main Event

“Welcome to the Machida Era”, were the words uttered by UFC color commentator Joe Rogan as Lyoto Machida turned in one of the most jaw-dropping Octagon performances to dispose of then champion Rashad Evans and capture the UFC light heavyweight title. Machida was the epitome of an unsolved riddle in MMA: a man with an unorthodox yet extremely efficient style who was making his opponents look like rookies by virtually connecting with every single strike and absorbing none. One fight into his title reign however, that all changed. After being made to look human for the first time by Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in a fight many thought “The Dragon” should have lost, Machida fell victim to his compatriot’s power in the rematch… and so ended the Machida era before it ever really began. One year later, a phenom by the name of Jon Jones made headlines with his utter destruction of Rua, the same man who put an abrupt end to Machida’s stint at the top of the division. Armed with otherworldly offense and freakish athleticism, Jones has turned into one of MMA’s legitimate can’t-miss fighters, and he has a serious claim to being the most exciting talent in the sport. This Saturday, arguably the two most talented fighters in the division square off, as Machida bids to reclaim his crown from MMA’s latest “unsolved riddle”, Jon Jones.
    Light Heavyweight title fight: Jon Jones (c) vs. Lyoto Machida

Any attempt to analyze Jones’ skill set should be prefaced by the reality that, at such a young age and a relatively early stage in his career, he will keep improving on a fight-to-fight basis, which is quite scary. Whatever flaws Jones might have shown in his game (and there were certainly some), they could well be reduced — if not rectified entirely — come the next fight.

From a technical perspective, Jones’ striking isn’t exactly textbook. At times, his footwork can be iffy. Moreover, he has yet to learn to sit on his punches in order to create maximum power (he has a tendency to overextend), and when pressed, he doesn’t offer much in terms of countering. In fact, in his fight with Quinton Jackson, there was a couple of instances where he resorted to running away. He won’t have that luxury against Machida, as unlike “Rampage”, the Brazilian will not predictably move forward, plant his feet and look to throw the same left hook-right hook combination. Machida’s ability to suddenly leap in and tag his opponents with remarkable accuracy is something Jones and his camp should no doubt have been on the lookout for in their preparation for this bout. The speed and deceptiveness of Machida’s attacks mean Jones can’t afford to implement some of the methods he did against Jackson, especially given that Machida, while at a reach disadvantage, can cover distance much better than “Rampage.”

To Jones’ credit, despite the technical holes in his striking (his kicking technique could still use a lot of polishing, despite its efficiency), he has learned to make the most of his reach seemingly overnight. Against Ryan Bader, Jones’ striking looked somewhat poor. Despite his immense reach advantage, he threw unnecessary techniques that put him in compromising positions (a useless superman elbow could have cost him early). However, five weeks later, he showed a completely different approach against “Shogun” Rua. While he wasn’t exactly pumping his jab and sticking it in Rua’s face, Jones’ kicks gave Rua, as well as his next opponent, Jackson, all sorts of trouble. With his lanky frame, Jones’ kicks allow him to stay even further on the outside, and give his opponents very little opportunities to counter.

This is where Machida’s mastery and impeccable timing will be put to the test. A counter-puncher at heart, Machida feeds on split second windows where his opponent is most vulnerable. With Jones’ reach however, this will be an extremely difficult task. As the champion inevitably kicks Machida’s legs and body, “The Dragon” could well endure a frustrating night with very little openings for counters. As such, the Brazilian needs to be a bit more aggressive than usual. That is not to suggest that he needs to move forward constantly, but he certainly needs to throw with more volume than we’re used to seeing from him, and occasionally be the first to engage. Volume could ultimately prove to be the deciding factor, as if Machida is simply content to sit back and wait for the right moment to counter, Jones will be peppering him with leg kicks which, at the very least, will allow him to get ahead on the judges’ scorecards.

Admittedly, employing a more aggressive approach is easier said than done, in part due to the quality of Jones’ offense and in part due to the fact that Machida has been used to fighting a certain way for so long, and it might be unrealistic to suddenly expect him to change. Timidity is what ultimately cost Machida his fight with Jackson, as it wasn’t until the third round that he finally decided to step in, cut “Rampage” off and counter, as opposed to simply moving away. Finding the right balance between his usual patience and aggression will be key. Ideally, Machida throws some body kicks (from distance, as he wouldn’t want to risk being taken down), throws his usual lead feints, and uses them to leap in with his trademark left cross. If Machida is to win this fight, then a pinpoint leaping left to Jones’ chin is his most likely path to victory.
    That being said, Jones’ offense, both on the feet and on the ground, is something Machida has never had to deal with before. In fact, Jones might just be the best offensive fighter in MMA at the moment. Think of the punishment Mauricio Rua was able to withstand from Dan Henderson, then think of what Jones was able to do to him. The equal efficiency that he possesses from distance and close-quarters is quite unique. In fact, on the inside, Jones is even more dangerous. His knees and elbows from the clinch are quite devastating, and his ability to punish his opponent’s body makes him truly stand out from the pack. Be it spinning back elbows from up close, left hooks to the liver, or some brutal knees from the clinch, Jones overwhelms his opponents like very few fighters can.

More worryingly for the champion’s opponents, not only can they get roughed up in the clinch, but they can just as easily find themselves going for a ride. Jones’ unpredictable takedowns on the inside could well be his most effective weapon. Machida is very good in the clinch, possesses an extremely solid base, and he is incredibly tough to take down, but if anyone is capable of planting him on his back, it’s Jones. In fairness, “Rampage” Jackson did show that Jones’ takedowns aren’t impossible to defend, but he still found himself on the bottom eventually. Machida’s footwork will make it more difficult for Jones to close in on him however, and if Jones is to take him down, he will have to earn it the hard way.

Jones has displayed some versatile wrestling in the past, as he effortlessly took Bader down with a double leg from the outside. However, Machida’s speed and reflexes, coupled with his great takedown defense should make that hard to pull off. Nevertheless, it is difficult to envision Machida managing to stay upright for twenty-five minutes. At some point, Jones’ clinch work will wear on him, and he will find himself on his back. From there, it is vital for Machida to get back to his feet rather quickly. In the past, he’s proven to be difficult to hold down, but having someone like Jones on top is a different proposition altogether.

Jones has the luxury of being able to stay in guard and land some cringe-inducing elbows to the head and body, or show his ever-improving grappling by advancing his position. Ever since the Vladimir Matyushenko fight, Jones has shown some terrific guard passing skills and overall submission grappling ability. This level of diversity is hard to find in MMA. Even harder is finding someone with Jones’ size and frame who can move so fluidly on top. Machida should be wary of getting overzealous in his attempts to regain his feet, as any scrambles will give Jones the opportunity to get a front headlock and transition to a guillotine (or its variations), or take the back and sink his hooks in. Worse yet, If Machida gets stuck on the bottom, his chances of winning the fight will be over, whether it’s due to the referee pulling Jones off or Bruce Buffer reading the judges’ scorecards. Crucially for Machida, he needs to stay clear of being taken down in the middle of the cage, as he will need the fence to wall-walk without giving his opponent many opportunities to get dominant positions in the scrambles.

Machida has a chance in this fight, and it is bigger than that of any other light heavyweight in the world. As long as the fight is on the feet, Machida is the most equipped fighter to make Jones pay for his occasional lazy habits. Furthermore, he possesses the mixture of power and accuracy to outright end Jones’ night with a well-placed counter. However, if Machida has one road to victory, Jones has many, and it is tough to overlook the diversity and flat out brutality of his skill set. “The Dragon” will have his moments, but ultimately, Jones will prove too much as he puts on yet another dominant display on his way to a clear decision victory or late stoppage.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 Breakdown: The Undercard

In a year where some of the UFC’s top fighters have been continuously plagued by injuries, getting the chance to watch one of the most exciting talents in the world for the fourth time in 2011 comes as an early Christmas present. Jon Jones may just have been the year’s most pleasant surprise. It is not that he has exceeded expectations — as his potential was never in doubt — but the timing of his rise has caught everyone, including Jones himself, off guard. After all, it was only ten months ago when Jones was merely helping his then training partner and current bitter *****, Rashad Evans, prepare for his scheduled title bout against Mauricio “Shogun” Rua. However, an injury sustained by Evans in training changed the light heavyweight division’s entire landscape, and the rest, as they say, is history. But before Jones steps inside the cage for arguably the toughest test of his career, MMA legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira will bid to avenge his 2008 loss to Frank Mir in the evening’s co-main event. Nogueira’s brother, Rogerio, faces a must-win situation in his bout with a resurgent Tito Ortiz, while former featherweight top contender Mark Hominick faces Chan Sung Jung in what can only be described as sure-fire violence.
    Preliminary Predictions

* Mitch Clarke to defeat John Cholish by Decision
    * Rich Attonito to defeat Jake Hecht by Decision
    * Mark Bocek to defeat Nik Lentz by Submission in Round 2
    * Yves Jabouin to defeat Walel Watson by Decision
    * John Makdessi to defeat Dennis Hallman by TKO in Round 3
    * Jared Hamman to defeat Constantinos Philippou by Decision
    * Krzysztof Soszynski to defeat Igor Pokrajac by Decision

Featherweight Fight: Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung

Following his stunning submission victory over Leonard Garcia, “The Korean Zombie” faces what could well be the toughest fight of his career.

Hominick is the better and more technical kickboxer, and he will be the superior fighter on the inside. In particular, Hominick’s body shots — his left hook to the body to be exact — are absolutely devastating. He seldom gets predictable with those body shots, as he will mostly use them to finish off combinations. Moreover, Hominick possesses serious fire power with his right cross and lead left hook. Jung’s habit of getting sloppy could come back to bite him here, as it has always made him hittable, and with someone as proficient on the inside as Hominick, he could pay a big price. Conversely, Hominick himself is guilty of standing inside the pocket a fraction too long. More worryingly, he tends to stand right in front of his opponents with little movement. This got him in trouble against Jose Aldo last April, and Jung possesses the power to punish him for it as well. To Hominick’s credit, he possesses a very solid chin, but he should nevertheless not attempt to tempt fate.

Despite not being especially known for his leg kicks, Jung would be wise to use them liberally in this bout, as Hominick’s flat-footed stance and his allergy towards checking kicks is well documented. The Canadian’s takedown defense is equally shaky, but despite his underrated ground game, Jung lacks the offensive wrestling to consistently put him on his back. Despite showing a more composed and technical approach in his bout with Garcia, this remains a tough match-up for Jung, who is coming up against a superior striker who can take advantage of his defensive deficiencies and punish him with counters.
    Official Prediction: Mark Hominick to defeat Chan Sung Jung by TKO in Round 3

Welterweight Fight: Brian Ebersole vs. Claude Patrick

Patrick is replacing Rory MacDonald on relatively short notice, and the result is a much less interesting fight. Nevertheless, this is quite the opportunity for the Canadian in his home country, in what is certainly a winnable fight. Patrick is a versatile wrestler who can both change levels and rip double legs, as well as rough opponents in the clinch and get trip takedowns from there. This will be his obvious path to victory, as Ebersole’s takedown defense is nothing to write home about, and while he is good at scrambling and escaping, he doesn’t pose much of a submission threat from the bottom.

Patrick’s stand-up however, is a little raw, and Ebersole will be the better striker of the two. While somewhat wild, Ebersole’s striking is deceptively versatile, especially in close-quarters, as he can rough opponents up with knees and elbows from the clinch. Furthermore, should Ebersole get on top in a scramble, he possesses some very good ground and pound. He is very active from the top, will often look to stand up from the guard and reign down some heavy leather, and has some brutal elbows to boot.
    Patrick’s cardio is a little iffy, and that could well be the deciding factor in this fight. After a bright opening round for the Canadian, his cardio will likely fail him, and Ebersole will take over on his way to a decision win.

Official Prediction: Brian Ebersole to defeat Claude Patrick by Decision

Light Heavyweight Fight: Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

As always with any Ortiz fight, his chances depend on whether he can plant his opponent on his back; the Ryan Bader fight notwithstanding. Nogueira’s takedown defense has historically been not up to par, and he has been out-wrestled in his past three fights. However, to his credit, that aspect of his game has gotten increasingly better and the improvement could be seen from fight to fight. While it looked horrific against Jason Brilz (as was his entire performance), his takedown defense held up in patches against Bader and he completely shut down Phil Davis’ double-leg attempts in the first round of their encounter. It wasn’t until Davis closed the distance and started going for single legs that he was successful in putting the Brazilian on his back. In fact, single legs have long been Nogueira’s Achilles Heel, as he often looks hapless defending them and instead opts for fruitless guillotine attempts.

Single legs aren’t especially Ortiz’s bread and butter, as he is almost exclusively reliant on his — admittedly great – double leg takedown. Even at this stage in his career, Ortiz was still able to put Evan on his back with a double leg in their August encounter. One of the key aspects in Ortiz’s power double is his ability to cover great distance when shooting in with very little set-up. The good news for Ortiz is that if he gets Nogueira down, as tricky as the Brazilian’s guard is, Tito will be more than happy not to pass it, as his entire game is designed around landing elbows from full guard. Conversely, while not nearly as dangerous as his brother off of his back, Nogueira still possesses some dangerous half guard sweeps, and if he manages to secure one and get on top, he won’t find it too hard to pass Ortiz’s guard and work from there.

If Nogueira’s cardio is in check, the fight is his for the taking, as Ortiz’s cardio hasn’t held up in ages, and there is little to suggest it will now. Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan will assuredly be surprised when Ortiz inevitably slows down midway into the second round, but the fact is, this has happened in pretty much every Ortiz fight since 2006. Should that be the case once again, Nogueira will have little trouble stuffing Ortiz’s takedowns and pick him apart with his superior boxing. While hittable and has some less than stellar footwork, Nogueira can put some crisp combinations together that will likely prove too much for Ortiz to handle.

Official Prediction: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira to defeat Tito Ortiz by Decision

Heavyweight Fight: Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

While Nogueira will almost inevitably show up in better shape this time around, the nature of the match-up hasn’t changed all that much. Despite a fantastic win over Brendan Schaub last summer, Nogueira’s defensive striking, footwork and head movement continued to leave something to be desired, and this has been the story of his career. In his prime, he was able to compensate with an otherworldly chin and crisp offensive boxing. Nowadays, while his ability to put combinations together has persisted, he is a slower version of the man who once was the world’s top heavyweight.

Mir will be the faster striker, and will probably have a little more power in his punches as well. While his performances have been inconsistent, he is the more versatile fighter on the feet. He will be more light-footed, and will use his footwork to try to stay clear of Nogueira’s right cross. That will be crucial for Mir, as that particular punch is the perfect antidote for a southpaw, and Mir has never been one to take a punch all that well. Mir will look to throw the same combination that led him to victory the first time around; the straight-uppercut-straight. Nogueira’s habit of tucking his head down makes him especially vulnerable to that combo, and the Brazilian needs to learn from his mistakes if he is to make amends for his 2008 loss.

Mir’s takedown defense isn’t bulletproof, but it should be enough to hold off Nogueira. “Minotauro” doesn’t possess much of a shot from the outside, and instead relies on securing the clinch, get double underhooks, and trip his opponent to the ground. This is where the outcome of this fight could be decided, as Mir has been dominated in the clinch in the past, but he’s also had some success, such as in his last fight against Roy Nelson. If he can create a little bit of space and punish Big Nog with knees, he will be safe. However, if he gets pushed around against the fence and allows Nogueira to dirty box and potentially put him on his back, he will be in trouble.

Despite Mir’s Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu proficiency, there isn’t a heavyweight in the world that Nogueira can’t out-class on the ground. If Mir tires and Nogueira manages to drag the fight into its latter stages, he could well put him on the ground and dominate from there. Nogueira’s guard passing is ridiculously effortless, and his submission arsenal is as good as it gets. If things get too desperate, he could well pull guard and look to sweep, as he possesses some of the best open guard work the sport has ever seen.

While the fight will probably be more competitive than their initial encounter, and Big Nog certainly has a chance if he connects with a combination or takes Mir down, the fact is, he isn’t getting any younger or faster, and he will likely come off second best against his ***** once again.

Official Prediction: Frank Mir to defeat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira by TKO in Round 2
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I agree with the main event predictions. I think Jones, Lil Nog and Mir will win tonight. All tho im going for the complete oppisite lol.

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I agree with the main event predictions. I think Jones, Lil Nog and Mir will win tonight. All tho im going for the complete oppisite lol.
    Same here, although I'm neutral between Lil Nog and Tito. I'm rooting for Tito for nastolgia sake, but a win for Lil Nog is probably more relevant as far as title contention. So Tito for sentimental value, Lil Nog for objective value.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida - Live Results and Play-By-Play for Pay-Per-View Card

Our Facebook live coverage can be read here and our ION undercard coverage is here.
    SBN coverage of UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida
    The PPV has started.

Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung - Round 1
    - Hominick throws a wild right and Jung cracks him with a counter and Hominick goes down. A flurry by Jung follows up and Hominick is eating them and the referee stops the fight. Chan Sung Jung wins by TKO (punches), 0:07 Round 1.

Claude Patrick vs. Brian Ebersole - Round 1
    - Ebersole with a straight left that misses. Ebersole shoots for a leg and Patrick defends well. Ebersole pushes him to the cage. Now Patrick has Ebersole pushed into the cage. Ebersole drops down for a takedown and Patrick locks up a guillotine and pulls guard. It looks deep and Eversole gives a thumbs up. Patrick has to give up on it and now Ebersole is on top. Patrick stands up without taking any damage. Jab by Ebersole. Patrick with a nice left. Two punches and a jab by Ebersole. Ebersole tries for a takedown and can't get it. Patrick with a nice flurry of punches and uppercuts. I don't think anyone will agree with me but I went 10-9 Patrick.

Round 2
    - Patrick with a few punches and then misses badly with a takedown attempt. Patrick with a nice left hand and a knee to the body. Elbow by Ebersole on the break. Ebersole looks for another takedown. Patrick with a knee and a couple short elbows. Patrick shoots and Ebersole defends. Patrick pushing forward with strikes. Catches an Ebersole kick and takes his back standing briefly but Ebersole turns into him against the cage. Patrick with a nice flurry and it's the best offense of the round. 10-9 Patrick again.

Round 3
    - Ebersole working and working for a takedown and he turns into Patrick who was sprawled out defending. Patrick manages to get up and Ebersole picks him up and slams him back down. Patrick tries to get up and Ebersole takes his back and is landing some decent punches. Patrick standing up but Ebersole riding his back. Patrick gets free by attacking the arm. Patrick tries to lock in a choke, Ebersole gets out. They're up and Patrick lands some nice shots. Good body shot by Patrick. Patrick goes for another choke and Ebersole gets out. Patrick took the round at the end there. 30-27 Patrick on my card.
    Official Scorecards: 29-28 Ebersole, 29-28 Patrick, 29-28 Ebersole. Brian Ebersole wins by split decision.

Tito Ortiz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - Round 1
    - Tito with a head kick and some punches. Uppercut gets in for TIto. Tito shoots and is looking for the single leg. They trade shots but Tito with nice punches here in the clinch. Hard shots by Nogueira. Nogueira with a hard shot and Tito drops! Tito recovers and gets full guard. Body shots are hurting Tito and he is forced to cover up. Nogueira is wearing himself out a little bit. Nogueira throwing a lot of body shots here and Tito isn't doing anything. He's rolling around on the ground now clutching his ribs. Tito is badly hurt. It was a knee to the body that started it and elbows and punches to the body on the ground that ended it. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira wins by TKO (body punches), round 1.

Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - Round 1
    - Jab by Nog gets in. Another jab lands for Nog. And again he gets in with it. Nog looks for a takedown which gets stuffed. Nogueira working him against the cage and Mir turns him. Mir gets the takedown into Nog's half guard. Nogueira gets up. Nice elbows by Nogueira in the clinch, and again. Big knee and a left hand. Noguiera landing hard and Mir drops! Nog with more punches and Mir manages to escape from a choke. Mir briefly on top. Mir takes the arm with a kimura. Nog won't tap. They're rolling, Nogeira still wont tap and the shoulder pops. Frank Mir wins by submission (kimura), round 1.

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship: Jon Jones (c) vs. Lyoto Machida - Round 1
    - Jones misses with a leg kick and then a jumping kick to the leg. Machida moving out of the way of punches early. Jones misses another punch, and then misses a spinning back kick. Machida with a leg kick. Leg kick by Jones lands hard. Machida left hand is blocked. Machida doing well still at avoiding Jones' strikes. Leg kick by Jones and Machida with a left hand, right hook that misses. Machida rushes forward and can't land clean. Body kick and left hand by Machida is his best offense so far. Machida flurries after a Jones miss. Machida hits Jones hard! Jones defends but eats a body kick. Right hand by Machida. 10-9 Machida round.

Round 2
    - Both men land early leg kicks. Jones flicks a head kick that just misses. Jones missing with a few punches as Machida is still using distance brilliantly. Jones with a leg kick. Jones looking to spin. Machida is tagging him after slipping a kick. Very good flurry by Machida. Right hand lands hard for Jones. Jones with a big takedown and he's looking to land elbows. Machida cut open from an elbow. Jones looking for a choke now. Machida standing up and Jones tries to take his back standing. Big John stops the fight to let the ref check the cut. Back to the clinch to restart it. Jones working knees to the thigh and body. Both men land big punches at the same time and Machida briefly drops. Jones locks up a hard standing guillotine and Machida goes out. Jones drops him to the mat and walks away. Jon Jones wins by technical submission (standing guillotine), round 2.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I don't know what shocked me more, Mir popping out Nog's shoulder in a submission win against the BJJ legend, or JBJ putting Lyoto to sleep with the standing guillotine, then letting his limp body drop to the floor as he turned and walked away.

Nog was killing on the feet, too, that killed me. JBJ seems unstoppable, in an Anderson Silva'esque way. Lyoto seemed to be Jones most challenging fight to date, but I wouldn't exactly say JBJ struggled, it just took him longer then normal to dominate.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Rumor Overeem Out Of UFC 141 Possible Failed Drug Test

Before the UFC 140 post-fight press conference a rumor started to circulate among media that the UFC was about to announce that Alistair Overeem was out of his UFC 141 main event with Brock Lesnar. The popular rumor was that Frank Mir, on the strength of his arm breaking win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, would replace Overeem for a rubber match with Lesnar.

While Dana White was quick to shoot down the rumors, asking where they come from, the rumors did persist. And White denying that the fight was in jeopardy doesn't mean that there aren't issues. White wouldn't talk about this in public if things weren't clear one way or the other. Then again, it could all be a rumor and mean nothing.

As for the reasons for a possible issue, Josh Gross from ESPN tweeted a very
    interesting bit of information:

http://twitter.com/JoshGrossESPN

White denies Overeem is off the Lesnar card. But Alistair is on Mon.'s NSAC agenda. I've heard possibly in connection w/prefight drug test.

Now, obviously this isn't based on anything more than hearsay and I'm certainly not saying that there was an issue with Overeem's pre-fight test. I'm just passing along information on what is being talked about by the media. He is on the NSAC agenda so that means there may be some sort of issue, but we'll have to wait until Monday to get the full story.

Until then, again, it's all just rumor.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida Video: Full Fight Highlights

NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Video: Full Fight Highlights

NSCA - CSCS
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Chael Sonnen digs into the psyche of “The American Psycho”

You can add comedic-actor to UFC middleweight contender Chael Sonnen‘s lengthy resume, as the outspoken 185er and Ultimate Fighter icon Stephan Bonnar worked together on a skit for the World MMA Awards which Sonnen was served as co-host for.In the skit, Sonnen plays a doctor who is helping his patient, Bonnar, get back to his “American Psycho” self after years of torment from his childhood.
    Sonnen is set to face Mark Munoz in January at UFC on FOX 2 in the co-main event with headlining action between Phil Davis and Rashad Evans. If victorious, the “gangster from the mean streets of West Lynn” will receive a title shot against UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva later in 2012.

NSCA - CSCS
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Just watched the post fight press and Dana said the Overeem rumor isn't true.......but who knows!

Fights went like I thought, wtf can't believe Tito loss the way he did tho. I thought Mir was done but wow what a turn around.

Puts him to sleep then walks away, I couldn't believe it, I thought Lyoto was gonna take this one the way he was setting up those rushing combos.

21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

was a great fight card finally, so many let downs in the past that i stopped buying them. hopefully they start making monster cards like they did for ufc 100.

PS that standing guillotine, with your hands not closed, wow, JBJ is strong.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 Photo: X-Ray of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's Broken Arm From Bout Against Frank

It pains me to write the following, but UFC 140 may have given us the greatest submission in mixed martial arts history. In terms of the caliber of fighters involved, the comeback nature of the submission and the defiant holding on until the bitter end, can you think of a better one?

Whatever your opinion on the foregoing, this kimura (or ude garami/double wristlock) submission HAS to be analyzed and the set-up explained so that we can fully appreciate the violent beauty of this UFC 140 Submission of the Night . Time to make myself useful and launch into the table-setting.

In one instant, we saw Frank Mir dazed and tilting severely to the left as several stiff punches from Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira thudded into his skull. Almost in the next instant, we saw Mir sprawling atop Big Nog with a kimura that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Mir ruthlessly cranked the submission until the visible snap of the humerus occurred, forcing Herb Dean to immediately step in and probably thousands of viewers to visibly recoil.
    If we can get over the initial burst of discomfort from the actual snap, we can have a productive discussion about how exactly a kimura works and why it worked so well in this particular case. The basic mechanics to operate this specific submission have been known for quite a while. Catch as catch can wrestlers call this the double wristlock. Judokas call it the reverse ude garami. Brazilian jiu jitsu players mostly call this submission the "kimura", after Masahiko Kimura famously snapped multiple bones in Helio Gracie's arm in a challenge match held in 1951. The various grappling arts know of this submission and how it forces a near-Hobson's choice of "tap or snap" upon the person within the hold by exerting extreme torque on the upper arm.

Join me after the jump for a breakdown of how exactly Mir came back from the near shores of unconsciousness to submitting one of the better heavyweight grapplers in mixed martial arts history.

After wobbling and dropping Mir with several strong blows, Big Nog sprawled atop his nearly motionless opponent. For whatever reasons, Nog's take upon the gestalt of the fight led him to go for an arm-in guillotine. The combination of the spatial placement of both fighters, the timing and the physical sensations of Mir's motions led Nogueira to trust his instincts and seize upon the guillotine as his preferred fight ending action over the continued sprawling and flinging of punches to Mir's noggin. Unfortunately, the submission attempt led to an improbable sweep and a truly surprising finish.

Here, we see Nogueira shift from punching Mir to going for the guillotine. Mir probably is not in full control of his faculties at this point, yet when Nogueira goes for the guillotine, Mir instinctively rolls over his right shoulder and flops to his right side. Yes, this gives Big Nog the top position and a clear path to mount, but it also alleviates some of the discomfort and pressure upon the carotids and windpipe that the guillotine creates. Immediately, Mir begins to separate himself from Nogueira's hips and we see how Nog continues to go after the choke.

After a brief flirtation with pulling some kind of crazy half guard, Mir wises up and uses his right hand to push Nog's right hip away from him. Once Nog is perpendicular to Mir (and thus less able to apply that specific guillotine choke), Mir rocks backwards and lifts Nogueira's right leg off the ground. Due to Nog's dogged pursuit of the guillotine, his center of gravity is too far off of Mir to resist the sweep. Nog gets spun like a dreidel, yet in the classic "make lemonade out of lemons" style of his grappling, he refuses to concede side control and shifts himself into a wrestling sit out.

The wrestling-style sit out allows a fighter to use the slightly askew center of gravity of the opponent on top to sprawl sitting up towards one particular side - and potentially offers avenues to rear mount or at least a bodylock on a turned away opponent. This particular sit out is nicely timed and showcases the more recent vintage of grappling the Nogueira brothers now train. However, Big Nog leaves his right arm down low, between Mir's legs. The left hand is controlling Mir's right hand nicely and the body is sprawled out in good fashion. The only weak link is that right hand. It should be up around Mir's waist and tight to the body.

Instead, Big Nog leaves the arm out there and Mir latches on to it from an inferior position. From the brief rearranging of positions here, you can tell that Big Nog wanted to take the back from here or to prevent the shift into side control. Nogueira lifts the left leg - which is a miscalculation, as it allows the right leg to be lifted up and moved over onto the proper side of Nogueira to truly being exerting in terms of sports news and reporting. Mir has backed his way into side control and Big Nog does not expect him to be where he is or to possess the static strength he does.

Once that bump into side control is achieved, Mir has the correct angles to get Big Nog's arm into the right positions. He has his left hand pinning Nogueira's right wrist to the ground and his right hand snaking underneath Big Nog's upper arm and locked onto his own left wrist. This is the classic figure four double wristlock that judokas call the reverse ude garami and BJJ players the "kimura". The submission is essentially set now. Mir steps over the head - or at least tries to - and smashes his chest downwards as Nog looks like he knows exactly what is coming and wants no part of it. At this point, Frank's massive static strength is starting to take over. Big Nog's right arm is being dragged into the classic right angle required for the reverse ude garami. The pressure of Mir's bodyweight is considerable, yet the location of his body allows Nogueira to upend him in an attempt to alleviate the increasing torque on the arm. Big Nog wants to straighten that arm out and shake loose from the double wristlocks grips, but it does not work.

Mir keeps his grips tightly secured and continues to extend the arm behind Nogueira's back. Even when Big Nog is briefly on top, the torque of the kimura is sufficient that the only thing Big Nog can do to not tap out right there and then is to continue rolling and hope something shakes loose. No such luck happened. Once atop Big Nog again, Mir drags the right wrist along the ground and pulls the entire arm towards him. Within a second, that arm is bending in a way that the human body cannot tolerate and SNAP!

Big Nog tapped, but it was too late. His humerus had been cleanly fractured and Frank Mir had his third career technical submission victory. This was far nastier than the armbar that snapped Tim Sylvia's forearm bones and much more difficult than the guillotine that put Cheick Kongo to sleep. This was legendary, as much as I hate to say it. Frank Mir tapped out Minotauro in brutal and memorable fashion.

Perhaps this kimura used quite a bit more of brute strength than most submissions we are used to seeing within mixed martial arts. Perhaps Francisco Santos Mir is not quite the lovable icon that Big Nog is. But you should be respecting his ability to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat through some of the most singularly successful desperation comebacks through submission that we have ever seen.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida Results - Jon Jones is the Best Fighter on Earth

I've made no bones about the fact that I don't care for Jon Jones' personality. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.
    Until the bell rings and he starts to fight.

At UFC 140, Jon Jones put his amazing talent on display again when he faced Lyoto Machida.
    Machida didn't make things easy on Jones. In fact, Lyoto won the first round using his solid game of movement and opportunistic striking from distance. Jon went back to his corner and actually looked a bit confused and even worried sitting on the stool between rounds. But in the second round, something clicked. Jones stopped being so willing to stay on the outside, reach not being a huge asset against Machida, and took to the inside. In the clinch, Jones owned Machida and it became quickly clear that he knew it. Once he got a takedown and landed an elbow that opened up Machida's head you could see Jones get a surge of confidence (something he confirmed at the post-fight presser).
    The choke finish by Jones seemed almost inevitable once Machida was cut and Jones came on strong.

In the aftermath of the fight I had to sit back and really think about it before typing this. But, I'm ready to call Jon Jones the best fighter in the world. I have trouble thinking of any fighter at 205 who can give him trouble. I'm a big fan of Rashad Evans, but I find it hard to believe that Rashad could stop Jones or win 3 of 5 rounds. The idea of Anderson Silva being able to withstand the attack of the much bigger Jones just doesn't click for me either.

Jonathan Snowden touched on this over at MMA Nation:
    Jones looks completely unstoppable against the top fighters in the world. He's never looked like Silva did underneath Chael Sonnen before a miracle win rescued his title. There is no way a fighter like Jake Shields intimidates Jones the way the former Strikeforce star scared St. Pierre.
    Jones is the one person in MMA who I can't see losing right now. That isn't to say he's unbeatable, no one in MMA has that claim. Simply that Jones should be a sizable favorite against anyone who isn't a top heavyweight (and maybe even then). I feel like I'm in full hyperbole mode, but what we saw last night was a special fighter and one of the most amazing talents the sport has ever seen. And I'm sold on him as the best fighter in the world.
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Now Jon Bones Jones and Greg Jackson are in the middle of a sportsmanship controversy

NSCA - CSCS
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarce View Post
    was a great fight card finally, so many let downs in the past that i stopped buying them. hopefully they start making monster cards like they did for ufc 100.

PS that standing guillotine, with your hands not closed, wow, JBJ is strong.
    His hands were interlocked. He did what is known as the McKenzi-tine.

It looks like Overeem might be in some trouble with the NSAC; he's on the agenda for Monday and the rumor is, no shock here, a failed PED test.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    His hands were interlocked. He did what is known as the McKenzi-tine.

It looks like Overeem might be in some trouble with the NSAC; he's on the agenda for Monday and the rumor is, no shock here, a failed PED test.
    That's the rumor and names like Frank Mir are being thrown around as a possible replacement, maybe even Cain, we'll see.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

That's the rumor and names like Frank Mir are being thrown around as a possible replacement, maybe even Cain, we'll see.
    Mir makes the most sense from a marketing perspective.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC planning 2012 takeover of Brazil

The UFC already has one event planned for Brazil in 2012, as UFC 142 will take place on January 14 from Rio de Janeiro.Now, word of a May show in Brazil has been all-but confirmed by UFC president Dana White, who talked about the event at the UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida post-event press conference Saturday night.

White didn’t have much to say in regards to where the card might take place, but said the UFC is looking at holding the fights in a stadium arena, much like the Rogers Centre in Canada did in April of this year.
    “How many events are we going to do in Brazil next year? Right now, what I know, we’ve got two coming up,” White said. “We’re gonna do Rio and probably another one in May.”

UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva
    is currently on the sidelines with a shoulder injury, but has mentioned a possible return in late spring or early summer – putting him on schedule for the May Brazilian show. Heavyweight king Junior dos Santos has also mentioned an interest in fighting in front of his countrymen this summer. White also said he is flying to Brazil on Monday to begin casting on a version of The

Ultimate Fighter
    in Brazil.
    UFC 142 will feature featherweight phenom Jose Aldo defending his divisional title against undefeated grappler Chad Mendes with other bouts including Sam Stout vs. Thiago Tavares and Anthony Johnson vs. Vitor Belfort.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Following hospital visits, UFC futures of 'Big Nog' and Tito Ortiz uncertain

Name:  tito-ortiz-21.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  78.6 KB

TORONTO – Former UFC champions and MMA legends Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (33-7-1 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Tito Ortiz (16-10-1 MMA, 15-10-1 UFC) may have reached the end of the line.

Nogueira and Ortiz were each transferred to a Toronto-area hospital following losses to Frank Mir and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, respectively, on the main card of Saturday night's UFC 140 event, and UFC president Dana White admitted each of them may have fought for the final time in the octagon.

Following the evening's post-event press conference, which took place at Air Canada Centre, White said he would have to talk with each fighter individually, but he wasn't willing to guarantee a UFC return for either athlete.

As of Saturday night, Ortiz was being inspected for potentially fractured ribs. The man formerly known as the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" opened up aggressively in his fight, but a well-placed knee to the body sent Ortiz crashing to the ground, and "Lil Nog" pounded away until he earned the stoppage at the 3:15 mark of the first round. Ortiz writhed in pain for several moments before finally rising to his feet.

"Tito came out swinging," White said of the performance. "Tito went after it in the beginning of the first round, and he got caught to the body.

"He's in the hospital … with something. He could have a fractured or broken rib. Those things take a long time to recover from. We'll see."

White previously told Ortiz, who is now 1-6-1 in his past eight fights, that it was time to hang 'em up following an October 2010 loss to Matt Hamill. However, Ortiz pleaded his way into one more fight and used the opportunity to shock Ryan Bader in a first-round submission win. Ortiz has since dropped back-to-back fights.

White didn't seem exactly optimistic about another fight for Ortiz, who has expressed interest in a May trilogy bout with Forrest Griffin. However, he did say he would talk to "The People's Champ" before making a final decision.

"I honestly don't know," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "You know, I'm always looking for guys' health. It's not like Tito got viciously knocked out tonight. He got hurt to the body. We'll see what happens.

"I don't know. I've got to talk with Tito. We'll see."

"Big Nog's" last stand?

Meanwhile, Rodrigo Nogueira suffered a broken arm in his dramatic co-main event with Mir after refusing to tap to a deep kimura. UFC officials tweeted a picture of Nogueira's X-ray, revealing the fractured appendage, and White said there may be additional shoulder and elbow damage. Nogueira will on Sunday fly to Los Angeles to seek surgical repair.

White also discussed a potential retirement with the 35-year-old Nogueira following his February 2010 loss to Cain Velasquez. Nogueira also made good on his reprieve, scoring a surprising knockout win over Brendan Schaub at UFC 134.

"The last time, I said after he got knocked out that 'Big Nog' should look at (retiring)," White said. "He got mad at me. He got all bummed out. Then he came out and pulled off that win with Schaub.

"'Big Nog' looked great tonight until that submission."

Indeed, he did, rocking Mir before ultimately falling victim to the nasty finishing hold. But with Nogueira now on the shelf for what looks like a significant amount of time, White said he hopes the legendary Brazilian will at least consider calling an end to a career that dates back to 1999 and includes more than 40 fights – many of them all-out wars with fellow superstars Josh Barnett, Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Bob Sapp, among others.

"You've got to look at a guy's entire career, not just how it's ending," White said. "'Big Nog' has been in wars. I was at the PRIDE fight when he fought Mirko 'Cro Cop.' 'Cro Cop' was just blasting him with kicks to the body and shots to the head. Then he ends up pulling off that submission win in the second round. He's had a career where he's been through wars.

"'Big Nog' is a nice guy, and he's a guy whom I respect. I know they get pissed off at me when I say this stuff, but again, it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm the one that makes these decisions. I'm going to have to sit down and talk to him. I don't want to see him get hurt – or anybody else."

If Nogueira is done, he would leave with an octagon record of 4-3, including a February 2008 win over Tim Sylvia to become the UFC's interim heavyweight champion, a title he would promptly lose to Mir in the pair's first meeting. His accomplishments in PRIDE would qualify Nogueira as a certain Hall of Famer if one existed for the sport. Currently, the UFC only supports a UFC Hall of Fame, and "Big Nog" would have trouble earning a spot based solely on his work in the octagon.

Tito Ortiz, UFC Hall of Famer?

Meanwhile, Ortiz has fought all but one of his career contests in the UFC, earning him the distinction of holding more fights in the octagon than any other competitor in history. The former UFC light heavyweight champion often clashed with White, and often very publicly, but the UFC boss said Ortiz's accomplishments have likely earned him a place in the promotion's Hall of Fame.

"Tito has a significant place in the history of this sport, whether he and I had (differences or not)," White said. "When you really think about it, the battle between Tito and I [as well as] Chuck (Liddell) and I and Tito really did help build this thing in the beginning. It was a big story. You had people who love Tito and hated me and were on my side and didn't like Tito. It was a pretty big real storyline that happened.

"I can be honest now and tell you, me and Tito at our absolute worst, when things were just as nasty as nasty could be behind the scenes was when he fought Lyoto Machida. That was probably one of the craziest times in my entire career since I've been here."

It was prior to that UFC 84 clash that Ortiz infamously came to the weigh-ins with a T-shirt that read "Dana is my bitch!" The two also took part in a tense post-event press conference following Ortiz's decision loss to Lyoto Machida.

"To explain to you guys how angry that guy used to make me, it was crazy," White said. "It was literally crazy. Those were crazy times, man. It was weird.

"Someday you guys will see it all because most of it is on video. The video blogs that we shoot, those were video blogs that never went out."

Ortiz's longtime *****, Liddell, was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in July 2009 and then walked away from the sport one year later after suffering his third-straight knockout. Liddell currently serves in an executive role for the UFC, but White wasn't sure Ortiz would be extended the same offer when his fighting days are finally over.

"Chuck is a guy who I really feel helped us build this business," White said. "It's easy to sit back now and look at the 'monopoly' of the UFC, but back in the day, everybody was coming into the business. PRIDE was bigger than we were. When money was easy, you could just make a phone call and raise $300 million. All these guys, everybody loves the fight business. Everybody wants to be in it, and everybody was trying to be in the fight business at that time. There were certain guys through the thick and the thin that were there for us in the time of need. There's guys like Chuck, Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin, Joe Rogan.

"When Joe Rogan was on 'Fear Factor,' I don't know if I've ever said this publicly or not, but when I called Joe Rogan and said, 'I think that you would be great for commentary in the UFC. What do you think? Are you interested?' or something like that, they guy was on the highest-rated show in network television at the time, 'Fear Factor.' He did the first 15 UFCs for free. We didn't pay Joe Rogan a dime for the first 15 UFCs. Joe Rogan gets paid now. Believe me, he gets paid! But just to show you the kind of stuff that happened early on in the early days. It's easy to sit back now and call us a monopoly and say all this other stuff, but it was rough times back in the early days of the UFC."

News on the future of both fighters may be slow in coming. White on Monday travels to Brazil to begin the casting process for the first-ever international version of "The Ultimate Fighter."
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 Results: Dan Henderson Calls Out Jon Jones, Wants to Test His Chin

Shortly after UFC 140 ended, former Strikeforce and PRIDE champion, Dan Henderson campaigned for a shot at Jon Jones. He turned to twitter to make the case for a title shot:

@danhendo
    Dan Henderson Congrats to @jonnybones -- great win. Hey @danawhite, I'd like to see if his chin is as good as he thinks & I'm ready to go.
    Dec 11 via SeesmicFavoriteRetweetReply

Aside from the winner of Phil Davis vs. Rashad Evans, Henderson is probably the only light heavyweight that can draw a ton of interest in a match against Jones. He has the wrestling, and that bomb of a right hand that can cause stylistic problems, plus he's riding high coming off a very impressive run in 2011. That hot-streak has seen him win the Strikeforce light heavyweight title, KO the greatest heavyweight of all-time in Fedor Emeliananko, and defeat Shogun Rua in a fight of the year candidate. While it is a very interesting match up, there could be issues with timing, as Jones said during the post-fight press conference that he wanted to take a few months off. (Transcribed by MMA Mania):
    "I would like to take up to four months off, maybe even five. Come on Dana, give me a break, give me a break please. Yeah, fighting maybe three times in 2012 would be nice, but you know a break sounds nice, too. So, it's really up to the UFC, one of my goals is to be a company guy, so if the UFC asks me to do something, I probably won't put up much of a fight. So it's really up to Dana."
    If the bout against Jones does happen though, let's hope it comes sooner rather than later, as the 41-year-old Henderson isn't getting any younger.
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Greg Jackson to Jones "Go check on Machida..to get some fans"

NSCA - CSCS
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Lyoto Machida and Antonio Inoki, slap of respect?

NSCA - CSCS
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 140 POST FIGHT RECAP WITH THE MMA ANALYST [BetMMA.ca]

NSCA - CSCS
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I saw this before, thats some odd respect right there lol

35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I saw this before, thats some odd respect right there lol
    Seriously, wth.
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Buakaw HighLight Ultime 2011

NSCA - CSCS
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thai Fight 2011 (Semi Finals) Buakaw Por.Pramuk VS Mickael Piscitello ice-zy.com

NSCA - CSCS
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

THAI FIGHT 2011 BUAKAW POR.PRAMUK VS MABEL ABDALLAH 9/10 ice-zy.com

NSCA - CSCS
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thai Fight Japan 2011 Buakaw Por Pramuk Vs Tomoaki Makino 2/2

NSCA - CSCS
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Gotta love Muay Thai!

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM