Athletix Sports Daily MMA News

Page 21 of 111 First ... 16192021222326 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Benson Henderson: “This fight is going to be good. It’ll be like two cats trapped ins

15-2 lightweight Benson Henderson has yet to step into the Octagon with champion Frankie Edgar yet he’s already seen their fight play out countless times in his mind. Not only is visualization a part of his training but he also has a great deal of respect for Edgar, understanding how much concentration is needed on the talented title-holder to find the answer to “The Answer.”

Edgar is coming off of two brutal fights against Gray Maynard where, in both bouts, he was nearly finished in the first round only to show unbelievable resiliency in coming back to earn a Draw in the first go-round and a knockout victory in the second. By watching those wars Henderson has taken away a great deal of understanding about his upcoming opponent, a fact he revealed in an exclusive conversation with Five Ounces of Pain.

“The first thing I took away is that he does make mistakes and can be hurt,” stated Henderson matter-of-factly. “He got hurt very badly in both fights in the first round. He does leave openings and make mistakes. He has holes and there are opportunities where you can go after him and throw him off of his game. You also have to take away the fact that he has a huge heart, a very good chin, and a never say die attitude. That’s not something that should ever be discounted.”

With all the publicity surrounding his success in the UFC and his upcoming bout with Edgar, Henderson also has something else to be thankful for. Along with his coach he is now the proud owner of the only gym he has ever trained at, the MMA Lab in Glendale, Arizona.

“It’s about 98-99% done, John Crouch and I purchased the gym from the old owners,” said an excited and proud Henderson. “We are not going anywhere; this is where I am going to be at for the duration of my career. In a few years time we plan on opening other affiliates around the country. This is home for me and we hope to offer opportunities to some young fighters in the area looking to make their way in the sport.

“I’ve got the same guys training with me that I had in the beginning,” the 28-year old continued. “For this fight I am bringing in UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominick Cruz to lend us a hand. He’s a bit quicker and faster than I am. He can emulate Frankie and help me deal with the speed and footwork Edgar possesses. Other than that it’s all the same guys, a bunch of hungry guys trying to make a name for themselves.”

Being so confident in his abilities, Henderson uses visualization as a core component of his training. He puts himself in different scenarios, concentrating on how he can go about getting out of them. The technique also allows him to see himself with his hand raised when the fight is over and done with.

“Visualization is a big part of the mental aspect of my game,” offered Henderson. “I tend to use this three or four times a week. I will get in the cage and shadowbox all the while I am thinking about what I am going to do against my opponent. As the fight gets closer I will get into more specifics and imagine the walkout to the cage, hearing the crowd and the music.

“I will visualize my opponent making his way out to the cage and the Herb Dean or whoever the referee maybe giving us our instructions,” said Henderson, elaborating on what goes into the process. “I can actually hear ‘Big’ John (McCarthy) asking. ‘Are you ready? Are you ready? Let’s get it on!’ I will see how my opponent will react and how I counter his counters. The one thing I visualize is at the end of the fight and that is having my arm raised as the winner.”

The former WEC champion also envisions a fight similar to that in the minds of many others as far as a back-and-forth battle likely to earn Fight of the Night honors.

“This fight is going to be good,” explained Henderson. “It’ll be like two cats trapped inside of a bag. He’s a pretty aggressive fighter who moves a lot, but he remains very active and goes after it. He’s not a guy who will get on the bike and not engage. He moves around a lot, but comes to fight each and every time. We both have aggressive natures so you can expect us to get after it and put on a great fight.”

Henderson is a very confident fighter, but throughout the conversation let it be known he truly understands how important the people around him are to his success and how much they have helped him grow as both a human being and a fighter. He spoke very highly of his training partners and his coaches at the MMA Lab, showing that as incredibly skilled as he is he is also equally humble.

Catch Henderson vs. Edgar this Saturday night as part of a seven-fight PPV card including Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields and Quinton Jackson vs. Ryan Bader.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Cro Cop : Pat Barry come here Son!

NSCA - CSCS
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Ben Henderson explains how his loss to Pettis made him better - Wants rematch

Feb 20, 2012 - Ben Henderson isn’t sure how many times he’s seen the same highlight clip replayed over and over. "Hundreds and thousands," he estimates, and that doesn’t even count all the time spent talking about it in interviews. It was just a few seconds of his life lifted from a rare losing effort inside the cage, and a part of him knows that he’ll never fully escape it.

"I’m still not over it. I won’t lie to you," Henderson said. "I still get teary-eyed thinking about it. It affects me deeply to this day. It will affect me for the rest of my fighting career, for a long, long time. I’m very upset about it still. I can put it behind me, but am I totally over it, never think about it? No."

Even if he wanted to forget, the sport wouldn’t let him. The clip of Anthony Pettis launching himself off the cage and into a jumping kick that floored Henderson quickly found its way onto ESPN and into MMA lore. It also changed both men’s lives, though not in the ways they might have expected as they stood in the cage that night in Glendale, Ariz., waiting for the judges’ scores to be read aloud.

Pettis claimed the victory, the fame, and the promise of a UFC title shot that night, though it ultimately came at a price. Henderson ended up sitting at the post-fight press conference, visibly struggling to suppress the tears that came up in waves whenever he thought about what had just happened.

"It was heart-wrenching," he said. "I was sad, and I’m still sad. It was heart-breaking. ...Every time I’m out there, I give you guys everything. I open up my heart and soul. I hold nothing back. To come up short, and to come up short in that manner, that hurt. But I’ll never let that happen again."

That same night, Henderson said, he promised himself that he would not be defined by this one loss, this one kick. He would use it to make himself better, so that when people looked back on his career it would be little more than a footnote. After all, he told himself, didn’t Georges St. Pierre have to see clips of himself getting TKO’d by Matt Serra over and over again? Didn’t it only make him stronger in the end?

"It’s the same thing for me. I’ve had to see that kick hundreds and thousands of times. I have to talk about it over and over and over. But I’m using it. I’m using it to make myself better."

And he has. Even former foes like Pettis -- who will be forced to watch from the UFC 144 undercard this weekend as Henderson gets a crack at UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar in Tokyo -- can admit that.

"After our fight, he changed as a fighter," Pettis said. "He’s hungry. You can see it on his face, he’s ready to win this fight."

Henderson will tell you now that, despite the heartbreak of the moment, in the long run the loss was "absolutely beneficial to my career." He didn’t overreact the way some fighters do after a painful defeat, dumping all their coaches and making cosmetic changes in an attempt to fix a problem they haven’t even truly diagnosed yet.

"But I think what I did change was my approach during the fight," he said. "I think against Pettis, the biggest thing I took away was that I was not aggressive enough. I didn’t have enough ring control. I think I did fine in the fight, landed more strikes, all that. But the problem was, I think I was backing up too much."

If anything, the loss made him more aggressive. While he still insists he hates decisions -- "absolutely hate them" -- he resolved to make any
    fight that does go to the distance into an easy call for the judges and the fans.

"I can’t leave any doubt. There’s going to be no doubt in anyone’s mind after they watch one of my fights as to who won the fight."

That seems problematic against Edgar, a champion who’s never been finished in his MMA career, and who has yet to lose a five-round fight. His indefatigable style and his ability to bounce back from even the most punishing blows make him seem nearly impossible to put him away. Henderson, not surprisingly, doesn’t quite see it that way.

"If you make a mistake, you leave your neck out there for half a second too long, you leave your arm out there, you give me your knee, I will end the fight. If you leave your chin out there? Man, let me touch your chin. I will end the fight. It’s just a matter of a guy making a small mistake and giving me the opportunity."

As for Pettis, the man who gave him this renewed sense of purpose and this extra drive, it’s nice for Henderson to know that his former nemesis is picking him to win this one. And sure, he knows there might be some ulterior motives involved. Pettis could well be hoping that a Henderson win would make a rematch more likely, this time with a bigger title on the line. Henderson doesn’t necessarily disagree with the notion.

"Maybe my second or third title defense, I could see fighting him again. I’d have no problem with that."

After all, Pettis did stick him in that interminable highlight reel hell. It sure would be nice to return the favor. Sooner or later, Henderson said, he feels certain he’ll get the chance.

"I will say this: before I retire, before I leave this earth, I will see Anthony Pettis again in the cage."

It just won’t be this weekend, when Pettis will have to content himself with watching on a monitor backstage while Henderson steps in the Octagon for the title shot he’s had to earn the hard way.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anderson Silva: “My opinion for Chael is that this guy does not respect nothing”

Speaking via ESPN Radio, Silva said:

“Chael has good wrestling. The first fight, I broke my ribs, I fought with broken ribs. But that’s okay, I finished the fight and I win. But this time I am ready. I am training hard, this is a different fight. My opinion for Chael is that this guy does not respect nothing. This time in this sport is very important. The people watching the UFC, the people that watch Chael Sonnen talking, they are like ‘What? What is this sport? I don’t like this sport. This guy doesn’t respect nothing.’ I understand sometimes you need to promote the fight but, I don’t know. Chael talks about my people in Brazil, about my wife, about the older fighters. It’s his problem, it’s no good, it’s no good promotion, this is a sport. I love my sport. I love it and I respect the older people and the older fighters of the sport. This is a great time for the sport. But Chael maybe does not understand
    this, his problem is he talks too much. It is no good.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 144 Frankie Edgar vs Ben Henderson PROS PICKS

NSCA - CSCS
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Mirko Cro Cop and Pat Barry - BJJ Rematch coming this Tuesday & more

Translation for Mirco's portion of the interview: Translation :
    "We started to joke about something because he has been working with former champion Brock Lesnar who has the advantage of wrestling, doing so on. In our fight i choked him so I said when I have time I'll teach him a little (was a joke) . BJJ is practiced in kimono we did it without like we do in fight. He started to laugh and said : "Yes,yes sure I am working for years with top brazilian jiu jitsu masters you dont have any chance" . I had hand surgery so since then i didn't had any ground training but i'll give you instructions. He said okay,but we wont do it just for fun we'll bet. So i asked him what do u want? You'll speak to me sir Barry while i am in Croatia. I said ok i'll do it but you will have to do same if i win. So he accepted. We shook hands and started to wrestle for 3 minutes and i had Kimura i saw he was done and he tap. He was so angry,started to jump around and then he said "Lets go rematch you was lucky this time i was not ready" i said ok After 2 more minutes i had Kimura again and after 1 min later again,and 4th time was Triangle we was almost out (lol) . And 5h time i had him in arm triangle. After that he did what he said he bowed and thats it. Then i though it will stay between us,a joke but he took phone (because he is freak for phones) and recorded himself with tears,posted it on twitter bla bla and he really shared it with everyone.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Michael Bisping discusses “Rampage” Jackson-Ryan Bader contest

UFC middleweight Michael Bisping has trained with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson for several years so “The Count” has plenty of insider information on the former light heavyweight champion.

Jackson will make his return to Japan this Saturday when he meets Ryan Bader in the co-main event of UFC 144: Edgar vs. Henderson. The show takes place inside the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan and features seven scraps on PPV including headlining lightweights Frankie Edgar-Benson Henderson.

For Jackson this will not only be a homecoming of sorts but a chance to get back in the win column after being defeated by current title-holder Jon Jones last September. Bisping believes Bader, also a former victim of Jones’, is the perfect opponent for Jackson.

“I’d say so. That’s a very tough fight for Ryan Bader,” said Bisping, in a recent interview with ESPN. “Don’t get me wrong. Bader’s a tough guy and I’ve got a lot of respect for him, he came back from two tough losses impressively.”

“But Rampage is going to be excited to fight in Japan,” Bisping continued. “He’ll be excited to get back to winning ways…that’ll be a good win for Rampage.”

After falling to Jones and Tito Ortiz, Bader defeated Jason Brilz at UFC 139 to get back on track. Prior to the losses he’d won twelve in a row.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

'King' Mo Lawal Discusses ACL Surgery And Staph Infection

Recently on twitter there has been a discussion of the recent health issues of former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight champion "King" Muhammed Lawal. Following his fight with Lorenz Larkin at Strikeforce: Rockhold vs Jardine, Lawal removed himself from twitter and the public eye due to a positive test for a substance called Drostanolone. It was on Sunday that several people on twitter started to talk about the whereabouts of Lawal and the rumored health issues he was dealing with prior to his fight with Larkin.

Luke Thomas and R.J. Clifford of SiriusXM's Fight Club had the opportunity to speak with Lawal on their show on Monday to try and get the Strikeforce star to open up about his medical issues. Lawal addressed the rumors and confirmed that he had been dealing with not just another ACL tear but a dangerous bout with staph. The staph had spread to a point that it was amputation was discussed as a way to treat the infection.

Below is a transcript:

Alright here's the thing. All this happened like three weeks ago but I didn't tell nobody. I was in the hospital with people texting me and I was trying to keep it like nothing was going on so there wouldn't be any red flags. But what happened was I had surgery after the fight. I had ACL and microfracture. The ACL wasn't a big deal but the microfracture was a bigger deal in my cartilage. One of the sutures got infected and I had to go to the hospital the day after the Rashad Evans/Phil Davis fight. I got blood taken out of my knee and taken to a lab. I was at my manager's crib...Mike Kogan's crib and all of the sudden my doctor's like 'hey, you've gotta come to the hospital right now'. And this is right after Chael won. So I went to the hospital before the Rashad Evans/Phil Davis fight and I watched the fight at the hospital. Then went into the surgery spot and woke up with the PICC line in my arm and they were telling me I would be in there till Monday. I figured I'd go in there and clear my knee out and I'd be out the same night or the next night but I was in there till Monday. Then they checked out my knee again and took the temperature and the knee was still hot and swelling up. They decided to take me back into surgery to do another flush procedure to get the staph infection out. In twelve days I had five procedures to remove the staph and I'm staph free now. But now they've pushed IV medicine through my PICC line that's connected to my heart through my arm every day for six weeks.

This is the toughest thing I've ever experienced in my life. The harded that I've experienced in my life. Spiritually and emotionally, man I'll put it like this. I'm not religious at all. I was born to a Muslim family. Man this had me thinking I had to purchase the Quran and get back to my faith and start having more talks with Allah. Seeing my teammates come see me, it broke me down a few times man. Coach Mendez came and saw me a lot. Coach Bob, Paul Buentello, Dan Cormier...people on the team. Jermain Ramsey and Jenna...Phil. I just had so many people contact me and come through it was tough man. It pushed me. Mentally I'll be a stronger person. I know I'll be stronger and I'll be a better fighter.

King Mo has experienced one of the scariest moments of his life when he could have lost much more than just his career. Listening to him speak, his voice and words were that of a man with a different outlook on life and one that recognizes how fragile life truly is. I hope that he uses this as a way to motivated himself to be the best person that he could possibly be, not just as a fighter, but also as a man. He has an opportunity to become something much more than an entertaining fighter and hopefully he realizes his potential.
    I know I speak for the staff at Bloody Elbow when I say that I hope that Lawal has a speedy recovery.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Fighters sound off on the enigma that is Nick Diaz

Nick Diaz, as far as the public knows, is retired from MMA.
    Following his loss to Carlos Condit for the interim UFC welterweight title, Diaz announced his retirement after bitter disappointment in the way the judges scored the fight. In the days following he was named as failing a drug test from the Nevada State Athletic Commission due to traces of marijuana metabolites in his system.

As a result few outside of Diaz’s inner-circle have any real idea on what the enigmatic scrapper will do next.

On a recent edition of SportsNet’s UFC Central, several fighters were asked to give their opinion on Diaz. Among those interviewed include Georges St-Pierre, who has been itching at the opportunity to face Diaz after the Stockton-native went off on GSP over the last year, Roy Nelson, frequent training partner Ronda Rousey, Condit, and Josh Koscheck.

“He’s just a different breed,” said Koscheck on the subject. “He’s got a chip on his shoulder. I respect that. I think that he comes to fight. The guy just likes to fight and that’s pretty good, I like that.”

NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Has AM lost the ability to embed videos? Or is it like a speical membership bonus now?
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Switching camps: Gray Maynard’s move from Xtreme Couture to AKA

With the massive growth of MMA, the stakes have gone through the roof for fighters in the UFC. Between improved salaries, discretionary bonuses, appearance fees and marketing deals, the difference between a champion and a contender can be staggering.

"These guys are making millions of dollar in every fight. If Gray Maynard was the champion right now, he'd be a millionaire. [...] He's not. He lost a lot of money by losing that fight," Frank Trigg said on "The MMA Insiders Show" on Las Vegas' ESPNRadio1100/98.9 FM.

Following a loss to Frank Edgar at UFC 136, Maynard felt that sting. He'd come so close, but in the end, Edgar has the belt and the big assignments.

Maynard, faced with climbing back up the ladder, felt it was time for a change. A Las Vegas mainstay since 2006, he left Xtreme Couture and moved to American Kickboxing Academy in San Jose, Ca. But it wasn't simply about freshening things up.

"Gray just was not prepared. It was really one of those deals where a coach within his staff just would not pay attention any other coaches. He was getting really upset if any other coach tried to explain to him 'hey, this is how hard I'm going to push Gray in my session. You need to back off in your session so he can recover," said Trigg, a former trainer partner of Maynard's at Xtreme Couture. "[Maynard] wasn't prepared. It's ultimately up to one coach that didn't pay attention."

John Gunderson, another former teammate of Maynard's in Sin City, echoed the same sentiment about Maynard being less than prepped for the biggest fight of his life."The last fight Gray wasn't mentally prepared or physically prepared for that fight. I don't think he trained hard enough and he knows that. I think if Gray really put the time in and the work in, Gray could finish him," Gunderson said.

Maynard made to decision to extricate himself from the drama well before the Edgar fight took place.

"We knew six weeks before the fight," Trigg said. "Gray said 'look win, lose or draw, this is my last fight. I'm out of here. I gotta leave Xtreme Couture."

Randy Couture, who was away from the gym for much of the early part of 2011, returned to find a big mess and one of his top fighters leaving. Couture cleaned house with coaches Gil Martinez and Ron Frazier moving elsewhere.

Martinez, with a boxing background, was Maynard's main coach. Whether it was his fault or not that Maynard underachieved, it's pretty clear that the former Michigan State wrestler was way too boxing-centric in his fights against Edgar. It sounds like Maynard is never going to make the mistake of putting his eggs all in one basket.

"He's not officially joining AKA, he's going up there to train. We've all come to the realization that you can't be in one spot anymore," Trigg said. "If you want to be a great MMA fighter, you have to go down and train with Jose Aldo in Brazil. [...] You've got to go to different places. That's why GSP got so good so quickly. He didn't stay in Montreal. Gray has realized that's what he has to do."

Listen to the rest of the conversation as Trigg talks about whether fighters who bounce around to different camps need a head coach to pull everything together.

Here's hoping the change allows Maynard to take things to the next level. He may still be the best guy in the world at lightweight, but with all the competition out there at 155 pounds, he's probably got a long climb back up the ladder.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Yeah didn't let me post a video either...
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That sucks.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Cro Cop vs Pat Barry BJJ Rematch

NSCA - CSCS
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

A year and half ago, I would have taken Bendo over Edgar. Now, I have Edgar as a slight favorite. His wrestling in fantastic and he may have the best movement and footwork in all of MMA.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    A year and half ago, I would have taken Bendo over Edgar. Now, I have Edgar as a slight favorite. His wrestling in fantastic and he may have the best movement and footwork in all of MMA.
    The majority of the time, I seem to be picking one guy, but favoring the other. I'm rooting for Bendo, but Frankie has proven to be a warrior time & time again.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Manny Pacquiao insists he’ll fight Floyd Mayweather but offer was financially unaccep

LAS VEGAS – Manny Pacquiao was upstairs in the bedroom of his suite at the MGM Grand over the weekend, catching a nap after a long day of giving a deposition in a defamation lawsuit he filed in 2010 against fellow superstar boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.

A little after 5 p.m., his dinner of steak, rice and asparagus was delivered, where it sat, untouched, for nearly 90 minutes. Finally, Pacquiao slowly, sleepily made his way down the stairs. He greeted me with a wan smile and headed to the dining room table. He bowed his head in silent prayer, then poured steak sauce over his food.

He didn’t dig in immediately, and was almost like a child forced by his parents to stay at the table until he cleared his plate. He ran his fork aimlessly through the rice, not seeming particularly hungry or eager to talk.

Manny Pacquiao won a controversial decision over Juan Manuel Marquez in his last fight.

It wasn’t until the subject of a potential bout with Mayweather came up – the topic that no one fails to raise with him – that he seemed to awaken. Suddenly, Pacquiao shook the sleep from his eyes to defend himself against an incessant Mayweather campaign that has painted him as a reluctant warrior.

In the weeks before Mayweather announced Jan. 31 that he would fight Miguel Cotto at the MGM Grand Garden on May 5, Mayweather waged a public campaign for a bout with Pacquiao. He posted on Twitter and spoke at news conferences, using every opportunity to make it seem that Pacquiao was avoiding the big match.

Mayweather, it was suggested to Pacquiao, is winning the public relations contest handily, at least in the U.S. At that, Pacquiao looked up from his plate and put down his fork. His eyes widened and he leaned forward, staring intently across the table.

“He talks, he says all this, but you know what: He doesn’t want the fight,” Pacquiao firmly told Yahoo! Sports in an exclusive interview. “I want the fight. I’m the one who has wanted this fight all along.”

Not long after he was granted a conditional boxing license by the Nevada Athletic Commission to fight Cotto, Mayweather made a big deal of Pacquiao turning down a $40 million guarantee to fight him.

But Pacquiao said that was simply a bluff, a public relations stunt that didn’t bear any semblance to reality.

“He offered me $40 million, and no pay-per-view [money],” Pacquiao said, breaking into a laugh. “No pay-per-view. Can you believe that? Would you do that? Come on. What would he say if I offered him $50 million – not $40 million, $50 million – and said ‘No pay-per-view. Take this money and be happy, but no pay-per-view.’ He wouldn’t do it, either.”

The fight, if it ever happens, would pit the two best fighters and the two biggest draws in the sport against one another. It would likely generate more than $160 million in pay-per-view revenue in the U.S. alone.

Mayweather phoned Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz in the Philippines on Jan. 19 and asked to speak to Pacquiao. Mayweather then told Pacquiao he’d offer him $40 million, which Mayweather later told the media “is far more than he’s ever made.”

Pacquiao said he wanted to fight, but that $40 million flat wasn’t nearly fair.

“I told him, ‘OK, 50-50 [with the money] and I’ll agree to everything else,’ ” Pacquiao said. “I told him I would agree to all of the other things he was demanding. Everything. Even the blood testing he wanted, I would do it. But it had to be 50-50.”

Pacquiao said he told Koncz to offer Mayweather a guarantee of $50 million with the rest of the revenue being split, with 55 percent going to the winner and 45 percent going to the loser.

There was no response from Mayweather’s side, Pacquiao said.

Manny Pacquiao signs a portrait of Muhammad Ali on Saturday at a brain damage research benefit.

“Manny authorized me to do that and I went forward with it, but it went nowhere,” Koncz said. “That was it.”

Mayweather’s manager, Leonard Ellerbe, denied such an offer was made and suggested it was a stunt dreamed up by Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum.

Ellerbe said, “Pacquiao is lying” about the offer and said the conversation with Mayweather lasted only two minutes.

“What Manny Pacquiao has to understand, and I don’t think he understands this part, is that if the fight ever comes off, he’ll never make the kind of money that Floyd makes,” Ellerbe said. “That’s simply because of the structure of his terrible deal with his promoter.

“[Pacquiao] is a guy who doesn’t know what he makes fight to fight. He has no idea of where the revenue comes from. There’s no way he’s going to come up with something like that [offer] off the top of his dome.”

Pacquiao said that once Mayweather came to an agreement to fight Cotto, he chose Bradley over Juan Manuel Marquez because he thought it would be better business.

Pacquiao and Marquez have fought three times, most recently Nov. 12, with Pacquiao winning the last two after the first was a draw. Arum said after the Nov. 12 match, which many believe Marquez deserved to win, that he’d probably arrange a rematch.

As Pacquiao considered his options for his next fight, he thought it would be best to put distance between the fights.

“Would you want to see the same movie again?” he said.

The movie may not have been the same had Pacquiao been at his best for Marquez. Pacquiao said Saturday that he “underestimated” Marquez and that he didn’t do plyometrics training.

Pacquiao and Marquez fought to a draw at featherweight in 2004, then Pacquiao won a split decision in a super featherweight bout in 2008. Marquez had only moved up to lightweight since then, while Pacquiao became a full-fledged welterweight.

In Marquez’s only fight above lightweight prior to meeting Pacquiao on Nov. 12, he was routed at welterweight by Mayweather. It was clear in the Mayweather fight that he was too small for the division.

That clearly didn’t escape Pacquiao’s notice.

“I underestimated him,” Pacquiao said. “I thought he was small, and that I would have no problems. It was a mistake. I shouldn’t have underestimated him.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Bendo is real good, but has some holes in his game. I know he's gotten better since the WEC, but back then even Cowboy put him in tough spots. I got Frankie on this one.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nate Marquardt Signs With Strikeforce

Former UFC middleweight Nate Marquardt has signed with Strikeforce. The move was announced by Ariel Helwani on tonight's episode of UFC
    Tonight on Fuel. Fuel TV's twitter account verified the news as well:

@FUELTV
    FUEL TV #BREAKING: @arielhelwani announced on #UFCTONIGHT - former #UFC Middleweight @NathanMarquardt has signed to @Strikeforce.
    Feb 22 via web Favorite Retweet Reply

Marquardt, who went 10-4 in his middleweight run in the UFC, was released by the promotion shortly before UFC on Versus 4, where he was going to make his welterweight debut against Rick Story. Marquardt had issues with his testosterone replacement therapy and couldn't get his levels under the Pennsyvlania Athletic Commission's set limit, which forced Dana White to remove him from the fight (and the company) and replace him with Charlie Brenneman.

Nate had signed with BAMMA a few months ago, but card delays led to him never fighting for the organization. He was released from his contract with them a few weeks ago, and will now join Strikeforce. It is unclear at this point if he will be competing at 185 or 170.
    Update: Ariel said that Nate will be staying at welterweight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Rampage Jackson And The Falling Cherry Blossom

For over a thousand years, the Japanese have taken a special interest in the transition from spring to summer. From March until the middle of May, the islands of Japan are alive with the fresh pink glow of cherry blossoms. The flamingo-coloured leaves of the cherry tree are a centuries-old delight to the people of Japan, who trek in huge numbers to find groves of flowering cherry trees which they can picnic beneath in family groups.

The scenery is beautiful and cherry blossom is an image engraved in the hearts and minds of all Japanese. But like many aspects of Japanese culture it has a dark side, or at least a duality. The cherry blossom is beautiful but fleeting - the trees rarely flower for more than a fortnight. When the flowering is finished, the blossoms fall away. Sometimes they fall quietly, a handful at a time drifting to the earth. Other days the wind will strip the blossom from the trees in great swarms which billow into the air.

It is an occasion for sadness and the end of Hanami (‘flower viewing’). But the Japanese do not avert their gaze from the departing blossom. Instead they watch the end of the season as avidly as they welcomed its onset, with a sense of gentle mourning. Falling cherry blossom is a resonant symbol in their culture. It represents the ephemeral nature of life, the fleeting nature of joy. Echoing the Buddhist concept of life being a great circle, it underlines that fact that all things must come to an end - and to the Japanese, the end is as important as the beginning.

And so it is fitting that Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson finds himself back in Japan just weeks before Hanumi is set to begin. It was here that he made his name, here that he became a superstar in the behemoth mixed martial arts league Pride FC. Despite his persona being as brash as any American stereotype you care to mention, Jackson has a huge fondness for and affinity with the Japanese people. What better place for him to call time on his career?

His Pride career started with a loss, a rear naked choke submission to Kazushi Sakuraba. His most recent fight resulted in another rear naked choke defeat, this time to Jon Jones. They represent the two single instances that he has been submitted in mixed martial arts competition. The first marked the birth of his career as a top flight martial artist. For the next five years, Jackson was in full bloom. The latter marked the beginning of the end. As Jon Jones’ choke sank in, the cherry blossom started falling.

“One time I was the best in my weight class, but now it’s him. He’s the guy now. My time has passed,” a wistful Jackson told Fighters Only for the excusive interview which makes up the centrepiece of this month’s print edition. “He’s the best in the world at light-heavyweight and I feel nobody out there can beat Jon Jones.”

“I have to be honest man - and despite how the fans feel and some other people feel - my fighting career is coming to an end, and it’ll come to an end pretty soon. I always said I won’t fight on past 35. I’m going to miss MMA when I’m gone, that’s for sure, but I won’t be fighting for too much longer.”

For all his extroversion and swagger, Jackson is not someone prone to self-delusion. He has not been kidding himself that he is the same fighter who power-bombed Ricardo Arona, or who had total wars with Wanderlei Silva when the Brazilian was twice the size he is now and one of the most fearsome prospects in MMA. Jackson has always delivered for his fans, but that has come at a price.

“When I fight and I get beat up it takes a lot longer for me to heal these days, I’m getting old. After all, I’m just a human being,” he says. “Plus, I have lots of other things going on too. I’m still passionate about fighting, but I certainly ain’t as passionate as I used to be. … I ain’t earning the money I was earning before.

“And there are plenty of other ways I can get paid without getting beat up. I get less privacy now too.”

That last addition seems like an odd one. Surely Rampage Jackson, probably the loudest and most outgoing fighter that Pride or the UFC ever had on its roster, cannot be a shrinking violet who would prefer to go unrecognised by the masses? Apparently he is, and it transpires that is just one of the reasons he enjoyed his time in Japan so much.

Jackson found the Japanese fans to be perfectly in key with his own sense of comportment. He does not mind being approached by fans for pictures and autographs, as long as it is done in the right way. A proud and sometimes prickly figure, the innate politeness of the Japanese meant that Jackson never found himself being manhandled and accosted. And so he never lost patience or temper with the Japanese fans, and the relationship flourished.

His last fight for Pride took place in 2006. The organisation hit financial troubles, was bought out by Zuffa and then ceased to be. Jackson found himself signing a UFC contract and returning - figuratively, since he always lived there - to an America he had not fought in front of for many years. No lover of the casual fan at the best of times, Jackson found out the hard way just how different his new audience was going to be.

“In one of my first fights in the UFC, when I beat Chuck Liddell, a lot of American fans booed me. And I lost a lot of love for American fans that night. They booed me for knocking a guy out. Whether they like me or not, I did my job just like he did his job. We both stepped into the cage and put it on the line, and put on a good show,” he says, incredulous to this day.

“In Japan I’ve never been booed once, ever. Through my whole career in Japan, regardless of who I was fighting. They just appreciate who you are, where you’ve been and what you are trying to do. That’s all we can ask for.”

And so this weekend he finds himself back in Japan at last, and in the same Saitama Arena which he made his home for those five blissful years. But this time the crowd will be a fraction of what it was during the Pride FC heyday and he will be in a cage instead of a ring. His opponent will not be a living legend like Sakuraba, Vovchanchyn or Rua. Instead it will be Ryan Bader, one of the tough but uninspiring wrestling-products which the US produces in conveyor-belt numbers.

Jackson has made no secret of being uninspired by the match. He has made no secret of being underwhelmed by the US fan base and its large fickle element. He has long been truculent with UFC executives, feeling - rightly or wrongly - that he has not been paid as much as he should have been. And this week he took at aim at UFC commentator Joe Rogan, claiming he is biased in his commentary and derogatory towards him in his analysis.

This is the Jackson that steps into the cage this Saturday night, fuelled by little more than a genuine love for the fans that will be in attendance at Saitama Arena. He freely admits he “couldn’t give a rat’s ass if I beat Ryan Bader” and says he just wants to give a show for the fans. He stopped short of saying this will be his retirement match, but nowhere could be more fitting for him to declare the end of his time in the sport.

If he wins, he goes out on a victory with the cheers of the crowd ringing in his ears. If he loses, he still goes out with the cheers of the crowd ringing in his ears, because Japanese fans respect the fighter and do not judge a man on one fight, or his results. Jackson is also a man who places great store in superstition and symbolism - the thought of ending Rampage’s career in the same place it began will have weighed on his mind heavily of late.

Should he hang the gloves up? Everyone will have a different opinion. But maybe he should take a moment to stop and watch the cherry blossom. When its time is over it drifts away, peaceful and intact. Unlike other denizens of the arboretum, it does not linger to wither and die on the branch before having to be cut away and discarded so that new blooms may eventually take its place. That is the lesson that the Japanese have treasured for centuries - an end is as important as a beginning.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Dana Has Words For "racist, Knucklehead, Dummy" Floyd Mayweather. "shut Up n fight""

NSCA - CSCS
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Jake Ellenberger: Carlos Condit doesn't want to fight me again -- and I don't blame h

Hard-hitting Welterweight contender Jake Ellenberger has one loss since transitioning to the big leagues of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

A close split decision to Carlos Condit.

Since that disappointing night back in 2009, which served as his Octagon debut, "The Juggernaut" has won six straight contests with four violent finishes. He recently planished Diego Sanchez in the main event of UFC on Fuel TV earlier this month to put himself "in the mix."

Like Ellenberger, Condit has been flawless since they first met in Oklahoma City, recording four straight wins with three (T)KO victories. His unanimous decision victory over Nick Diaz at UFC 143 was good enough to earn him the division's Interim Championship.

With Georges St. Pierre rehabbing a surgically repaired knee, it could be several months before "The Natural Born Killer" has the opportunity to unify the 170-pound titles.

That leaves him a pretty sizable window to settle some unfinished business with Ellenberger, who tells Sherdog's Beatdown Radio it's a fight Condit doesn't want, and for good reason.

"I think the fans do want it, but at the same time, I don’t know if that’s what the UFC wants or not. I really don’t. If it was up to me, then yeah, we’d probably be fighting in May or June, but I don’t know if that’s what the UFC wants. I think they kind of still put it in Condit’s hands, but I know Carlos. I know his manager, and I know they don’t want that fight. But again, if I put myself in their shoes, I don’t blame them. It’s not even necessarily a personal thing. Carlos right now has the belt, and that’s where I want to be. He’s a fantastic fighter and he’s in the position he’s in for a reason. I was hoping I could get another rematch with Condit, but whether he fights again is going to be up to him. … I wouldn’t blame him if he wants to wait. That’s just the reality of it, but in my opinion, I sure hope I get that fight."

Condit is not opposed to fighting prior to St. Pierre's return, but it all depends on how quickly the Canadian can "Rush" back into action. A November or December timetable will likely give Ellenberger the opportunity he's looking for; however, anything sooner than that and Condit will opt to wait.

And protect his Interim title in the process.

Even if he goes on to defeat St. Pierre, he'll likely cross paths with Ellenberger again anyway. It's (perhaps) just a question of when, not if. Unless some fantasy matchmakers out there in MMA land have a different perspective?
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    AWESOME!
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Wow bro you got to be playing mind tricks with me!! $29.99 is wicked good price for this. It's good to have companies like Athletix, that even when the gov't is butt popping us with our money, Athletix is here for us. Instead of coming out with a new product and putting a imo unreasonably price, they stick with their goals of pleasing the customers. Just had to say that after seeing the new products price. I swear i have seen some compaines hype the heck out of something and hit you with $100+ price.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nick Diaz Temporarily Suspended Until Disciplinary Hearing Later This Year

The Nevada State Athletic Commission on Wednesday levied a temporary suspension against Nick Diaz after he tested positive for marijuana for his fight with Carlos Condit at UFC 143.

The commission voted unanimously to place Diaz under a temporary suspension until a disciplinary hearing could be held later this year. The hearing will most likely take place in April. The commission will then decide Diaz’s ultimate fate.

The commissioners did ask for some additional information to be provided at the next meeting where Diaz’s discipline will be handed down. The commission requested any and all information surrounding Diaz’s previous suspension in the state from his fight in February 2007, when he also tested positive for marijuana after his fight with Takanori Gomi in Pride. Diaz was suspended for six months and his fight was ruled a no contest.

They also requested any information on his full fight purse and any bonuses paid out to him, as well as his full application that was submitted prior to the fight.

The commissioners also mentioned that Diaz is licensed for medicinal marijuana use in the state of California. They stated they would have additional research regarding that matter when they reconvene later this year for the hearing.

For now, Diaz is simply suspended until the commission meets to decide his final fate. Based on past occurrences of a similar nature where a fighter has tested positive for marijuana a second time in the state, a one-year suspension was handed down.

Diaz will meet with the commission most likely in April to find out exactly what their ruling will be.
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Culinary Union suggests Bill of Rights for MMA fighters

The Culinary Union, the biggest union representing workers in Nevada, stopped by the Nevada Athletic Commission's meeting on Wednesday to discuss ways to improve treatment for fighters. They want to see the NAC lead the combat sports world by pushing for reforms in MMA.
    It wants to see:

1. Equal protections for all fighters. Boxers are protected under the Muhammad Ali Act, which enacts certain rules over boxers that keeps them from getting exploited. Mixed martial artists are not.

2. Right to work. This would allow fighters to sign non-exclusive contracts and would prohibit contracts from automatically renewing. Champions' clauses, which keep champs attached to their contract as long as they hold the belt, would be a thing of the past.

3. Inalienable right to your own name, likeness and image. When Jon Fitch objected to handing over his image in perpetuity to the UFC for its video game, he was cut from the UFC and Dana White threatened to not do business with any fighters from Fitch's gym, American Kickboxing Academy. After Fitch played ball, he was brought back into the fold. This right would allow fighters to exercise the right Fitch wanted to.

4. Free market of sponsorships. This would not just allow fighters to get whoever they would like to sponsor them, but would also let them say no to their promotion's sponsor. In other words, Brock Lesnar could chug a Coors and Carlos Condit could have walked away from a Harley-Davidson if he wanted to pursue a sponsorship with Honda.

5. Transparency of contracts and payments. Fighters would get detailed financial statements from any event they participated in. This would be particularly important to fighters whose contracts earn percentages of pay-per-views or gates.

6. Fair share of revenues. In the NBA and NFL, athletes went through a lockout to fight for roughly half the league's revenues. Because Zuffa is a private company, their revenues are not public, so we have no idea how much revenue the fighters earn. This right would ensure fighters get at least a quarter of revenues.

7. Freedom of association. Fighters would be allowed to unionize in any way they see fit.

8. Right to healthcare insurance for training and fighting. Zuffa fighters are given medical coverage for both fight camps and fights, but this right would ensure it continued.

9. Right to fair fights. The UFC's matchmaking system generally provides fair and evenly matched bouts, but things get murky on subjects like who deserves a title fight. Timing often decides title matches as much as an independent ranking system. This right would call for a transparent ranking of fighters.

10. Professionalism. From the union: "You have the right to be treated with common courtesy and professional respect by other fighters and by promoters and managers. For mixed martial arts to become a mainstream sport accepted by the general public, participants in the sport must act in accordance with commonly accepted standards of courtesy, decency and respect in their public interactions with one another and in their interactions with the public."

In other words, promotions couldn't fire one fighter because of a tweet about rape while not firing another for jokes about child molestation. UFC executives would probably have to stop dropping F-bombs at Twitter followers.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Okay seriously, the Culinary Union. I'm mostly certain this has something to do with the *****ry between the UFC and the NY Culinary Union. Some Chicago Politics style flexing.
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Jake Shields - “He is a guy that has shown that he’ll cheat any opportunity he gets”

Yoshihiro Akiyama has lost three straight bouts, but he could be a different fighter when he meets Jake Shields on Feb. 26 at UFC 144.

He’ll be dropping from 185 pounds to 170, and although Shields expects to win, he thinks it’s a good move for his opponent.

“I think this is the correct weight for him,” Shields told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “You never know how he’s going to drop the weight, but if he drops it correctly, he’ll be faster and probably in better shape down here. I’m expecting a tough fight. Even though he’s coming off a couple of losses, he’s a great fighter.”

Shields is also coming off consecutive losses. Last April he dropped a unanimous decision to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre -- his first defeat since 2004 -- and was then stopped by Jake Ellenberger in September. Perhaps his toughest loss came outside of the cage, though, when his father died prior to the Ellenberger bout.

“It was really a tough time period with that going on and I had the fight coming up and then losing the fight on top of it,” Shields said. “It was a really tough couple of months for me. I wasn’t feeling good for a couple of months, but I got myself back together. I’ve been training
    really hard and now I feel great. I’m ready to go out there and bounce back strong in 2012.”

Akiyama’s background is judo, but he doesn’t hesitate to stand and strike. Against Shields, he’ll likely want to stay on his feet. Shields, however, will want the fight on the mat.

“Of course I’ve been working a lot of standup, but ideally I’d like to get this to the ground at some point,” he said. “I’m going to try to stand with him and try to take him down and submit him. Taking him down is not an easy task. No one’s really taken him down in the UFC yet. He’s got really strong hips. … He’s got great throws and good hands, but I think his missing element is sometimes his submissions.”

Chris Leben submitted Akiyama with a triangle choke in July 2010, but Akiyama has also scored some subs of his own. Shields is well aware
    that he can’t get lackadaisical on the ground.

“They do have submissions in judo,” he said. “You can’t get too ****y and be like, ‘Oh, I can leave things out there.’ I think my submissions
    are certainly better than his, but he is a guy good enough that if you’re stupid and make a mistake, he can catch you.”

Still, Shields is focused on Akiyama’s punching, particularly his overhand right and his hook. He also acknowledged some concern regarding the questionable tactics Akiyama has used in the past.

“He is a guy that has shown that he’ll cheat any opportunity he gets,” Shields said. “But I think the UFC’s pretty good, and hopefully they’ll have good inspectors out there watching him and making sure he doesn’t try to do anything dirty.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Mayweathers Camp responds to Dana White. Dana Responds back

mayweathers camp. -
    Quote:
    “He needs to shut the [expletive] up and mind his own business, stay in his own lane and keep on taking advantage of the UFC fighters, while underpaying them. If he keeps on running his mouth, we may decide to give a free
    seminar to all of the UFC fighters on how the pay-per-view revenue should be distributed. This is typical Dana, who is always prone to ignorant outbursts. He should be the last person to try to judge someone else.”

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather’s manager took no time in firing back at Dana White for his acquisitions of Floyd being a racist. (Via Yahoo Sports!)

Dana White -
    Quote:
    If you have somehow been under a rock and missed the biggest bit of controversy coming out of the last two days then allow me to update you.

First Floyd Mayweather came out with some racial comments towards Asians. (See them here)

Then Dana White came out and blasted Floyd for being a racist (See it here)

And earlier today we featured a response from Mayweather’s manager which can be found HERE.

Who knows if this brewing feud will escalate beyond this brief two day back and forth, but Dana
    White was not content in letting the Mayweather camp have the last word. Which is why he sent a text to Yahoo Sports stating the following…

“Just for the record, shut the f— up I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to Floyd. We’re doing something amazing. We’re building a sport while you guys are destroying one.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 144: Rampage Jackson On The Streets Of Tokyo

This is a fantastic 45min interview of Rampage.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/24...reets-of-tokyo
    NSCA - CSCS
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    This is a fantastic 45min interview of Rampage.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/24...reets-of-tokyo
    I watched this last night, really great interview!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I watched this last night, really great interview!
    I'm pretty sure I can take Rampage at Tekken Tag.
    NSCA - CSCS
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I'm pretty sure I can take Rampage at Tekken Tag.
    ahahaha, his Tekken Tag is weak!

36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

What a night of fights!

omg where do I start, that head kick Joe Lauzon ate....OUCH!!!!

How the hell did Tim Boetsch turn around that one???

Is it just me or does it look like Jake Sheids as really crappy stand up? I even found in the episodes of Bully beatdown he could never NEVER finish any of the average joes.

Once I saw that Rampage slam I thought it was his night, he is in RAMPAGE MODE!........sadly it was very disappointing after that I really wish Rampage would have worked more on his back to get up, he just work hard enough to get up, also not making weight, I wonder if he was injuried or what. Rampage has really never looked in shape like he did when he fought Chuck the 2nd time and Dan Henderson.

Edger is a tough s.o.b.! But im happy Henderson pulled it off Damn that first round when Edger caught his kick and backed him up to the cage holding it, then Henderson throws the most wicked kick with both feet in the air, would have been crazy if that landed flush.

37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

What a night of fights!

Is it just me or does it look like Jake Sheids as really crappy stand up? I even found in the episodes of Bully beatdown he could never NEVER finish any of the average joes.

Once I saw that Rampage slam I thought it was his night, he is in RAMPAGE MODE!........sadly it was very disappointing after that I really wish Rampage would have worked more on his back to get up, he just work hard enough to get up, also not making weight, I wonder if he was injuried or what. Rampage has really never looked in shape like he did when he fought Chuck the 2nd time and Dan Henderson.

Edger is a tough s.o.b.! But im happy Henderson pulled it off Damn that first round when Edger caught his kick and backed him up to the cage holding it, then Henderson throws the most wicked kick with both feet in the air, would have been crazy if that landed flush.
    Let's not forget how awesome it was that Rampage came out to the original PRIDE song. I'm glad Benson won that fight too. It's been awhile since "my guy" has won.
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

What a night of fights!

WEC is killing it Or in Carlos's case "running" it. jk jk
    How was Bader's arm not a sack of mashed up bones after that slam by Rampage?? Like Page said in his interview, they need to give him a guy who will stand with him. Give him Thiago or something.
    The Tim come back was as exciting as Joe's reaction to the finish. Goldie tried to get a word in but was tko'd by Joe's "WOW"
    Pettis earned that title shot and they can sell the hell out of it with the matrix kick highlights.
    I kinda scored the Frankie/Ben fight pretty even(ish). If they went by the "have to beat the champ" ruling then I didn't see Bendo beating him, but it was a hard fought and exciting match so I can easily give it to Ben without protest. I don't believe that Frankie was just point fighting like some are saying. They were both in the fight IMO.
    The one thing that's gonna keep Frankie from dropping down to 145 is that, besides Aldo, how many challengers are there really for him? There's good guys but they're not big names.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Let's not forget how awesome it was that Rampage came out to the original PRIDE song. I'm glad Benson won that fight too. It's been awhile since "my guy" has won.
    Yeah that was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    WEC is killing it Or in Carlos's case "running" it. jk jk
    How was Bader's arm not a sack of mashed up bones after that slam by Rampage?? Like Page said in his interview, they need to give him a guy who will stand with him. Give him Thiago or something.
    The Tim come back was as exciting as Joe's reaction to the finish. Goldie tried to get a word in but was tko'd by Joe's "WOW"
    Pettis earned that title shot and they can sell the hell out of it with the matrix kick highlights.
    I kinda scored the Frankie/Ben fight pretty even(ish). If they went by the "have to beat the champ" ruling then I didn't see Bendo beating him, but it was a hard fought and exciting match so I can easily give it to Ben without protest. I don't believe that Frankie was just point fighting like some are saying. They were both in the fight IMO.
    The one thing that's gonna keep Frankie from dropping down to 145 is that, besides Aldo, how many challengers are there really for him? There's good guys but they're not big names.
    In my eyes there is no doubt Benson won that fight, Ben did a lot more damage. I would like to see Frankie fight Aldo, would be sick to see him fight Cruz too.

40. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I Would love to see Frankie at 45, although I think Aldo beats him badly. 135 would be interesting too, as he could dominate that division
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM