Athletix Sports Daily MMA News

Page 14 of 148 First ... 9121314151619 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I really didn't want them to cut Johnson I'd like to see him fighting at 205.
    I didn't know it was his third strike on making weight. Had he won, it'd be one thing, but I guess you can't strike out and then lose the game as well. It's not a conducive combination to receive Dana's good graces.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Rogan defends Yamasaki and his action to question him at UFC 142

“[Yamasaki is] a great guy, and I’m always happy to see him. When I step into the octagon however, I represent the people watching at home that might have obvious questions, and when something is controversial I’m forced to confront it honestly because that’s what I would want to hear from a person in my position if I was a fan watching it at home.

It was obviously a controversial call, and I’m sure some of you agree with it, but I certainly think it’s also possible to argue that it was a bad call. That was my perspective, so I had to express it. I’m not a perfect person, and I **** up all the time. It’s a part of life.

Great referees have made awful mistakes. Even the consensus nominee for the greatest referee of all time, my personal friend the great Big John McCarthy has made mistakes.

Remember when Bustamante had to tap out Matt Lindland twice? Calling fight as a referee is hard as ****. If I was a referee Dana would probably hate me more than he hates Mazagatti. I wouldn’t want that job! That’s a **** load of pressure.

I think Mario Yamasaki is one of the best in the world at refereeing MMA. No doubt about it. He’s got great insight to the sport, he’s a lifelong martial artist, and he’s a really smart guy. What I was acting from, is that I saw an incredible young talent get denied a KO victory for a questionable call. When I entered into the Octagon and was told of the official ruling that Silva was going to be disqualified for illegal blows to the back of the head everyone that I was around who heard the news opened their mouths in shock. Everyone said, “what?” The people in the truck couldn’t believe it. I had to read it back to them because I thought it was a mistake, and when I leaned over to explain it to Goldie he couldn’t believe it either. I had to ask Mario about it. I didn’t know how he was going to respond, but I had to ask him. Erick Silva is a very promising fighter and I felt like I had a responsibility to address the issue.

No disrespect intended.”
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 143 Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit Trailer

NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Jon Fitch talks SKYRIM

I'm not mad at him, that game is way too addicting. I'm hoping to beat it soon to free myself from it.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Milton Vieira (Inventor of the Anaconda choke) signs with the UFC

I personally don't know if Milton Vieira is really the inventor of the Anaconda choke, I'm just the messenger.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milton Vieira, a 33-year-old Brazilian who is widely credited as the creator of the anaconda choke, has signed with the UFC after a single fight in Strikeforce. Vieira, who fought as a lightweight in Strikeforce, will move down to 145 when he makes his octagon debut sometime in 2012.

His manager Nima Safapour of Alchemist Management confirmed the signing to MMA Fighting on Tuesday morning.

Vieira is 13-7-1 in a career that dates back to 2001. Nine of his wins have come by submission, including three by anaconda choke.

Vieira has long been considered a key member of the famed Brazilian Top Team and taught the anaconda hold to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, who popularized it in a pair of 2004 PRIDE wins.

He fought most recently at a Strikeforce Challengers show last August, defeating Sterling Ford in a first-round technical submission. That victory stretched his win streak to three straight. Overall, he's won five of his last six bouts. During his career, he's also fought in PRIDE and M-1.

Safapour told MMA Fighting that Vieira does not yet have his octagon debut scheduled, but that the contract to move him from Strikeforce to UFC has been signed by all parties.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Damn there is a fight every week till march!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

King Mo was busted for masteron. If they start cracking down on testing we'll lose all the strikeforce heavy weight imports
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Damn, I didn't hear about that yet.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    King Mo was busted for masteron. If they start cracking down on testing we'll lose all the strikeforce heavy weight imports
    I wonder if Alistair can remain Ubereem if he really has to stop all his chemical assistance.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I wonder if Alistair can remain Ubereem if he really has to stop all his chemical assistance.
    Seriously huh. You can't stay Uber on HGH alone right? Is that still undetectable?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Seriously huh. You can't stay Uber on HGH alone right? Is that still undetectable?
    I believe so. I believe the fighters on give pee tests and HGH needs blood tests. I also believe fighters only test for blood once a year during licensing.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

But I guess if you only fight once every 6 months, that's enough time to run a cycle and PCT yourself back to homeostasis in time for drug testing.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

All UFC/Strikeforce signees must undergo pre-contract drug screenings for PEDs

Zuffa is making it a bit more difficult to become a UFC or Strikeforce fighter.

Officials today announced that all potential UFC and Strikeforce fighters, including those who compete on "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, must first pass a mandatory pre-contract screening for performance-enhancing drugs.

The policy has been put into immediate effect.

Once signed, fighters will undergo the normal event-related drug testing performed by state athletic commissions (or outside agencies Zuffa hires when no regulatory body is available in a specific region, such as Brazil and the U.K.).

"We're committed to the health and safety of our athletes, and we take it very seriously," UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta stated "We already work closely with athletic commissions to protect our athletes, and now we're taking it one step further. We're going to test any potential UFC or Strikeforce fighter before finalizing their contract. This shows that we don't want performance-enhancing drugs in our sport."

The announcement was made the same day that the Nevada State Athletic Commission announced that former Strikeforce champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal failed a Jan. 7 drug test due to an anabolic steroid.

Currently, nearly 350 fighters are under contract to Zuffa. In 2010, the organization announced customized accident insurance coverage for all competitors.

"The health and safety of our athletes is our top priority," UFC president Dana White stated. "We've seen the issues performance-enhancing drugs have caused in other sports, and we're going to do everything we can to keep them out of the UFC and Strikeforce. Our athletes are already held to the highest testing standards in all sports by athletic commissions. Our new testing policy for performance-enhancing drugs only further shows how important it is to us to have our athletes competing on a level playing field."
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

looks lke things will hopefully start moving in the right direction
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

But I guess if you only fight once every 6 months, that's enough time to run a cycle and PCT yourself back to homeostasis in time for drug testing.
    I gotta get me some of that soda Cyborg drinks. Diet Coke - zero sugar - now with P-stanz
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I know VolcomX311 is gonna like this for obvious reasons...

"Munoz is injured and out of the FOX fight," White posted via Twitter. "Now it's Chael Sonnen vs. Mike Bisping Jan. 28"
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

This is Cyborgs first fight, when she was still a women. She was still an aggressive beast, but her body was that of a female and not a shaved down albino ape.

NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

"Munoz is injured and out of the FOX fight," White posted via Twitter. "Now it's Chael Sonnen vs. Mike Bisping Jan. 28"
    Lol, I wonder if Dana didn't send a Zuffa hitman to take out Mike's knees so Chael and Bisping could happen. I say Munoz got Tonya Harding'ed.
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I gotta get me some of that soda Cyborg drinks. Diet Coke - zero sugar - now with P-stanz
    The first soft drink that requires PCT.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Lol, I wonder if Dana didn't send a Zuffa hitman to take out Mike's knees so Chael and Bisping could happen. I say Munoz got Tonya Harding'ed.
    But who's gonna be the UK spokesman once Bisping is deceased? Chael is gonna destroy him. The trash talk should be absolutely epic though. This is almost too good to be true.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

This is Cyborgs first fight, when she was still a women. She was still an aggressive beast, but her body was that of a female and not a shaved down albino ape.

Almost can't even recognize her. Awesome find.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

wow injuries everywhere

I kinda wanna see this fight more, I wanna see sonnen beat the snot out of Bisping

23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I felt like I had to share this.... I consider it MMA news..lol

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm all about ex UFC ring girl Logan Stanton in first and Britney Palmer in second. Chandella has body, but her face is suspect.
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I miss Rachel Leah.

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Chael Sonnen: 'I'm a defender of Bisping'

Anyone hoping middleweight Chael Sonnen will start an epic bout of trash talking with Michael "The Count" Bisping might find themselves let down.

"I'm a Bisping supporter," Sonnen says. "I'm not on the anti-Bisping bandwagon. I never have been."

Bisping replaces the injured Mark Munoz as an opponent for Sonnen in the co-main of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's Jan. 28 show in Chicago. The winner will face champion Anderson Silva later this year.

USA TODAY spoke to Sonnen on Tuesday, minutes after UFC announced the change in opponents. Excerpts from the conversation:

What was your reaction when you first heard that Mark Munoz was injured?

I don't know if had a reaction. I don't like to hear anybody being hurt, in the ring, outside of the ring. So I wasn't happy about it

I hope he's ok. I hope it's a matter of "Take a little ice and a couple of Tylenol and you'll be back," but I don't know the extent of it. I'm not a doctor.

Do you think Bisping has earned the right to fight for a title shot?

I'm a Bisping supporter. I think he has. I think he's fought a lot of important matches.

I don't know how tough the guys he fought were, how many ranked guys he had -- I'm not terribly familiar with his record. But at the end of the day, you can say what you want about his opponents, he doesn't pick his opponents. They pick his opponents and he goes in and he wins over and over again.

I think it's really relevant, especially for the Bisping naysayers, to realize he's fighting main-event fights. He's carrying cards. He's selling out arenas. In this industry, that's huge. He's done his part.

So I'm not on the anti-Bisping bandwagon. I never have been.

When you think about the way he generally fights, do you think for you he's a more difficult or easier opponent than Mark Munoz?

I think there's a couple of guys on the roster who I sit back and look at and think, "Geez, I'd just as soon not have to fight that guy," purely based on style. Purely based where you look at and go, "I'm not just not sure what I would do." Munoz is one of those guys.

There's other guys, and I've got locked in there with those guys. Paulo Filho was one of those guys. (Yushin) Okami was one of those guys. (Nate) Marquardt was one of those guys. Where I look at them and I go, "I don't know what I'm going to do here." But you accept the challenge all the same, and you go out there and you figure it out.

Munoz was on that list. So mentally, in my mind, I think Munoz is a real fierce competitor.

But I don't have a lot of ill will towards Bisping's skills either. I watch him, and like I said, more than anything, I watch him over and over again.

In some ways, Bisping's about as far from Munoz stylistically as you can get. How concerned are you about being able to adjust your game plan so close to the fight?

I've never done that. I've never had a game plan. I don't fully know what it means. I hear the term, especially in boxing, I hear guys talk
    about their plan or refer fighting to a game or whatever. I've never done that. I've never been part of that. I don't really know what it means fully.

So I don't care. I don't care about that at all.

I'm not ready yet. If you were to call me and say, "Hey, Chael, are you ready to go?" I'd say, "No, I'm not." But the good news is, I don't have to go today. The fight's a little bit down the line and there's still time to prepare and zero in. ... I've got enough time to
    do, but I've got just enough time. It's right around the corner.

My focus is on me. It's not on whoever they put across from me.

Given that Bisping tends to keep his fights standing, how likely are we to see a repeat of your approach in the Brian Stann fight?

You never know. I don't ever plan for those things.

With the Stann fight, I felt, "Well, if there's an opportunity to take him down, maybe I can score some points from down there." But I didn't
    know if I could take him down. I wasn't confident in it. So you always look at plan B or plan C, what's going to happen next if this doesn't happen.

That's the way my mind works. I kind of jump around a little bit and I do that in an attempt to be prepared for whatever may
    come at me.

There becomes a big confusion, like somebody will see me fight and say, "This guy really likes to do these two things." And somebody will watch Mike fight and say, "These are the things that Mike likes to do."

Well, the reality is, we do them because we can get away with them. But as soon as we can't get away with them, that's when you're going to start to see, "Oh, there's a lot more. There's a lot more in the tank. There's a lot more in the arsenal."

That's what I meant. If something opens up, great. But if it doesn't, we've got to adapt too. I'm not a one-trick pony out there; I'm the best fighter in the world. And I'm the best fighter in the world because I can fight anywhere.

What did you think of Bisping's fight with Jason "Mayhem" Miller?

I didn't get to see it. I feel like I saw it. I feel like I could tell you all about it because I read so much and I saw so much. Some of the guys that represent Mayhem, I also work with. So I feel like I can know a lot about it.

I think in fairness, even though Bisping went out and did his job, I think maybe Mayhem made it a little bit easier on him. I don't think Mayhem fought top notch that night. That's the reports that I'm hearing.

But who cares? Again, I get all these naysayers about Bisping, but the bottom line is, he wins. He goes out and he wins his fights. He should
    be credited for that.

How would you describe Bisping as a fighter? What jumps out about his style?

I think he's real active. I think if he had a strength, it would be the fact that he'll go hard. He'll fight hard the whole time. He's been in some real donnybrooks that have come down to the last moments of the last round, and he's able to continue fighting. While other guys are fading, he's still pushing. I think he's a very tough guy in that regard.

I think he's good. I hear a lot of negative things said about him, but I think most of it comes from frustration of maybe his personality or something like that. I think if you're real objective and you look at his skillset and his in-ring ability, you'll know that he's a talented guy.

You just mentioned his personality -- why do you think so many people dislike him, and on the flip side, why don't you?

I can only guess. He appears to be a little bit brash. He's definitely ****y and arrogant, which is two qualities that I like in a person. I like a ****y guy and I like an arrogant guy, so he earns points with me in those regards, but I think it turns a lot of people off.

I don't really know. When you get a guy that's out there demanding title shots and you look at his list of accomplishments, you kind of go on, "Who'd you beat? Why do you think you deserve that shot?" And so it gets a little bit confusing in those regards.

But again, I'm a defender of Bisping. ... He doesn't get to pick his opponent. They pick his opponent. He fights them all and at the end of the day, he beats them all.

I don't have his record in front of me, but I think outside of the (Dan) Henderson loss, I'm not sure he's ever been beat in
    the UFC. I believe they gave Wanderlei (Silva) a win over him, which was possibly the right call, possibly not; I know there was some controversy around it.

But I've never even seen Bisping in trouble. I've never seen him come out of there cut and scraped and bruised. He seems to go in, take care of business and go home.

Do you think Bisping could beat Anderson Silva?

Almost any statement can be true if you include the word "could." I wouldn't pick him to beat him. I think match-up wise, it may not be that favorable of a stylistic match, but I don't know.

I'll tell you this: If you want to make a lot of money; if you want to quit your day job and really make a lot of money -- you should ask me before every fight who's going to win, and then you should bet heavily on the opposite. I am the single-worst
    fight picker. It drives my mother crazy. My mom says it's like I know nothing about the sport.

I can give you a perfect example. I took (Anthony) "Rumble" Johnson and I took Chad Mendes just over the weekend. So it shows you what I know.

I don't like the way Bisping talks. I don't like the way a lot of these guys talk when it comes to Anderson. They all want to talk about their shot, their shot, their shot.

I don't want a shot. I've never asked Dana White for a shot at the title. I want the title, there's a tremendous difference between my mindset and everybody else's.

If you want your name in lights and you want that one big paycheck, go out and get your shot. I don't want either. I've got
    plenty of money. I've got plenty of notoriety. What I don't have is a 12-pound gold belt reminding me each day that I'm the baddest man God ever made. So that's what I'm after and that's what sets me apart from everybody else.

But again -- I'm a supporter of Bisping. I'm a supporter of him getting his shot. I think he's done the right things. I think
    he fought the people they asked him to fight. He did it in main-event status, main-event fashion. He's fought the five-round fights, whether he ended up using all the five rounds or not. He signed the contract and he went out and did it.

I'm not a naysayer, man. I'm a supporter of Bisping.

How do you decide which fighters deserve your support and which ones deserve your disdain?

First off, I never go after anybody unless he's on top.

When I started on the Nogueira brothers -- and of course, I leave them alone now; I don't take any pleasure in them falling from grace, or certainly the big one having to go through an injury; that brings me no pleasure at all. But when I started on
    them, they were supposedly this untouchable pair, fighters of fighters, men's men. And I'm looking at it going, "No, you're not."

It's the same thing with Wanderlei Silva. I don't taking any pleasure in kicking Wanderlei now, now that the word's out that he's yesterday's news.

But at the time when I started picking on him, it's because nobody else would. A guy puts a tattoo on the back of his skull, puts his beady eyes on you and rolls his wrists around, and all of a sudden the whole world thinks that's scary. That doesn't do anything for me. I'll slap you right on your face while you're rolling your wrists around. My point wasn't so much to attack Wanderlei, as it was to let the rest of the world know, "Who cares? Who cares about his tattoo and his beady eyes and his rolly
    little wrists?

That's really where it started with Anderson too. Anderson became this untouchable guy. I've got to walk around in the back at the UFC and watch fellow fighters ask him for his autograph, and it makes my stomach sick.

If you're going to be a fighter in the UFC, you need to be fighting for one reason, and that is the championship. If the day comes when I realize that I just can't reach that championship, I'm out. I'm not going to stick around for a paycheck or for the applause of the crowd. I'm not in it for that. I'm in it for the championship, the one and only reason you should be in this sport.

So my disdain doesn't necessarily go to the fighters. It goes to fighters that refuse to fight the fighters.
    NSCA - CSCS
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I believe so. I believe the fighters on give pee tests and HGH needs blood tests. I also believe fighters only test for blood once a year during licensing.
    No blood testing is required by the AC.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    No blood testing is required by the AC.
    That would explain Randy Couture's many years of chemical romance with HGH.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

That would explain Randy Couture's many years of chemical romance with HGH.
    Tito as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Rampage Jackson Responds To 'King Mo' Lawal's Failed Steroid Test

NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM