Athletix Sports Daily MMA News

Page 127 of 148 First ... 122125126127128129132 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    It seemed like Zombie was starting to do more but unless he finished it he was going to lose.

I don't feel too bad for Machida after his last fight with Hendo.
    So I wonder if this means Phil Davis is fighting JBJ after JBJ dominates Gustoffson.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Official Machida vs Davis score card

Name:  scorecard_zpsa607f667.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  44.2 KB
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Pros react to Korean Zombie's injury, score Phil Davis

A brutally slow event pace, a bizarre, controversial co-main event, and a title fight ended prematurely by a shoulder injury; all in all, the UFC's fourth journey into Rio de Janeiro didn't exactly pan out as anticipated. Though none of that matters now.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, UFC 163 is in the books. Phil Davis is light heavyweight's new upstart contender, and Jose Aldo remains entrenched atop the UFC featherweight throne. Chan Sung Jung's fourth-round dislocation may have been a strange but fitting ending to an already weird night, but it provided plenty of material for the mixed martial arts community to debate on Twitter.

Joseph Benavidez ✔ @JoeJitsu

True zombie style he tried to pop it back in, Aldo looked sharp. #AC4FIGHTPARTY #UFC163 @assassinscreed
    9:45 PM - 3 Aug 2013

Matt Serra ✔ @mattserraUFC

Not for nothing Phil Davis is awesome but that's some BS!!! They award to much for TD's even though no damage is done on the floor! Booooo
    9:06 PM - 3 Aug 2013

Daniel Cormier ✔ @dc_mma

Guys was a close fight. No one landed many strikes. Turn the volume down and watch the fight and it won't be as obvious.

Tim Kennedy ✔ @TimKennedyMMA

I thought @lyotomachidafw won that fight. He landed more significant strikes. #UFC163

Patrick Healy ✔ @BamBamHealy

I woulda scored it 30-27 for Machida. #ufc163
    9:13 PM - 3 Aug 2013

Alistair Overeem ✔ @Alistairovereem

Congrats to @cezarmutante, submission of the night candidate for sure @blackzilians, great fight and awesome finish

Mitch Clarke ✔ @mitchclarkeMMA

Perosh did to Vinny what @ryanjimmo did to perosh

Dana White:
    Perosh was a 5-1 underdog and 25-1 for him to win by KO in the 1st round. Who took that bet?!?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/4/...-lyoto-machida
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Jose Aldo: “It wasn’t the best way to finish, but I won

UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo appeared to be on track to pick up another victory when an unfortunate situation unfolded in the Octagon, adding an asterisk to an otherwise impressive performance against Chan Sung Jung. In the fourth frame of their headlining fight at UFC 163, “The Korean Zombie” jacked his shoulder up on an errant strike and was quickly finished off while trying to deal with a serious injury.

Aldo spoke about the victory to Fuel TV after the event where he expressed regret over the way the result came about though he wasn’t necessarily apologetic for exiting the ring with his title-reign intact.

“I told his coaches I was sorry it ended that way. He was getting better in the fight and it wasn’t the best way to finish, but I won the fight,” said Aldo, dismissing questions about whether or not his energy was fading as the clash continued on. “I knew I was winning the first three rounds. I slowed down so I wouldn’t expose myself. I hold the belt right now, and people always think that I get tired, but my cardio is great.”

The 23-1 Aldo also addressed discussion on his next move, admitting lightweight was still a possibility depending on the UFC matchmaking team’s mindset.

“I don’t know. That’s up to Joe Silva, but I would move up to 155,” confirmed Aldo.

The UFC 163 victory was Aldo’s sixteenth straight and fifth consecutive defense of the divisional belt. Additionally, the performance marked the fourteenth TKO of his career.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

X-ray confirms Jose Aldo broke his foot during UFC 163

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Jose Aldo's fourth-round TKO win over Chan Sung Jung was a costly one.

At the UFC 163 post-fight press conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, the 145-pound champion revealed he injured his right foot during the fight, and an X-ray exam confirmed it was broken. As a result, Aldo isn't expected to fight again this year.

“He broke his foot two minutes into the fight,” Andre Pederneiras, Jose Aldo’s head coach, told MMAFighting.com on Sunday. “The first kick he threw landed on (Jung’s) knee”.

With his foot injured, Aldo was forced to change his game plan during the fight and use less leg kicks, one of his main weapons in his undefeated run in the UFC and WEC. However, he was still able to score his second knockout win in the UFC, the 14th of his MMA career.

Aldo's doctors couldn't tell him when he would be able to return just yet, but it won’t be anytime soon.

“We are talking to the UFC doctor, Marcio Tannure, but he’ll probably take a medical suspension for the next two or three months," Pederneiras said. “It’s up to the doctors now."
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

So happy I didn't buy this fight, what a horrible card.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Whack card for sure. How'd you like Joe's new show? I thought it was cool.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311
    Whack card for sure. How'd you like Joe's new show? I thought it was cool.
    A lot of lesser known Brazilians filling it up. UFC definitely trying to cash in on that market.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

A lot of lesser known Brazilians filling it up. UFC definitely trying to cash in on that market.
    They're trying to break into the Chinese market via Hong Kong I believe. I think they intend to hold a UFC out there. It would have helped that cause if Korean Zombie had won. They were going to hit Mexico pretty hard had Miguel Torres became a UFC champ, but that didn't turn out.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Lyoto Machida: “I’m in a state of shock.”

Going in to UFC 163, light heavyweight Lyoto Machida had been promised a pair of title-shots after previous victories and seemed certain to lock up an opportunity at winning the belt with a win over Phil Davis. And, up until the moment the scorecards were read, it looked as though Machida was destined to do just that after a solid showing against the decorated wrestler. However, the rug was quickly pulled out from under Machida when “Mr. Wonderful” was awarded a Unanimous Decision, leaving the 35-year old to question what else he could have done outside of finish Davis to have earned the officials’ favor.

In an interview with MMAFighting moments removed from the rumble, Machida remained confused about the way things went down, calling for a second shot at Davis to prove he truly is the better man.

“I’m in a state of shock. I don’t agree with this result. That’s all I can say,” said the baffled Brazilian. “I don’t know what happened. I don’t know what the judges saw.”

“I’m very unhappy with MMA rules and UFC referee. I don’t think they prepare enough for the fight,” Machida continued. “If UFC can, I would like a rematch with Phil Davis because I want to prove I can beat him.”

The loss snapped a two-fight winning streak for Machida and dropped his record to 6-4 in his last ten tilts.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC decides not to renew Roger Gracie's contract

Roger Gracie will not get a second UFC fight. The Strikeforce middleweight made the crossover to the UFC earlier this year, and the highly regarded BJJ wizard made his debut against Tim Kennedy at UFC 162. Gracie took round 1 but that was the extent of his success, as he lost the decision and now he's lost his place in the UFC. Ivan Raupp of Combate.com confirms that Gracie's UFC fight was the last one on his four-fight contract, which was a continuation of his Strikeforce deal, and his performance was apparently not worthy of a contract renewal.

According to the article, Gracie (6-2) is considering a return to light heavyweight after several fights at middleweight. He started his MMA career at heavyweight.

If you're keeping score on the success of the Gracie family in Zuffa-era UFC, none of them has won a fight. Royce Gracie lost to Matt Hughes at UFC 60, Rolles Gracie was TKO'ed by Joey Beltran at UFC 109, Renzo Gracie was stopped by Hughes at UFC 112, and now Roger Gracie joins the list with his loss to Tim Kennedy.

The next question is obviously where Roger Gracie will land next. World Series of Fighting has Gregor, Igor, and Rolles Gracie on the roster, so that's a significant possibility. Raupp's article also suggests that Roger's camp is interested in potentially joining Bellator.
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Chan Sung Jung says shoulder feels “okay” after UFC 163

After struggling to match UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo for the first three rounds it seemed as though Chan Sung Jung was finally getting his footing under him in last night’s main event match-up at UFC 163. Sadly, it will never be known whether the noticeable change was a matter of “The Korean Zombie” working his way towards a comeback victory or simply Aldo putting it in cruise control, as Jung separated his shoulder in a freak occurrence and understandably faded immediately.

Jung updated fans on his health at the post-event press conference, explaining Aldo’s instinct to pounce paid off.

“I felt like my strategy was starting to work, in particular in the fourth round. I was starting to turn up the intensity. Unfortunately, when I separated my shoulder, I tried to put it back in myself, but it didn’t work, and I think Jose noticed my shoulder was out, and he kicked me three times really hard,” explained the disappointed 26-year old. “So unfortunately, the shoulder was not able to be put back in.”

The fan-favorite quickly added he was in better shape after having received some attention from doctors backstage.

“It was really painful when it first separated, but they took us back to the medical room, and they popped it back into place,” he said. “It feels okay.”

It is unknown how long the 13-4 Jung will be out based on the injury. Still, the situation remains concerning nonetheless, as the bout with Aldo was Jung’s first back from surgery on his shoulder to correct a lingering issue.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Chan Sung Jung says he 'would love to get a rematch'

Despite losing by TKO to Jose Aldo after suffering a shoulder injury, "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung says that he would like a rematch and another chance to win the UFC featherweight title.

Chan Sung Jung fought a measured and patient fight this past weekend at UFC 163 against UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo. One theory is that he hesitated to engage against a dynamic, best in the history of the division Aldo for fear of being finished, another is that he was trying to push Aldo to the championship rounds and attempt to test his "questionable" cardio.

Either way, when "The Korean Zombie" missed with an overhand right and suffered a dislocated shoulder, it was the end of his title bid.

Jung discussed his disappointment as well as desire for a rematch following the bout:

f"[My shoulder] was really painful when it first separated, but when they took us back to the medical room, they popped it back into place. Now it feels okay," Jung said through a translator at UFC 163's post-fight fight conference.

"As far as the rematch goes, I would love to get a rematch," Jung said. "I would love to ask for a rematch, but I think there are other people that are waiting in line right now, and I probably have to get a couple more wins in the division before they'll give me another shot at the title."
    While Jung is likely correct that he's going to need to pick up a few more wins before he gets another chance at the title, he has continued to position himself through his crowd pleasing style as one of the few "fan favorite" fighters in the lighter weight classes. Thus he might actually have a chance to secure a rematch somewhere in the future.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anthony Pettis still has sights set on scrap with Jose Ald

UFC lightweight Anthony Pettis was one of the numerous individuals whose eyes was trained on a television screen this past Saturday night, watching featherweight champion Jose Aldo emerge victorious at UFC 163 after securing a strike-based stoppage over Chan Sung Jung. Of course, were it not for an untimely knee injury suffered a few months back Pettis’ perspective would have been very different, filling Jung’s shoes rather than those of a spectator.

While Pettis’ removal from the bout ultimately opened the door for “Showtime” to square off against 155-pound king Benson Henderson later this month, the 26-year old recently let it be known he hasn’t forgotten about the brilliant Brazilian.

“It was a dream fight for me. My injury was real and the UFC took me from the fight,” said Pettis to MMAFighting. “I hope to win my next fight and fight Aldo at 145 pounds.”

Aldo suffered a broken foot in his bout over the weekend and will likely be out for the remainder of the year while recovering. He has teased a move up to lightweight for his next fight though there are still plenty of challengers at 145 pounds.

The match-up between Pettis and Henderson is scheduled for August 31 at UFC 164. The two faced off before under WEC’s flag with the former getting the edge over a five-round rumble and earning a Unanimous Decision win.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    They're trying to break into the Chinese market via Hong Kong I believe. I think they intend to hold a UFC out there. It would have helped that cause if Korean Zombie had won. They were going to hit Mexico pretty hard had Miguel Torres became a UFC champ, but that didn't turn out.
    Ya it seems like they are having a hard time breaking into the Asian market. Definitely untapped when you consider how many potential fans that would bring. Just look what the NBA did with Yao Ming.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Ya it seems like they are having a hard time breaking into the Asian market. Definitely untapped when you consider how many potential fans that would bring. Just look what the NBA did with Yao Ming.
    Hell, look at Linsanity and he isn't even all the way Asian like Yao Ming, meaning Lin belongs to the U.S.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311

Hell, look at Linsanity and he isn't even all the way Asian like Yao Ming, meaning Lin belongs to the U.S.
    Haha exactly. Don't think it hurt he started in New York where there is a huge Asian-American population.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anderson Silva Wants Chuck Norris for His UFC 168 Training

According to Fighters Only Magazine, Anderson Silva has decided to add a new coach to his camp for his rematch with Chris Weidman: Chuck Norris.

“I had a nightmare with Weidman, but I don’t fear him. He is determined, but has two arms and two legs just like me,” Silva said. “Now I’ll bring Chuck Norris [to my camp]. I’ll bring both, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal.”

It is a curious move in light of Silva's recent loss at UFC 162. One would have assumed he would want to bring in an Olympic wrestler or otherwise-qualified ground fighter. Instead, Silva has chosen another celebrity martial artist to complement his use of Steven Seagal.

BloodyElbow.com quoted Damian Maia in a July interview on Brazilian television, as the former contender stated that he and others in the MMA community saw the Seagal and Silva connection as a sort of publicity stunt.

Quote:
    It's a lie. It's marketing. Like every actor from Hollywood, when Seagal saw Anderson's success, he glued himself to him. He was down on his career and made it up again. It worked because he appeared in the media again. He never taught Silva anything ... For everyone who knows about it, it's a joke.
    If Maia is correct, then Silva appears to be doubling down on the joke.

To be fair, Norris is accomplished in his own martial arts career. In 1968 he defeated Louis Delgado to win the Professional Middleweight Karate title. Norris held the title for six years. He is also the first Westerner to hold an eighth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Silva utilizes the style in his fights, so it is possible Norris will be able to assist the middleweight in his already extensive striking game.

Time will tell if Silva's interest is genuine. For now, the move will likely perplex MMA fans more than endear Silva to them.
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Eddie Alvarez and management looking to settle with Bellat

Eddie Alvarez, the former Bellator Lightweight champ, is locked in limbo awaiting trial in his various lawsuits with the promotion but his manager says they are working to reach a settlement.

Eddie Alvarez, the former Bellator Lightweight champ who signed an 8-fight deal with the UFC only for Bellator to claim they matched the offer and tie him up in lawsuits, might not end up going to trial in 2014 after all. His manager Glenn Robinson spoke to MMA FIghting:

"We're not there yet but hoping we can come together [on a settlement]," Robinson said.

Robinson wouldn't discuss whether there was a chance Alvarez could fight on Bellator's Nov. 2 pay-per-view, headlined by Tito Ortiz vs. Quinton Jackson. He also wouldn't specify whether he was hoping the settlement would be a new Bellator deal or allowing Alvarez to sign with UFC.
    Some have speculated that the Alvarez suit was a motivating factor in Bellator's rush to PPV since their attempt to match the UFC's offer relies heavily on their claims that they will be able to book him on a PPV.

It's no surprise that Alvarez is looking to settle, he's already lost a year of his fighting prime to this contract dispute and with nothing more than a pretrial conference scheduled for September 2014, he could easily waste his remaining career in court.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Silva better start growing a beard then.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anderson still seeking superfights with Jon Jones, GSP

UFC middleweight great Anderson Silva isn’t looking past his December 28 rematch with champion Chris Weidman for obvious reasons. After all, discounting the individual who delivered Silva’s first loss in the Octagon as well as the first knockout of the Brazilian’s storied career would be nothing short of stupid. However, that’s not to say Silva doesn’t have other opponents he’s interested in eventually facing.

In a pair of conversations captured by MMAFighting, Silva admitted he hadn’t dismissed the idea of bouts with Jon Jones and Georges St-Pierre even if others have including UFC President Dana White.

“I really wanted this fight to happen. He’s a guy that plays by the rules, doesn’t take too many risks,” said Silva in an interview with Brazilian radio show Panico, pointing to the stylistic difference between his approach at GSP’s. “That fight may happen, or maybe not. He said he doesn’t want it, I don’t know. I’ll train and remain focused to fight on December 28.”

St-Pierre, who is welterweight champion, has balked at the idea of battling Silva before based on the size difference and need to add on bulk, possibly having a permanent effect on his career.

Silva also told Globo he wanted to meet Jones at some point down the road, giving fans what they’ve been asking for since “Bones” emerged as a legitimate force. The light heavyweight king is 18-1 and looked nearly unbeatable against all of his adversaries thus far.

“The Spider” won’t have to worry about either duel developing without success against Weidman at UFC 168. Their match-up last month featured Weidman dominating most phases of the fight, eventually stopping Silva with strikes when the veteran’s showmanship exposed his chin to a few stiff shots.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate explain their chilly *****ry

CHICAGO -- After a week of doing media events together, UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and challenger Miesha Tate didn't acknowledge each other as they walked into the same room. They sat as far apart as possible during lunch, too.

Still, they couldn't find another subject but each other as they spoke to media at a restaurant here in Chicago last week. The *****ry that began before they fought last March was center stage. Nearly every question asked of Rousey and Tate was about Rousey and Tate.

They easily spoke about each other from 10 feet away without actually addressing each other. They shot several dirty looks across the table, but never quite exchanged glances. If the hate between them is an act, they should win an Oscar.

They were never friends, but at times, their *****ry took a backburner. How did it get so hot? Rousey said things got much worse because of how Tate treated her and her team during taping of "The Ultimate Fighter."

"I have an all-Armenian coaching team, and let's just say she won't have a single Armenian fan once the show airs," Rousey said to Cagewriter.
    Tate couldn't pinpoint when their *****ry turned into all-out hatred, but knew that it happened on the TUF set.

"Surprisingly, when we first got on the show, we kinda got along. I thought it was really cool that she came up to me after the Cat Zingano loss. I could tell she was sincere, and she said, 'Hey, it was a really good fight.' I touched her and said, 'Thank you.' It was the first time we had really exchanged nice words. Then we went into the show, and we were on the same page for about two seconds. As the show got started and the first fight took place, that's when things really took a downward spiral again. I'm not really sure why, but we have a ton of history."

Something they agree on is that the *****ry had a good effect on women's role in MMA.

"It caused waves, and those waves caused us to get noticed. Our *****ry together that really grabbed the attention for women's MMA, and grabbed the attention of Dana White. It's a huge part of the reason why we're here today. If she would have had more of my type of personality, a little bit more respectful, a little bit more humble and meek outside of the cage, we probably wouldn't have caused the waves. We wouldn't have drawn the attention. She took a bold step, and it was risky to come out and be so different than any women's MMA fighter had been," Tate said.

"Hey, women fighters weren't getting anywhere acting like Miss America. I can't go around living my life like there's always a five-year-old in the room. I don't," Rousey said.

The other thing they agree on is that there conditions under which they could be friends. However, don't expect to see them hanging out and laughing about their old *****ry just yet.

"After I beat her [expletive] on Dec. 28 and after she breaks up with [longtime boyfriend and UFC fighter] Bryan Caraway, I will buy her some ice cream and wings and say, 'Let's talk.' But those two things have to happen first," Rousey said.

Tate said there is likely too much history to expect any kind of friendship.

"The last time we fought, I thought she had that time that moment of glory and she had that opportunity to say, 'Hey, I know I've been a little brash or rude, but hey. Good fight.' But she didn't. She was very clear and stuck to her guns. She kinda kicked me when I was down. She showed her true colors right then. That's going to be hard for me to let go of.

"She said she was raised that if you respect someone, you tell them how you feel to their face," Tate continued. "She's never really told me how she's felt about me to my face. She's only been insulting to me. Flipping me off, saying, '[Expletive] you, [expletive.]'That doesn't really qualify as, 'I don't like you, and here's why I don't like you."
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Teixeira one “strong victory” away from a title-shot

With Lyoto Machida out of the picture after a controversial decision loss to Phil Davis at UFC 163 it looks like the path is officially clear for light heavyweight Glover Teixeira to secure a shot at divisional gold. The 21-2 Teixeira has looked sharp in a quartet of consecutive clashes since signing with the UFC, beating the likes of James Te Huna and Quinton Jackson along the way. And, according to UFC executive Marshall Zelaznik, doing the same against Ryan Bader on September 4 will produce an opportunity to procure the belt.

“Dana White and Joe Silva have confirmed with a strong victory by Glover that he probably gets the winner of the Jon Jones fight (with Alexander Gustafsson),” said Zelaznik at the post-event press conference for UFC 163. “Glover’s got an opportunity to go for that belt with a big win, so we’re expecting big things in Belo Horizonte.”

Teixeira-Bader is set to headline UFC Fight Night 28 in Brazil. Teixeira is 21-2 in his career with nineteen straight wins behind him. All but three of his victories have featured some form of finish. Meanwhile, the 15-3 Bader is coming off a submission stoppage of Vladimir Matyushenko and will represent the toughest wrestler Teixeira has faced thus far in his career.
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

'Rampage' : Tito Ortiz 'fu**ed up' Roy Jones Jr. fight

Quinton Jackson was all set to box Roy Jones Jr. under the Bellator banner before his old friend, Tito Ortiz, joined the promotion. Now, "Rampage" will have to take care of "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" before realizing his boxing aspirations.

If you thought the proposed boxing match between former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson and boxing legend Roy Jones Jr. was just a ruse, think again.

Even though "Rampage" signed on the dotted line to face another former UFC champion, Tito Ortiz, under the Bellator MMA banner -- the mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion's first-ever foray into the pay-per-view (PPV) business on Nov. 2, 2013 -- Jackson still has his sights on Jones.

And the feeling is mutual, according to Quinton, who revealed during today's (Aug, 5, 2013) Bellator 106 media conference call that a boxing match against Jones Jr. might still take place in the near future after Ortiz "****ed up" the original plan.

Furthermore, "Rampage" suggested he even considered taking on another UFC castoff turned-boxer, Kimbo Slice:

"Honestly, I think Tito ****ed up that (Roy Jones Jr.) fight. The whole time I was getting ready to prepare for Jones. I was gonna get down to 200 pounds, I was already setting up a boxing camp and everything and then Tito signed to Bellator and I thought, 'Damn, there goes my Roy Jones fight!' But, I think the Jones fight will come around eventually after Tito and I fight. If everything goes according to plan, I'm sure that's a fight that will happen because Jones is very interested in fighting me."
    And boxing, according to Jackson, has always been on his bucket list -- even way back when -- admitting that when he saw Slice doing well post-UFC, he even considered a squared circle showdown against his former The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) student.

His words:

"When I was voicing leaving the UFC and I wanted to box, before I even signed with Bellator, I was being real. I wanted to box because I heard Kimbo was out there doing some boxing was doing good and I figured, 'Hell, I'll box him.' I just wanted to try boxing because if you think about it, I've done everything else. I've done jiu-jitsu at the beginning of my career, K-1 and I've done MMA, apparently. But, boxing is the only thing I haven't done and I want to try it before retire ... it just played out the way it did, then Tito came over and ****ed all that up."
    Kimbo vs. Jackson in an MMA cage or boxing ring?

Anything is seemingly possible now that both combatants have the liberty to explore different fighting options and are no longer under an exclusive UFC contract.

Should a boxing match against Jones or Slice not come to fruition after his clash against Ortiz, Tyrone Spong is looking for someone to box later this year, too.
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Volcom what word keeps getting ***'d out in the Tate/Rousey post?
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

yeah wth lol

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

r i v a l is a bad word these days? The unacceptable hate word is r i v a l r y
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

LOL too funny.

I watched the 2 episodes of the new Joe Rogan show, it was pretty good. Interesting stuff going on thats for sure, who knows whats true and whats not, but very entertaining show.

Did you like it VolcomX?

29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    LOL too funny.

I watched the 2 episodes of the new Joe Rogan show, it was pretty good. Interesting stuff going on thats for sure, who knows whats true and whats not, but very entertaining show.

Did you like it VolcomX?
    Was one of them where they were in the woods looking for bigfoot or whatever? I'm sure Joe Rogan was high out of his mind.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm biased toward anything Joe does, with the exception of his actual stand-up comedy. I love his Podcasts, I like him as a commentator, so I watch his show through fandom eyes, which means I'm going to inherently think it's better than it actually is, so I did like it. Matter of fact, I don't really like any of the stand-up acts of anyone from Deathsquad, even Joey Diaz, but I'm more of a black comedy guy anyway, like Kevin Hart, Bruce Bruce, Lavelle Crawford and the such.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM