Athletix Sports Daily MMA News

Page 124 of 148 First ... 119122123124125126129 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    New facebook draw is up! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Athle...5465911?ref=hl

Thats sick, I would love to watch the full rounds of this.
    They go A LOT harder then all the Silva/Machida sparring videos I've seen.
    NSCA - CSCS

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Heavyweight Championship bout: Cain Velasquez (c) vs Junior dos Santos
    Heavyweight bout: Daniel Cormier vs Roy Nelson
    Welterweight bout: Hector Lombard vs Nate Marquardt
    Middleweight bout: Luke Rockhold vs Tim Boetsch
    Lightweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs Gilbert Melendez

Prelims
    Lightweight bout: Tony Ferguson vs Mike Rio

Odd question, but if you had to choose 1 of the remaining PPVs this year... which would you pick to order? I'm leaning toward 166.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 166 Fight Card Grows

The UFC 166 fight card slated for Oct. 19 in Houston continues to grow by the hour.

The latest additions are George Sotiropoulos vs. KJ Noons in the lightweight bout, and a heavyweight bout pitting Gabriel Gonzaga against Shawn Jordan.

The Age first reported the Sotiropoulos vs. Noons fight, while Gonzaga vs. Jordan was reported by The Advocate. UFC officials later confirmed both bouts.

Sotiropoulos (14-5) enters the fight with Noons in desperate need of a victory, having lost three consecutive bouts. Noons (11-7) also steps into this one looking for some rays of sunshine. Like Sotiropoulos, he has lost three straight, including his UFC debut in May.

Gonzaga (15-7) is in the midst of his second UFC tour, having won three of his four bouts since returning at UFC 142 in January of last year. Jordan (15-4) is also in the midst of a 3-1 run in the Octagon, including a victory over Pat Barry at UFC 161.

UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez puts his belt on the line against Juior dos Santos in the UFC 166 main event.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    Odd question, but if you had to choose 1 of the remaining PPVs this year... which would you pick to order? I'm leaning toward 166.
    Yeah, UFC 166 is stacked and it just got even better with Sotiropoulos vs Koons and Gonzaga vs Shawn Jordon.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Dana White on Jeopardy

NSCA - CSCS
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Ellenberger Laughs at the Idea That Rory Is next GSP

While the marquee for UFC on Fox 8 lists Demetrious Johnson vs. John Moraga as the main event, many people are looking at the welterweight battle between Jake Ellenberger and Rory MacDonald with just as much interest.

The two fighters are both ranked in the top five in the division, and with a win it's going to be hard to deny either one a title shot in the very near future.

Despite his name not being listed as the headline fight, Ellenberger knows what's on the line when he faces MacDonald Saturday night in Seattle.

"I would definitely feel like this is a No. 1 contender's fight, and I've been told that verbally, but you never know," Ellenberger revealed when speaking to Bleacher Report. "In a division like this, we've got if not the toughest division in the UFC. It's constantly changing. You see guys that are top three or top five, and they go out of the top ten. It's changing so often."

The measuring stick for Ellenberger is facing a fighter who, according to the official rankings from the UFC, is actually one spot ahead of him in the top ten. It's safe to say Ellenberger doesn't agree with that assessment, just like a certain comparison that gets thrown around quite often.

MacDonald is one of the main training partners of UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, and they are often placed in the same sentence when talking about the superior fighters coming out of their gym in Montreal.

While it's true MacDonald and St-Pierre do train together, the gap in talent and skill couldn't be further apart, according to Ellenberger.

He also says you can stop the discussion about the two of them fighting one another because not only does he plan on beating MacDonald at UFC on Fox 8, but if the two teammates ever did square off, the results would be pretty one-sided.

"Georges St-Pierre and Rory are two completely different fighters and two completely different styles," Ellenberger said. "You look at GSP, he's extremely skilled, he's been on top for many years and he's obviously proven time and time again that he's the champ. For people to say that Rory's this or Rory's that, Rory's the next GSP, Rory is GSP 2.0, give me a break. On what planet?

"That wouldn't even be a close fight. It wouldn't even be a good fight. You tell me where Rory is going to be as good as GSP matching in one area? It's not true."

Leading up to this fight, Ellenberger has taken a different approach when taking aim at MacDonald than many of his past opponents. It's not so much in his training techniques as it is him poking at MacDonald via Twitter quite a few times over the last few months.

Throughout his fight career, Ellenberger has never had much use for trash talk, but for some reason this time he opted to have some fun at MacDonald's expense.

"I do it for laughs," Ellenberger said about his Twitter rants aimed at MacDonald. "Anybody can take anything personal. You should see some of the things people tweet me. I die laughing. It's hilarious. Any time you're in the spotlight, you can't take things personally. In truth, it makes the fight more intriguing, but at the end of the day we're still going to fight, and he can try to beat me up for saying it."

Part of it also came from the fact that Ellenberger believes that to this point in his UFC career, MacDonald has skated by on a healthy dose of fear and respect from his past opponents. Add to that a couple of lightweights posing as welterweights, and Ellenberger is certain that MacDonald's status is more than just a little more bloated than what he's actually earned to this point.

"They give this kid too much respect," Ellenberger commented. "We've had a lot of common opponents. He's fought good friends of mine. Mike Guymon, Mike Pyle. He beat a couple of 55'ers. I mean, come on. B.J. Penn walks around at 167 pounds. His days of calling out who he's fighting is over. You think you're a top echelon fighter, well guess what? You're not going to call who you fight. You're not going to call the shots. You fight who they tell you to fight and prove that you're the best in the world."

While he's not hiding his disdain for some of the praise that's been heaped on MacDonald's shoulders since coming to the UFC, Ellenberger still knows this is a dangerous fight.

At the same time, however, MacDonald's status as the 'next big thing' could give Ellenberger the perfect platform to make an example out of him on live network television.

"There's nothing he's going to do that I haven't seen. I'm doing so many things in training that I absolutely hate, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to win. It's that psychological edge. I acknowledge what this kid does well. He's got a lot of potential. He has some good kicks, he's got a good jab, he's got a good body shot, but that's not going to change the way I fight him," Ellenberger said. "He's got a hell of a lot more to worry about than I do."
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...m_**********mma
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Haha funny
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

'Rampage' Will Reportedly Face Roy Jones Jr. in Boxing

Former UFC champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has reportedly booked his first fight since signing with Bellator Fighting Championships, but it won't be an MMA bout.

According to MMAJunkie.com, Jackson will instead be strapping on the boxing gloves to face former multi-divisional champion Roy Jones Jr. The weight limit is currently unspecified, and the match will be a Viacom/Bellator-produced pay-per-view event to close out the year.

Bellator officials were unavailable for comment at the time of publication when contacted by Bleacher Report.

Hi-res-98222070_crop_exact
    Ethan Miller/Getty Images
    Jackson has been out of action since January when he lost a unanimous decision to Glover Teixeira in his final bout in the UFC. Following that fight, Jackson was granted free agency and opted to sign a long-term deal with Bellator. Additional deals are in place with parent company Viacom and TNA pro wrestling.

Since signing his new deal, Jackson has been appearing on TNA wrestling while rehabbing an injured knee that ailed him for the biggest part of his last few fights with the UFC. There was no timetable for his return to action, although he speculated it would be before the end of 2013.

Now all signs are pointing toward Jackson stepping back into the cage/ring later this year while facing a former boxing legend in his return fight.

Roy Jones Jr. has had his name tossed around MMA circles for the last few years, most notably by former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who long talked about facing him in a boxing match.

UFC president Dana White even teased that he was talking to Jones during UFC 162 fight week about possibly making a deal to put him in the cage with Silva. Unfortunately, that plan all fell to the wayside thanks to Chris Weidman ending Silva's reign as champion with a second-round knockout victory.

That left Jones without any potential opponents, but it seems Bellator and Viacom were still interested in matching him up with somebody from the MMA world. That somebody is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

It's unknown at this time how Viacom or Bellator would promote such a fight given the fact they are not in the business of boxing, but at least the skeletal work has been formed and the rumor has been spread.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anderson Silva Breaks Down His UFC 162 Loss

It’s been almost three weeks since Anderson Silva’s epic reign as the UFC’s middleweight champion came to an end.

That end came by way of one of the most bizarre knockouts we’ve seen in MMA at the hands of Chris Weidman.

Since then, Silva has been in recrimination mode. He appeared on Brazilian TV in tears and promised the world a different Silva when the pair are to have a rematch later in the year.

Those promises are pinned on an honest assessment of what went wrong for the former champ at UFC 162. He spoke to Brazilian late-night talk show Agora é Tarde, per ESPN, breaking down the entire fight.

“Getting knocked out is the worst,” Silva said “There are always going to be questions -- people want to know what happened, but [when you’re knocked out] you don't remember anything. You black out and that's it.”

Silva explained his technical mistakes in the fight, including standing too parallel to Weidman instead of stepping back on one foot. That might be an understatement considering Silva’s “antics” in the fight.

While the first round was closely contested, in the second, the Brazilian stood square on with Weidman, his hands down by his side, taunting his opponent to hit him like a used cars Oklahoma City salesman.

Of course this is nothing new from Silva, and we’ve seen this behaviour before—such as during his fight against Demian Maia. In many ways, this is a tactic he employs to get into the head of his opponent, but against Weidman, it left him flat on his back with only the referee standing in between him and a Weidman onslaught.

“Several factors led to the knockout. The tension in the air before the fight, you just want to burst ... it was a series of mistakes... In my career, I’ve always went back to my corner [for advice]... Against Weidman, I went back to argue, and I should have gone back to my corner and calmed down. I didn't do any of that; I lost control.”

As for the taunts and antics in the fight, Silva said that he was merely trying to entice Weidman into a more “fan-friendly” fight.

“Because standing up is much cooler than fighting on the floor," Silva said.

Silva and Weidman are due to fight again for the 185-pound title at UFC 168 scheduled for December 28.

The Brazilian still has 10 fights left on his contract, which he intends to see out.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

That is a boxing match I'd love to watch, Jones vs Jackson.

Do you think Jones would make him look stupid?
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay
    That is a boxing match I'd love to watch, Jones vs Jackson.

Do you think Jones would make him look stupid?
    Unless Jones has gone to complete crap it would be sad to watch. No boxing experience but Jackson never looked all that impressive boxing in MMA.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Unless Jones has gone to complete crap it would be sad to watch. No boxing experience but Jackson never looked all that impressive boxing in MMA.
    I thought his head movement looked good against JJ, not so much attacks tho. I was impressed with how slick he looked against Dan Handerson, but thats a long time ago lol. I just can't see him being on the level Roy Jones is even today now that he is not close to his prime.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I think it ends up closer then we think. RJJ, Jr., is further away from his prime then Rampage is, and RJJ's fall is a little different then Rampages. RJJ's problem was after going HW, he got KO'd a few times and something happened to him there mentally, then physically. He lost his jaw, his speed slowed dramatically and his confidence never recovered. With Rampage, I think it's less that he's gotten worse talent-wise and moreso that the sport has accelerated well beyond his abilities.

Rampage basically treats the Octagon like a boxing ring, which he could get away with 5-10 years ago, but not anymore. I think he can still KO just about anybody if he connects, but no one is dumb enough to stand in front of him and just trade like they used to. He can't deal with kicks and his "wrestling" is only used defensively. I would still favor RJJ to win 8/10 times in a boxing match, but I don't think it would be a man-rape-fest.

I think RJJ vs Rampage in MMA rules wouldn't be any different then if they fought in a boxing ring, cause Rampage only boxes these days either way.
    NSCA - CSCS
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Wow, Rory vs Ellenburger was a snoozefest, so disappointing.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Rory should have to do at least one prelim fight for how boring that was.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Wow, Rory vs Ellenburger was a snoozefest, so disappointing.
    I was just waiting for Ellenburger to pull the trigger the whole fight and nothing happened

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I was just waiting for Ellenburger to pull the trigger the whole fight and nothing happened
    it looked like he just couldn't get past Rory's footwork/jab.
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Dana White unloads on Rory MacDonald for playing it safe

SEATTLE – UFC president Dana White was in no mood to mince words after the much-hyped UFC on FOX 8 welterweight showdown between Rory MacDonald and Jake Ellenberger turned into the most effective sleep aid since Tylenol PM.

"That fight sucked so bad," White told reporters after MacDonald shuffled and jabbed his way to a unanimous decision victory over a non-engaging Ellenberger in Saturday night's co-feature bout at Key Arena.

The bout on network television was supposed to be a showcase in which the next legitimate contender to champion Georges St-Pierre emerged. Ellenberger talked so much trash leading up to the fight – promising to knock MacDonald cold – that the hype eclipsed the main event flyweight title bout between Demetrious Johnson and John Moraga.

Dana White's hopes of pinning Rory MacDonald against GSP may have to wait. (USA Today)

But both Ellenberger, who made his reputation as a heavy hitter, and MacDonald, who picked apart B.J. Penn last December in his last fight, forgot to show up. The bout was drowned out in the jeers of a beery Seattle crowd, and White's Twitter blew up with fans angry the bout hadn't lived up to expectations.

If White had hair on his head, he no doubt would have been pulling it out as he sat cageside while the fiasco unfolded. Afterwards, he directed the bulk of his venom at the 24-year-old MacDonald (15-1), who took a four-fight win streak into the evening and was poised to vault into stardom with another impressive victory.

"Tonight is the night that everyone was excited for," White said. "If you're Rory, and you're that good, and you're that talented, you impose your will on him, and you show the world, not only do I belong in the top five, I should fight Georges St-Pierre. He should have people screaming for him to fight Georges St-Pierre. That's how it all works."

White, of course, was venting the frustrations of a promoter who just watched a potential million-dollar headliner take a big step backwards. A more neutral observer could point out that MacDonald took a clear path to victory when it was it presented. MacDonald shut down all Ellenberger's angles and answered with an effective jab every time the Omaha native came after him, which wasn't very often.

"I did what I was supposed to do," said MacDonald. "I kept up my end. He's a counterpuncher and a very explosive one. I took my opportunities, and he wasn't coming in at the right times and just staying back. He wasn't engaging. I was playing my angles and waiting for my opportunities like I always do. He's a smart fighter. I felt I did the right thing. I think I needed a few more minutes and I would have had the finish."

[UFC on Fox 8: Demetrious Johnson refuses to take easy road against John Moraga]

White, though, was in no mood to hear it, particularly after Johnson followed the MacDonald-Ellenberger bout by showing the world the true definition of a tactical masterpiece in his victory over Moraga.

"Don't come in and say my fight was great, it was tactical and this and that," White said. "And I belong in the top 10 and talk this [expletive] and don't go in there and try to put him away. I don't think he performed, I don't think he did anything. ... I don't think he moves down the ladder, but do you think anyone is screaming to see him fight again?"

Jake Ellenberger's late takedown was one of the few moments in the fight he offered offense. (USA Today)

In Ellenberger's case, there's really no way to sugarcoat it: He blew his big chance. After talking a huge game, Ellenberger, who had scored two Knockout of the Night bonuses and one fight of the night award over the previous two years, didn't show any offense until a takedown in the final minute.
    Where was that over the first 14 minutes of the fight?

"You know, I'm more disappointed in myself," Ellenberger (29-7) said. "It's been, it wasn't my night. I didn't have a good night and I didn't pull the trigger. I'm going to leave it like that."

The channel-clicker of a fight occurred during a period in which White has made a big deal out of wanting to see his fighters go out and earn fight bonuses and promotions up the card, rather than play it safe and win in a boring manner. Instead, MacDonald's fight with Ellenberger turned into a "how not to" case study.
    "You guys want to talk about fighter pay, let's talk about fighter pay," White said. "Everyone on this card, whether it's your first time in the UFC or you're Georges St-Pierre or Anderson Silva, you have the opportunity to make those bonuses. You want more money? [Expletive] right there. Go get the money. Go out there and let people know who you are and have people talking about you tomorrow, you know what I mean?"

While Ellenberger's day as a featured fighter is likely done – in his previous big headline spot, he was finished by Martin Kampmann – MacDonald is a different case. Many headliners have had their one outlier, a lackluster fight on their path to the top.

White just hopes that the perplexing Canadian uses Saturday night's fight as a learning experience.

"Rory's one of the best in the world. He didn't look it tonight. But the fact of the matter is he's one of the best in the world, and this will be a learning experience for him, hopefully. Because you don't want to put on too many performances like that. It's not good for anybody. It's not good for him, it's not good for us, it's not good for the sport. Not good for FOX. Definitely not good for pay-per-view."
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Vitor Belfort's next opponent is Tim Kennedy

In a fight in Brazil...

Tim Kennedy says that he is set to face Vitor Belfort on a UFC show in Belfort's home country of Brazil. Kennedy revealed the news on his Twitter account and though the UFC has not yet made an official announcement, Dana White has said the fight was being put together.

No word on when the show will be; both of the current UFC cards set for Brazil (UFC 163 and UFC Fight Night 28) are full.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Demian Maia-Jake Shields showdown scheduled for October

Two of the welterweight division’s top grapplers will tussle on October 9 in Brazil, as a bout between Demian Maia and Jake Shields has been booked for a yet-to-be-announced UFC event expected to air on FOX Sports 1. In addition to being slick BJJers neither man has ever been tapped, adding another layer of intrigue to the tilt. Combate.com was able to confirm the clash with sources close to the match-up. The city playing host to the show is still unknown at this time. The 18-4 Maia has gone 3-0 since dropping down to 170 pounds after a respectable run at middleweight. He was last seen outpointing Jon Fitch in February, adding to other past victories over Rick Story, Dong Hyun Kim, and Chael Sonnen. Shields is 28-6-1 in his career including success against Carlos Condit, Yushin Okami, and Dan Henderson. Ten of his wins have come by way of submission.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Dana White mocks Viacom's plans RJJ, Jr., Bellator PPV

UFC president Dana White responded to questions about Bellator's plans for a pay-per-view featuring a boxing match between Roy Jones, Jr. and Quinton Jackson at Saturday night's UFC on Fox 8 post-fight media scrum. Here's what he had to say (transcribed by MMA Fighting):

"They have no f--- clue what they're doing. When they're in this business, right, and things are going well, you start grabbing for anything. You have a bunch of guys who don't know anything about fighting at the network. Networks acquire content. They don't become promoters.

"Nobody wants to watch them on free TV," White said. "They're pulling terrible ratings. If they want to get into the pay-per-view business, get ready to lose some money boys. Real money.

"If they want to get Roy Jones, it's going to cost them a ton of money," White said. "And maybe they get it, but at the end of the day, how many buys do you think that fight does? I don't know what kind of deal they're going to come up with with the cable systems, but, they're grabbing for whatever they can get, you know what I mean? I hate to smash these guys because I still like some of the people over there. And there's some of the people I don't like.

"The big problem I have is, they're just copying," White continued. "There's no, they don't have anything original over there. Their reality show is a ripoff of The Voice and The Ultimate Fighter. It's, I can't believe The Voice hasn't sued them yet. They're just reaching, they're grabbing."

White should be very aware of Roy Jones, Jr.'s asking price since he's recently been in discussions with the aging boxer about a possible UFC-promoted boxing match against Anderson Silva.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Vitor Belfort turns down Tim Kennedy bout

According to a report in the Brazilian media, UFC Middleweight Vitor Belfort has declined an offer to fight Tim Kennedy and announced he would only fight at Middleweight if it's for the title.

Brazil's Globo is reporting that UFC Middleweight contender Vitor Belfort refused an offer to fight Tim Kennedy and is insisting he'll only fight at 185 pounds if it is for the title. MMA Junkie translated the comments of Vitor's wife and manager Joana Prado:

"It doesn't make sense that Vitor, who is No. 1 in the rankings, should fight against No. 2, No. 6 or No. 10 in his weight class," Prado said. "His next fight in the middleweight class will be against the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva. If the UFC wishes him to fight in any class above middleweight, we are at their disposal. It can be anyone, Tim Kennedy, even Roy Nelson, but it has to be at 205 pounds or heavyweight - he'll even fight as a heavyweight. Vitor wants to fight, but in his weight class, only if for the belt."

For his part UFC president Dana White thinks Belfort is barking up the wrong tree. From the UFC on Fox 8 post-fight presser, "Vitor, for some insane reason, believes he should get the fight with Weidman or Anderson Silva right now," White said. "He's out of his mind."
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Commissions to consider allowing some knees & kicks to dow

The Association of Boxing Commissions will consider a revision of the unified rules of mixed martial arts that would give referees the discretion to allow knees and kicks to the head of a downed opponent if the ref believes that opponent is trying to draw a foul.

Demetrious Johnson might just have the last laugh over his UFC on Fox 6 opponent John Dodson who deliberately put his hand on the mat to draw a foul when Johnson kneed him in the head.

That is if three of the most influential athletic commission heads in the U.S. get their way at the 2013 annual meeting of the Association of Boxing Commissions (ABC). Nick Lembo of New Jersey, Keith Kizer of Nevada and Bernie Profato of Ohio have submitted the following rules change (via MMA Fighting):

"Referees should instruct the fighters that they may still be considered a standing fighter even if they have a finger or portion of the hand (or entire hand) on the canvas. In the discretion of the referee, a fighter who has a finger or hand on the canvas may still be legally struck in the head with knees and kicks. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is placing his or her finger or hand down without doing so for an offensive or countering maneuver in an attempt to advance or improve their position. The referee may decide that the downed fighter is instead simply trying to draw a foul. If the referee decides that the fighter is "touching down" simply to benefit from a foul, the referee may consider that fighter a standing fighter and decide that no foul has occurred."

Additionally the referee would have the option of warning or deducting a point from the offending fighter.
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

BJJ Scout's Phenomenal Breakdown of Ronda Rousey's Judo

BJJ Scout: Ronda Rousey Takedown Study - Judo in MMA - YouTubeIt doesn't want to embed for some reason.
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

MacDonald: “Another 30 seconds and I could have finished t

UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald didn’t win over any new fans last night with his effective but passive approach to opponent Jake Ellenberger at UFC on FOX 8. However, don’t expect MacDonald to hang his head low based on boos he drew from fans in attendance or criticism unleashed on the internet. Rather, the 24-year old was happy with his performance because it was ultimately a winning one.

“I did everything I had to do. I don’t really make a game plan. I react to what I see. Tonight I saw a power puncher who I kept on the outside with the jab and he wouldn’t engage me,” said MacDonald in an interview with Fuel TV after the event. “At the end of the fight I got him on his back, which was a dangerous position. Another 30 seconds and I could have finished the fight.”

With the win – his fifth straight – the 15-1 fighter likely positioned himself for a title-shot in the immediate future. That being said, MacDonald went on to dismiss recent comments from UFC President Dana White assuring the public “Ares” would swallow his personal admiration for friend/mentor Georges St-Pierre if necessary to earn divisional gold.

“I won’t fight Georges. We’ll come to an alternative if it comes to it. I want the belt by the time I’m 25. But I don’t want to fight Georges,” MacDonald stated firmly. “I’d like to fight a Top 10 or a Top 5 fighter. I’d like to fight Carlos Condit again.”

MacDonald and Condit were expected to meet earlier this year before an injury laid the bout to waste. The two met in 2010 where “The Natural Born Killer” pulled out a last-second strike-based stoppage to avoid a likely decision loss to the talented youngster.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

“I did everything I had to do. I don’t really make a game plan. I react to what I see. Tonight I saw a power puncher who I kept on the outside with the jab and he wouldn’t engage me,” said MacDonald in an interview with Fuel TV after the event. “At the end of the fight I got him on his back, which was a dangerous position. Another 30 seconds and I could have finished the fight.”

With the win – his fifth straight – the 15-1 fighter likely positioned himself for a title-shot in the immediate future. That being said, MacDonald went on to dismiss recent comments from UFC President Dana White assuring the public “Ares” would swallow his personal admiration for friend/mentor Georges St-Pierre if necessary to earn divisional gold.
    Didn't Jake take Rory down and pound on him at the end of the 3rd?....

27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That's what I remember. Maybe Rory was hit harder then we think.
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

That's what I remember. Maybe Rory was hit harder then we think.

lol, maybe it was Jake that said the interview and they put Rory lol

29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

I just listened to a couple interviews with Rory and he did say that, he makes it sound like he couple have submited Jake....

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I just listened to a couple interviews with Rory and he did say that, he makes it sound like he couple have submited Jake....
    Jake took him down and was on top right? Am I missing something?
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM