Athletix Sports Daily MMA News

Page 119 of 148 First ... 114117118119120121124 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Yeah that is a crazy change!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Mark Munoz is my hero, wtf. That's like old school fake Hydroxycut ads style, except legit. He's got signs of a Christmas tree in the lower back, you have to be damn lean and muscular to pull that off.
    Geez he can do transformations like crazy. I remember when I first saw him in the UFC. Each fight he got leaner and more in shape. To see that change again is crazy.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

You think he did that naturally? I mean, that's pretty fat to pretty ripped in just 5 months. That's like professional pre-contest style cutting, and it's not like he just went starvation and cardio crazy and got straight skinny, he's got a legit muscular build. I have no qualms if he did or didn't use hot sauce, I'm just wondering if it's possible to achieve 260 fat @$$ to 199 ripped in 5 months naturally. 199 ripped is a decent sized dude.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Anderson Silva: I don't think I can defeat Jon Jones

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, considered by many the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all-time, doesn't like his chances in a potential superfight with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

Speaking in English without a translator at a Monday media luncheon, Silva was asked his opinion of Jones, one of two fighters often named as potential superfight opponents for Silva, along with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

"Jon Jones, in his class, is the best, Silva said. "If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win."

Silva, who puts his UFC record 16-fight win streak on the line when he meets Chris Weidman in the main event of Saturday's UFC 162 in Las Vegas, was asked by MMAFighting why he feels as he does. Silva said that it comes down to seeing a little bit of his younger self.

"Jon Jones is different," Silva said. "He's large. He's young. But, in the fight, I see in Jon Jones, I see myself from a long time ago. He's very smart."

Asked in what ways he might have advantages over Jones if such a fight were to take place, Silva (33-4) gave himself the edge in experience and not much else.

"I don't know," Silva said. "In my opinion, Spider has more experience than Jon Jones, but that's the only advantage."
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

You think he did that naturally? I mean, that's pretty fat to pretty ripped in just 5 months. That's like professional pre-contest style cutting, and it's not like he just went starvation and cardio crazy and got straight skinny, he's got a legit muscular build. I have no qualms if he did or didn't use hot sauce, I'm just wondering if it's possible to achieve 260 fat @$$ to 199 ripped in 5 months naturally. 199 ripped is a decent sized dude.
    I'm not sure, I know some people with just crazy genetics, I think it's possible but who knows.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez added to UFC 166

Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez added to UFC 166 in Houston
    by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 04, 2013 at 9:10 pm ET

In an intriguing lightweight matchup, former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez (21-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) meets "The Ultimate Fighter 1" winner Diego Sanchez (24-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) at October's UFC 166 event in Houston.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) in June first reported the likely pairing.

UFC officials today announced the booking while also confirming a previously reported matchup of Hector Lombard (32-4-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) vs. Nate Marquardt (32-12-2 MMA, 10-5 UFC).

Featuring a heavyweight trilogy fight between current champ Cain Velasquez and former titleholder Junior dos Santos, UFC 166 takes place Oct. 19 at Houston's Toyota Center. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

Both fights are likely main-card candidates, but UFC officials have yet to reveal their position on the lineup.

Melendez returns to the octagon after suffering a split-decision loss to Benson Henderson in a failed bid for the UFC lightweight title. The 11-year veteran has long been considered one of the best 155-pounders in the world, and the narrow loss was his first defeat in almost five years.

Meanwhile, Sanchez looks to build on the strength of a split-decision win over MMA legend Takanori Gomi at March's UFC on FUEL TV 8 event in Japan. For that fight, Sanchez dropped to lightweight after a four-fight run at 170 pounds, but he failed to make weight after registering 158 pounds. Still, the win pushed him to 3-1 in his past four fights.

Since his reign in Bellator as the organization's middleweight champion, Lombard has experienced mixed results in the UFC. The Cuban-Australian and Olympic judoko is just 1-2 in the octagon with split-decision losses to Tim Boetsch and Yushin Okami, and a first-round knockout of Rousimar Palhares. Prior to joining the UFC, the 35-year-old has posted a 25-fight unbeaten streak. Lombard, who's ranked No. 12 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA middleweight rankings, now heads to welterweight.

He meets Marquardt, a former Strikeforce champion who returned to the UFC in March. However, Marquardt, who also unsuccessfully vied for the UFC middleweight title in 2007, suffered a knockout loss to Jake Ellenberger at UFC 158. It marked the first back-to-back losses of his career, which included a Strikeforce title loss to Tarec Saffiedine in January.

With the additions to the card, UFC 166 now includes:
    Champ Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos - for heavyweight title
    Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
    Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Fabricio Werdum seeking fight with Daniel Cormier

Kelvin Kuo-USA TODAY Sports
    UFC heavyweight Daniel Cormier wanted another challenge before dropping down to 205 pounds and, if Fabricio Werdum has his way, the unbeaten grappler will get his wish. Though nothing official has been announced, UFC President Dana White recently confirmed Werdum had contacted him calling for a clash with Cormier.

“Werdum was in my office two days ago,” said White to media members at a pre-event press conference attached to UFC 162. “That’s who he wants to fight, but we’ll see what happens.”

No potential date/location were linked to the likely match-up.

The 17-5-1 Werdum, who would almost certainly earn a title-shot if victorious against Cormier, is on a three-fight winning streak including wins over Roy Nelson and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. He also holds past victories against Antonio Silva, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Fedor Emelianenko.

Cormier made his successful UFC debut in April when he outpointed former champion Frank Mir. He holds an overall record of 12-0 with eight stoppages.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

WOw, wow and wow, if you watched last night's UFC.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

WOw, wow and wow, if you watched last night's UFC.
    Heard about the main fight. Hilarious. Silva is no longer living in the Matrix.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Heard about the main fight. Hilarious. Silva is no longer living in the Matrix.
    I'm no Anderson Silva fan, I was certainly rooting for Weidman, but I think Anderson wins 9/10 times if he isn't show boating. The Matrix had an ego glitch.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

ahaha that was so awesome!!!

I've been waiting for this day since he first smashed Rich Franklins nose lol

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311

I'm no Anderson Silva fan, I was certainly rooting for Weidman, but I think Anderson wins 9/10 times if he isn't show boating. The Matrix had an ego glitch.
    Seems like that is just how he fights now. Might be hard for him to fight when he is no longer quick enough to dodge a wrench haha.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I watched with my GF's parents and for the first time I was hoping for a dynamic finish on the part of Silva. I hyped him up so f'ing much and he gets dropped after clowning.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    I watched with my GF's parents and for the first time I was hoping for a dynamic finish on the part of Silva. I hyped him up so f'ing much and he gets dropped after clowning.
    He did his Neo impression at full force until the KO. It was still pretty impressive until he got caught.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Seems like that is just how he fights now. Might be hard for him to fight when he is no longer quick enough to dodge a wrench haha.
    It's hard to speculate whether he's really slowed down. From what I read, Weidmen was preparing for Anderson to do his Matrix routine and was somewhat aware of his swaying left, right, left, right, down, and that flick jab was intentionally placed to have Andy swerve into a left hook. Who knows. I still think Andy wins 9/10 if he keeps his hands up and is all business.
    NSCA - CSCS
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    ahaha that was so awesome!!!

I've been waiting for this day since he first smashed Rich Franklins nose lol
    I know. I damn near shat myself. Between GSP, JBJ and Anderson, Anderson was the last person I expected to go down. I was in total shock.
    NSCA - CSCS
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nick Diaz - Possible return?

Diaz recently took to Instagram—the one social network he seems to love to stay active and posting on—to reveal that he had broken up with his girlfriend and was looking for a fight now.

UFC president Dana White said he's more than happy to get Diaz a bout if he's serious about returning. Diaz is still under a deal with the UFC, and despite his earlier proclamations about retirement, it doesn't seem the promotion went ahead and ripped up his deal.

"He said broke up with his girlfriend, wants to fight, Dana get me a fight," White said about Diaz's message to him on Instagram. "Nick Diaz is under contract with the UFC, whenever Nick Diaz wants a fight, I'd be more than happy to get him a fight."
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Meisha Tate's nude photo for ESPN's body issue

Name:  miesha-tate-nude-ESPN-body-issue-2013.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  38.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

UFC 162 Salaries

Before UFC 162, the news was released that Anderson Silva had the opportunity to earn some $800,000 in disclosed pay for his title defense against Chris Weidman, while Weidman was set to make 24k to show and 24k to win. Those were the only salaries released at the time, but the full card salaries have been sent out by the Nevada State Athletic Commission now. Silva got $600,000 to show and would have got another $200,000 to win. Here's a full rundown of how everyone did:

Chris Weidman $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus)
    Anderson Silva $600,000

Frankie Edgar $240,000 ($120,000 win bonus)
    Charles Oliveira $21,000

Tim Kennedy $90,000 ($30,000 win bonus)
    Roger Gracie $50,000

Cub Swanson $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
    Dennis Siver $33,000

Mark Munoz $84,000 ($42,000 win bonus)
    Tim Boetsch $37,000

Andrew Craig $24,000 ($12,000 win bonus)
    Chris Leben $51,000

Norman Parke $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus)
    Kazuki Tokudome $8,000

Gabriel Gonzaga $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
    Dave Herman $23,000

Edson Barboza $46,000 ($23,000 win bonus)
    Rafaello Oliveira $14,000

Brian Melancon $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
    Seth Baczynski $16,000

Mike Pierce $56,000 ($28,000 win bonus)
    David Mitchell $10,000

Five men also took home performance bonuses. Frankie Edgar, Charles Oliveira, Cub Swanson, and Dennis Siver all received $50,000 fight of the night bonuses, while Chris Weidman got $50,000 for knockout of the night. There were no submissions on the card.
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Who has the better ESPN body issue? Miesha or Rhonda?
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Dana White confirms Weidman vs Silva II

It was a rough night for Anderson Silva at UFC 162.

The longest reigning champion in UFC history lost his title in dramatic fashion after dropping his hands and daring opponent Chris Weidman to hit him.

Weidman took full advantage and uncorked two left hands—one that wobbled Silva and one that knocked him out.

Now Silva sits without a title for the first time in his UFC career since he debuted in a non-title fight back in 2006. Following the loss, Silva said that he was moving past title fights and didn't have much interest in a second fight with Weidman.

UFC president Dana White isn't buying Silva's statement long term.

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Spor
    He believes once Silva goes home, re-watches the fight and feels the sting of the defeat, he'll be burning to get back in the cage with Weidman a second time.

"Nobody wants to lose. He doesn't know how to lose, he doesn't remember how to lose, it's been too long since he lost. This one's going to sink in a couple days after," White explained after UFC 162 concluded. "Like I said, the first thing I hear when we walk in is somebody thinks it's a fix and all the stupid s*** that people are going to say will start to drive somebody crazy.

"Everybody knows, I know, everybody knows he's going to want the rematch."

With this event still fresh, White didn't want to lock down a timeline for a second fight between Weidman and Silva, but he has a few ideas. The first one off the top of his head involves a major show headed to New Jersey on Feb. 1, 2014, as part of Super Bowl XLVIII weekend.

The UFC is planning a major pay-per-view event for that night that will work in coordination with their broadcast partners at Fox who will air the Super Bowl on the next night from MetLife Stadium in New Jersey.

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Spor
    White thinks a rematch between Weidman and Silva would be the perfect main event for their show that will take place at the Prudential Center one night before the Super Bowl.

"How about Super Bowl Saturday in New Jersey?" White asked. "Just thinking off the top of my head here."

As much as Silva protested on Saturday night, White is positive the rematch will happen, it just may take the former middleweight king a little time to realize what he wants exactly. Every fighter reacts to a loss differently, so White expects Silva to take some time off, and even if it takes him a few months, he's sure he will come around and want the rematch.

As far as the rest of the middleweight division goes, White says they are going to have to wait until Weidman vs. Silva II happens.

Current top-five middleweight contender Vitor Belfort immediately took to Twitter after the Silva vs. Weidman fight ended, asking for the first shot at the new champion.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter much what Belfort wants or how he asks for it because White says it's not going to happen.

"Anderson Silva has gone undefeated since 2006, has beat everybody and held the title. He deserves the rematch. Chris Weidman said that before he even fought him. Vitor's just going to have to wait, he's not getting the rematch," White said.

"He can text, he can tweet, he can write f***ing letters, he can call his congressman, he can do whatever he wants to do. He's going to have to wait. Anderson Silva's getting the rematch."
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Penn Responds to Anderson Silva's Loss to Chris Weidman

NSCA - CSCS
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Damn I'm thinking Miesha looks better, Ronda has a bit too much muscle for my taste, still looks hot but I would prefer Miesha lol

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311
    Haven't seen the pics(mobile) but my guess is Miesha. She just seems to really look good. Rhonda cleans up well but I think Miesha takes it.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Miesha does have a more feminine body. Rhonda looks good when she's really leaned out though, but I think a fight weight Gina Carano is still my favorite.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Bellator Title Challenger Maiquel Falcao Involved in Brawl

NSCA - CSCS
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

That $hit was viscious!
    NSCA - CSCS
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Who was getting pummeled there in the end?
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Who was getting pummeled there in the end?
    From the looks of it that was Maiquel Falcao. Looking at the clothes it looks like him. Plus the guy who used the weapon was the guy he squared off with in the store.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    From the looks of it that was Maiquel Falcao. Looking at the clothes it looks like him. Plus the guy who used the weapon was the guy he squared off with in the store.
    I figured. Pretty manly of him. And the guy in the white shirt... he gave it to him. Pretty easy to already beat on an already unconscious man.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Athletix Sports Logs!
    By JudgementDay in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. Athletix Sports ;) GET IN HERE and WIN some FORMULA-X!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
  3. Athletix Sports is looking for a new rep
    By Athletix in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Welcome Athletix Sports to AM!!!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM