Iron in Complete Balance

  1. Iron in Complete Balance


    thats not too high?

    i know many multis dont even put iron in the profile.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
    thats not too high?

    i know many multis dont even put iron in the profile.
    No, it's not too high. Although the RDI for adult men and women is 8-18mg/day (18mg/day for females aged 19-50 years; 8mg/day for men aged 19-70+ and females over 50 years) (FNB:IOB, 2001), the upper intake of Iron for men and women aged 19-50 years old is 45 mg/day (Frykman, Bystron, Jansson, Edberg & Hansen, 1994) before it starts becoming toxic.

    Absorption of iron is ~18% from a mixed western diet and only ~10% from a vegetarian diet, so vegetarians' iron intakes need to be 80% higher than non-vegetarians (NHMRC, 2005).

    The above is true of Australia and New Zealand; it may be different in the US.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  3. i remember when i was in my teens i was quite anemic. Doctor gave me some iron pills, turned my poop really dark lol..

    Glad i don't have that problem anymore. Did have a customer say to me a couple weeks back that i was looking pale and that i was anemic. She told me to eat more lol...
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    i remember when i was in my teens i was quite anemic. Doctor gave me some iron pills, turned my poop really dark lol..

    Glad i don't have that problem anymore. Did have a customer say to me a couple weeks back that i was looking pale and that i was anemic. She told me to eat more lol...
    Just because you "look pale" does not mean that you are anaemic.

    Also, there are different types of anaemia and NOT all of them you "treat" by giving iron supplementation. The ONLY anaemia you treat with iron is iron deficiency anaemia. If you do it with any of the others you can cause an iron toxicity in the body, which can be fatal.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Just because you "look pale" does not mean that you are anaemic.

    Also, there are different types of anaemia and NOT all of them you "treat" by giving iron supplementation. The ONLY anaemia you treat with iron is iron deficiency anaemia. If you do it with any of the others you can cause an iron toxicity in the body, which can be fatal.


    ~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    I kept telling her i was naturally pale lol.

    it was an iron deficiency i had but that was when i was 15/16, last time i got my bloods checked which was earlier this year everything was fine
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. need balance
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 12:34 AM
  2. Ibe Neuro Balance
    By heater1289 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 07:56 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 12:31 AM
  4. Balance
    By christopher in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
  5. Iron they closed the Iron forum at animal's :(
    By RaulJimenez in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Log in
Log in