1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

IGF-2 bottle, possibly gone bad?

I have had a half used bottle of IGF-2 laying around forever, randomly doing a check of my supps I shook an IGF-2 pill only to hear it, rattle... Put 2 in your hand shake em and it sounds like dice!

Popped em apart and inside was just a long brown solid turd...resembling mr. hanky very closely.

Is it bad? The expiration date has not come, but I still wonder about them at this point >.> they are over a year old.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    I have had a half used bottle of IGF-2 laying around forever, randomly doing a check of my supps I shook an IGF-2 pill only to hear it, rattle... Put 2 in your hand shake em and it sounds like dice!

Popped em apart and inside was just a long brown solid turd...resembling mr. hanky very closely.

Is it bad? The expiration date has not come, but I still wonder about them at this point >.> they are over a year old.
    Have they been kept in either cold or heat? I have not experienced this, even with stock that I have used that is older. Does this happen with more than one capsule?

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.59%

keep in mind his bottle was 1/2 used which means it was opened and air was getting
    into it. I never open any bottles until the day I plan on using them.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Have they been kept in either cold or heat? I have not experienced this, even with stock that I have used that is older. Does this happen with more than one capsule?

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    from what I can tell its all of em. They just been stored in my room is all. Should not have been any crazy heat or cold. And yeah it was open, but hey I will throw in some pics in the marrow so you can see what I mean. It looks really crazy, its like they turned into tabs inside the caps...just some super fugly tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by vector18 View Post
    keep in mind his bottle was 1/2 used which means it was opened and air was getting
    into it. I never open any bottles until the day I plan on using them.
    I do the same, I only open to use. Thing is it was just leftovers from a long time ago.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

from what I can tell its all of em. They just been stored in my room is all. Should not have been any crazy heat or cold. And yeah it was open, but hey I will throw in some pics in the marrow so you can see what I mean. It looks really crazy, its like they turned into tabs inside the caps...just some super fugly tabs.
    Contact either Don (aka donorrell) or Dirk (aka rms80) and they should be able to tell you what it is and sort the issue out for you.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I do the same, I only open to use. Thing is it was just leftovers from a long time ago.
    It is still good to go- the powder is very hygroscopic and will soak up any ambient moisture, and with time, the powder can harden some inside of the capsules. I have run disintegraton tests on IGF-2 with this issue, and all of the capsules and their contents dissolve normally within 15 minutes, almost exactly the same amount of time that the normal product takes.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    It is still good to go- the powder is very hygroscopic and will soak up any ambient moisture, and with time, the powder can harden some inside of the capsules. I have run disintegraton tests on IGF-2 with this issue, and all of the capsules and their contents dissolve normally within 15 minutes, almost exactly the same amount of time that the normal product takes.....
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.27%

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Awesome to know! So I can take em still, and enjoy some deep sleep and recovery then. As well as the circus every mornin.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Awesome to know! So I can take em still, and enjoy some deep sleep and recovery then. As well as the circus every mornin.
    Yes you can. No problems there bud, your all good to go.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
  3. Diesel Test Hardcore: White bottle vs. Red bottle
    By ReaperX in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 02:26 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
  5. Replies: 2