1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.92%

Cortisol levels

Hey AppNut folks-

Which of the AppNut products deals with cortisol levels for PCT? I know it's been mentioned, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by KDLMaj View Post
    Hey AppNut folks-

Which of the AppNut products deals with cortisol levels for PCT? I know it's been mentioned, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
    OsteoSport.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.92%

Thanks Rosie!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.45%

hi rosie, why is it that cortisol levels are higher during PCT?
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mark118 View Post
    hi rosie, why is it that cortisol levels are higher during PCT?
    Cortisol levels rise dramatically during a cycle, the body's way of trying to maintain a homeostatic mechanism over the new muscle growth; this is why the best gains will usually be experienced from weeks 2 until weeks 5-6. After weeks 5-6 gains slow to a crawl, because they are mostly due to cortisol antagonism by androgens (anti-catabolic mechanism) rather than conventional anabolism. Cortisol levels start low, and then rise slowly to meet higher androgen levels. This can be mitigated by either increasing the dosage, cycling off, or using something that blocks cortisol (real drugs, which is definitely NOT recommended). Food can also keep cortisol levels lower, as insulin blunts cortisol; this is why dieting or cutting calories post-cycle is a bad idea.

When a person stops whatever exogenous androgen they are on their androgen levels will plunge and cortisol levels will remain elevated during PCT. As long as this ratio is out-of-whack, they will be in a catabolic state and losing muscle mass. DHEA can help will this (as well as cissus and B6) because when cortisol levels are high DHEA can compete with the same receptor sites. It may not necessarily be the most anabolic thing in the world, but it is not catabolic, and by competing with cortisol, you can keep at least some of it from binding while androgen levels return to normal. Cytokine levels also rise sharply during a cycle along with cortisol levels, and cytokines are VERY catabolic. DHEA, B6, and cissus each lower cytokine levels, and can be very helpful in this regard. Lot of different inter-related things go into PCT, not just testosterone and estrogen.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    OsteoSport.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    What She said, and from first hand expericence Osteosport is really potent and fantastic for cortisol control.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Cortisol levels rise dramatically during a cycle, the body's way of trying to maintain a homeostatic mechanism over the new muscle growth; this is why the best gains will usually be experienced from weeks 2 until weeks 5-6. After weeks 5-6 gains slow to a crawl, because they are mostly due to cortisol antagonism by androgens (anti-catabolic mechanism) rather than conventional anabolism. Cortisol levels start low, and then rise slowly to meet higher androgen levels. This can be mitigated by either increasing the dosage, cycling off, or using something that blocks cortisol (real drugs, which is definitely NOT recommended). Food can also keep cortisol levels lower, as insulin blunts cortisol; this is why dieting or cutting calories post-cycle is a bad idea.

When a person stops whatever exogenous androgen they are on their androgen levels will plunge and cortisol levels will remain elevated during PCT. As long as this ratio is out-of-whack, they will be in a catabolic state and losing muscle mass. DHEA can help will this (as well as cissus and B6) because when cortisol levels are high DHEA can compete with the same receptor sites. It may not necessarily be the most anabolic thing in the world, but it is not catabolic, and by competing with cortisol, you can keep at least some of it from binding while androgen levels return to normal. Cytokine levels also rise sharply during a cycle along with cortisol levels, and cytokines are VERY catabolic. DHEA, B6, and cissus each lower cytokine levels, and can be very helpful in this regard. Lot of different inter-related things go into PCT, not just testosterone and estrogen.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    So with the rise in cortisol during the "on cycle", would it be prudent to take a product such as OsteoSport mid cycle and then run through pct?
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Quote Originally Posted by js2sbr View Post
    So with the rise in cortisol during the "on cycle", would it be prudent to take a product such as OsteoSport mid cycle and then run through pct?
    I would recommend using a product such as OsteoSport on-cycle AS WELL as during PCT.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.92%

Any suggestions on B6 and cissis dosages? What about DHEA?

Also, does lipo pm deal with any of this stuff?

Finally- if we didn't do volume training during cycle, and we normally do 4 sets per exercise (one warmup and 3 at weight), how should PCT training look? Right now, I'm doing 3 sets and increasing the weight with fewer reps (seting it to hit rep fail at 7 or 8 reps). I was also at 3 on/1 off during cycle for an hour to 75 min. Should I reduce to 2 on/1 off and 45 min with the increased weight/fewer reps?

Basically, how do I train to maintain but not elevate cortisol levels further?
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hey AppNut folks-

Thanks!
    Rosie pretty much covered it.....

Since you are in the EU- you have access to Alpha-X- it is awesome for cortisol control, and Osteo-Sport does a pretty good job as well- both are great anti-catabolics- kind of an off-label use, but controlling cortisol is one of the most important things in PCT
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Any suggestions on B6 and cissis dosages? What about DHEA?

Also, does lipo pm deal with any of this stuff?

Finally- if we didn't do volume training during cycle, and we normally do 4 sets per exercise (one warmup and 3 at weight), how should PCT training look? Right now, I'm doing 3 sets and increasing the weight with fewer reps (seting it to hit rep fail at 7 or 8 reps). I was also at 3 on/1 off during cycle for an hour to 75 min. Should I reduce to 2 on/1 off and 45 min with the increased weight/fewer reps?

Basically, how do I train to maintain but not elevate cortisol levels further?
    Dosage:
    Cissus - 1000 mg/day (of 50% extract)

As for DHEA, if you used a product such as Lean Xtreme that contains 7-oxo DHEA, this would aid in cortisol control (and Lean Xtreme is the best cortisol control product available, IMO).

Lipotrophin-PM does not deal with cortisol control, no. It is designed more for better sleep, fat loss, and controlling appetite.

I would just keep training as you are during PCT (except that I would recommend that you make your sessions only 45 minutes instead of 75 minutes).

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  166 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.92%

Thanks Rosie, much obliged. I picked up Lean Xtreme ( just arrived today) based on your previous feedback, and I'll pick up some Cissus today.
  13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

Thanks Rosie, much obliged. I picked up Lean Xtreme ( just arrived today) based on your previous feedback, and I'll pick up some Cissus today.
    No worries

(I did do a review on Lean Xtreme - Rosie's Review of Designer Supplements' Lean Xtreme - but that was the original version by Designer Supplements last year).

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
  2. Good product for Cortisol levels?
    By KDLMaj in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 01:03 AM
  3. cortisol levels
    By bigironkiller in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:13 PM
  4. What are optimal levels of serum Cortisol?
    By Jawohl in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 02:11 PM