osteosport for dogs

  1. Advanced Member
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    51.3%

    osteosport for dogs


    I recall the osteobolin for dogs thread. My dog has severe hip displaysia and is living on borrowed time. He has been on glycoflex III for years, and its reasonable to say that its probably why he has made it this long (he definitely saw improvement and is beyond the timeframe the vet gave him).

    Well he has gotten worse this winter, and I'm strongly considering switching him to osteosport.

    ingredients in glyco flex:
    Glyco-Flex III contains Perna canaliculus, Glucosamine HCl, Dimethylglycine, Methylsulfonylmethane, Manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, Grape Seed Extract, and Glutathione. It is the most complete joint formula providing factors necessary for joint restoration, as well as added Methylsulfonylmethane for maximum comfort during recovery.

    It is part of the Vetri-Science® stage of life program. STAGE 3, RESTORE, for maximum support for joint dysfunction. Glyco-Flex III helps support healthy and pain-free joints. Protect your dog's joints, pick some up today.
    I never heard of perna canaliculus, so I'll post a quick blurb here as well

    Perna Canaliculus

    Perna Canaliculus, also known as the green-lipped mussel, is an edible shellfish found off the shores of New Zealand. Perna Canaliculus has been a food supplement in the United States since 1975 and has been a continuous part of the New Zealand diet. Perna Canaliculus contains a natural mineral balance that is beneficial to good health. It is made up of protein, carbohydrates, glycosaminoglycans, lipids, minerals, and water. An important constituent ofthe green-lipped mussle is glucosamine, a precursor to GAG and a building block of cartilage. Perna Canaliculus has been used for arthritis and joint diseases. It also contains natural agents that help with pain, swelling and inflammation, particulary as related to arthritis, and improve joint mobility


    So what do the AN reps think for this application, switching him to osteosport?

  2. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241542
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I recall the osteobolin for dogs thread. My dog has severe hip displaysia and is living on borrowed time. He has been on glycoflex III for years, and its reasonable to say that its probably why he has made it this long (he definitely saw improvement and is beyond the timeframe the vet gave him).

    Well he has gotten worse this winter, and I'm strongly considering switching him to osteosport.



    I never heard of perna canaliculus, so I'll post a quick blurb here as well




    So what do the AN reps think for this application, switching him to osteosport?
    I have two american bulldogs that I love dearly- and I give them osteo-sport, Complete Balance (our multi-vitamin) and Omega Essentials, our fish oil product that is about to release- keeps their coat looking really shiny- but they are not really old enough to have joint issues- so I can't tell how much it is helping in this capacity....

    I can tell you I have given Osteo Sport to my aunt's Newfoundland (Kong- he weighs 240 lbs.)- he had a lot of hip displasia issues, and they really seem to help him quite a bit- he is actually back to running now- something he hasn't done in 5-6 years
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  3. Senior Member
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,290
    Rep Power
    15980
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    39.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    damn 240lbs, is that mini horse?
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    51.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I have two american bulldogs that I love dearly- and I give them osteo-sport, Complete Balance (our multi-vitamin) and Omega Essentials, our fish oil product that is about to release- keeps their coat looking really shiny- but they are not really old enough to have joint issues- so I can't tell how much it is helping in this capacity....

    I can tell you I have given Osteo Sport to my aunt's Newfoundland (Kong- he weighs 240 lbs.)- he had a lot of hip displasia issues, and they really seem to help him quite a bit- he is actually back to running now- something he hasn't done in 5-6 years
    thanks for the feedback. I ordered it tonight


    wish him luck, he needs it.
  5. Senior Member
    phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,257
    Rep Power
    43102
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    12.49%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Best wishes man.I'm in the same boat with my dog, and just ordered a bottle myslef for him.What dosing would you recommend for a 90lb dog?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,186
    Rep Power
    493835
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Best wishes man.I'm in the same boat with my dog, and just ordered a bottle myslef for him.What dosing would you recommend for a 90lb dog?
    Try 3 caps once daily, first thing in the morning. (Note: you may want to uncap it and put it in with their food).

    Dirk, feel free to jump in here, for any further recommendations, since you're the expert on this
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Senior Member
    SamBoz19's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,691
    Rep Power
    35302
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    63.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Try 3 caps once daily, first thing in the morning. (Note: you may want to uncap it and put it in with their food).

    Dirk, feel free to jump in here, for any further recommendations, since you're the expert on this
    Um yeah...Dirk...this is all you! LOL! . My expertise is on the human side of things...

    Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  8. Advanced Member
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    509
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    51.3%

    My wife took our dog to the vet yesterday. The vet recommended we put him on Hyaluronic acid. I told her he already was, as it was in the new supplement we were giving him


    He also has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, so he probably doesn't have long, but we will keep up hope.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Osteosport or Super Cissus??
    By JudoJosh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 10:44 AM
  2. Animal Flex or Osteosport?? Can't decide.
    By planetfuzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
  3. Applied Nutriceuticals Osteosport is now available!
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 07:54 PM
  4. Men are Dogs...or are they?
    By Irish Cannon in forum General Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 03:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in