Osteo-Sport FAQ

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Osteo-Sport FAQ

Q: How long will it take to feel the positive benefits of Osteo-Sport?

A: If taken at the recommended dosage, you should feel some reduction of joint and tendon pain within a few days. In order to experience the full healing and repair effects of the compound, 2-3 weeks of usage is often necessary. Long term users report continuous improvement over time.

Q: What makes Osteo-Sport different than other bone and joint health products?

A: Osteo-Sport employs a completely different approach to joint support. Rather than focusing solely on the long term healing benefits of glucosamine and chondroitin, Osteo-Sport combines short, intermediate, and long-acting factors that have been scientifically proven to aide in joint tissue repair while also cushioning, lubricating and reducing inflammation quickly. The result is faster, more complete relief than any other product has delivered before.

Q: I’m not an athlete but still need a joint support product. Will Osteo-Sport work for me?

A: Absolutely. Athletes put greater stress and demands on their joints, tendons, and muscles, so many times traditional products don’t deliver adequate relief. Osteo-Sport’s multi-angle approach provides benefits to more different types of joint-related issues than any other product so not only will it work for less active people, it will work better than what they’ve been taking in the past.

Q: Has there been any scientific research on the healing potential of Osteo-Sport?

A: There are dozens if not hundreds of studies on the constituents in Osteo-Sport that provide conclusive evidence of their effectiveness. Many of these are cited and referenced in the Osteo-Sport technical write-up found on this web site.

Back to to
    Q: Is it safe to use Osteo-Sport for long periods of time, or should I cycle it?

A: Osteo-Sport is very safe and can be taken continuously for both new and old injuries. It also serves as a great preventative supplement, as it helps keep connective tissue healthy and less prone to injury.

Q:Why is vitamin C necessary in the formula?

A: Vitamin C is an important part of the Osteo-Sport formula, because it converts proline to hydroxyproline, the main substance needed for the formation of collagen which is what aids in the natural development of tissue remodeling.

Q: Who can benefit from taking Osteo-Sport?

A: This product is useful for any male or female over the age of 18 and who is had or currently has bone, tendon, or joint issues. It also can safely be used by anyone who is simply looking to maintain good connective tissue health. Virtually everyone can benefit from this product.

Q: What supplements do you recommend while taking Osteo-Sport to maximize results?

A: We recommend whey protein supplementation, with a goal of attaining 1-1.5 grams of protein per day per pound of bodyweight. Additionally, we strongly encourage the use of an essential fatty acid product with omega 3/6/9 and a good multivitamin with minerals.
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.65%

write up

Osteo-Sport™

Joint-Glide™ Mobility Complex:

* Cetylmyristoleate (CMO) is a substance similar to fatty acids that has been shown to aid in joint lubrication and mobility, and has also been shown to have some marked anti-inflammatory properties.
    * Bromelain is an enzyme derived from pineapples that works by blocking harmful metabolites such as leukotrienes and neutrophils that accelerate and worsen the inflammatory process. Bromelain has been successfully used to alleviate pain and inflammation resulting from sports injuries, trauma, arthritis, and other kinds of swelling.
    * Hyaluronic Acid is naturally occurring substance used to treat pain and mobility issues in the joints, and is believed to increase the viscosity of joint fluid (synovial fluid); hence lubricating and cushioning the joint and producing an analgesic effect.
    * Bioperine® is a pure form of piperine that is derived from the black pepper that promotes nutrient absorption by interacting with the surface of the intestinal tract. The use of Bioperine greatly enhances the effectiveness of the other compounds in Osteo-Sport by slowing their absorption for more consistent, complete utilization.

CQC² Joint Regeneration Matrix™

* Cissus Quadrangularis is an Ayurvedic herb that has been shown to accelerate healing in bone fractures, and taking cissus can also mitigate tendon, ligament, joint and cartilage damage; acting as an analgesic while at the same time inhibiting inflammation-related damage.
    * Curcumin (turmeric) is another Ayurvedic herb historically used as a remedy for joint pain and arthritis, and has also been used to treat a variety of inflammation-based ailments.
    * Glucosamine Sulfate is commonly used for the treatment of osteoarthritis, and because it is a precursor for glycosaminoglycans, which major active components of joint cartilage. By increasing glycosaminoglycans, users of supplemental glucosamine may help to rebuild cartilage and slow or halt the advancement of certain types of arthritis.
    * Chondroitin Sulfate has a number of positive effects including acting as an anti-inflammatory. It stimulates the synthesis of proteoglycans and hyaluronic acid to promote greater joint lubrication. It also helps decrease the catabolic activity of chondrocytes, which helps minimize joint tissue degradation over time.
    * MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) The sulfur found in MSM helps maintain the structure of connective tissue by forming cross-linkages through disulfide bonds, i.e., sulfur strengthens the tissues that make up the joint.

Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is an important compound in immune function and tissue repair. It is required for the synthesis of important neurotransmitters, amino acids, and the synthesis of connective tissues.
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48%

Thumbs up

Great Product! Worked very well and fast!
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Great Product! Worked very well and fast!
    Yes. Once I started taking 4 caps first thing daily, instead of spreading them out at 1 cap four times a day, it worked like a charm
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hey outside backer, I was wondering if you guys gave out any free samples of this stuff. I play college football and the season has given me an absolute beating so far. My shins knees ankles and right shoulder are so inflamed every day that I am unable to practice without 3-4 motrin. Just about all the guys on the team relie on Ibuprofen to just get through practice and they always ask me if theres any supplement that will help. I really wana purchase bottles of your product if it can help me out, but its quite expensive for only 30 days for me. Thanks for any help.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pavb10 View Post
    Hey outside backer, I was wondering if you guys gave out any free samples of this stuff. I play college football and the season has given me an absolute beating so far. My shins knees ankles and right shoulder are so inflamed every day that I am unable to practice without 3-4 motrin. Just about all the guys on the team relie on Ibuprofen to just get through practice and they always ask me if theres any supplement that will help. I really wana purchase bottles of your product if it can help me out, but its quite expensive for only 30 days for me. Thanks for any help.
    it will definitely help you man. after 10-14 days it will have been worth it. ill have a nice little review up soon. and in comparison to super cissus rx by usp, you will get about double the amount of servings for a little more.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

what specifically did u use it for?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

shoulder joint pain and biceps tendonitis. has also help a bit with my knees, but not a great deal as they werent in that bad of shape to begin with.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah thats really the reason i wana test it. A lot of people use it for aches and pains and such. For the last two and a half months every single day i wake up and feel like i sqauted 405 for 5 sets of ten ran ten miles on the beach and went 15 rounds with the iceman.

Football season is rough, so rough that my ankles and shins are so stiff in the morning i cant walk barefoot... Also i really cant run without some serious overdosing of anti inflamtoires. Im hoping osteo sport not only will help the inflamation go away, but heal the tendons and make the pain in my hammy go away.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.95%
    Achievements Posting Pro

honestly AN is a reputable company who has nothing but solid products in their line up. i say give it a shot.
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

E-mail Alyson at customerservice@appliednutrice uticals.com, and she should be able to hook you up with a sample.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I actaully got a sponsored run on it coming soon!!!!!!
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Im going to be doing a log after im done on it comparing Animal flex and this. The price is quite high and don't know if I'll be able to take it all the time. great ingredients though. Animal flex is treating me good right now and its only been like two weeks or less I think none the less good stuff and my joints feel better. Ive been using joint supplements for at least six years.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yeah animal flex seems to be more for joints and such. Im taking osteo sport for muscles and tendons and such. Basically all the wear and tear on my connective tissue from football. There are a ton of products that help with joints, but very very few for muscles.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

yeah animal flex seems to be more for joints and such. Im taking osteo sport for muscles and tendons and such. Basically all the wear and tear on my connective tissue from football. There are a ton of products that help with joints, but very very few for muscles.
    yes thats the reason I'm ready to try it. Can this can be put on sale for Christmas?
    Last edited by John Smeton; 11-20-2008 at 11:47 PM.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

yeah im gonna run my log soon with considerable amount of soft tissue damage so ill let you know how it goes for me and what i think... good luck and hopefully it goes on sale soon
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I just got this. It says I should take 3 pills. I did it all at once. Is that okay?

BTW I'm including it in my current log (bulking with white flood) in case anyone wants to follow along or help me out with my experience.
  18. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I just got this. It says I should take 3 pills. I did it all at once. Is that okay?

BTW I'm including it in my current log (bulking with white flood) in case anyone wants to follow along or help me out with my experience.
    Yep. 3 caps all at once first thing in the morning, and you're done and dusted for the rest of the day

19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks Rosie.
  20. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    Thanks Rosie.
    No worries. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

what's the half life of osteo sport? I was planning on getting this for my knees. Since working legs more, they hurt right on the top edge of the knee cap when I walk or press on it. Should I go with Animal flex instead?
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.63%

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    what's the half life of osteo sport? I was planning on getting this for my knees. Since working legs more, they hurt right on the top edge of the knee cap when I walk or press on it. Should I go with Animal flex instead?
    hyaluronic- skin- 1 minute; tissue 24-48 hours
    bioperine- 33 hours
    MSM- 12 hours
    vitamin c- 30 minutes
    chondroitin- 12-24 hours
    glucosamine- 2.1 hours
    CMO- 2 days (based on metabolism of other fatty acids)
    cissus- no data
    bromelain- 6-9 hours
    turmeric- 50 minutes
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    it will definitely help you man. after 10-14 days it will have been worth it. ill have a nice little review up soon. and in comparison to super cissus rx by usp, you will get about double the amount of servings for a little more.

Hey man, do you have that comparison with Super Cissus available? If so, I'd like to check it out. Thanks!
  24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by IvyLeaguePump View Post
    Hey man, do you have that comparison with Super Cissus available? If so, I'd like to check it out. Thanks!
    SuperCissus is JUST Cissus Quadrangularis (i.e. similar to Osteobolin-C, except the latter has 150mg less Cissus, and also contains Vitamin C); whereas OsteoSport has a whole host of other ingredients specific to joint health, and therefore should be far MORE effective.

25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.98%

The CGC2 Joint Regeneration Matrix which contains the Cissus, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM AND Turmeric is only 115mg total (per capsule).

Is that really enough to do anything?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This stuff was awesome and really helped get rid of the tendonitous in my shoulder after about nine days....Awesome stuff!!!
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

This stuff was awesome and really helped get rid of the tendonitous in my shoulder after about nine days....Awesome stuff!!!
    Good to hear pavb.
  28. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by scottyc33 View Post
    The CGC2 Joint Regeneration Matrix which contains the Cissus, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM AND Turmeric is only 115mg total (per capsule).

Is that really enough to do anything?
    It's not so much about how much of something is in there, or any specific ingredients, but the product as a WHOLE. Try it and see for yourself what all the fuss is about!!!

x 2. When I'm using OsteoSport I have NO joint issues (and I have bad hips and knees) within a couple of days!!!

29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.99%

Quick question on when to take the all in one a.m.dose. Is it to be taken prior to food with fluids just like cissus, say 10-15 minutes before food consumption?
  30. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
    Quick question on when to take the all in one a.m.dose. Is it to be taken prior to food with fluids just like cissus, say 10-15 minutes before food consumption?
    Take it first thing in the morning (i.e. when you get up). BEFORE food. With water, yes.

31. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.99%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Take it first thing in the morning (i.e. when you get up). BEFORE food. With water, yes.
    perfect that's what I have been doing for the first two days just wanted to make sure. thanks rosie

I'm looking forward to giving this a run in hopes to clear up my nagging shoulder injury
  32. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
    perfect that's what I have been doing for the first two days just wanted to make sure. thanks rosie

I'm looking forward to giving this a run in hopes to clear up my nagging shoulder injury
    No worries, R-Mac. If you're going to use something, may as well do it properly!

Honestly, you should be seeing decrease or elimination of pain and any other issues within a few days (I know that I did, once I started dosing properly).

33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.19%

This stuff is magic! Ive had a bad shoulder for years and have tried everything under the sun but nothing worked. After about 2 weeks on osteosport i can do shoulder presses without that damn clicking and best of all NO PAIN!

You guys rock. Do i need to cycle this stuff or is it ok to stay on long term?
  34. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeC View Post
    This stuff is magic! Ive had a bad shoulder for years and have tried everything under the sun but nothing worked. After about 2 weeks on osteosport i can do shoulder presses without that damn clicking and best of all NO PAIN!

You guys rock. Do i need to cycle this stuff or is it ok to stay on long term?
    Thanks for the positive feedback.

Yep, ok to stay on it long term. Although, you can cycle off it for 1-2 weeks every 8 weeks if you like (I personally wouldn't, but that's just me).

35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.44%

I ran out of the OsteoSport and i'm feeling the pain in my knees and my tendonitis in my wrists are acting up again. Sometimes you don't really notice the benefit until you stop using it. I need more and fast......
  36. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by kkschaef View Post
    I ran out of the OsteoSport and i'm feeling the pain in my knees and my tendonitis in my wrists are acting up again. Sometimes you don't really notice the benefit until you stop using it. I need more and fast......
    I notice the aches etc. when I stop using it as well. Which means that it's a STAPLE for me now

37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I was taking 2 caps of this w/ breakfast, 2 caps with lunch, and 2 with dinner. I had them with food, was I doing this wrong? I did feel some great results, but if I take all 6 caps in the morning, will the results be even better?
  38. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    I was taking 2 caps of this w/ breakfast, 2 caps with lunch, and 2 with dinner. I had them with food, was I doing this wrong? I did feel some great results, but if I take all 6 caps in the morning, will the results be even better?
    I would recommend that you take 5 caps first thing in the morning, instead of splitting the dose up (when you split the dose up you don't get the full benefit of the Hyaluronic Acid, which is a mistake I made when I was beta-testing Osteosport), to get the best results.

39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Does this need to be taken with or close to eating food to be most affective or can you eat say an hour after taking the dose? Is it less beneficial to take it late in the evening before sleeping?
  40. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

Quote Originally Posted by hibbs82 View Post
    Does this need to be taken with or close to eating food to be most affective or can you eat say an hour after taking the dose? Is it less beneficial to take it late in the evening before sleeping?
    No it does not need to be taken with or close to food to be effective. To get the most benefit from OsteoSport dose first thing in the morning when you get up (and you only need to dose once daily).

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

Similar Forum Threads

1. My results on Osteo-Sport
    By SirGalahad in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 01:10 PM
  2. Osteo Sport
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM
  3. Have YOU tried Osteo-Sport?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7