Antaeus Labs PSyche

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Our new ergogenic/nootropic PSyche is available this week. Orders ship on or around Nov 2nd, 2015.

Antaeus Labs PSyche is a mood- and energy-enhancement supplement - a stimulant that defies categorization. Part ergogen, part nootropic, it's a caffeine-based pick-me-up that will enhance your work day and/or your workouts.

For years mankind has dreamed of clean energy, and now that dream has been realized - no, not the as-yet-unfulfilled promise of renewables like wind and wave power, but a clean-feeling boost to productivity and work capacity. And now it's here: PSyche.

It's finally time to say goodbye to jittery, cracked out feelings of anxiety and tension caused by pre-workout products often laced with quasi-legal stimulants, and say hello to a pick-me-up that will reinvigorate your energy levels and mood to help you achieve peak physical and mental performance.

The ingredients in PSyche (either alone or in combination) have been found to:

• Increase lean body mass
• Improve strength
• Heighten awareness
• Boost cognition
• Reduce the perception of fatigue
• Improve mood
• Speed up recovery
• Combat exercise-induced stress
• Prevent muscle soreness
• Improve well-being

PSyche contains only efficacious doses of the following naturally-occurring ingredients:

• Caffeine
• Ornithine
• Phosphatidylserine

Caffeine is probably the most studied ergogenic aid of all time, and is a staple in the lives of most people, whether used as part of a pre-workout powder, energy drinks, tablets, or your morning coffee.
Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and vasoconstrictor shown to increase endurance in both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, improve power output and training volume while reducing fatigue and perceived exertion. One study demonstrated that caffeine used before a workout can cause a greater increase in testosterone than exercise alone. [SUP][1][/SUP]

L-Ornithine is an amino acid produced from arginine that facilitates the urea cycle and promotes the release of growth hormone. Exercise causes the accumulation of ammonia in the blood, brain and muscle, which contributes to muscular fatigue. [SUP][2][/SUP] Ornithine supplementation activates the urea cycle, promoting the excretion of ammonia and reducing fatigue during prolonged exercise. [SUP][3][/SUP] Ornithine has been found to be synergistic with caffeine in improving mood and energy levels, when tested in office workers. [SUP][4][/SUP]

Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid that maintains human cell membranes, which is particularly important in the brain where it is vital for cognitive function. Research suggests that supplemental PS may improve both cognitive abilities (typically observed in the context of pre-existing impairments), and physical performance. Enhanced endurance, improved attention, better accuracy, and reduced stress have all been observed in those supplementing with PS.

One supplement that has been making headlines in the past year or so is phosphatidic acid (PA), after a study showed that it can increase lean body mass and muscular strength by activating the anabolic protein mTOR. Looking behind the headlines, the same study showed that phosphatidylserine (PS) has the same mTOR-activating effect. [SUP][5][/SUP] In cell culture tests, phosphatidylserine elevated mTOR signaling 558%.

Like caffeine, PS can also increase the testosterone-raising effect of exercise. [SUP][6][/SUP] Unlike caffeine, PS doesn't result in an increase in cortisol - in fact it blunts the exercise-induced elevation of cortisol. One small study showed an increase in testosterone of 37% and drop in cortisol of 35% relative to controls. When PS is combined with caffeine, studies have found improvements in post-workout mood, and reductions in the perception of fatigue. [SUP][7][/SUP]

Unlike many low-quality products - often containing 5% phosphatidylserine or less - PSyche uses a high quality ultra-pure lecithin extract containing 50% phosphatidylserine.

Antaeus Labs PSyche uses the most synergistic blend of proven performance boosters that are sure to help you achieve and exceed your goals, whether they're in the gym, on the pitch, at college or at work. Get a mental and physical edge with Antaeus Labs PSyche.

The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause effects including nervousness, irritability, and sleeplessness. Keep away from children.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

References:
1. Beaven, C. M. et al. Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 18, 131–141 (2008).
2. Mutch, B. J. & Banister, E. W. Ammonia metabolism in exercise and fatigue: a review. Med Sci Sports Exerc 15, 41–50 (1983).
3. Sugino, T., Shirai, T., Kajimoto, Y. & Kajimoto, O. L-ornithine supplementation attenuates physical fatigue in healthy volunteers by modulating lipid and amino acid metabolism. Nutr Res 28, 738–743 (2008).
4. Misaizu, A., Kokubo, T., Tazumi, K., Kanayama, M. & Miura, Y. The Combined Effect of Caffeine and Ornithine on the Mood of Healthy Office Workers. Preventive Nutrition and Food Science 19, 367–372 (2014).
5. Joy, J. M. et al. Phosphatidic acid enhances mTOR signaling and resistance exercise induced hypertrophy. Nutr Metab (Lond) 11, 29 (2014).
6. Starks, M. A., Starks, S. L., Kingsley, M., Purpura, M. & Jäger, R. The effects of phosphatidylserine on endocrine response to moderate intensity exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 5, 11 (2008).
7. Wells, A. J. et al. Phosphatidylserine and caffeine attenuate postexercise mood disturbance and perception of fatigue in humans. Nutr Res 33, 464–472 (2013).

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great product! May replace Adrenosurge for me since it will no longer be manufactured.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anyone get a change to review this?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like a great product. Seems like it might be a helpful part of PCT. Also sounds like it could replace some of the stim heavy pre-workouts and you'll feel much better running it. Does this need to be taken on an empty stomach?.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm just here to confess my love to Antaeus Labs, every product by them kicks ass.

Also, this product looks awesome.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great product. Seems like it might be a helpful part of PCT. Also sounds like it could replace some of the stim heavy pre-workouts and you'll feel much better running it. Does this need to be taken on an empty stomach?.
WIth a small meal is generally recommended for most things.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried PSyche already ? Interesting data on ingredients,reminds me of Axon.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Took a 3 cap dose on an empty stomach today, then a meal about 20 minutes later. Was surprised at how stimulated I felt from the amount of caffeine. Also was very happy which was unexpected. Will be experimenting more with dose and timing, etc.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WIth a small meal is generally recommended for most things.
Took a 3 cap dose on an empty stomach today, then a meal about 20 minutes later. Was surprised at how stimulated I felt from the amount of caffeine. Also was very happy which was unexpected. Will be experimenting more with dose and timing, etc.
Do you mind trying it with a small meal next time?. I'd just like to see how it effects people that way.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it seemed to wake me up a tiny bit and then I felt really relaxed and fell asleep. Good stuff, but might be better off stack with some more caffeine. The directions do recommend taking it with a caffeinated beverage and/or food. I had two caps with some food. It did seem to kick in right away and I felt relaxed and awake. Made it easier to concentrate and seemed to make any worries fade away and made meaningless. Even now I still feel pretty relaxed and I'm able to easily concentrate. This might stack well with a pre-workout, but a low stim one or you could try 1/4 of a serving or something like that. Another way to use it I would think is with a strong cup of coffee before you go out. I think it would help concentration while driving and keep you relaxed, especially while driving in heavy traffic this time of year.

So far I like this stuff. Lots of possibilities to try it lots of different ways. Looking forward to trying it again in a different situation. Might be better when I'm not sick. I'm still kind of sick and recovering from a sinus infection but I didn't want to wait to try it out.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool. Look forward to seeing how it treats you t bone.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Well it seemed to wake me up a tiny bit and then I felt really relaxed and fell asleep. Good stuff, but might be better off stack with some more caffeine. The directions do recommend taking it with a caffeinated beverage and/or food. I had two caps with some food. It did seem to kick in right away and I felt relaxed and awake. Made it easier to concentrate and seemed to make any worries fade away and made meaningless. Even now I still feel pretty relaxed and I'm able to easily concentrate. This might stack well with a pre-workout, but a low stim one or you could try 1/4 of a serving or something like that. Another way to use it I would think is with a strong cup of coffee before you go out. I think it would help concentration while driving and keep you relaxed, especially while driving in heavy traffic this time of year.

So far I like this stuff. Lots of possibilities to try it lots of different ways. Looking forward to trying it again in a different situation. Might be better when I'm not sick. I'm still kind of sick and recovering from a sinus infection but I didn't want to wait to try it out.
How does PSyche goes up against Axon ?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Although I haven't used Psyche I can almost guarantee it would even come close in terms of focus/energy. The good thing is that psyche is more of a mild stim/nootropic with additional endurance benefits. It definitely has its place-Comparing the two isn't really fair.

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Although I haven't used Psyche I can almost guarantee it would even come close in terms of focus/energy. The good thing is that psyche is more of a mild stim/nootropic with additional endurance benefits. It definitely has its place-Comparing the two isn't really fair.
I agree on comparison aspect,but market of nootropics nowadays seems kinda faded..not a lot of innovative compounds/nootropics for energy/brain stim lol. So it's always great to see a heir of longtime gone King.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't even compare them. They are so different. Psyche gives you more of a relaxed energy and helps you "slow things down" allowing you to concentrate easier and not get upset or mad in traffic or other stressful situations. Definitely good for stressful times of the year, like the holidays while dealing with annoying visitors. Definitely saving some of this bottle for Christmas time.

regdabyenoh

Awards
I wouldn't even compare them. They are so different. Psyche gives you more of a relaxed energy and helps you "slow things down" allowing you to concentrate easier and not get upset or mad in traffic or other stressful situations. Definitely good for stressful times of the year, like the holidays while dealing with annoying visitors. Definitely saving some of this bottle for Christmas time.
Haha thats a great use for the product lol. They should advertise it that way :)

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Do you guys have any sales on your site? Looking to buy some thunderbolt and Psyche and some talos in multiples let me know if there's a discount code!

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys have any sales on your site? Looking to buy some thunderbolt and Psyche and some talos in multiples let me know if there's a discount code!
We don't have any discount codes, sorry. If you're looking to buy about six bottles or more total, shoot me a PM and I'll get you a best price. Otherwise you may get the cheapest prices from one of our retailers like Nutraplanet or *******.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just want to update since today I only got about 4 hours sleep and took 3 Psyche and 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Seemed to work great for about 4-5 hours. I was falling asleep, then about 15 minutes after dosing I just wasn't really tired anymore. Plus I could concentrate a little better or could concentrate period, because with this little sleep I'm usually useless. I just took another 2 and it was about 7 hours since the first dosage. I was literally falling asleep again, melting into my chair....Forced myself to get up and take the caps. Now I'm awake and alert again. I usually go to sleep around midnight and I bet it will work its way out of my system a few hours before that. This is great stuff and doesn't make you all jittery. Literally about 30 minutes ago I could barely form a thought because I was so tired. Now I can actually think.

regdabyenoh

Awards
Just want to update since today I only got about 4 hours sleep and took 3 Psyche and 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Seemed to work great for about 4-5 hours. I was falling asleep, then about 15 minutes after dosing I just wasn't really tired anymore. Plus I could concentrate a little better or could concentrate period, because with this little sleep I'm usually useless. I just took another 2 and it was about 7 hours since the first dosage. I was literally falling asleep again, melting into my chair....Forced myself to get up and take the caps. Now I'm awake and alert again. I usually go to sleep around midnight and I bet it will work its way out of my system a few hours before that. This is great stuff and doesn't make you all jittery. Literally about 30 minutes ago I could barely form a thought because I was so tired. Now I can actually think.
Sounds good.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good.
Yeah I like it because of the smooth energy. It feels more natural. Probably one of the smoothest most natural stim products I've ever taken. It's almost like you don't realize you have taken anything till you have to concentrate, or get up and get something done. I can describe it as making things feel like they take less effort to do. That's the only way I can describe it. You just gotta try it to experience it.

regdabyenoh

Awards
Yeah I like it because of the smooth energy. It feels more natural. Probably one of the smoothest most natural stim products I've ever taken. It's almost like you don't realize you have taken anything till you have to concentrate, or get up and get something done. I can describe it as making things feel like they take less effort to do. That's the only way I can describe it. You just gotta try it to experience it.
Yeah I think I will, My days are pretty constant and this sounds just right.

Great review T-Bone.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
This is a fantastic product.

The mix of nootropics and low stims is a nice new direction and seems to me is far more beneficial for general clarity and focus.

Clean clear and sharp.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey just an update. I've still been taking this stuff sporadically. I'm letting the bottle last since it has acute effects and I like taking it "as needed". Took some today, 3 caps and I'm feeling better all day. I had actually been pretty stressed for the past week or so. Today I took 3 of these and now I look back on things and wonder why I got so stressed about little things.

Definitely pick up a bottle of this stuff if you haven't tried it.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Hey just an update. I've still been taking this stuff sporadically. I'm letting the bottle last since it has acute effects and I like taking it "as needed". Took some today, 3 caps and I'm feeling better all day. I had actually been pretty stressed for the past week or so. Today I took 3 of these and now I look back on things and wonder why I got so stressed about little things.

Definitely pick up a bottle of this stuff if you haven't tried it.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would d-serine or PS have a more pronounced/long term effect on memory enhancement?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Would d-serine or PS have a more pronounced/long term effect on memory enhancement?
Good question. Although both contain serine they function differently. D-serine is an agonist of the glycine site of the NMDA receptor; the NMDA receptor is involved in (among other things) long term potentiation (LTP). PS is incorporated into the cell membrane, where it helps keep the cell healthy (maintaining fluidity, acting as a cofactor for enzymes etc.) as well as helping get rid of the cell when it dies. D-serine/Testforce 2 (both rely on NMDAR agonism) are worth a try for memory enhancement. PS may do more for brain health (e.g. mood, cognition, attention) than for memory.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
i love ant labs- there is still one product that is available, but not sold here in the US- sold overseas and still can be shipped - even though the bottle says for sale in the EU- nanodrol liquid- taste like the armpit of a 400 lb man, but God, does this stuff work- seriously can anyone say anything bad about AL?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i love ant labs- there is still one product that is available, but not sold here in the US- sold overseas and still can be shipped - even though the bottle says for sale in the EU- nanodrol liquid- taste like the armpit of a 400 lb man, but God, does this stuff work- seriously can anyone say anything bad about AL?
No Antaeus Labs is awesome. I remember beta testing trenazone. I used to talk to Jake through email but I'm even sure he is still with them. He's a really nice guy and will do anything for his customers.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
No Antaeus Labs is awesome. I remember beta testing trenazone. I used to talk to Jake through email but I'm even sure he is still with them. He's a really nice guy and will do anything for his customers.
T- I lol still have a bottle of Tren in my upstairs fridge. is it still good? who knows, but the day is coming and i promise when i use it will let you know. as far as any reps from AL- yes great guys- and now i can add sns-

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
sns has a great reliable line as well- several great write up about cit mal and choline- lets just say, if there are write ups on google about those 2 supps, a company is doing something right

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
When this thread went up, I asked Henry for product availability at retailers. He said it is up to them and offered to send me a bottle to post my thoughts on. I declined because I prefer paying for my stuff and because last time I used phosphatidylserine it barely did anything for me. The very first time I used PS years ago it had a profound effect on my sleep and recovery from physical and mental work. It did not work as well, if at all, later on.

I started with 2 caps after work on Friday on an empty stomach. It is the worst time of the week for me after hours of mental exertion and I was literally finished. I decided I'll go do the grocery shopping for the week, I got a very pleasant boost of alertness soon afterwards and an hour later I was feeling really good and energetic. Great!

Next day I took 3 caps before the gym and 2 later in the day. I had a good boost in mood again and a significant reduction in mental chatter.

The following week I took 2 caps with lunch(first meal of the day) to get rid of the afternoon slump and it kind of worked for that too. It did not make my work any easier though, but knowing my brain biochemistry, it was expected.

However, the most significant effect I had from the very first dose is that it obliterated my cravings that started to increase since I started dieting the prior week. It makes sense to me to load some PS every now and then through Psyche and reap the benefits of well-nourished neurons.

It is an excellent product and has a variety of applications due to the lower caffeine content. I will be a repeat buyer.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Is 1 capsules PSyche 150mg PS? so 4 capsules would supply 600mg PS, that is a good dose.

How would you guys dose this? 2 caps in the morning and 2 caps Pre workout? Works fine to take with a pump/stim free pre workout? Adding coffee in the morning and 200mg Caffeine pre workout if needed is fine?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is 1 capsules PSyche 150mg PS? so 4 capsules would supply 600mg PS, that is a good dose.

How would you guys dose this? 2 caps in the morning and 2 caps Pre workout? Works fine to take with a pump/stim free pre workout? Adding coffee in the morning and 200mg Caffeine pre workout if needed is fine?
I take 3 usually with some coffee. Works pretty good that way. It's not an in your face stim. In fact I find it quite relaxing.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
I take 3 usually with some coffee. Works pretty good that way. It's not an in your face stim. In fact I find it quite relaxing.
Sounds good! I like a relaxing clean focus feeling.
1 Cap=300mg of PS, 100mg of Ornithine, 35 mg caffeine
I thought it was 300mg standardized for 50% PS? which would be 150mg PS. 300mg PS in one cap is a lot.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Was just reading off my bottle.
Aight. :)

Will give this product a try. Seems to be a good nootropic and mood product. Found it for 30$ + 17$ for international shipping. Much cheaper then from a UK vendor who as it at 71$.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
1 Cap=300mg of PS, 100mg of Ornithine, 35 mg caffeine
I thought it was 300mg standardized for 50% PS? which would be 150mg PS. 300mg PS in one cap is a lot.
Pec.Major is correct. It's 300mg soy lecithin per cap, standardized for 50% PS, for a dose of 150mg PS/cap. Sorry, the label could certainly be clearer.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Pec.Major is correct. It's 300mg soy lecithin per cap, standardized for 50% PS, for a dose of 150mg PS/cap. Sorry, the label could certainly be clearer.
Alright. 150mg PS per cap is a good dose. :)

I have a question regarding the L-Ornithine content as well. Is the L-Ornithine in PSyche bounded to HCI? So it is actually 150mg L-ornithine HCI in PSyche which is equivalent to 100mg L-Ornithine per cap, correct?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Alright. 150mg PS per cap is a good dose. :)

I have a question regarding the L-Ornithine content as well. Is the L-Ornithine in PSyche bounded to HCI? So it is actually 150mg L-ornithine HCI in PSyche which is equivalent to 100mg L-Ornithine per cap, correct?
Let me check that for you. Forgive the pedantry, but I think 150mg Ornithine HCl would be more like 120mg Ornithine (HCl = 32MW, ornithine ~132MW).

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Let me check that for you. Forgive the pedantry, but I think 150mg Ornithine HCl would be more like 120mg Ornithine (HCl = 32MW, ornithine ~132MW).
Okey, I see.

But how about the L-Ornithine in PSyche. Is it actually 130mg L-Ornithine HCI but you have only right up the actual amount of L-Ornithine it supplies(100mg)? Reason I am asking is because most of the studies on Ornithine effects have used the HCI bounded. Just want to double check. :)

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Extracts from a sponsored review of PSyche on supplementreviews.com:

Solid supplement that does a great job at a select few of it's claims

- Ingredient Profile --
Starting with the ingredient profile, Psyche has three simple ingredients dosed pretty well. Phosphatidylserine has been shown to improve memory and cognitive ability, andit is also good at being a mood booster at higher dosages.
Other than that they have Ornithine at 100mg and Caffeine at 35mg per capsule. The caffeine dosage is spot on, letting the Phosphatidylserine do its job rather than hiding it with caffeine. Overall I give the ingredient profile a 9/10.

- Effectiveness -

Boost cognition: Okay now this is where Psyche really stands out. My ability to work at a faster more focused rate went up when I took Psyche. I noticed the best results when I took two capsules with my coffee. Normal coffee works okay for me, but Psyche and coffee together meant I was going to get a lot done, and done right. Taking this combination before work or schoolwork did wonders for me.

Improve mood: Yes, yes and yes. When I would supplement Psyche into my daily grind I would noticed an improved mood from the get good. At 4 capsules I got a similar feeling to that euphoria that AfterGlow provided.

- Conclusion -
Antaeus Labs has some interesting formulas and Psyche is one of them and overall I was impressed by Psyche, however I think they should cut down on the claims and focus more on the proven few of the ingredients in their product. Enjoyed using Psyche and thanks go out to Antaeus Labs for sending this out for review!

Pros:
Improved Mood
Increased Cognition
Decreased Stressed

Overall: 7.0 | Effectiveness: 7.0 | Value: 7.0
Read the full review here: http://supplementreviews.com/antaeus-labs/psyche/review/solid-supplement-great-job-select-51450

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
So my wife was feeling groggy and unmotivated etc etc.

I gave her two of these and told her to let me know how she liked it. I did not tell her what it was.

Later she found her self cleaning and focused and driven to get things done. Not in a frenzy or cracked out. Just solid productive mental alertness and clarity.

Suddenly she stopped and looked at me and said "what the hell did you give me? It's awesome" I told her and she grabbed the bottle and put it in with her supplements and said "thank you sweetie but you'll have to get yourself a new bottle now because this one is mine now"

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have to give this a try