BAIBA explained visually

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. BAIBA explained visually

References:
    Asen S, Thompson JF, Morris CJ, Irreverre F. Isolation of β-Aminoisobutyric Acid from Bulbs of Iris tingitana var. Wedgewood. J Biol Chem. 1959 Jan 2;234(2):343–6.

References:
    Plaxco KW, Gross M. Astrobiology: A Brief Introduction. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press; 2011. p87.
    Ehrenfreund P, Glavin DP, Botta O, Cooper G, Bada JL. Extraterrestrial amino acids in Orgueil and Ivuna: Tracing the parent body of CI type carbonaceous chondrites. PNAS. 2001 Feb 27;98(5):2138–41.

2. References:
    Fink K, Henderson RB, Fink RM. Beta-aminoisobutyric acid, a possible factor in pyrimidine metabolism. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1951 Oct;78(1):135–41.
    Kupiecki FP, Coon MJ. THE ENZYMATIC SYNTHESIS OF β-AMINOISOBUTYRATE. A PRODUCT OF VALINE METABOLISM, AND OF β-ALANINE, A PRODUCT OF β-HYDROXYPROPIONATE METABOLISM. J Biol Chem. 1957 Jan 12;229(2):743–54.

References:
    Crumpler HR, Dent CE, Harris H, Westall RG. beta-Aminoisobutyric acid (alpha-methyl-beta-alanine); a new amino-acid obtained from human urine. Nature. 1951 Feb 24;167(4243):307–8.

Reference:
    Canellakis ES. Pyrimidine Metabolism I. Enzymatic Pathways of Uracil and Thymine Degradation. J Biol Chem. 1956 Jan 7;221(1):315–22.

Reference:
    Begriche K, Massart J, Fromenty B. Effects of β-aminoisobutyric acid on leptin production and lipid homeostasis: mechanisms and possible relevance for the prevention of obesity. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Jun;24(3):269–82.
    •   

3. References:
    Gaou I, Malliti M, Guimont M-C, Lettéron P, Demeilliers C, Peytavin G, et al. Effect of Stavudine on Mitochondrial Genome and Fatty Acid Oxidation in Lean and Obese Mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001 Jan 5;297(2):516–23.
    Note R, Maisonneuve C, Lettéron P, Peytavin G, Djouadi F, Igoudjil A, et al. Mitochondrial and metabolic effects of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) in mice receiving one of five single- and three dual-NRTI treatments. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003 Nov;47(11):3384–92.

References:
    Maisonneuve C, Igoudjil A, Begriche K, Lettéron P, Guimont M-C, Bastin J, et al. Effects of zidovudine, stavudine and beta-aminoisobutyric acid on lipid homeostasis in mice: possible role in human fat wasting. Antivir Ther (Lond). 2004 Oct;9(5):801–10.
    Igoudjil A, Abbey-Toby A, Begriche K, Grodet A, Chataigner K, Peytavin G, et al. High doses of stavudine induce fat wasting and mild liver damage without impairing mitochondrial respiration in mice. Antivir Ther (Lond). 2007;12(3):389–400.
    Igoudjil A, Massart J, Begriche K, Descatoire V, Robin M-A, Fromenty B. High concentrations of stavudine impair fatty acid oxidation without depleting mitochondrial DNA in cultured rat hepatocytes. Toxicology in Vitro. 2008 Jun;22(4):887–98.

(stock image)

References:
    665 A thymine catabolite, β-aminoisobutyric acid, reduces hepatic dysfunction and metabolic disorders in overweight or obese mice. Journal of Hepatology. 2005 Apr 1;42:243.
    Begriche K, Massart J, Abbey-Toby A, Igoudjil A, Lettéron P, Fromenty B. Beta-aminoisobutyric acid prevents diet-induced obesity in mice with partial leptin deficiency. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008 Sep;16(9):2053–67.
    Begriche K, Massart J, Fromenty B. Effects of β-aminoisobutyric acid on leptin production and lipid homeostasis: mechanisms and possible relevance for the prevention of obesity. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2010 Jun;24(3):269–82.

4. So if someone gets hit by a meteorite will they get a sufficient dose of BAIBA to be effective for weight loss.

5. Good stuff Henry. It's great in lipomorph and I will pick some up solo down the road.
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Vj63 View Post
    So if someone gets hit by a meteorite will they get a sufficient dose of BAIBA to be effective for weight loss.
    Interestingly, it might be that the amino acids like BAIBA that have been detected in meteorites were formed when they impacted with the planet, rather than in space, coming into being from more basic chemical ingredients in something they call ‘shock synthesis’.
    See: Shock synthesis of amino acids from impacting cometary and icy planet surface analogues

7. Thanks Henry.

I was just messing with you, I am a fan of Antaeus and I like the way you guys go about looking at different compounds and not just coming out with the same retreads as most companies.

8. My wife is running Baiba now and she is putting on lean mass, and her fat seems to continue to shed also.

She loves the thermal affect it has on her when she works out, and she seems to sweat more...
    Antaeus Labs Rep

9. What's a starting dosage for BAIBA?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    What's a starting dosage for BAIBA?
    500mg/day.

11. Anyone logging this stuff on here? I'm thinking of adding it to the last 4 weeks of my cycle.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

12. Quote Originally Posted by stankyleg View Post
    Anyone logging this stuff on here? I'm thinking of adding it to the last 4 weeks of my cycle.
    Send me your name and address by PM and we'll send you a bottle out free, in exchange for your feedback.

13. Clear your pm's brother. Thanks for the awesome opportunity.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

14. Quote Originally Posted by stankyleg View Post
    Clear your pm's brother. Thanks for the awesome opportunity.
    Sorry, cleared some space.

15. Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    Send me your name and address by PM and we'll send you a bottle out free, in exchange for your feedback.
    Wow thats awesome. Not to many companies would be willing to do that.

Oh and good read thanks.

16. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post

Oh and good read thanks.
    No doubt. I was telling henryv in my pm how much I appreciate the opportunity. I also told him I'm gonna do the review at 30 days, and if it's going good, keep it rolling for another 30-60 on my own dime. I guess it'll be a log at that point. Stoked.

17. I would be interested in trying this out as well

18. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post

Oh and good read thanks.
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by stankyleg View Post
    No doubt. I was telling henryv in my pm how much I appreciate the opportunity. I also told him I'm gonna do the review at 30 days, and if it's going good, keep it rolling for another 30-60 on my own dime. I guess it'll be a log at that point. Stoked.
    We'll get that out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I would be interested in trying this out as well
    Maybe we'll have to run another competition and give away some more products then. I'll try and get something up this week.

19. Quote Originally Posted by stankyleg View Post
    Anyone logging this stuff on here? I'm thinking of adding it to the last 4 weeks of my cycle.
    Here's some unbiased feedback that a paying customer posted today:

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    This is just a HONEST NO HYPE review because I paid for it myself and I could see this being a game changer after a few more weeks because it feels like it's building up in my body and everyday it just gets better. I want to figure out what pathway this product uses to make it work so damn good.
    So far this is getting 5 stars from me and if your on the fence about picking some up just JUMP and get yourself a good supply.
    Link to original post

20. Came in today. Planning on a gram a day. What dosing protocol do you recommend? All at once? Split? Preworkout?
  21. BAIBA explained visually

1 gram a day is a very good dose. I have my wife on that pre-workout and she sweats like crazy and feels very nice thermogenic effect.

There are some good feedback from users taking up lot 2 grams/day getting some amazing results. I wouldn't start there though. Try 500 and work up.

This also stacks well with other fat burners.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

22. I'll be adding this to my ongoing HRT log and will be dosing 500mg with a meal on workout days (5 per week) and 1g with a meal (or over 2 meals) on off days (2 per week)

23. Any recent feedback on this?

24. Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Any recent feedback on this?
    I'll be posting a full review soon yes. But if you're asking if it's worth including in your supplementation, 100% yes
  25. BAIBA explained visually

In......

What's the MOA of this stuff?

Want to see what might possibly be used for synergistic effect.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fat-burning explained: Diet, insulin and body fat!
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
  2. abs explained
    By WiNgS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 03:35 PM
  3. Training Frequency Explained!
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:56 PM
  4. t-3 please explain