Modular Series: Queen Bee Acid

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Modular Series: Queen Bee Acid


    Antaeus Labs Modular Series Queen Bee Acid is a nootropic supplement. Nootropics - also called "smart drugs" - are generally taken for perceived mental benefits such as improvements in memory, mood, focus, or motivation.



    Royal jelly is the special food of the larva of the queen honeybee. It's what turns an ordinary bee larva into a future queen; bigger, stronger, and longer-lived than the worker bees.
    Royal jelly is made up of proteins, sugars, lipids, vitamins and free amino acids. The major component of the lipid fraction is a fatty acid known as “queen bee acid”.

    - Queen bee acid significantly extends the lifespan of nematode worms. [1]
    - Queen bee acid has similar neurogenic effects in animal and in vitro tests to the omega 3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and the protein brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). [2]
    - Mice treated with queen bee acid were less vulnerable to stress and despondency. [3]

    [1] Lifespan-Extending Effects of Royal Jelly and Its Related Substances on the Nematode Caenorhabditis Elegans. PloS One 6 ( 8 ): e23527.
    [2] Royal Jelly and Its Unique Fatty Acid, 10-Hydroxy-Trans-2-Decenoic Acid, Promote Neurogenesis by Neural Stem/progenitor Cells in Vitro. Biomedical Research (Tokyo, Japan) 28(5): 261–266.
    [3] Antidepressant-like Activity of 10-Hydroxy-Trans-2-Decenoic Acid, a Unique Unsaturated Fatty Acid of Royal Jelly, in Stress-Inducible Depression-like Mouse Model. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine: e139140.


    Queen bee acid keywords: Nootropic, stress, worry, memory, longevity

    Queen Bee Acid stacks well with: Modular Series 7,8-dihydroxyflavone

    These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
    This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

    •   
       


  2. This is in stock and available now.

  3. Queen bee acid is also an AMPK activator - like AICAR. AMPK activation stimulates fatty acid oxidation, and enhances glucose uptake in skeletal muscle. This explains why use of exogenous AICAR results in fat loss and endurance enhancement. AMPK may also improve blood flow to muscles, cause mitochondrial biogenesis in skeletal muscle, and regulate appetite.

    See: 10-Hydroxy-2-decenoic acid, a unique medium-chain fatty acid, activates 5’-AMP-activated protein kinase in L6 myotubes and mice. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013 Oct;57(10):1794–802.

  4. Interesting any reviews or logs??
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Interesting any reviews or logs??
    Sadly, not that I've seen so far, though if anyone's running it we'd be interested to hear any feedback.

  6. Interested in seeing reviews on this one, could be an interesting nootropic/adoptogen type agent. I know the modern world puts a lot of stress on all of us!
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com

  7. If there any sales on it I'll have to pick it up and provide some feedback
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  8. I ordered 2 bottles of queen bee acid and 1 of galantamine from another online store. Yesterday was my first dosing. I'm going to be running it 2 caps, 2x per day (morning and evening) for about 4-6+ months. I just finished a10 month run of Pump Spray. My God...
    Freedom means nothing here.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I ordered 2 bottles of queen bee acid and 1 of galantamine from another online store. Yesterday was my first dosing. I'm going to be running it 2 caps, 2x per day (morning and evening) for about 4-6+ months. I just finished a10 month run of Pump Spray. My God...
    Let's us know how the queen bee is please
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  10. Royal Jelly alleviates sperm toxicity and improves in vitro fertilization outcome in Stanozolol-treated mice.

    Iran J Reprod Med. 2015 Jan;13(1):15-22

    Authors: Shalizar Jalali A, Najafi G, Hosseinchi M, Sedighnia A

    Abstract
    BACKGROUND: Stanozolol (ST) is a synthetic anabolic-androgenic steroid often abused by athletes. An increasing body of evidence points towards the role of ST misuses in the pathogenesis of a wide range of adverse effects including reprotoxicity.
    OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to analyze the possible reproprotective effect of royal jelly (RJ) as an efficient antioxidant in ST-treated mice.
    MATERIALS AND METHODS: Adult male mice were divided into four groups (n=5). Two groups of mice received ST (4.6 mg/kg/day) via gavage for 35 days. RJ was given orally to one of these groups at the dose level of 100 mg/kg body weight per day synchronously. Untreated control group and RJ-only treated group were also included. Epididymal sperm characteristics and in vitro fertilizing capacity were evaluated after 35 days.
    RESULTS: ST treatment caused a significant (p<0.05) decrease in sperm count and motility and fertilization rate along with poor blastocyst formation and increased sperm DNA damage. Moreover, the incidence of apoptosis and abnormality in spermatozoa was significantly (p<0.05) higher in ST-exposed mice than those of control. The above-mentioned parameters were restored to near normal level by RJ co-administration.
    CONCLUSION: Data from the current study suggest that RJ has a potential repro-protective action against ST-induced reproductive toxicity in mice. However, clinical studies are warranted to investigate such an effect in human subjects.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Royal Jelly alleviates sperm toxicity and improves in vitro fertilization outcome in Stanozolol-treated mice.

    Iran J Reprod Med. 2015 Jan;13(1):15-22

    Authors: Shalizar Jalali A, Najafi G, Hosseinchi M, Sedighnia A

    Abstract
    BACKGROUND: Stanozolol (ST) is a synthetic anabolic-androgenic steroid often abused by athletes. An increasing body of evidence points towards the role of ST misuses in the pathogenesis of a wide range of adverse effects including reprotoxicity.
    OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to analyze the possible reproprotective effect of royal jelly (RJ) as an efficient antioxidant in ST-treated mice.
    MATERIALS AND METHODS: Adult male mice were divided into four groups (n=5). Two groups of mice received ST (4.6 mg/kg/day) via gavage for 35 days. RJ was given orally to one of these groups at the dose level of 100 mg/kg body weight per day synchronously. Untreated control group and RJ-only treated group were also included. Epididymal sperm characteristics and in vitro fertilizing capacity were evaluated after 35 days.
    RESULTS: ST treatment caused a significant (p<0.05) decrease in sperm count and motility and fertilization rate along with poor blastocyst formation and increased sperm DNA damage. Moreover, the incidence of apoptosis and abnormality in spermatozoa was significantly (p<0.05) higher in ST-exposed mice than those of control. The above-mentioned parameters were restored to near normal level by RJ co-administration.
    CONCLUSION: Data from the current study suggest that RJ has a potential repro-protective action against ST-induced reproductive toxicity in mice. However, clinical studies are warranted to investigate such an effect in human subjects.
    Interesting have you used the queen bee acid royd?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  12. One question tho...

    WTF is a nematode worm and why would we want to extend its lifespan?
    Science was not my best subject...

    Edit: ok just Wikipediad it. Nasty little things.

    But, royal jelly is good stuff and helps with allergies, from my own experience.
    Sorry to interrupt...carry on.
    Last edited by The monk60; 02-10-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: New info

  13. Quote Originally Posted by The monk60 View Post
    One question tho...

    WTF is a nematode worm and why would we want to extend its lifespan?
    Science was not my best subject...

    Edit: ok just Wikipediad it. Nasty little things.

    But, royal jelly is good stuff and helps with allergies, from my own experience.
    Sorry to interrupt...carry on.
    Caenorhabditis elegans is a type of nematode worm often used for scientific research, including into ageing. It is one of the simplest organisms with a nervous system, its whole genome has been mapped, it's easy to grow, and simple to study.

  14. Should this be cycled?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Royal Jelly alleviates sperm toxicity and improves in vitro fertilization outcome in Stanozolol-treated mice. Iran J Reprod Med. 2015 Jan;13(1):15-22 Authors: Shalizar Jalali A, Najafi G, Hosseinchi M, Sedighnia A Abstract BACKGROUND: Stanozolol (ST) is a synthetic anabolic-androgenic steroid often abused by athletes. An increasing body of evidence points towards the role of ST misuses in the pathogenesis of a wide range of adverse effects including reprotoxicity. OBJECTIVE: The aim of this study was to analyze the possible reproprotective effect of royal jelly (RJ) as an efficient antioxidant in ST-treated mice. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Adult male mice were divided into four groups (n=5). Two groups of mice received ST (4.6 mg/kg/day) via gavage for 35 days. RJ was given orally to one of these groups at the dose level of 100 mg/kg body weight per day synchronously. Untreated control group and RJ-only treated group were also included. Epididymal sperm characteristics and in vitro fertilizing capacity were evaluated after 35 days. RESULTS: ST treatment caused a significant (p<0.05) decrease in sperm count and motility and fertilization rate along with poor blastocyst formation and increased sperm DNA damage. Moreover, the incidence of apoptosis and abnormality in spermatozoa was significantly (p<0.05) higher in ST-exposed mice than those of control. The above-mentioned parameters were restored to near normal level by RJ co-administration. CONCLUSION: Data from the current study suggest that RJ has a potential repro-protective action against ST-induced reproductive toxicity in mice. However, clinical studies are warranted to investigate such an effect in human subjects.
    hmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. Quote Originally Posted by PharmAnalyst View Post
    Should this be cycled?
    I'd suggest the same sort of 'sensible' approach outlined here.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    I'd suggest the same sort of 'sensible' approach outlined here.
    Thanks, picked this up last week and started running it with my second 4 weeks of 7,8 DHF.

  18. Anything noticeable from the 7,8 DHF PharmAnalyst

  19. Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Anything noticeable from the 7,8 DHF PharmAnalyst
    I think I'm getting a decent nootropic effect from it. I've noticed increased retention from reading and improved overall memory since starting it.

  20. Another study about this stuff, think I might have to pick some of this up


    Protective effect of royal jelly on the sperm parameters and testosterone level and lipid peroxidation in adult mice treated with oxymetholone

    Ensieh Zahmatkesh,1 Gholamreza Najafi,2,* Vahid Nejati,1 and Reza Heidari3

    Abstract
    Objectives : The aim of the present study was to evaluate protective effect of royal jelly on sperm parameters, testosterone level, and malondialdehyde (MDA) production in mice.

    Materials and Methods: Thirty-two adult male NMRI mice weighing 30±2 g were used. All the animals were divided into 4 groups. Control group: received saline 0.1 ml/mouse/day orally for 30 days. Royal jelly group (RJ): received royal jelly at dose of 100 mg/kg daily for 30 days orally. Oxymetholone group: the received Oxymetholone (OX) at dose of 5 mg/kg daily for 30 days orally. Royal jelly+Oxymetholone group: received royal jelly at dose of 100 mg/kg/day orally concomitant with OX administration.

    Sperm count, sperm motility, viability, maturity, and DNA integrity were analyzed. Furthermore, serum testosterone and MDA concentrations were determined.

    Results: In Oxymetholone group, sperm count, motility as well as testosterone concentration reduced significantly (p<0.05), while significant (p<0.05) increases in immature sperm, sperm with DNA damaged, and MDA concentration were announced in Oxymetholone group in comparison with control group and Royal jelly+Oxymetholone group. RJ caused partially amelioration in all of the above- mentioned parameters in Royal Jelly+Oxymetholone group.

    Conclusion: In conclusion, RJ may be used in combination with OX to improve OX-induced oxidative stress and male infertility.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Royal Jelly alleviates sperm toxicity and improves in vitro fertilization outcome in Stanozolol-treated mice.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack893 View Post
    Another study about this stuff, think I might have to pick some of this up

    Protective effect of royal jelly on the sperm parameters and testosterone level and lipid peroxidation in adult mice treated with oxymetholone
    Royal Jelly is a complex mix of sugars, fatty acids (particularly queen bee acid), amino acids, and proteins (including the unique protein royalactin). Without knowing which constituent part(s) of royal jelly was responsible for these effects, it's impossible to say whether they'd be replicable with queen bee acid alone.

  22. Thank you for pointing that out, I had assumed them to be the same thing.

  23. How quickly would I see results using this?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    How quickly would I see results using this?
    For AMPK-activating (i.e. fat burning/endurance) or BDNF-imitating (i.e. nootropic) effects? Either way, probably a couple of weeks. It would stack well with 7,8-DHF for either purpose.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Are you a queen bee?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 05:30 PM
  2. Modular Series
    By henryv in forum Antaeus Labs
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 12:24 AM
  3. Usnic Acid dangers?
    By ChaseRoy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 06:46 PM
  4. Okay what is unsic acid...
    By Lifeguard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Log in
Log in