Bulk-Up dosing

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,Starting bulk-up, but was wondering if I should go 3 caps for 6 weeks or 4-5 for 4 weeks. 185, 16% bf. Previous experience with anabolic growth kit and 1-ad rx by IML.Wondering about gains vs shutdown kinda things, which would be better?*edit: mistyped words from phone keyboard, and starting weight was 185 not 187.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Personally I'd go with 3 caps. Gains are not going to show overnight like superdrol but with patience, the slower steadier gains over the longer duration...assuming smart training and diet are in place..gains will be easier to retain.

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply, finished week 1 at 3 yesterday, thinking I may just continue at 3 for the remainder.

So far, aggression is up a little at the gym, strength up a little. Not too much different, but I know the dhea based compounds take longer to kick in. Thought about adding mass drops...but to reduce shutdown I may just stick with the bulk-up, and run the mass drops with 4-ad later.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely agree with 3 caps.

If you stick with just bulk-up recovery is going to be way easier.

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I just generally feel great on bulk up, no sense in pushing it. Cant wait for weeks 5&6

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Weekly updates would be awesome if you find the time.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
in for your ride let me know what you may need form andro factory.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm in for the ride bro! Keep us updated of your progress!!!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed brother!

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys! I'll post a two week update with stata on monday! I am liking what I see so far.

I started at around 185, 16.5% bf, and am ending week 3 of a m/w/f hst program, which I am also a fan of. Full body every workout, so every body part is hit 3x per week

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the support guys! I'll post a two week update with stata on monday! I am liking what I see so far.

I started at around 185, 16.5% bf, and am ending week 3 of a m/w/f hst program, which I am also a fan of. Full body every workout, so every body part is hit 3x per week
I love Hypertrophy Specific Training by Hiscock.

I just started a 4 day split 8 weeks but will go back to this when I am done.

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in today at 188, 16.8% bf. (using digital scale for bf readings, not super accurate but gives a good ballpark). Next workout is tomorrow. Will fill you guys in on how it goes!

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in today at 188, 16.8% bf. (using digital scale for bf readings, not super accurate but gives a good ballpark). Next workout is tomorrow. Will fill you guys in on how it goes!
Atta boy...much appreciated. Off to a good start.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I love Hypertrophy Specific Training by Hiscock.

I just started a 4 day split 8 weeks but will go back to this when I am done.
I might look into that HST, I'm in need of a bit of a change up :)

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
I use the anroid app StrengthCalc, it has a bunch lf programs in there, hypertrophy specific training (hst), gvt, phat, all kinds of good programs. Easy to follow every workout day.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey all,Starting bulk-up, nut was wondering if I should go 3 caps for 6 weeks or 4-5 for 4 weeks. 18716% bfPrevious experience with anabolic growth kit and 1-ad rx by IML.Wondering about gains vs shutdown kinda things, which would be better?
I would suggest 3 caps ED for 6 weeks,for the reasons Cordeen and the others have stated.

To help mitigate issues WRT shutdown and to help keep LBM gains made while on,I'd suggest running cordyceps militaris with Bulk Up.

Research I have looked at indicates that it may act as an HCG mimetic.Extrapolating the rodent data,dosing in man would be 4 grams per day,taken in one lump sum upon rising.

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, are you aware of anyone that carries that in a product? 4 grams per day of mushrooms seems like a lot haha have you tried them before? What about forskholin? Any benefit on cycle or post?

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Nice updates. Looking forward to see how this treats you.

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the advice, are you aware of anyone that carries that in a product? 4 grams per day of mushrooms seems like a lot haha have you tried them before? What about forskholin? Any benefit on cycle or post?
Sure,I'm glad to be of some help.Smartpowders offers bulk cordyceps on the cheap.

Well,my...cough,cough,pet hamster last tried SP's cordy powder at 5 grams starting on the 10th day of a 6 week cycle of a test propionate + anavar cycle and it did seem to have HCG mimetic properties,though I did not have bloodwork done on my hamster.

Note that SP offers the C4 strain of cordyceps and not the militaris strain;the militaris strain was what was used in the study WRT its endocrine effects.I am not sure
just how much of the militaris strain is present in cordyceps C4,offhand.

A word on dosing,4 grams is the amount that a man around 200 pounds would need for its HCG mimetic properties.This seems like a lot but it is not.In reality,I have yet to see a cordyceps supplement on the market that was not severely underdosed,supplement companies tend to go the shotgun/kitchen sink angle and under dose actives.

If you really look over all of the studies on Pubmed WRT cordyceps,you'll see it has a lot of endurance benefits, but the studies had conflicting results.I am wholly sure that the studies which showed little to no improvement in exercise capacity either had design flaws and/or insufficient dosing protocols were used.

That said,this is where the 4 grams of cordy militaris comes into play,which is directly based off the rodent data.

As far as forskolin in any setting,I am not impressed with it as much as I was a few years back.

Here is a good qoute which brought the much too likely undesirable effects of forskolin to my attention.The whole thread can be viewed here..
http://mindandmuscle.net/forum/20392-forskolin-crude

The more I read about it the more I think that forskolin is not the panacea.

its actually better used as a nootropic but for long term fat loss it may be detrimental as it leads to water retention. water retention induced angII will offset via the HPA and directly long term benefits induced by thyroid

hypothesis

with forskolin take some ace inhibtors (bad solution) or even better high dose vitamin D.

I'm going to try this myself, and stop ODing on forskolin. I now think it stalls my VAT loss. further more it ****s up your phenotype as ANGII has positive feedback on its Mrna everywhere, your MR gets saturated...

you never feel this via BP because Forskolin also vasolidates the arteries, BUT you feel the artificial hyponatremia by drinking less. man, I barely drink water on forskolin, my throat is dry as **** and I'm not thirsty

now I know why.

OK this really sucks.

I need something else for my thyroid needs.

murman89

murman89

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Weighed in at 191 today, I don't really trust the bf meter on my scale, fluctuates if I take a piss, etc, but I would say I am still around the same % ballpark.

So far I feel great, recovery is good, sleeping better, little more aggressive and focused in the gym.

Training wise, hst protocol wanted me to switch tp lower rep ranges with higher weight, but just didnt quite feel right. I think I will stick with higher reps (15) for the remainder of the run, and then switch to lower reps in pct, to see weight #'s go up instead of down.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

Weighed in at 191 today, I don't really trust the bf meter on my scale, fluctuates if I take a piss, etc, but I would say I am still around the same % ballpark.

So far I feel great, recovery is good, sleeping better, little more aggressive and focused in the gym.

Training wise, hst protocol wanted me to switch tp lower rep ranges with higher weight, but just didnt quite feel right. I think I will stick with higher reps (15) for the remainder of the run, and then switch to lower reps in pct, to see weight #'s go up instead of down.
Sounds like things are starting to get good next couple weeks should be a lot of fun. Keep us posted

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Nice update. Good to see the gains. Safe and effective.