Mechanisms of Garcinia Cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Inhibits the synthesis and deposition of fatty acids

Hydroxycitrate (HCA) acts as a lipogenic inhibitor (it inhibits the production of fat in the body).

• Acetyl coenzyme A (acetyl CoA) is formed in the mitochondria
  • Acetyl CoA is turns into citrate so that it can leave the mitochondria and into the cell cytosol.
  • ATP citrate lyase separates the citrate into acetyl CoA and oxaloacetate
  • Acetyl CoA is then converted into a malonyl coenzyme A (malonyl CoA). Malonyl CoA is used to form fatty acids.
  • HCA attaches to and blocks ATP citrate lyase from separating Acetyl CoA from citrate thus blocking the production of Malonyl CoA, and therefore the synthesis of fatty acids.

Increased Thermogenesis

As mentioned above, HCA inhibits the formation of acetyl CoA in the cytoplasm thus inhibiting Malonyl CoA. Malonyl CoA is an inhibitor of the enzyme carnitine acyltransferase, which is needed for the oxidation of fat. Carnitine acyltransferase is an enzyme that transports fats into the mitochondria to be burned. So be decreased levels of Malonyl CoA there will be an increased carnitine acyltransferase which will increase the likelihood of fat oxidation.
Also, HCA has been shown to Increase gluconeogenesis which will also contribute to an increased metabolic rate

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
yup, this is a compound with a validated moa that would function as a nice adjunct to any cutting stack

max d

Awards
  • Established
I know thus is wayyyy old but I'm looking to add this to my bulk. Everywhere I've looked talks about using it while cutting but seems as if it would be really beneficial in bulking as it would help detour the extra cals being stored as fat. You guys ever use it while bulking?