Low, low test - What To Do?

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Well, I just got my blood work results this afternoon where my testosterone levels measured out to 202, nearly ¾ years after my last cycle. I just turned 31, been very active all of my life and have only done these cycles: 2 1-Test transdermal cycles and 1 3-week cycle of 10mg Superdrol. They were all spaced out by at least half a year. All three times I had a solid PCT consisting of a combination of Nolva and Clomid.

HOLY ****, what the hell happened? Granted, I’ve always been small and didn’t grow like my other gym buddies despite eating more/better than they were (solid ecto). I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night, and rarely need my alarm to wake me up. I don’t overtrain anymore (I used to). Off-cycle, and before my first cycle in the past, my test levels came out under 400, but always above 300.

The Dr. was concerned and thinks I did something to myself with these cycles. I’m wondering if I did as hard as that is to believe. He had me do another blood test, and if it comes in low again, he said he “will look into my options.”

From what I understand, HRT will only focus on getting me back to above 300. I want to get my levels higher than that would like to ask the members here a few questions about doing so:

The big one is – Is there something I can do to lower my test levels for a few hours each time I go in for a blood test so that I will be prescribed/given enough test for my goals?

Can I get a script and have it filled out at more than one location?

Would I be able to get insurance to pay?

Should I ask for injections, patches or transdermal creams?

Or should I just shoot myself? Wait... Depression is a sign of low testosterone huh? :blink:

Any other advice or thoughts?

Thank you,

[FONT=&quot]Blesum[/FONT]

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
In case it matters, the only other abnormal reading in my bloodwork was that my RBC came in at 4.56 (4.7-6.1 is normal). If anybody has any questions about other parts of my bloodwork results, feel free to ask.

-Blesum

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Go get you some testosterone cyp. from a doc!

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
I've been reading up all evening on this and trying to figure out some answers. I thougth I'd share what I discovered to see if others agree, and as an information resource for future browsers to read.

HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) is forever.

You can still do steroids/PH's while on HRT.

Consider yourself lucky if a Doctor prescribes 200 mg of test.

Some are known to prescribe 400 mg AND 200 mg of deca. This is rare though.

Upjohn Test Cyp is usually not covered by insurance since it's considered a feretelity drug. At least one member had his insurance pick up the entire tab. Most have not been as lucky.

One post says it cost 400 bucks every 2 months for a 75mgX2 weekly injection of cyp. Not sure if this was WITH insurance or not.

Somebody suggested checking this site out:
www.allthingsmale.com
Prices supposedly cheaper, $100 a bottle of upjohn cyp (10ml) after a $200 bloodwork/consult.

Regarding the foreign order angle - Somebody theorized that if one was smart enough to figure out which brand he was going to buy overseas at much better prices, he could ask the dr to specify that brand on the script to make it legal, or more "legal" should the law come knocking. Not sure about this angle though.

-Blesum

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Forget the ordering overseas. Might as well go buy it at your gym.

I checked my HMO. They cover injections, gel, and the patch.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
The Dr. was concerned and thinks I did something to myself with these cycles. I’m wondering if I did as hard as that is to believe. He had me do another blood test, and if it comes in low again, he said he “will look into my options.”
Test levels can fluctuate - do you have any physical symptoms of low test? Its hard to believe some short PH cycles would have friend your HPTA...

BV

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
The Doctor said that my HPTA tests came out normal. I'm not sure what values show the HPTA function though.

I have been feeling a bit unmotivated about things in general lately. I also have been off of ALL supplements (including good ol' whey and creatine HCI) for the past three weeks since I was getting my body for a new push. However the blood was drawn BEFORE that, when I was feeling decent and making decent progress/weight at the gym so I'm surprised.

Yes, levels can change and that's why one more blood test was done this afternoon to see if it's at normal levels. However, today's was taken in the afternoon, and I ate like crap after breakfast today wheras all previous tests were taken first thing in the morning so I expect for the most recent results to come out low again. I've also been slacking off at the gym the past 3 weeks because I'm off of my supplements and worry about not getting enough nutrition for my muscles. I'm sure this will contribute to lowering today's test results as well.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
In case it matters, the only other abnormal reading in my bloodwork was that my RBC came in at 4.56 (4.7-6.1 is normal). If anybody has any questions about other parts of my bloodwork results, feel free to ask.

-Blesum
ahhh.. fer cryin' out loud, man! eat some friggin' beef liver!

do you think low doses of ATD would work for just test concerns? i've heard some talk on other boards about how it messes with libido but for me it doesn't seem to screw me up. i found that 1/3 of a pill (novedex xtreme) would give me early morning TPS.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Maybe even try 6-OXO, as its a bit more innocuous than ATD.