Nolva dosage measurements...

Bull Mkt

Awards
In light of sounding like an absoulte meat head, I am about to take my first dosage of Nolva but am very confused by the measurements on the bottle and syringe/squirter. The bottle states 20 mg/ml and then states 50 ml!?! The syringe/squirter goes by increments of mL/tsp?!? I'm trying to take 30 mg. Please help and be merciful in your flames...LOL!!!

herniorrhaphy

Awards
It sounds like your syringe has BOTH ml & tsp measurements. Use the ml lines, measure 1.5 ml. That should give you 30 mg since the concentration is 20mg/ml. The 50ml is the total volume of the Nolva.
In light of sounding like an absoulte meat head, I am about to take my first dosage of Nolva but am very confused by the measurements on the bottle and syringe/squirter. The bottle states 20 mg/ml and then states 50 ml!?! The syringe/squirter goes by increments of mL/tsp?!? I'm trying to take 30 mg. Please help and be merciful in your flames...LOL!!!

Last edited:

Bull Mkt

Awards
It sounds like your syringe has BOTH ml & tsp measurements. Use the ml lines, measure 1.5 ml. That should give you 30 mg since the concentration is 20mg/ml. The 50ml is the total volume of the Nolva.
Thanks hernio. Guess I would not make a good lab technician...

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established
I believe your wrong.. Im pretty sure its 1.5ml=20 mg, 2.25ml=30mg, and 3ml=40mg. I couldnt find the thread but its been convered.. PEACE

Spitdeath

Awards
yeah something about how it is 20mg of tamoxifen citrate and the pills have like 30mg of tamoxifen citrate in every 20mg pill. In other words to get 20mg of pure tamoxifen you need to take 1.5 times the dosage you want of the liquid.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
herniorrhaphy has it correct. If the concentration is 20 mg/ml there are 20 mg in 1 ml. If you want 30 mg of the substance, you need 1.5 ml. The dosage of tamoxifen vs. Nolva is where the conversion takes place. Not the concentration.

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established
Think about what you said.. 1.5ml of Tamox = 30 mg of Nolva. If that were the case then the nolva in the Tamox would be just as concentrated as normal.. Cuz 1.5ml would be 30mg. since its 20mg/ml in order to get 20mg of nolva you would need 1.5ml of Tamox.. If Im wrong I apologize in advance.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tamoxifen citrate = ~66.6% active ingredient of Nolvadex (tamoxifen)
20mg X .666 = 13.32mg.
30mg X .666 = 19.98mg.

1ml of tamoxifen citrate in solution @20mg/ml = 20mg X 66.6% = 13.32mg active ingredient of Nolvadex (tamoxifen)

1.5ml of tamoxifen citrate in solution @20mg/ml = 30mg X 66.6% = 19.98mg active ingredient of Nolvadex (tamoxifen)

herniorrhaphy

Awards
So I guess the question is, Bull Mkt, Do you want 30mg of Nolva or 30mg of tamoxifen. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

raylewis

Awards
bump for answer to last post??

When you say 19.98mg of "ACTIVE INGREDIENT" = 1.5, then 1.5 does not = 30mg of Novla for correct dosing for PCT? Sorry for the confusion.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
bump for answer to last post??

When you say 19.98mg of "ACTIVE INGREDIENT" = 1.5, then 1.5 does not = 30mg of Novla for correct dosing for PCT? Sorry for the confusion.
No, it is the correct dosing. The amount that you are missing"from the 60/40/60/20 protocol is some what negligable. Meaning that given B5150's numbers, 4.5ml of Tamox Cit would yield 59.94mg of the active ingredient, the difference is only 0.06mg, which I wouldn't worry about. The numbers would be 59.94/39.96/39.96/19.98. The difference is nothing to raise an eyebrow over.

raylewis

Awards
No, it is the correct dosing. The amount that you are missing from the 60/40/40/20 protocol is some what negligable. Meaning that given B5150's numbers, 4.5ml of Tamox Cit would yield 59.94mg of the active ingredient, the difference is only 0.06mg, which I wouldn't worry about. The numbers would be 59.94/39.96/39.96/19.98. The difference is nothing to raise an eyebrow over.
So rounding up would be:
60 - 4.5ml
40 - 2ml
40 - 2ml
20 - 1ml

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
So rounding up would be:
60 - 4.5ml
40 - 2ml
40 - 2ml
20 - 1ml
Yeah, something like that. Although it would be 4.5ml/3ml/3ml/1.5ml because it was 19.98mg in 1.5ml of the Tamox Citrate.
:thumbsup:

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Arghh, And It tastes like really bad Oh God that tastes like ****! First dose as I write this. Oh damn. :rant:

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Arghh, And It tastes like really bad Oh God that tastes like ****! First dose as I write this. Oh damn. :rant:
Someone get this man some OJ!:hammer: I wish I could say it gets better but...:(

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking 3 ml. a day for wk 1, 1.5 ml wk 2 and 3. This is correct, right? It's from IBE.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking 3 ml. a day for wk 1, 1.5 ml wk 2 and 3. This is correct, right? It's from IBE.
Yep, sounds like a solid plan. It all depends on the cycle, you can choose to extend the PCT one more week depending on how you feel. You're dosing 40/20/20 I take it?

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
This liquid v. tablet statement is not always accurate. At least one supplier of this research chem has already adjusted the concentration/values so that 0.5ml of liquid product dispensed is equal to a single 10mg tablet form of Nolvadex.

It is wise not to generalize. Ask specifically regarding the product you are obtaining from the supplier. Or, better yet, get a bottle and get it assayed yourself.. then you'll know.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He's right. The suppler might have adjusted the product so 20mg/ml refers to the active ingredient. Better check so you don't overdose.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Yep, sounds like a solid plan. It all depends on the cycle, you can choose to extend the PCT one more week depending on how you feel. You're dosing 40/20/20 I take it?
Yes, 40/20/20.

If IBE changed the dosage, I think somebody would have been notified, like Bobo. The doses may not be right on, but as long as they are close. People have said you don't even need Nolva. for SD pct., but I'm not taking any chances.