How are you eating your Healthy Cheat Foods?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was making the pancakes and waffles for the first time this morning and it made wonder what you guys are doing with them...???

Reps for original variations of how you're using our HCFs.

Thanks in advance.
STX

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From this post http://anabolicminds.com/forum/690718-post1.html , Jim Sadler posted:
...I experiemented and tried a batch with 1c mix + 1/4c Enova (DAG) oil + 1/4c water. These turned out better, and the oil made the dough easier to handle. Obviously, this has much higher fat content than using water only.

I also tried a batch with 1c mix + 1/8c Enova + 2 tbsps almond butter + 1/4c water. These tasted pretty good, but were a little too crumbly.

So like I said, a 6 if you only use water, but with some experimentation I think you could get them to 9 (at the cost of some added fat content).

And regardless of the taste, they are pretty healthy for you.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet Blueberry Pancakes...No Sugar Added!

I made some pancakes and waffles this morning. You should try this out, it was great!

Pre-mix your pancake batter according to the label on the package.

Take about a 8 to 10 blueberries (fresh or thawed from the freezer) and place them in a bowl. Add Healthy Cheat Foods Liquid Sucralose and shake the bowl. Try using just a drop or two to start with, taste, and add more HCF Liquid Sucralose as desired.

Drop the berries into your pre-heated, greased skillet & spread them out a little smaller than the size of your desired pancake. Immediately add the pancake mix. Flip when pancakes bubble & are golden brown. :food:

I don't add the blueberries to the mix because it makes it a little runny and turns it purple!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still need to order some. I got caught up reordering my other AI goodies and it left me with no extra funds but i'll be getting some in jan 2K7 and let you know what I come up with.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, I just tried an alternative HCF Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. It was real easy. I added a little less than 1/2 tbsp of natural peanut butter to 1/8 cup of mix and 1/2 tbsp water. I microwaved it for about 20 seconds. I know it's already peanut butter, but I couldn't help myself.

Jim Sadler

Awards
Here's the recipe for my best batch of HCN cookies so far:

1 cup cookie mix
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/8 cup Enova oil
1 tbsp Skippy Natural
1/4 cup water

Worked really well. More like sugar cookies in consistency, but taste like peanut butter.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was going to try something like this later this evening...and after hearing your feedback I probably still will. Thanks for the feedback!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, I have another idea to share.

Low Carb Chip Mix & Guacamole
Avocados are full of healthy fats ( http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/49165-why-eat-avocados.html ).I made some guacamole for the first time this weekend and it was real easy. All you need to do is add the following ingredients to a bowl and mash!

2 peeled Haas Avocados (the small black ones from California) or one medium avocado
Juice from one lime
1/4 onion chopped fine
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Jalapeno and or chopped cilantro

The chips are high protein, and the guac is high in healthy fats...and for those that like to eat carbs separately from fat...the 2g of carbs in the chips are from fiber!

Enjoy!
STX

Last edited:
freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
easy, i put it on my fork and down it with a glass of milk! LOL! Just kidding. Im glad too see a company that is coming out with healthy alternatives

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried any of the HCFs yet?

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I must say I am really impressed with the Pancakes. They tasted pretty good and I added some frozen blueberries I had in the freezer to them witch really made them taste great. I like the texture of these pancakes also.
Even my mom liked the pancakes, although she did put a slice of butter on them.

I'm excited to try the cookies next. I might have to buy some of the chips also, I love salsa and guacamole. Thanks for bring the guac up stxnas

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Okay, I just tried an alternative HCF Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. It was real easy. I added a little less than 1/2 tbsp of natural peanut butter to 1/8 cup of mix and 1/2 tbsp water. I microwaved it for about 20 seconds. I know it's already peanut butter, but I couldn't help myself.
I'm going to try this tomorrow and see how it goes. I just made a small batch using the regular directions and they turned pretty good imho. Nice PB flavor, and easy to eat. Came out a little dry and my wife wasnt too impressed by them (hey, she's the one that cooked them), but my son who is almost 5 couldnt get enough of them. Damn near ate the whole batch on me! But in the end he'll be eating these cookies as opposed to the not-so-healthy ones and that makes my very happy.

Jdub

Awards
I made a wafffle and it was reaalllllylylylylylyylylyl good!

Jdub

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
The PANCAKES are really good.. but to me they taste much better if slightly undercook.. Don't over cook them... Just looking for a good suger free syrup for them.... I use to like log cabin but its nasty now

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all of the feedback guys!

McBurly, it sounds like you and I have the same kind of taste with this stuff. Not sure if you saw my post about the blueberry pancakes or not, but they were awesome...and the chips and guac have weekends written all over them!

I'll have to admit that I just ordered more HCF Pancake Mix from Nutraplanet yesterday (I think I got the last one!). I had my wife try a pancake and thought it was great...I was surprised b/c she usually hates anything that I eat!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
THANKS!

More is on its way. Should be there today :)

CROWLER

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
McBurly, it sounds like you and I have the same kind of taste with this stuff. Not sure if you saw my post about the blueberry pancakes or not, but they were awesome...and the chips and guac have weekends written all over them!
Actually my mom always put blueberrys in our pancakes because of all the antioxidants, lol my mom is a health nut

As soon as I get my next paycheck Im picking up the pancake mix and I'll have to give the chips a try.

I'll give your cookie recipe a try tomorrow and report back

Last edited:
zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Well this weeks I've finally got around to making the cookies. The first batch I made per the instructions (I think I mentioned this above in this thread). Last night I made another batch, this time with Skim Milk, and Honey flavored Natural PB. mmMMM, good. The tecture is tough to get used to if you like soft chewy cookies, but the taste is awesome....especially the little after taste (which makes you want to eat more!) I think the next batch I'll add some Elvis Whey (Banana/PB) and see how that goes. the Elvis made the other cookies better, so I'm thinking it will be a good add.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I have been making the pancakes with a combo of water and sugar free syrups. I cook them up and take them to class with me, or I store them to eat before I head to the gym. Adding the syrup (whatever flavor you like), in before cooking them, makes eating them cold as close to heaven as I can imagine at this point. Right now my personal favorite is vanilla and caramel infused pancakes - Yum! Great stuff you guys have here!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
FANTASTIC!

I guess this answers the endless question/threads of name a food you can take with you on the go which is high protein!

CROWLER

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pecan Pancakes/Waffles

I tried another Pancake/Waffle variation this morning. This one was more of a cheat meal, but it went as follows:

1/2 cup mix
1 egg white (just wanted to see what would happen)
1/8 cup pecan chips (they're in the baking section)
2 tbsp Lite Cool Whip (waffle topping, mmm)

I made two waffles and one thin pancake (watered down the leftover waffle batter to do this). The egg really made no difference in the texture and I might try adding a little more in the future.

The egg white only added ~3g protein. The pecan chips added 10g fat (1.5g saturated fat), 4g carb (3g fiber 1g sugar), & 3g protein. The lite cool whip added 1g saturated fat, 1g sugar. Together this added 11g fat (2.5 saturated),
3g fiber, 2g sugar, & 6g protein ~ 130 calories.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Stxnas that sounds delicious you cheater food killer :)

BTW my in-laws where here and my wife cooked some of the pancakes for them. They never even knew they were healthy until after they ate them.

The couldn't believe they had vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes etc in them until I showed them the label lol

CROWLER

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, it was a little more of a cheat than a meal replacement...but look on the brightside, it really only added healthy fats from the pecans. Everything else was pretty negligible.

Owen70

Awards
i got an order from NP today in which i ordered some of HCF peanut butter cookies. i GF just got done with practice and came over, and ****ing balls to her face was she when i surprised her with these cookies. i used

1 cup of PB cookie mix
1/3rd cup 1%milk
1tbsp of olive oil

made about 4 2.5-inch cookies
she LOVED them, and like ZT boy said the aftertaste, for some reason, makes you want to eat more. good business ploy HCF haha.

seriously, there is nothing cuter than watching your girl eating her high protein, low carb/fat cookies with a glass of mint chocolate chip protein shake! haha i feel so overjoyed with this bull**** i can now pull with HCF

Owen70

Awards
i got an order from NP today in which i ordered some of HCF peanut butter cookies. i GF just got done with practice and came over, and ****ing balls to her face was she when i surprised her with these cookies. i used

1 cup of PB cookie mix
1/3rd cup 1%milk
1tbsp of olive oil

made about 4 2.5-inch cookies
she LOVED them, and like ZT boy said the aftertaste, for some reason, makes you want to eat more. good business ploy HCF haha.

seriously, there is nothing cuter than watching your girl eating her high protein, low carb/fat cookies with a glass of mint chocolate chip protein shake! haha i feel so overjoyed with this bull**** i can now pull with HCF

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump. I want some more feedback now that these have been out longer.
From a post about a month ago:
...I made some using a 1/2 cup of mix, a 1/4 of water and a tsp of oil. I got two medium sized pancakes that were indeed nice and fluffy.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been making banana pancakes. I make them small and eat them throughout work.

1 serving HCF Pancakes

-add-

In blender: 1 banana, 1 tbps natural PB, cinnamon

-add-

-1/4 - 1/2 cup ground oats
-scoop AI unflavored whey isolate OR 2 tbsp Rose Acre Farms dried egg whites
-Sometime I add some liquid dropper banana flavor
I add these to get more serving without using more pancake mix.

These taste AMAZING and I make them almost daily.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I eat my pancakes every morning for breakfast.

I make them thin, for some reason they taste better. I also add blueberries in AFTER putting them into the pan, gives an awesome addition to an already really good tasting pancake.

For me, thinner was the key.