OrganicShadow's GlycoBALLIN! (AI Sponsored)

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

1. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    I try to be there, but I have a tendency to crave carbs...
    I love carbs... Pasta, breads, potatos....
    I have to admit I get the wrong kind sometimes.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

2. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Dieticians are usually idiots from my experience (I work in a hospital). Their main problem is they recommend based off the USDA guidelines.

Also to add, realtively high protein intake has NEVER been clinically shown to damage already healthy functioning kidneys. If anything excessive carb intake is what damages your kidneys. The link that it is protein is based upon the fact protein is found in the urine of individuals with kidney problems but this is due to the glucose not the protein, the protein link is the effect not the cause.
    There's different schools of thought. It sounds like shes trying to put me in on an average person "well-balanced" diet. I started making my own minor modifications. She had me at round about 150g protein, which means Im under 1g/lb body weight? That doesn't make sense. I wanted an opinion and I got one. I'll try it out but I have a feeling Im gonna end up redesigning this whole thing again in about 2 weeks using biochemistry, not the USDA.

Thats tough stxnas. For a little while I thought I was something like that but it turned out I was more hypoglycemic. I generally run very low.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

3. I'm not going to put this as brand new thread, but I'll ask here for thoughts.

Talking to a guy in the gym around my weight a bit shorter & he's pretty jacked.

Anyhow he says he doesn't neccessiarly get his body weight in protein but he does consume a 4:1:1 BCAAs in the AM and around work out times and he has been ok with that...
    What's your thoughts? Figure most here are a big more knowledgeable considering I'm more new and have beginners growth....
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

4. Ummm, I have a thought process going on but Id rather leave it to someone else more knowledgeable to give a solid answer on that. It seems to be a plausible occurance.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

5. I'm thinking bcaas are the magic.

I think if you get .8g/lb and get around 20-30g bcaa to make it to the level you need.

But with that said a lot of the carbs we eat are gut irritants or not really nutrient dense.

Fruits have there fructose so it can be a problem if all you ate were 300g in bananas.
    RecoverBro ELITE

6. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I'm borderline Type II diabetic and just don't process carbs well. I do better with something like a 40/40/20 p/c/f or even a little more protein heavy.
    Significantly dropping your carb intake should gave a positive effect on your type II diabetes, especially help improve your insulin sensitivity. I cam imagine glycobol being a real asset to you

Give the book "Protein Power" by Dr Eades a read sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I try to be there, but I have a tendency to crave carbs...
    It isn't that bad as long as you dont over do the carbs. I find, for me at least, once I start eating more carbs I have a tendency to over eat calories for the day and my weight becomes harder to manage and keep under control. The 20% carbs are usually comprised of potatoes with one or two meals and two servings of fruit during the day. Rest of the day it's veggies, protein and fats.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    There's different schools of thought. It sounds like shes trying to put me in on an average person "well-balanced" diet. I started making my own minor modifications. She had me at round about 150g protein, which means Im under 1g/lb body weight? That doesn't make sense. I wanted an opinion and I got one. I'll try it out but I have a feeling Im gonna end up redesigning this whole thing again in about 2 weeks using biochemistry, not the USDA.

Thats tough stxnas. For a little while I thought I was something like that but it turned out I was more hypoglycemic. I generally run very low.
    Sorry if I rambled on too much in my post bud but the whole protein damages your kidneys and protein is bad for you nonsense is a little pet peeve of mine. Countless times throughout my average day at work I would hear that I eat too much protein from all sorts of people, from doctors to nurses to dieticians to etc. That along with I eat too much red meat or eggs and I need to eat whole grains and bla bla bla. It gets rather annoying after a while.

Technically your body only needs around .6 to .8g/lb of protein per pound of body weight for daily usage, even for a person with heavy activity. Remember that a pound of lean muscle only has around 160g of protein in it. Even if you are gaining a pound of true muscle a week thats only 23g extra of protein a day necessary to synthesize it. Really all calories beyond that are used solely for energy to power all the different living processes. Our body requires about 200g glucose for energy (CNS, red blood cells, etc) For someone eating extremely low carb, say 30g carbs, than a 170g deficit has to be made up. You can say maybe around 30g of that glucose can be obtained from the glycerol from stored and dietary fat than that still leaves 140g in the hole. This 140g can be obtained from protein (either dietary sources or muscle but who here wants to loose muscle?) or dietary carbs. If one is limiting their carb intake, here is where an excess protein consumption will be very beneficial especially since not all aminos convert in a 1 to 1 fashion from protein to glucose.

To me protein and fat is what is NEEDED (i.e essential) carbs such as fruit, potatoes, rice etc are more of a luxury and are to be used sparingly depending on your goals. This goes back to the paleo beliefs of eating nutrient dense food such as veggies vs a bowl of oatmeal which has gluten present, contains high levels of lectins and phytic acid (which can cause intestinal imbalances and block the absorption of nutrients), are also high in omega 6s and cause many people to have high insulin then say if I were to fill the rest of their calories from eggs, veggies or steaks. I am relatively low carb so I eat way more than .8g per lbm and that protein can not only be useful for me but IS needed and has no negative downfalls to it. I can completely see how someone who is consuming 500g carbs AND 400g protein will have some issues but to say high protein is bad for you is just silly (unless you are talking extremely high)

Sorry if I rambled on again, hope you don't mind
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

7. Ive been experimenting with the zone diet. 40/30/30

8. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Sorry if I rambled on again, hope you don't mind
    Not at all. I know what youre getting at and I know what youre saying. I studied/work in urinalysis so the function and pathological states of the kidneys are no strange concept to me. At the time, my diet was causing too much stress on the glomerulus to filter out a lot of things I was taking. Im not blaming high protein diet, it may just have been a contributor.

I took three days of this diet and said F^ck this. Im starving when i get hungry an hour later, i feel deprived, my lifts the last couple days sucked, a LOST weight.

There's a couple ideas that i'll take from it but Im ultimately going back to my 1:1:1.

I have one more day left with Glycobol and a leg lift tomorrow. I'll be posting final thoughts soon.
    And tomorrows football... which means ill probably be replenishing glycogen stores with this:

Josh - I can think of a few topics we might as well just start a rambling thread about. lol
    Franz Kafka

9. Yeah so if your cutting back carbs and maintaining a certain amount of calories then your going to get more protein...
    It's truth.

I'm takin in more carbs that's probably why I'm not exceeding my bodyweight in protein

10. Im around 200g protein. 200g carbs and 70g fats.
    The diet comes out a bit above 2300. I still think thats not enough.

I try to replace calorie deficits from carbs with fats, some protein
    Franz Kafka
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Im around 200g protein. 200g carbs and 70g fats.
    The diet comes out a bit above 2300. I still think thats not enough.

I try to replace calorie deficits from carbs with fats, some protein
    U should be good... lol
    I'm about 250g carbs 180g protein and 80g fats roughly.

12. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Not at all. I know what youre getting at and I know what youre saying. I studied/work in urinalysis so the function and pathological states of the kidneys are no strange concept to me. At the time, my diet was causing too much stress on the glomerulus to filter out a lot of things I was taking. Im not blaming high protein diet, it may just have been a contributor.
    I dont think there has really been a study done that shows a link between protein and kidney damage. I believe IIRC most of it is done on speculation of the protein leaking into the urine via the kidney and assume the protein damanged the kidneys but I remember reading a paper that showed that it isnt the protein that damages the kidney but the elevated glucose that causes the damage, the protein leak is the effect.

EDIT* I found 2 of the papers I was referencing here ->

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.co...-7075-2-25.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract
    PESCIENCE.COM

13. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post

I have one more day left with Glycobol and a leg lift tomorrow. I'll be posting final thoughts soon.
    And tomorrows football... which means ill probably be replenishing glycogen stores with this:

Josh - I can think of a few topics we might as well just start a rambling thread about. lol
    Hot wings and fried plantains are on the menu for me for football tomorrow.. GO GIANTS!

As for the thread on rambling... I have a app nut log which is pretty much the ramblings of a mad man (me)
    PESCIENCE.COM

14. Wheres the link my man?!?!?

Mmmmmm. fried Plantains.
    Franz Kafka

15. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag
    I'm thinking bcaas are the magic.

I think if you get .8g/lb and get around 20-30g bcaa to make it to the level you need.

But with that said a lot of the carbs we eat are gut irritants or not really nutrient dense.

Fruits have there fructose so it can be a problem if all you ate were 300g in bananas.
    Gotcha.
    What are your thoughts on a 8:1:1 vs 4:1:1?

16. Hot wings and fried plantains MMHHHHHHH

Similar Forum Threads

1. what do you like to see from a none sponsored log?
    By WhatsaRoid? in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
  2. My CRE 02 log ( Not Sponsored )
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 12:50 AM
  3. MST Sponsored
    By pitbull800 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 01:08 PM
  4. UNC's AEN Get Fit Sponsored Log!